Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for June 10th - 16th

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Jun 24, 2013 5:03 AM
News Team
。:+* ゚ ゜゚ *+:。

Online
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2859
The weekly manga and light novels rankings for 10th - 16th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1. 397,934 2,418,424 One Piece Vol.70
*2. 202,773 *,202,773 Chihayafuru Vol.21
*3. *88,261 *,493,743 Bleach Vol.59
*4. *64,083 *,204,678 Worst Vol.32
*5. *60,222 *,*60,222 Break Blade Vol.12
*6. *59,486 1,117,438 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.10
*7. *57,669 1,167,815 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.9
*8. *56,660 1,202,373 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.8
*9. *55,287 *,*55,287 Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi Vol.6
10. *54,832 1,363,465 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.5

11. *54,334 1,610,564 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.1
12. *54,218 1,407,846 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.4
13. *54,064 1,311,332 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.6
14. *53,840 1,224,086 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.7
15. *53,460 1,531,504 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.3
16. *53,130 1,571,729 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.2
17. *45,048 *,*89,036 Aku no Hana Vol.8
18. *42,400 *,*42,400 Kodomo no Jikan Vol.13
19. *41,840 *,176,682 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.2
20. *40,731 *,*40,731 Ouke no Monshou Vol.58

21. *40,512 *,176,268 Claymore Vol.24
22. *38,654 *,165,755 SKET Dance Vol.31
23. *36,835 *,*66,891 Ajin Vol.2
24. *35,650 *,*35,650 Kodomo no Jikan After School
25. *34,725 *,*35,337 Sex Pistols Vol.7
26. *30,929 *,*30,929 Ikusa no Ko - Oda Saburou Nobunaga Den Vol.4 Limited Edition
27. *30,824 *,164,557 Nisekoi Vol.7
28. *26,480 *,*26,480 Yumekui Merry Vol.10
29. *26,460 *,*54,411 Sankarea Vol.8
30. *26,296 *,*26,296 Seito Shokun! Final Chapter Vol.8

Rank 31-50

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
*1, *48,131 173,816 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Vol.12
*2, *36,286 102,727 Accel World Vol.14
*3, *35,969 106,319 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.10
*4, *23,904 218,728 Kagerou Days Vol.3
*5, *23,796 *60,808 Durarara!! Vol.12
*6, *10,775 181,992 Koyomimonogatari
*7, *10,746 123,793 Shingeki no Kyojin INSIDE KOU
*8, **9,875 *43,671 High Kyuu!! Shousetsuban!! Vol.1
*9, **8,223 359,059 Kagerou Days Vol.1
10, **8,140 **8,140 Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Vol.12 Finalizing Crimson

11, **7,535 887,366 Toshokan Sensou Vol.1 Small Size Edition
12, **7,176 311,375 Kagerou Days Vol.2
13, **6,027 584,091 Toshokan Sensou Vol.2 Small Size Edition
14, **5,584 437,953 Toshokan Sensou Vol.5 Small Size Edition
15, **5,553 499,860 Toshokan Sensou Vol.3 Small Size Edition
16, **5,543 477,479 Toshokan Sensou Vol.4 Small Size Edition
17, **5,342 **5,342 Taste differ. Vol.2
18, **5,295 *16,276 Intellectual Village no Zashiki Warashi Vol.3

Source: Oricon Youtaiju
 
#2
Jun 24, 2013 5:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3691
Now Shingeki no kyojin is selling really good thanks to the anime. I remembered when SAO was airing. The same thing happened but with the light novels.
 
#3
Jun 24, 2013 5:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Almost all the books in the LN list are carried over from last week.. The only exception is the BL light novel "Taste differ." and the final volume of Polyphonica Crimson series LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
 
#4
Jun 24, 2013 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3019
17. *45,048 *,*89,036 Aku no Hana Vol.8

Look at Aku no Hana's sale, second week is even better than the first week :D

21. *40,512 *,176,268 Claymore Vol.24

*2, *36,286 102,727 Accel World Vol.14


Claymore and Accel World are doing well as usual. That's all I care about
 
#5
Jun 24, 2013 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8886
No new light novels to add my list this week, though quite a few things to edit the figures for.
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
#6
Jun 24, 2013 5:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8886
Weekly sales total for vol 1-9 of SnK:

April 8:
247484

April 15:
352387

April 22:
343040

April 29th:
526855

May 6th:
519867

May 13th:
407914

May 20th:
627810

May 27th:
551674

June 3rd:
580310


June 10th:
492217
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
#7
Jun 24, 2013 5:18 AM
Review Moderator
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 862
Snowical said:
*2. 202,773 *,202,773 Chihayafuru Vol.21
I always love seeing Chihayafuru at the top of the charts. Very much deserved.

 
#8
Jun 24, 2013 5:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
ThangLong said:
17. *45,048 *,*89,036 Aku no Hana Vol.8
Look at Aku no Hana's sale, second week is even better than the first week :D
So there is clearly an anime boost here. For the previous volume, by 2nd week the sales was less than half of the vol.8 sales

44, *21,078 *,*40,201 Aku no Hana Vol.7
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
#9
Jun 24, 2013 5:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 581
I'm glad to see Durarara!! here :)
 
 
Jun 24, 2013 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 403
some of mangas and LNs that i'm interested in are doing well. great to see it.

 
 
Jun 24, 2013 6:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 889
36. *20,345 *,*20,345 Fairy Tail Vol.38 Special Edition with DVD

Any reason this is so low? I'm sure the DVD bundled SEs sell more than this. No sign of the regular edition either. Do they come out on separate dates?
 
Jun 24, 2013 6:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3948
AndyRayy said:
Snowical said:
*2. 202,773 *,202,773 Chihayafuru Vol.21
I always love seeing Chihayafuru at the top of the charts. Very much deserved.
We need season 3!!! Can't wait for 22 with the OVA! 21 is good but man, goes by so fast I have to buy Be Love magazine now, just have to know what happens...
 
Jun 24, 2013 6:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
EighteenSky said:
36. *20,345 *,*20,345 Fairy Tail Vol.38 Special Edition with DVD

Any reason this is so low? I'm sure the DVD bundled SEs sell more than this. No sign of the regular edition either. Do they come out on separate dates?
Vol.38 has official release date as Jun 17 but some shops, particularly online retailer, ship the books a bit earlier. This list, as you can see in the first post, covers sale from Jun 10-16, so those earlier sale before the official release date is counted in this list. But the number will be low anyway (it is not yet officially released). The regular edition is also out on Jun 17 but the earlier sale does not make into the list. So we can conclude that a lot more "special edition" is shipped early than the "regular edition"
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jun 24, 2013 6:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
Good to see the Haikyuu novel getting a second week. Now all we need is an anime.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Jun 24, 2013 7:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 889
symbv said:
Vol.38 has official release date as Jun 17 but some shops, particularly online retailer, ship the books a bit earlier. This list, as you can see in the first post, covers sale from Jun 10-16, so those earlier sale before the official release date is counted in this list. But the number will be low anyway (it is not yet officially released). The regular edition is also out on Jun 17 but the earlier sale does not make into the list. So we can conclude that a lot more "special edition" is shipped early than the "regular edition"

Ah okay that makes sense, cheers.
Modified by VulgarLife, Jun 24, 2013 7:49 AM
 
Jun 24, 2013 7:49 AM
Observer

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5283
Good to see Chihayafuru as well. Season 3 is not a dream.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
Jun 24, 2013 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2723
Claymoreeeeee.

Sales are still doing good after all these years.

If only it were enough to convince the committee that did the anime to do a second season along with an ova or two to re-do the first season's ending.
 
 
Jun 24, 2013 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5406
wakka9ca said:
Good to see Chihayafuru as well. Season 3 is not a dream.


I fully expect a third season, given the sales and ratings. There is not enough material to cover 2-cours yet, though. Maybe in one or two years.
Stone Ocean adaption when?
 
Jun 24, 2013 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3019
Yvese said:
Claymoreeeeee.

Sales are still doing good after all these years.

If only it were enough to convince the committee that did the anime to do a second season along with an ova or two to re-do the first season's ending.

I have been waiting for the project Claymore: Sisterhood for years now :D
 
Jun 24, 2013 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1148
phoenixalia said:
Good to see the Haikyuu novel getting a second week. Now all we need is an anime.


I will wait forever for a HQ anime sighs.
 
 
Jun 24, 2013 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
5th Durarara!! ? That's good to see.
 
Jun 24, 2013 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1727
One Piece ichiban xD nice also Bleach 3rd
 
Jun 24, 2013 11:07 AM
Anime Moderator
Online
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7587
Snowical said:

*9. *55,287 *,*55,287 Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi Vol.6


Yes. Such a cute manga, glad to see it up there ^^
 
Jun 24, 2013 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4528
Chihayafuru is the only one i care from this list. <3
 
Jun 24, 2013 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
*1. 397,934 2,418,424 One Piece Vol.70
No surprise there

*5. *60,222 *,*60,222 Break Blade Vol.12
Nice

*1, *48,131 173,816 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Vol.12
Hoping for a THIRD SEASON IF POSSIBLE
 
Jun 24, 2013 1:48 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11785
Snowical said:

19. *41,840 *,176,682 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.2

The only series I don't enjoy in the current Shounen Jump lineup... And it runs two weeks in the top 20...
the progeny of a dropped colony
 
 
Jun 24, 2013 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 122349
*2. 202,773 *,202,773 Chihayafuru Vol.21


Oo, this somewhat surprised me. The SnK dominance was expected though. I'm also looking forward to reading the LN version of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei in the future. Wonder if there will be an anime adaptation in the future...
 
