Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 11, 2009 9:31 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow this anime has everything. lots of action, a seemingly good story, and its all mashed up and mixed up so you kinda have to think about what your watching a little more than usual. at least that might be true for this particular episode since its the opener. i expect great things from this one. ayako subed it.

Jan 11, 2009 11:22 AM

Watched with Ayako Subs and I'm still a bit confused by the first episode. It seemed to be two separate stories (possibly on separate worlds?)

The action wasn't that bad, but I hate the setup of a harem around Layfon already.

Jan 11, 2009 11:23 AM

that was a pretty nice episode, tight action and everything...especially as there are some pretty interesting characters :D

Jan 11, 2009 11:26 AM

well i like the first episode, i'll keep watching hope it gets better

Jan 11, 2009 11:32 AM

wow...this seemed like something that Fox Kids will pick up by the end of the year. The monster design looked straight from mid 90's American cartoons. I was appalled. Super generic action, characters, and seemingly, plot. The direction is good, writing is blah, and art is just plain. I didn't think it got more average than Yozakura Quartet.

Jan 11, 2009 11:35 AM

I've had high hopes for this series just from the trailer I watched while researching the winter 09 season.

So far it hasn't to disappoint. Probably the only thing that's lived up to my expectations so far. Ha ha. Good action, decent character designs, and that sort of thing.

As far as the storyline issue that was mentioned with this first episode? Personally I'm pretty sure the one who had the wrap on the entire time was Layfon. Initially I thought it was his past but I suppose it could be a glimpse of the future? I know some anime like giving a glimpse of the future in the pilot episode. Prism Ark did that, not in a very successful way but it was done nonetheless.

So far this looks like one of three series I pretty much know for certain I'm picking up this season.

Jan 11, 2009 11:39 AM

noteDhero said:
wow...this seemed like something that Fox Kids will pick up by the end of the year. The monster design looked straight from mid 90's American cartoons.

lol, I thought the same thing.

But anyway, I thought it was alright. Kinda confused. -_-

Jan 11, 2009 11:39 AM

Whoa, those first 5 minutes sure impressed me. The rest of the episode of was pretty good. But I wonder if that battle was showing us Lei-Fong's past, and if so, I do hope we get to see more it, because those characters that were watching the battle seemed to be quite kickass =P

Jan 11, 2009 12:05 PM

that was awsome!!! the background music was really good...

Jan 11, 2009 12:45 PM

Never had much expectations, about as much as for Macademi WAsshoi since it's the same company that is behind the animation. Liked the first episode except that background music during battle was terrible and sounded so damn corny like it was made in the early 90s.

Jan 11, 2009 1:23 PM

seems a bit like Prism Ark to me.. many storyparts and much action put together...
Hope it doesnt goes all the same way..

i'm a bit disapointed

Jan 11, 2009 1:24 PM

that was cool, good action and interesting characters. I hope to see a good story coming out of here

Jan 11, 2009 2:02 PM

they didn't show the conclusion of the battle but i think something happens and layfon gives up fighting to go to zenri as a normal student.. or so he thinks

edit: upon closer observation.. i think the battle in the beginning happened in the past. the guy in the vehicle with the glasses looks like a young version of the now president of student council. and i guess that he watched the battle and saw layfon and that's why he recruited him to the military department blah blah blah
Modified by riraito, Jan 11, 2009 2:11 PM

Jan 11, 2009 2:16 PM

this have really good music. someone know when op/ed/ost will be out?

Jan 11, 2009 2:18 PM

Whos the voice actor for the student council president, he sounds so familiar but I can't remember what other characters he did...

Jan 11, 2009 2:21 PM

You may know him from Yakitate Japan, Soul Eater (Excalibur), Tales of the Abyss (Jade), and a lot of other stuff.

Jan 11, 2009 2:33 PM

am i the only one who doesn't understand what's going on ?

Jan 11, 2009 2:39 PM

Yea it was prolly jade... since he sounds just like him. As for excalibur... idk I couldn't take the shit he was talkin about so that never entered my mind... Regios was ok, wasn't great, wasn't bad but the only anime this year I looked forward to is Ippo. It does feel like Prism Ark for some reason cause of the endowed powered weapons...

Jan 11, 2009 4:22 PM

That was a bit confusing, I honestly don't know what to think. The action was okay but there is something about most of the characters that doesn't feel right. Maybe they are tryin' too hard to be stereotypical. And yeah, it's pretty early for a harem just yet.

I'll have to wait and see how'll this turn out. Damn, I hate it when I pick up twice as many shows I plan to/should be. Have to learn to drop some.

Jan 11, 2009 4:45 PM

This show seems like it has potential, for me =P
The first episode was abit confusing, but it kept me watching, the action was pretty good
A wide variety of character + weapons , so it seems
Looking forward to the next episode.

Jan 11, 2009 5:18 PM
I really liked the first episode. The characters eyes are really weird but everything else was good. The story was kinda confusing.

Jan 11, 2009 6:29 PM

I liked it I think I understood what was wrong but the thing that annoyed me the most had nothing with the anime the quality the quality was horrid. But I know that there will be a HQ so I will re watch then.

Jan 11, 2009 8:24 PM

That was pretty interesting. Very confusing, which I appreciate. Well, it's less confusion and more mystery. All the characters seem interesting so far, pretty awesome character designs. Didn't like the background music during the opening fight though. It really sticked out in a bad way.

BEGINNER

Jan 12, 2009 4:52 AM

i am so hyped for this now, this show seems extremely promising. Very unique, had some great music, the plot seems interesting, and seems like its going to have some awesome action. Good chance this will be my favourite this season.

