Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
I was pretty surprised to hear that there'd be a link between the 3DS and Wii U. I wonder what that's all about.
Jul 1, 2013 2:05 PM

Feb 2013
Well i hope they change a few abilities :D
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 1, 2013 5:33 PM

Feb 2013
Novarak said:
I'm really hoping for good compatability between 3DS and Wiiu. The way MH3U went about it was great, but I'm sure they can do better.
Also, the ability to play on 3DS via internet to other Wiiu's/3DS' would be great, as knowing all my friends will be getting Wiiu, whereas I'm stuck with 3ds (being poor ftw.)
Other than that..

pls.
From what I understand they are two completely different games, they even have different release dates, if that's the case, I doubt there will be much, if any cross compatibility.
Jul 1, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2012
deadjames said:
From what I understand they are two completely different games, they even have different release dates, if that's the case, I doubt there will be much, if any cross compatibility.

Welp. That's gonna suck, but I'm sure they'll do atleast something with them.
Jul 1, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
What I heard there's going to be some form of character customization in the 3DS you can transfer them over to wii u
They also said you can't fight people of the other console because they're 2 entirely different games.
3DS's levels are based on portable series, wii u based on home console series
They mentioned they're catering to casual players over pro players too, because casual players are the majority
GhostonyJul 1, 2013 6:48 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jul 1, 2013 8:51 PM

Sep 2008
I'm hoping they keep it as close to Brawl's mechanics as possible. Sakurai stated before that "When you look at fighting game forums, you’ll see a preference for Melee, and yet, I think there are lots of people in the silent majority who don’t post online who prefer Brawl." From my experience, I've found that to be true. Everyone I've played with (aside from one) preferred Brawl over Melee.
I'd be happy if it was just Brawl with more characters, stages, and better balancing, although new features are always nice too.
Jul 1, 2013 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
A fluent story with, at the most part, subtitles. I cannot tell you how lost I was in Brawl because the story was very confusing with no explanations whatsoever. Also with the story/main mission mode it would be awesome if it wasn't as repetitive as the Subspace Emissary was. It felt like a Metroid/Mario game, which is fine, but it would be cool for each level to have the character's video game genre as the level (Racing for Falcon, Flying for Star Fox, etc.)

New characters is a given, but it would be great if they dumped repetitive and useless characters. Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc. of course will need to be in the game. But why not dump Jigglypuff or Mewtwo/Lucario? Clones are already still an issue, what's worse is when there are so many pokemon themes. As for new characters, Megaman or Simon Belmont come to peoples' minds.

Stages I would just want more interactive ones. Star Fox, F-Zero, Pokemon, etc. maps come to mind. I don't want bland, cheap stages like "Battlefield" or "Final Destination". Why not a level where seasons change within it, and each change can either bring good or bad? Or why not a huge stage such as the Temple?

That's all I can hope for in the next SSB.
Pikachu wants some
Jul 2, 2013 1:12 AM

Feb 2013
HKA-4M-T7 said:
A fluent story with, at the most part, subtitles. I cannot tell you how lost I was in Brawl because the story was very confusing with no explanations whatsoever. Also with the story/main mission mode it would be awesome if it wasn't as repetitive as the Subspace Emissary was. It felt like a Metroid/Mario game, which is fine, but it would be cool for each level to have the character's video game genre as the level (Racing for Falcon, Flying for Star Fox, etc.)

New characters is a given, but it would be great if they dumped repetitive and useless characters. Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc. of course will need to be in the game. But why not dump Jigglypuff or Mewtwo/Lucario? Clones are already still an issue, what's worse is when there are so many pokemon themes. As for new characters, Megaman or Simon Belmont come to peoples' minds.

Stages I would just want more interactive ones. Star Fox, F-Zero, Pokemon, etc. maps come to mind. I don't want bland, cheap stages like "Battlefield" or "Final Destination". Why not a level where seasons change within it, and each change can either bring good or bad? Or why not a huge stage such as the Temple?

How are Battlefield and FD cheap? Those are literally the most fair stages in the game, and huge stages are a nightmare they just needlessly elongate matches, Temple was bad enough, but then they had to add New Pork City to Brawl, that stage was just obscene, and as for stages changing having random elements in a fighter is pretty much the worst thing you can possibly do from a design perspective, especially since Sakurai keeps trying to emphasize that he wants the game to be as balanced as possible, so it would be counter productive for him to put in a bunch of non-neutral stages.
Jul 2, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2009
Man, I just hope they'll nerve DDD. Metaknight was just fine, yea, scrubs will have difficulties beating them. But I don't.

Also people are complaining about IKE, like, seriously? Dude is slow as fuck, like really how could you get hit by him?

Gamefaqs love the place, but I seriously I don't get the SSB Wiiu board.
Jul 2, 2013 6:52 AM
Mar 2011
as iv said after that stupid sony game nintendo need to put in more of there Own Japan only Characters or hell mega ten Characters since atlus will sonn be a 2nd party
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 2, 2013 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
I would like to see less copy and paste characters, and maybe bumping up the player count to 5 or 6 on screen at once.
Jul 2, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
deadjames said:
HKA-4M-T7 said:

How are Battlefield and FD cheap? Those are literally the most fair stages in the game, and huge stages are a nightmare they just needlessly elongate matches, Temple was bad enough, but then they had to add New Pork City to Brawl, that stage was just obscene, and as for stages changing having random elements in a fighter is pretty much the worst thing you can possibly do from a design perspective, especially since Sakurai keeps trying to emphasize that he wants the game to be as balanced as possible, so it would be counter productive for him to put in a bunch of non-neutral stages.

BF and FD are just bland stages with 3 slabs of space. It's claustrophobic and bland because there's nothing much to offer with them. As far as huge stages, they're fun to play in and gives more space for stategy. They only prolong the match if one character is in a space that's hard to get a KO in, such as the lower section of Temple. Would it truly hurt anyone to put in a few more stages that have interaction? We have already established SSB is not the typical fighter (thankfully in my opinion) so what would be wrong from going in the "opposite" direction like it has?
Pikachu wants some
Jul 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
DateYutaka said:
as iv said after that stupid sony game nintendo need to put in more of there Own Japan only Characters or hell mega ten Characters since atlus will sonn be a 2nd party

Why? What's great about putting in characters with series that aren't available to us?
Pikachu wants some
Jul 3, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2008
Retro8bit said:
I would like to see less copy and paste characters, and maybe bumping up the player count to 5 or 6 on screen at once.

with the 5 or 6 player thing, i think they could have some larger maps that allow for that. some maps are just too small.
Jul 3, 2013 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope they will keep Marth and Ike and even though Marth is almost the same character as Roy, I hope they'll bring him back even though that is very unlikely to happen.

I'm pretty sure that they'll change Lucario with another pokemon, just like they did with Mewto.
Also I hope that some similar characters like Link/Toon Link, Falco/Fox and Ness/Lukas will be removed and replaced by some more different characters.

In general I hope to find more different characters than in Brawl and maybe some more online gaming modes.

Also I'd like some more huge maps like Hyrule Temple and a better stage editor (and maybe even something similar to a character editor, so I can make my ideal character myself).
Man I sure have a lot of wishes for the new super smash bros... but I'm pretty sure that it will be awesome once it's done.
Jul 3, 2013 2:53 AM

May 2009
DateYutaka said:

Yes please, Atlus needs to be bought by Nintendo. Nintendo likes to localize their JRPG's.
But Atlus characters.... in Smash Bros? Please no.
Jul 3, 2013 3:42 AM
Mar 2011
Shoryuuken said:
DateYutaka said:

Yes please, Atlus needs to be bought by Nintendo. Nintendo likes to localize their JRPG's.
But Atlus characters.... in Smash Bros? Please no.

Kirara form Puirikura Daosakusen fits well very well and jack forst

HKA-4M-T7 said:
DateYutaka said:

Why? What's great about putting in characters with series that aren't available to us?

1 im Japanese
2 look at marth The first 6 FE games were nver relese stateside
AND LOOK WHAT HAPPNED there Lucas for mother 3 fame a game also never rewalw in the us
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 3, 2013 3:45 AM
Mar 2011
Side note yasu form portopia
and
Ninten from mother 1

AND
Disk-kun NOT only as a tropy but as a playable Character

side note 2
Adol [ he worked well on Ys vs sora no keseki so ninti should make him work well here
DateYutakaJul 3, 2013 3:51 AM

Jul 3, 2013 10:42 AM

May 2009
Jack Frost? Are you serious?

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey compendium

"A mist spirit that appears during the winter and melts away in spring. His body is made of ice and snow, but do not be fooled by his cute appearance. Jack Frost spits ice and freezes people, a smile on his face all the while. Originally, he looked like an abominable snowman, but perhaps he changed form to more efficiently freeze people."

Soul hackers

"A frost spirit that appears during the winter and melts away in spring. He is made of ice and snow, but do not be fooled by his cute demeanor. Jack Frost freezes people with his cold breath, smiling all the while. He originally looked like an abominable snowman, but he may have changed form, the better to freeze people."

Persona 3 compendium

"A winter fairy of European descent. Normally an innocent creature, but if provoked, he will kill his victim by covering him in snow."

No thank you, don't want a psychotic killer in my smash brothers.
Jul 3, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2013
=
DateYutaka said:
=
1 im Japanese
AND LOOK WHAT HAPPNED there Lucas for mother 3 fame a game also never rewalw in the us

1 - Us = Everyone outside of Japan, just to reiterate. :p
2 - Good point, but to be fair Mother has a dedicated fanbase of nutjobs who won't shut up until Mother 1 and 3 are released outside of Japan. Since Mother 3 has been released as a Rom with language patches, what would be the point for Nintendo to release it? Aaaanyway what Japan-exclusive series would you recommend?
Pikachu wants some
Jul 3, 2013 11:30 AM

Jul 2013
Shoryuuken said:
J

Ganondorf? Mewtwo? Snake?
Pikachu wants some
Jul 3, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2009
HKA-4M-T7 said:
Shoryuuken said:
J

Snake isn't a psychotic killer, at all. Mewtwo is just a "I need to best Mew in a fight, dominate the world along the way, because I hate humans" villian. Ganondorf just your average villian who is using the Batman Gambit. Still love him.

Jack Frost is a Psychotic killer in a PG 18 game, does it make sense for such a character to be in a PG 7 game?
Jul 3, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Shoryuuken said:
HKA-4M-T7 said:
Shoryuuken said:
J

Snake isn't a psychotic killer, at all. Mewtwo is just a "I need to best Mew in a fight, dominate the world along the way, because I hate humans" villian. Ganondorf just your average villian who is using the Batman Gambit. Still love him.

Jack Frost is a Psychotic killer in a PG 18 game, does it make sense for such a character to be in a PG 7 game?

-All 3 of my list have murdered people (especially Mewtwo, who blew up a labotory full of scientists and nearly killed several pokemon)
-Snake was in an M rated game (or PG 18 for where you live) did that make sense?
Pikachu wants some
Jul 3, 2013 12:17 PM

May 2009
HKA-4M-T7 said:
Shoryuuken said:
HKA-4M-T7 said:
Shoryuuken said:
J

-All 3 of my list have murdered people (especially Mewtwo, who blew up a labotory full of scientists and nearly killed several pokemon)
-Snake was in an M rated game (or PG 18 for where you live) did that make sense?

It is the concept of Jack Frost his motives when he is killing someone, he wouldn't fit in smash bros. His moveset would be way to dark, compared to the other fighters. Mewtwo his motives are two dimensional. Jack Frost was a real killer, made into a cute little snow figure who still does the same twisted killings
Jul 3, 2013 12:45 PM
Mar 2011
Shoryuuken said:

"A mist spirit that appears during the winter and melts away in spring. His body is made of ice and snow, but do not be fooled by his cute appearance. Jack Frost spits ice and freezes people, a smile on his face all the while. Originally, he looked like an abominable snowman, but perhaps he changed form to more efficiently freeze people."

Soul hackers

"A frost spirit that appears during the winter and melts away in spring. He is made of ice and snow, but do not be fooled by his cute demeanor. Jack Frost freezes people with his cold breath, smiling all the while. He originally looked like an abominable snowman, but he may have changed form, the better to freeze people."

Persona 3 compendium

"A winter fairy of European descent. Normally an innocent creature, but if provoked, he will kill his victim by covering him in snow."

Jack frost is to atlus what Mario is to nintendo if any atlus Charctet was to be in it Jack would be the one

and AT least the main Franchise for atlus began on Nintendo while Metall gear did not

id like Izunami is the games too

but for the most part i want to see more Japanese exclusive People

Jul 3, 2013 12:47 PM
Mar 2011
HKA-4M-T7 said:
=
DateYutaka said:
=
1 im Japanese

1 - Us = Everyone outside of Japan, just to reiterate. :p
2 - Good point, but to be fair Mother has a dedicated fanbase of nutjobs who won't shut up until Mother 1 and 3 are released outside of Japan. Since Mother 3 has been released as a Rom with language patches, what would be the point for Nintendo to release it? Aaaanyway what Japan-exclusive series would you recommend?

Tentei Club i want to see Tachibana in Smash
or yasu from Portopia

Jul 4, 2013 12:42 PM

Feb 2013
DateYutaka said:
Shoryuuken said:

Soul hackers

Persona 3 compendium

Jack frost is to atlus what Mario is to nintendo if any atlus Charctet was to be in it Jack would be the one

and AT least the main Franchise for atlus began on Nintendo while Metall gear did not

The reason Snake was in Brawl had nothing to do with Metal Gear's roots, he was put in there because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends and Kojima thought it would be a good idea to add Snake to the roster. Also, please stop posting if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, if you read my original post, you'll notice I said be realistic, which you have failed to do.
Jul 4, 2013 1:51 PM
Mar 2011
deadjames said:
DateYutaka said:
Shoryuuken said:

Soul hackers

Persona 3 compendium

The reason Snake was in Brawl had nothing to do with Metal Gear's roots, he was put in there because Sakurai and Kojima are close friends and Kojima thought it would be a good idea to add Snake to the roster. Also, please stop posting if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, if you read my original post, you'll notice I said be realistic, which you have failed to do.

iv liates only Characters that Nintendo have some rights too

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

138 by Kajiuran »»
45 minutes ago

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

18 by tectacles »»
47 minutes ago

» What's your favorite video game that you've never actually beaten?

TheBlockernator - Apr 15, 2022

49 by His0kaDevv »»
1 hour ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
8 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.