Jun 24, 2013 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18968
Looking forward to DxD and Blade Dance sale. It's today if I'm not mistaken.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Jun 24, 2013 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5466
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Snowical said:

19. *41,840 *,176,682 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.2

The only series I don't enjoy in the current Shounen Jump lineup... And it runs two weeks in the top 20...

Why?
 
Jun 24, 2013 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2273
Yes! Chihayafuru! Really hoping for a 3rd season.. wow, it kinda reminds me of Bakuman although they are both totally different genre. But the feeling that both anime gives you is really amazing. So season 3 pls!
 
Jun 24, 2013 7:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 123
ORE IMO the best :-)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
 
Jun 24, 2013 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Stark700 said:
I'm also looking forward to reading the LN version of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei in the future. Wonder if there will be an anime adaptation in the future...
This has always been in the list of "LN most likely to get adapted into anime" for LN/anime fans in Japan for quite some time. I won't be surprised if we hear news of its being animated in the next few months.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jun 24, 2013 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2734
*1. 397,934 2,418,424 One Piece Vol.70

*6. *59,486 1,117,438 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.10
*7. *57,669 1,167,815 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.9
*8. *56,660 1,202,373 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.8
10. *54,832 1,363,465 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.5

*5, *23,796 *60,808 Durarara!! Vol.12

Sweet.
 
Jun 24, 2013 11:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2121
One Piece right where it should be
 
 
Jun 24, 2013 11:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
I need to start checking these lists more often. Great recommendations :)))
Glad to see some of my favorites doing well.
 
Jun 25, 2013 12:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2778
Some interesting entries here.

- Chihayafuru is still topping the charts. No surprise there.
- Aku no Hana is doing business, most likely because of the anime. Very nice.
- Shingeki no Kyojin is still dominating. Also, no surprise.
- Kodomo no Jikan. The last volume signals the end of the manga, so this was expected (somewhat).
- Sankarea. A welcome surprise. Still hoping they'll continue the anime at some time, as they didn't cover the best parts of the manga.
- OreImo. Not really all that surprising, though probably not less deserved.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 25, 2013 12:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 795
Oh, Durarara is still airing. To which point did anime get and did it have an anime original ending?
 
Jun 25, 2013 2:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 67732
ThangLong said:
Yvese said:
Claymoreeeeee.

Sales are still doing good after all these years.

If only it were enough to convince the committee that did the anime to do a second season along with an ova or two to re-do the first season's ending.

I have been waiting for the project Claymore: Sisterhood for years now :D


dude i hope that happens lol
 
Jun 25, 2013 2:19 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1920
Chihaya doing work
 
 
Jun 25, 2013 5:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 987
always love reading Bleach .. !!!
 
 
Jun 25, 2013 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1060
Shingeki remains strong.
 
Jun 25, 2013 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 231
*2. 202,773 *,202,773 Chihayafuru Vol.21

one of my best
 
Jun 26, 2013 5:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 59
TatsuyaShiba said:
*3, *35,969 106,319 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.10

Where's my anime? I'm tired of waiting.


meh i don't know why a lot of people want the anime adaptation.

for me
LN >>> good / best
Manga adaptation >>> emm not good
Anime adaptation >>> worst / disaster


monologue will be skipped too much, monologues in Yahari anime also being skipped but fortunately the monologues is not as much as mahouka.
 
Jun 26, 2013 11:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Superfaraway said:
meh i don't know why a lot of people want the anime adaptation.
for me
LN >>> good / best
Manga adaptation >>> emm not good
Anime adaptation >>> worst / disaster

monologue will be skipped too much, monologues in Yahari anime also being skipped but fortunately the monologues is not as much as mahouka.
Many LN fans think like you do, but on the other hand, anime/manga adaptation can help draw in new fans and make the fan community bigger. Also some LN fans like to see characters or scenes in the LN actually move and talk -- and this is what anime provides. The impact of the visual stimulation can be seen in the sharp rise of fan art once an LN becomes an anime, for example. And as people always say, things you find insufficient in anime, like monologues and detailed explanation of settings or thinking, one can always get by reading the LNs.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jun 26, 2013 11:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18968
symbv said:
Superfaraway said:
meh i don't know why a lot of people want the anime adaptation.
for me
LN >>> good / best
Manga adaptation >>> emm not good
Anime adaptation >>> worst / disaster