I also had to laugh when i heard the student council president, looks a bit like jade from tales and is same seiyuu :P

Jan 12, 2009 6:49 AM
DB Admin Offline
Gah! Why does Nakahara Mai-sama have a role in such a boring anime?! Didn't like this episode too much. I'm not dropping it, simply because Mai-sama is voicing Felli but it better improve a bit in the next episodes.
open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Jan 12, 2009 7:53 AM

Pretty confusing but still the start seems promising.

Jan 12, 2009 8:53 AM

Quite an action packed episode. Not much was explained, but it seemed Lei-Fong had an heroic past. I wonder why he enrolled to the academy as a fresh man... Anyway, I hope it has a good plot but I'm not holding any high expectations...

p.s. this show reminds me of Mai Otome for some reason...

Jan 12, 2009 9:44 AM
Cool episode, kept me thinking and I was really into it. Pretty confusing but I'm guessing he was raised on that other dome thingy and was a fighter for it since he was little but then decides to leave fighting behind and go to school but gets stuck in the military division. Looks promising. Agreed on the fox kids thing at first lol.

Jan 12, 2009 11:24 AM

Good first episodes . Gives a lot of fights on an exciting song , powerful attacks and styles ... funny characters ... and a nice drop of mystery on the top :) .

Jan 12, 2009 1:52 PM
noteDhero said:
I didn't think it got more average than Yozakura Quartet.

Haha. You know what, I thought EXACTLY that in seeing the first five minutes of this episode. I was trying to remember when was the last time I saw a totally generic shonen with nothing interesting whatsoever, and I recalled Yokazura Quartet (a shame since it's directed by a great director though). Regios is really similar indeed, horrible design, over-generic setting and action scenes, mildly good direction but this shonen feeling that tells you in the hear that it won't ever be good nor well-developped. Instant drop for me, that's probably the worst thing I've seen this year.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Jan 12, 2009 7:47 PM

Everything was horrible until ... the loli. Oh yes... That secured 1 more episode for me.

Jan 13, 2009 8:31 AM

Oh god...I couldn't even finish the first episode, it was pretty terrible. -_-;; Won't be watching this series...

Jan 13, 2009 5:39 PM
For those of you who did not realize this, the little kid with the sword that you see is the main character as a kid. He is just thinking about his past or dreaming about it. The kid with the silver hair and glasses in the car thing is the current president of the school. It is not hard to figure out. If you pause it near the end when you catch a glimpse of who the kid with the sword is, you see that it is the main character.

From the looks of it, it seems like the main character wants to get away from his past and live as a normal person. That is why he acts the way he does, instead of the past. Also that explains why he has a sudden burst of power for a second in the episode, its because he dose not want people to know how strong he is. He also mentions that he has military experience to the president of the school when he is asked. So that should be enough to make you understand the episode.

Other than that I hope this will be a awesome anime, it already seems like it will be.

Jan 14, 2009 1:34 AM

I think it will not jump higher than fantasy shounen, but it can be quite good fatasy shounen. It has good animation, really good char design (Jade erm Karyan and his sister ftw ;)) and fine characters. Its not awesome but i like it.

Jan 15, 2009 4:57 AM

I think it's probably his past, and if so, why did he stop fighting.
I liked first episode, even though I am confused about those flashes.
Lets hope 2nd episode explains things at least a little bit.

And yeah, monster animation was awfull, other animations were average.

Jan 16, 2009 5:16 PM

lame. Complete waste of time.

*dropped*

Jan 16, 2009 5:56 PM

Was quite interesting IMO. Although I really hated the monster CG... Dropped a lot of anime because of that, hopefully i don't dropt this one because of that as well.

Jan 18, 2009 11:30 AM

i thought it was great, fast paced action and cool techno music to go along with it

Jan 18, 2009 12:42 PM

I actually found this episode really boring and confusing @_@ With two different stories at the same time. But, I will continue watching this series, perhaps the later episodes become more interesting and understanding.

Jan 18, 2009 1:36 PM

Hmm... This seems to be quite a good anime. Perhaps, it will be the best of this winter season.

Jan 19, 2009 8:12 PM

omg this was like watching Blue Gender and Prism Ark at the same time XD.

The techno rave music got me pumped. I think without it the show wouldn't have been as appealing.

Jan 20, 2009 5:35 AM

I don't really know why, but I found this anime intriguing. Since it's from a novel series, I hope the plot will be articulated and the characters developed enough for me to be interested in them. I like the trashy techno music in the fighting scenes XD.

Jan 20, 2009 9:28 AM

This was pretty confusing...
Looks promising to me though, I kind of liked the setting ^^

Jan 20, 2009 3:06 PM

Eh, it's okay. The video quality was killing me, but I caved and downloaded the LQ version anyway.

I must say though, that must be a pretty awesome school if it has random girls coming in to change your clothes like that. I hope it gets a little bit better overall.

Jan 20, 2009 9:47 PM

I'm mixed on the first episode. The episode was confusing but there does seem to be some potential for this show if it is developed properly. I like the setting and the characters appear to have diverse personalities. Going to give it a few more episodes before deciding on dropping it.

Oh and that song playing during the desert battle is terrible. It sounded like cheesy beat music from DBZ American version.

Jan 20, 2009 10:01 PM

I <3 the first episode lol I really want the OST for this series XD

I wonder if it will get the 3 episode curse though :O

Jan 22, 2009 2:24 PM

Am I the only one who is disliking the OST...
Anyway it looks like a decent show.

Jan 24, 2009 10:18 AM

Decent so far, character designs are meh for me, BGM ruined the action scene too..

Jan 27, 2009 10:14 PM

It looks like it could actually be good. We'll see (=

Jan 31, 2009 1:44 AM

Im sort of confused by all the action at the beginning and the end of the 1st episode. Besides that, the story began rather smoothly but disappointly ordinary. Didnt expect much from this since every other anime ive seen released this season are a let down.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »