Forum Settings
Forums

Were you ever in an anime club in real life?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 25, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
Manganese said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
LimeSlate said:
Manganese said:
I'd join one but I'm relatively confident someone, at some point, would mention Naruto and I'd flip

I seriously cannot stand Naruto

Here here

I nearly rammed a scalpel through my mate's hand whilst we were dissecting sheep hearts after he started going on for the umpteenth time about how great Naruto is.

I took that as a sign I don't mix very well with fanboys/fangirls.

Unfortunately every club involving entertainment media has at least one
So I steer well clear

What the hell man....Naruto is actually really good, you just have to give it a chance, I had the same attitude as you before I watched it, and now I'm completely hooked, can't get enough of that shit.

I haven't the patience to watch it.
I like my anime short, sharp and snappy.

Asides from Yugioh and Pokemon, two shows that practically defined my childhood

Well yeah, it's shit actually, dropped after the first 30 eps, but man...I was expecting a heated discussion to break out, ah so much for hoping to get rid of my boredom.
Jun 25, 2013 3:27 PM

Dec 2012
Clubs in denmark are... well... non-existing... in schools. Schools are for studying only...

But there's a "club/group/organisation" in the city i live in... some of the members are dorks, yea. But they tend to have more friend-potential than other people...
Jun 25, 2013 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
patsuan said:

Well yeah, it's shit actually, dropped after the first 30 eps, but man...I was expecting a heated discussion to break out, ah so much for hoping to get rid of my boredom.

Have Naruto listed in your favorites as a 10/10 while also expressing how much you love it in other areas of the forum. A reaction is almost guaranteed.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 25, 2013 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
Club at my school, looked to see who was in it, opened my eyes up toward those kind of people, vowed not to express my love for anime in a form that eccentric

Jun 25, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2013
ToodleNoodles said:
Club at my school, looked to see who was in it, opened my eyes up toward those kind of people, vowed not to express my love for anime in a form that eccentric

yet you ended up on MAL..... how the mighty have fallen
Jun 25, 2013 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:

He's probably talking about people who obsess over anime so much that they change their appearance according to what their fav characters wear n stuff... I know a few people like that, and they're actually normal, atleast I percieve them to be normal, and I actually kinda admire how they have the courage to dress like that and not care about anything but the things they like doing. Respect yo.
Jun 25, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2013
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:

He's probably talking about people who obsess over anime so much that they change their appearance according to what their fav characters wear n stuff... I know a few people like that, and they're actually normal, atleast I percieve them to be normal, and I actually kinda admire how they have the courage to dress like that and not care about anything but the things they like doing. Respect yo.

cosplayers, yah

I just point and laugh at cosplayers. Usually they look TERRIBLE.
But I'll give cred where it's due. If they do it well, respect
Jun 25, 2013 4:00 PM

Feb 2010
There's always weird people in anime clubs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
Manganese said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:

cosplayers, yah

Especially all the fat gurls trying to cosplay as Yoko from TTGL. rofl.
Jun 25, 2013 4:02 PM

Nov 2008
Yes from 1995-2003

We even got a hold of raws and fansubs of anime back then as well.

Jun 25, 2013 4:04 PM

Jun 2013
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:

He's probably talking about people who obsess over anime so much that they change their appearance according to what their fav characters wear n stuff... I know a few people like that, and they're actually normal, atleast I percieve them to be normal, and I actually kinda ad
mire how they have the courage to dress like that and not care about anything but the things they like doing. Respect yo.

cosplayers, yah

OH GOD

& yeah, that's wht I meant

Jun 25, 2013 4:19 PM

May 2013
ToodleNoodles said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:

He's probably talking about people who obsess over anime so much that they change their appearance according to what their fav characters wear n stuff... I know a few people like that, and they're actually normal, atleast I percieve them to be normal, and I actually kinda ad
mire how they have the courage to dress like that and not care about anything but the things they like doing. Respect yo.

cosplayers, yah

OH GOD

I think that sums up everyone's feelings quite nicely
Jun 25, 2013 5:12 PM

Jun 2008
Removed some offtopic derails about One Piece fans.
Jun 25, 2013 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
renders said:
I don't even understand why ppl join clubs like these in real life.I understand talking about anime with rl friends that watch some of the shows u watch or talk to ppl on the forums but going to these clubs with these weird ppl is beyond me

So you are saying that people who like anime are weird despite yourself being anime fan?
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jun 25, 2013 5:28 PM
Feb 2012
wukp said:
renders said:
I don't even understand why ppl join clubs like these in real life.I understand talking about anime with rl friends that watch some of the shows u watch or talk to ppl on the forums but going to these clubs with these weird ppl is beyond me

So you are saying that people who like anime are weird despite yourself being anime fan?