monologue will be skipped too much, monologues in Yahari anime also being skipped but fortunately the monologues is not as much as mahouka.
Many LN fans think like you do, but on the other hand, anime/manga adaptation can help draw in new fans and make the fan community bigger. Also some LN fans like to see characters or scenes in the LN actually move and talk -- and this is what anime provides. The impact of the visual stimulation can be seen in the sharp rise of fan art once an LN becomes an anime, for example. And as people always say, things you find insufficient in anime, like monologues and detailed explanation of settings or thinking, one can always get by reading the LNs.
And anime also help LN to get full picture of what happen in LN.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Jun 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
NeoAnkara said:
And anime also help LN to get full picture of what happen in LN.
I would say that nowadays anime is often a complementary experience for the LN. It is a given that anime will need to pare down the details and plot complexity to fit its length and makes it easier for watchers, many of them newcomers, to understand. In the past, adaptation could often become a free-hand reimagination by the anime staff which made the anime a very different thing from the original material; but nowadays I notice the anime staff often stresses how much they want to stay true to the original material, so as you said, the anime becomes an extension, or a replacement, of the LN experience. To me, one of the best examples is Bakemonogatari. And I am sure the very good sale of SAO BD/DVD has to do with people enjoying seeing and hearing the characters and scenes in the LN in full animation, despite the fact that it cut out a lot of things in the LN.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
 
Jun 26, 2013 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 703
They really don't care much for Bleach anymore over there in Japan. Shame.
 
Jun 26, 2013 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 463
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
Superfaraway said:
meh i don't know why a lot of people want the anime adaptation.
for me
LN >>> good / best
Manga adaptation >>> emm not good
Anime adaptation >>> worst / disaster

monologue will be skipped too much, monologues in Yahari anime also being skipped but fortunately the monologues is not as much as mahouka.
Many LN fans think like you do, but on the other hand, anime/manga adaptation can help draw in new fans and make the fan community bigger. Also some LN fans like to see characters or scenes in the LN actually move and talk -- and this is what anime provides. The impact of the visual stimulation can be seen in the sharp rise of fan art once an LN becomes an anime, for example. And as people always say, things you find insufficient in anime, like monologues and detailed explanation of settings or thinking, one can always get by reading the LNs.
And anime also help LN to get full picture of what happen in LN.

Why people prefer watching sports to playing sports? LN takes more brainpower just like playing sports takes more physical power.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
 
Jun 26, 2013 11:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18968
kuity said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
Superfaraway said:
meh i don't know why a lot of people want the anime adaptation.
for me
LN >>> good / best
Manga adaptation >>> emm not good
Anime adaptation >>> worst / disaster

monologue will be skipped too much, monologues in Yahari anime also being skipped but fortunately the monologues is not as much as mahouka.
Many LN fans think like you do, but on the other hand, anime/manga adaptation can help draw in new fans and make the fan community bigger. Also some LN fans like to see characters or scenes in the LN actually move and talk -- and this is what anime provides. The impact of the visual stimulation can be seen in the sharp rise of fan art once an LN becomes an anime, for example. And as people always say, things you find insufficient in anime, like monologues and detailed explanation of settings or thinking, one can always get by reading the LNs.
And anime also help LN to get full picture of what happen in LN.

Why people prefer watching sports to playing sports? LN takes more brainpower just like playing sports takes more physical power.
Honestly I don't understand your analogy here.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Jun 27, 2013 12:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 463
NeoAnkara said:
kuity said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
Superfaraway said:
meh i don't know why a lot of people want the anime adaptation.
for me
LN >>> good / best
Manga adaptation >>> emm not good
Anime adaptation >>> worst / disaster

monologue will be skipped too much, monologues in Yahari anime also being skipped but fortunately the monologues is not as much as mahouka.
Many LN fans think like you do, but on the other hand, anime/manga adaptation can help draw in new fans and make the fan community bigger. Also some LN fans like to see characters or scenes in the LN actually move and talk -- and this is what anime provides. The impact of the visual stimulation can be seen in the sharp rise of fan art once an LN becomes an anime, for example. And as people always say, things you find insufficient in anime, like monologues and detailed explanation of settings or thinking, one can always get by reading the LNs.
And anime also help LN to get full picture of what happen in LN.

Why people prefer watching sports to playing sports? LN takes more brainpower just like playing sports takes more physical power.
Honestly I don't understand your analogy here.

Lol, not the best analogy I must admit. I was trying to say that reading takes more effort than watching.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »