Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2009 12:53 PM

Dec 2008
Rikuna said:
If someone has to be ashamed for not having Metal Gear Solid 4 what must I feel@@;? I am a PS3 owner with no PS3 games (currently :3). It is 60GB Knightmare frame model, so it is PS2+ for me :3

unfortunate, check out ebay so u can some ps3 games for a reduced price
Jan 27, 2009 12:53 PM

Dec 2008
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Should I be ashamed as a ps3 owner that I don't own MGS4?>.>;
fuck MGS4, it's barely a game. it was more of a movie.

In a way, its a good thing. Deep storys are what games rarely have. Gaming is evolving at an incredible rate, and along with it are the way they make the games. Gaming is no longer, in some ways, just arcades - with no story and focus purely on gameplay and scores. It's evolving into a more interactive form of 'entertainment'.

Seeing as how gaming brings in almost all forms of entertainment, 'movie', music, reading, and interactivity together. Its no wonder that atleast one of those elements takes over most of the game - i believe its an imbalance. However, MGS4 makes it right with the cutscenes being interactive and so well written and emmersive, that makes it still a game that also has very long cut scenes - but thats because it has a story worth telling. Not to mention - the gameplay is pretty good.

So i say, it's an interactive movie - in ways, but still manages to pull of being a 'game'.

I wonder if i rambled on to much without making any point. o well.

well if u like metal gear, there is a game thats coming out later this year that u may be interested in called Heavy Rain

I'll probably rent that one, it looks like it has some promise. Im on a wait-and-see attitude when it come to that one.

same here, idc how much hype a game gets, it can still end up sucking in the end like that game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, terrible AI, and just average all around. I had very high expectations for the game, and got majorly disappointed

Same here. The game was flawed with long load times, repetitive combat, shallow characters, and no James Earl Jones. Shameful.

lol who is James Earl Jones?
Jan 27, 2009 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
sunboi205 said:
Rikuna said:
If someone has to be ashamed for not having Metal Gear Solid 4 what must I feel@@;? I am a PS3 owner with no PS3 games (currently :3). It is 60GB Knightmare frame model, so it is PS2+ for me :3

Ah, well I just traded in my two games I had for it. Decided I would never play them again, so yeah :3 I've had around 5 total, but yeah - all were boring.

I may get Devil May Cry 4. If not - I will wait for Bayonetta!

Jan 27, 2009 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
Rikuna said:
sunboi205 said:
Rikuna said:

Ah, well I just traded in my two games I had for it. Decided I would never play them again, so yeah :3 I've had around 5 total, but yeah - all were boring.

Don't you mean DMC5? :p
Jan 27, 2009 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:
sunboi205 said:
Rikuna said:

Yes :3 I dunno - I never really played a game like it before; hack and slash type. I just hope it doesn't feel like grinding without rewards (like levels, but instead item drops and money? I assume?). Clearly I haven't done much research on the genre, but I think it is about time to evolve@@;!

Jan 27, 2009 2:03 PM

Jun 2007
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

In a way, its a good thing. Deep storys are what games rarely have. Gaming is evolving at an incredible rate, and along with it are the way they make the games. Gaming is no longer, in some ways, just arcades - with no story and focus purely on gameplay and scores. It's evolving into a more interactive form of 'entertainment'.

Seeing as how gaming brings in almost all forms of entertainment, 'movie', music, reading, and interactivity together. Its no wonder that atleast one of those elements takes over most of the game - i believe its an imbalance. However, MGS4 makes it right with the cutscenes being interactive and so well written and emmersive, that makes it still a game that also has very long cut scenes - but thats because it has a story worth telling. Not to mention - the gameplay is pretty good.

So i say, it's an interactive movie - in ways, but still manages to pull of being a 'game'.

well if u like metal gear, there is a game thats coming out later this year that u may be interested in called Heavy Rain

I'll probably rent that one, it looks like it has some promise. Im on a wait-and-see attitude when it come to that one.

same here, idc how much hype a game gets, it can still end up sucking in the end like that game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, terrible AI, and just average all around. I had very high expectations for the game, and got majorly disappointed

Same here. The game was flawed with long load times, repetitive combat, shallow characters, and no James Earl Jones. Shameful.

The sexy voice of evil.
MY FIGHT MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
Jan 27, 2009 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
Rikuna said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:
sunboi205 said:
Rikuna said:

Yes :3 I dunno - I never really played a game like it before; hack and slash type. I just hope it doesn't feel like grinding without rewards (like levels, but instead item drops and money? I assume?). Clearly I haven't done much research on the genre, but I think it is about time to evolve@@;!

You've never played a DMC game before(correct me if I read that wrong)?:o Bayonetta is made by the creator of DMC(if you didn't know that already), so if you enjoyed that, you'll probably enjoy this too.
Jan 27, 2009 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
Yep yep ~ I saw DMC person worked on Bayonetta :3! It is 30 Dollars though for PS3 new@@;;;;;; Almost instant buy hehe (as my more recent games for PS2 were all 30-40 >.>).

My friend said "you need skill to combo in DMC4! It isn't a button masher!" So maybe, I will like it.

Jan 27, 2009 3:07 PM

Jan 2009
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Darth Vader
Jan 27, 2009 3:09 PM

Jan 2008
Rikuna said:
Yep yep ~ I saw DMC person worked on Bayonetta :3! It is 30 Dollars though for PS3 new@@;;;;;; Almost instant buy hehe (as my more recent games for PS2 were all 30-40 >.>).

My friend said "you need skill to combo in DMC4! It isn't a button masher!" So maybe, I will like it.

LoL! Don't know about skill, but you may need a ice pack for your palms afterward. I think you should play the first 3 before you do. I think they still have the collection for all 3 for less than 30 now. Booooo! I paid 80 bucks for it(got the collectors edtion-.-)
Jan 27, 2009 3:10 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:

LoL! Don't know about skill, but you may need a ice pack for your palms afterward. I think you should play the first 3 before you do. I think they still have the collection for all 3 for less than 30 now. Booooo! I paid 80 bucks for it(got the collectors edtion-.-)

I saw the first one had a high rating - so did the third and 4th on gamerankings.com~ 2nd did badly ; ;? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe the 1st was the highest ranked one? Should I just get that if it is better than 4th?

edit-
Yep, checked - the first one has the highest rating by far. 90%+ Others are 80's and 2nd is 70 ; ;. Guess 1st is best then.

Jan 27, 2009 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
Rikuna said:

\
I think it would be cool if bayonetta turned out to be a DMC spin-off. Maybe haver her be Dantes sister or something, hed show up and say "need some help, sis?" or something like that.
Jan 27, 2009 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
Rikuna said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:

I saw the first one had a high rating - so did the third and 4th on gamerankings.com~ 2nd did badly ; ;? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe the 1st was the highest ranked one? Should I just get that if it is better than 4th?

Devil may cry 3 the is the best in the series. ask any fan that and they'll give you the same answer.
DMC2 is not canon, due to it sucking so badly and being made by another team inside capcom. also because its story doesnt really make sense or match up with the others storys.
so in short, you dont need to play DMC2, its not worth it anyhow.
Jan 27, 2009 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
Rikuna said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:

edit-
Yep, checked - the first one has the highest rating by far. 90%+ Others are 80's and 2nd is 70 ; ;. Guess 1st is best then.

Eh, I hate the controls for the first one. It's a great game and all, but they feel too stiff(Like RE). DMC2 was ok, but compared to the rest, it was meh. To me DMC3 still remains the best in the series.
Jan 27, 2009 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:

edit-

Eh, I hate the controls for the first one. It's a great game and all, but they feel too stiff(Like RE). DMC2 was ok, but compared to the rest, it was meh. To me DMC3 still remains the best in the series.

Wahh ;; DMC1 is so cheap though@@; Literally can use my lunch money to buy it :3

I left you a comment Gunblade@@;, but it is okay if you do not respond to it!

Jan 27, 2009 3:55 PM

Jan 2008
Rikuna said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Rikuna said:

edit-

Wahh ;; DMC1 is so cheap though@@; Literally can use my lunch money to buy it :3

I left you a comment Gunblade@@;, but it is okay if you do not respond to it!

Yeah. I got my copy for like 5 bucks 4 or 5 years ago.

lol, I responded. :p
Jan 27, 2009 4:05 PM

Dec 2008
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Darth Vader

ohhh ok ;)
Jan 27, 2009 4:06 PM

Dec 2008
Rikuna said:
sunboi205 said:
Rikuna said:

check out Dead Space, very good, I almost shit myself countless times.
In fact wear a diaper just incase
Jan 27, 2009 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
another count for having a PS3.

still waiting for more decent games though, which is gay seen as I bought it quite late on.

however 2009 seems like a good year
"It would be biased not too"
Me

"what do you mean we're out of toner?"
Random Office Worker

"Hey! arent you that bearded guy from TV?"
Random Chav
Jan 28, 2009 12:46 AM

Sep 2007
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Darth Vader

ohhh ok ;)

Quoted so that I can add to this great pyramid of quotes.

So I'm curious, does anyone actually buy a PS3 for it's blu-ray capabilities? I honestly couldn't care less, as I don't have a TV that could take advantage of blu-ray. It's more of a reason not to buy a PS3, since it puts it out of my budget range.
Jan 28, 2009 2:06 AM
Jun 2006
naikou said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Darth Vader

ohhh ok ;)

So I'm curious, does anyone actually buy a PS3 for it's blu-ray capabilities? I honestly couldn't care less, as I don't have a TV that could take advantage of blu-ray. It's more of a reason not to buy a PS3, since it puts it out of my budget range.

if you dont have a hd ready tv, whats the point in getting a next gen console anyways? :P if your tv cant take advantage of BR it cant take advantage of the ps3's games either
Jan 28, 2009 2:14 AM

Sep 2007
izikiel said:
naikou said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Darth Vader

ohhh ok ;)

if you dont have a hd ready tv, whats the point in getting a next gen console anyways? :P if your tv cant take advantage of BR it cant take advantage of the ps3's games either

I'm in it for the gameplay. It's not going to bother me if my PS3 games look like PS2 games on my tv.
Jan 28, 2009 4:06 AM
Jun 2006
had to stop the quoting :P
then its ok, but then its probably better to stick with a ps2.. since the gameplay aint that good on most nextgen games ( both ps3 and 360 ) compared to earlier generations atleast

Jan 28, 2009 10:18 AM

Dec 2008
izikiel said:
had to stop the quoting :P
then its ok, but then its probably better to stick with a ps2.. since the gameplay aint that good on most nextgen games ( both ps3 and 360 ) compared to earlier generations atleast

ehhh maybe, my ps3 was hooked up to a standard tv before I got my HDTV, its still worth it regardless of the tv, I think
Jan 28, 2009 10:20 AM

Dec 2008
has anyone seen the game for ps3 called X-Blades??? It comes out in about 2 weeks, and looks interesting.
Also F.E.A.R. 2 comes out in a couple weeks, cant wait!!
Jan 28, 2009 3:36 PM

Jan 2009
naikou said:
izikiel said:
naikou said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
jimbo1023 said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
sunboi205 said:
Rail_Man said:
Frito said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Darth Vader

ohhh ok ;)

I'm in it for the gameplay. It's not going to bother me if my PS3 games look like PS2 games on my tv.

agreed, i just like the games on it, blu-ray was just a plus.
Jan 28, 2009 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
Quote train that I technically started must die.O_O
Jan 28, 2009 9:58 PM

Dec 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Quote train that I technically started must die.O_O

lol definitely, too long
Jan 28, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
I do. Playing Last Guy

"Black holes are where God divided by zero"-Steven Wright
Jan 29, 2009 2:17 AM
Jun 2006
x-blades is out for 360 same date.. hard to decide what platform. probably xbox unless ps3 version is better ( highly doubt that though(most my friends have 360s..))
I wouldnt get a nextgen console without a hdtv, but thats me.. and you cant play some games without hd. ( buzz for example )

Jan 29, 2009 10:00 AM

Dec 2008
izikiel said:
x-blades is out for 360 same date.. hard to decide what platform. probably xbox unless ps3 version is better ( highly doubt that though(most my friends have 360s..))
I wouldnt get a nextgen console without a hdtv, but thats me.. and you cant play some games without hd. ( buzz for example )

do u know what x-blades is about?
Jan 29, 2009 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
nerohigh said:
I do. Playing Last Guy

What is last guy about? is it fun?
Jan 29, 2009 4:52 PM

Jan 2009
sunboi205 said:
nerohigh said:
I do. Playing Last Guy

Its ok. It's basically a game were you save survivors from zombies from a top-down perspective. The visuals of city's like Berlin and D.C are amazing. I don't like to complain, but its one of those games that needs trophies.

Jan 29, 2009 8:19 PM

Dec 2008
nerohigh said:
sunboi205 said:
nerohigh said:
I do. Playing Last Guy

Its ok. It's basically a game were you save survivors from zombies from a top-down perspective. The visuals of city's like Berlin and D.C are amazing. I don't like to complain, but its one of those games that needs trophies.

awesome, sounds awesome!
Jan 29, 2009 8:21 PM

Dec 2008
KILLZONE 2 got 9.4 out of 10!!!!! check out the site!!! http://ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html
my sn is the same as my sn for psn, add me if u want
cant wait 2 kick ass on multiplayer
Jan 29, 2009 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
For anyone who cares, the new(well yesterday) FFXIII trailer can be downloaded from psn now.
Jan 30, 2009 2:19 AM

Aug 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
For anyone who cares, the new(well yesterday) FFXIII trailer can be downloaded from psn now.

Got it and watched on mah 1080p TV. It's amazing.

Oh yeah, I have a PS3 btw.

Jan 30, 2009 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
Hato-kun said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Got it and watched on mah 1080p TV. It's amazing.

Oh yeah, I have a PS3 btw.

hell yeah, that game looks crisp :p
unfortunately its suppose 2 come out april 2010 :(
Jan 30, 2009 10:53 AM

Jun 2008
Thankfully, FF13 isn't one I am looking forward to.

When does Resident Evil 5 demo hit PS :3? Microsoft must have done some dirty favors just to get it on their's first. Didn't they say a week delay?

Jan 30, 2009 10:53 AM

Oct 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

Translated, dubbed, or neither? Anyone know?

Jan 30, 2009 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
Somnia said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Subbed. There isn't much Dialogue anyway.

And Rikuna, the Resi Evil 5 demo is never hitting PSN stores.

Jan 30, 2009 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
Ah, then I shall boycott Resident Evil 5.

Why capcom =/?

Jan 30, 2009 1:29 PM

Jan 2008
Somnia said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Subbed. I thought it was going to lack the quality it did on the site, but it looked really good.

Rikuna: They said either the 2nd or 5th.
Jan 30, 2009 1:35 PM

Sep 2007
Oh, Final Fantasy. I feel abandoned by that series.

Then again, I don't know if you could really call me a fan of the series when I only like a few of the games.
Jan 30, 2009 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
eh, giving white console owners (unless they have elite) a week head start is ridiculous. That is bad practice! Rikuna does not recognize the existence of capcom anymore.

Jan 30, 2009 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
That's probably more because Sony won't pay for anything. lol Probably why M$ got FFXIII.
Jan 30, 2009 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
Why did you guys start typing it as M$? At first I thought maybe because you all know MS represents a disease I have, so you were looking out for my feelings <3, but I do not think that deep down.

I can believe that anyways - Microsoft wanted to push out the 360 out the doors with full knowledge of RROD because they knew they could afford to replace them. Bad business practice. When they were the only system in the new gen - anti trust laws should have become enabled on them. Monopolizing 7th gen market for a full year!

Jan 30, 2009 1:41 PM

Jun 2007
Rikuna said:
eh, giving white console owners (unless they have elite) a week head start is ridiculous. That is bad practice! Rikuna does not recognize the existence of capcom anymore.

Shall I add it onto the list then?

So that makes it:

Capcom
Homosexuals
Poverty
RROD
MY FIGHT MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
Jan 30, 2009 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:
That's probably more because Sony won't pay for anything. lol Probably why M$ got FFXIII.

yep. its all about the dollar bill.

Whose a bigger company Sony or MS?

Jan 30, 2009 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
xeixei said:
Rikuna said:

Shall I add it onto the list then?

So that makes it:

Capcom
Homosexuals
Poverty
RROD

You PM'd me about seeing if I was a troll before - and if I was you said you'd leave me alone, huh? Well - that and this make you a true troll. Grow up. Sorry that I am on a higher level than you~

Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

11 by Citrone39 »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

33 by juanlqr »»
4 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

7 by _untitled »»
5 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

24 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
8 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

136 by L0bsterman »»
Yesterday, 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.