Some people aren't open about being an anime fan in public. Take it from me this is my life.
Jun 25, 2013 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
No, I never heard of any. If I did I wouldn't join.
Jun 25, 2013 7:36 PM

Oct 2008
Yep, was in my high school's anime club all four years, was president of it my senior year. We watched all types of anime from Death Note to Fruits Basket to Genshiken to whatever the Presidents felt like. We also had gaming tenements, especially Super Smash Bros Melee, and then on holidays/the end of the year we had pizza parties. There was also a manga library we could rent from that ones this one guy's massive manga collection he kept in the club room.

The reason I liked it most was that all my friends were in it too so it was a place we could hang out at on Tuesdays.
Jun 25, 2013 7:46 PM

Sep 2011
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
patsuan said:
Manganese said:
ToodleNoodles said:

cosplayers, yah

OH GOD

I think that sums up everyone's feelings quite nicely

*spits out water* LOLOL
Jun 25, 2013 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
I wouldn't be able to

Since I'm too cool
Jun 25, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
I went to the one at my college. It was cool for a while when we had a good staff who tried to find unlicensed and obscure new stuff for us to watch. I got to see a whole bunch of stuff I never would have watched otherwise. Then they graduated and and it got taken over by people who didn't much about anime and wanted to watch old stuff I've seen a billion times already, so I stopped going.

Contrary to what most people have been saying, my college's club was filled with a much of normal non-otaku-looking people of both sexes and was pretty cool because they gave us a nice lecture hall with theater style seating a huge screen and projector you could play any type of multimedia on.
KruszerJun 25, 2013 11:45 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 25, 2013 11:35 PM

Jun 2013
Of course not, I don't want the people look at me like a weirdo. The people in those clubs are pretty pathetic.
¡VIVA ESPAÑA!
Jun 25, 2013 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
Cupquake said:
The one in our school is weird as fuck. The all wear raccoon tails and for some reason they are obsessed with cats.

When I asked them wtf raccoon tails had to do with anime, I was told they were tanuki tails.

No chance of joining that weird-ass club, unless some of my friends join with me.

congrats your the first post to make me laugh since I joined.
Jun 25, 2013 11:39 PM

Dec 2012
No one in Malta watches anime, so no.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 26, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2008
I'm somewhat in one right now.
Jun 26, 2013 1:28 AM
Apr 2013
I haven't met anyone who watches anime IRL. Well, there's a Narutard kid walking around with headbands, he bought himself Sharingan contact lenses from somewhere, and says "Dattebayo" all the time, even though he isn't speaking Japanese (Needless to say that is all he watches). Oh, and who can forget the 2 ugly cosplaying twins that sit together and read manga all day.

So, yeah, me meeting any anime fan who isn't a freak is nothing but a pipe dream.
Jun 26, 2013 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
Finding someone who watched an anime beside One Piece,Naruto or Pokemon and knowing that is anime and not a cartoon would be a miracle.
Jun 26, 2013 5:56 AM

May 2013
Symqn said:
Finding someone who watched an anime beside One Piece,Naruto or Pokemon and knowing that is anime and not a cartoon would be a miracle.

yeah, finding someone in my country that knows anything besides the 3 dragonball, pokemon and yugi-oh
is very very rare so.....
Jun 26, 2013 6:00 AM

Feb 2013
Some of my friends do watch anime, but I never heard of an anime/manga fanclub/club in Slovenia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2013 6:31 AM

Mar 2012
Symqn said:
Anime IS cartoons though
Jun 26, 2013 6:41 AM
Jun 2012
never. and never will.
Jun 26, 2013 12:24 PM

Sep 2011
I go to one at my school. Not really any weeaboos per say. Though this is this one guy in there who would always watch really ecchi anime on one of the computers and the teacher doesn't even know about it. So done
Jun 26, 2013 12:57 PM

May 2012
yeah and it was actually pretty cool. Besides anime we talked about games and I got some great recommendations.

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jun 26, 2013 1:05 PM

Dec 2009
No.

The people of the anime club in HS were idiotic weeaboos. The people in college are just... adult weeaboos. No thanks.
Jun 26, 2013 1:14 PM
Feb 2012
At my school (Name of school withheld) years ago, I went to a few meetings in the beginning of the year. Some the anime they showed was WAY different than how I grew up with it. Never got connected to it, and left the club. Wasn't that great. Do I regret? Nope.
Jun 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Jun 2013
ziga1221 said:
Some of my friends do watch anime, but I never heard of an anime/manga fanclub/club in Slovenia.

yep anime/manga in Slovenia doesn't exist sadly
Jun 26, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2012
No and i never will be.
Jun 26, 2013 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
I'd like to check one out... maybe I'll meet some cool people that are not weaboos.

doubt it though :/
Jun 26, 2013 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
What's a weaboo?
Jun 26, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2011
SlothieSloth said:
What's a weaboo?

Human scum that makes anyone who watches anime look bad
Jun 26, 2013 6:56 PM

Apr 2013
RockerXD said:
SlothieSloth said:
What's a weaboo?

Human scum that makes anyone who watches anime look bad.

I see, not but really I don't know. Are they wannabe otakus?
Jun 26, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
SlothieSloth said:
RockerXD said:
SlothieSloth said:
What's a weaboo?

You baka.

Did I do it right?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 26, 2013 7:01 PM

May 2012
SlothieSloth said:
RockerXD said:
SlothieSloth said:
What's a weaboo?

This
WEEABOO

Otaku

Copy and pasted from a different website because i am to lazy to type it myself.

Put some pictures in there.
pufssJun 26, 2013 7:05 PM
Jun 26, 2013 7:08 PM
Feb 2012
pufss said:
SlothieSloth said:
RockerXD said:
SlothieSloth said:
What's a weaboo?

This
WEEABOO

Otaku

Copy and pasted from a different website because i am to lazy to type it myself.

Put some pictures in there.

Yeah, and you all thought my sorry taste defines one of the two. Nope, not all normal people who watch anime are battle shounen tards.
Jun 26, 2013 7:32 PM

Feb 2013
Was never in a club nor do I think we had one at our school. I do remember that there was a group of kids that always hung out in the Senior Quad and ironically no other seniors stayed there when they were there. They were loud and boisterous, always jumping off shit, chasing each other, poking each other, and making faces at each other. They also adopted anime mannerisms (if you understand what I mean) and would semi-cosplay (Naruto headbands, random sleeves, fingerless gloves, etc.) everday. I guess they are one reson why I avoided anime in high school.

Also remember this one girl who had a Sasuke (from Naruto) hairstyle and always wore a blue sweatshirt
that was in my class. She didn't hang out with that group and was actually pretty chill. Now that I think back she looked frighteningly similar to Sasuke.

Anyways that's my "story" about anime clubs/people in high school.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 26, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
SaberRitsu said:
Shrabster said:
JustALEX said:
Thankfully no.

Obligatory
NOOOOOOOO!

Also yeah I was in an anime club my Junior or Senior year in high school. We just watched Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service and stuff like that though. Which was fine with me though. Nobody was obsessed with anime in the club though and weren't cancerous so it was alright.
Jan 31, 2014 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Well, In a few months I will be going to college and I found out that it has an anime club I'm curious should this be a thing I should go to? Personally I think it will quite a good way to meet new people me being a new student and all.
Jan 31, 2014 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
Anime club sounds good, be glad it wasn't called "Otaku Club" by your lesbian goth feminist classmate with purple hair. Trauma aside Always worth taking a chance or two. I mean even though I didn't join the otaku club in high school, I'll admit that the two meetings I did go to were a fountain of knowledge for anime and most people there got along.
Jan 31, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
It definitely depends on the people, but it can be a very fun place to go to! You may end up meeting some really cool individuals who share something in common with you. I recommend at least checking it out once.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

24 by M_MASTER »»
30 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

49 by BatoKusanagi »»
14 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

48 by BatoKusanagi »»
30 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

45 by aanj1n »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

38 by BatoKusanagi »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.