Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Do you think you'll switch any time in the future?


Jul 1, 2013 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19412
IntroverTurtle said:
MyLonesomeCowboy said:
everyone is so cheery and hopeful.

I'm kind of weirded out.
It's a new site with only like 6,000 users that's only in beta. Wait until they let the others in.

Yeah, wait till the site is faster and you'll see me fuck some people up.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Jul 1, 2013 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2276
I don't see how I can. I joined this site because I couldn't remember the anime I had watched, and I for sure am not going to remember what I've watched since I've joined MAL.
 
Jul 2, 2013 4:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 294
It's terrible wanna delete my account on there already

awful site

MAL 4 LYFE YO.
The true alpha.
 
Jul 2, 2013 5:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3348
I'll stick with what I know, MAL :D
 
Jul 2, 2013 5:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 216
I may have a chance to establish myself as an alpha male on this site... but I'm too omega to try.
 
Jul 2, 2013 5:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 7727
I don't know I think the community makes the website

You guys are just so nice, that's why I'm staying.
 
Jul 2, 2013 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1755
 
Jul 2, 2013 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
yakoo said:
^lel

and on Humming birds the forum didnt had any rules besides dont post nsfw so... :D
Well now there's rules. They're deleting the joke threads and whatnot.
 
Jul 2, 2013 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1755
IntroverTurtle said:
yakoo said:
^lel

and on Humming birds the forum didnt had any rules besides dont post nsfw so... :D
Well now there's rules. They're deleting the joke threads and whatnot.


hi there:D
wow good to hear then! rarely come to HB ,because my browser got lag everytime i visit it
so the HB chat thread still there? nvm
 
Jul 2, 2013 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
yakoo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yakoo said:
^lel

and on Humming birds the forum didnt had any rules besides dont post nsfw so... :D
Well now there's rules. They're deleting the joke threads and whatnot.


hi there:D
wow good to hear then! rarely come to HB ,because my browser got lag everytime i visit it
so the HB chat thread still there? nvm
Yeah it is slow and it shuts off every once in a while.
Yes it is and over 1,500 posts too.
 
Jul 2, 2013 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1755
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah it is slow and it shuts off every once in a while.
Yes it is and over 1,500 posts too.


lol MAL got time to rest then
 
Jul 2, 2013 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 331
I think Hummingbird is going to be a really quality site, I'm tired of getting sold shoddy lawn care equipment from cheap sites, and by the looks of it Hummingbird has got it's act together and is ready to deliver premium quality goods.

Their selection of John Deer looks especially good.


IM BACK
 
Jul 2, 2013 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17485
Coolspot said:
I don't know I think the community makes the website

You guys are just so nice, that's why I'm staying.
Please stay and continue to make me reminisce about Advance Wars with your every post.
Modified by Josh, Jul 2, 2013 7:51 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh - Makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
 
Jul 2, 2013 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 826
Coolspot said:
I don't know I think the community makes the website

You guys are just so nice, that's why I'm staying.


Right, well, I don't think there will be much of a difference since I see some of our well known members there as well.
 
Jul 3, 2013 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 286
IntroverTurtle said:
yakoo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yakoo said:
^lel

and on Humming birds the forum didnt had any rules besides dont post nsfw so... :D
Well now there's rules. They're deleting the joke threads and whatnot.


hi there:D
wow good to hear then! rarely come to HB ,because my browser got lag everytime i visit it
so the HB chat thread still there? nvm
Yeah it is slow and it shuts off every once in a while.
Yes it is and over 1,500 posts too.

We're turning into the Changs on that site... like shit.
 
Jul 3, 2013 1:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Whole lot of clapping going on.
 
Jul 3, 2013 1:05 AM
 
Jul 3, 2013 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 286
Neane1993 said:
Whole lot of clapping going on.


And Kumming... sorry, had to do it.
 
Jul 3, 2013 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 758
Artstyle said:
Neane1993 said:
Whole lot of clapping going on.


And Kumming... sorry, had to do it.

There was certainly a lot of that just now.
 
Jul 3, 2013 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
It looks cool enough but the fact that I had to invite is retarded. Why can't I just sign up? And this

You are currently in the waiting list.
There are 4016 people ahead of you and 0 people after you.

I don't have any problems with MAL so as far as I'm concerned, fuck Hummingbird.

 
Jul 3, 2013 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 758
lucjan said:
It looks cool enough but the fact that I had to invite is retarded. Why can't I just sign up? And this

You are currently in the waiting list.
There are 4016 people ahead of you and 0 people after you.

I don't have any problems with MAL so as far as I'm concerned, fuck Hummingbird.

Use the ANICHARTNET promo code.
 
Jul 3, 2013 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 241
Higurashi said:

Use the ANICHARTNET promo code.


Where do you enter the code?

edit; nevermind, got it.
Modified by Vesanus, Jul 3, 2013 12:55 PM
 
Jul 3, 2013 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
Higurashi said:
lucjan said:
It looks cool enough but the fact that I had to invite is retarded. Why can't I just sign up? And this

You are currently in the waiting list.
There are 4016 people ahead of you and 0 people after you.

I don't have any problems with MAL so as far as I'm concerned, fuck Hummingbird.

Use the ANICHARTNET promo code.

Fanx. I'll check out this Hummingbird business but I'll probably stay with MAL.

Update: Hummingbird's rating system is stupid and weird. I'll use Hummingbird as a backup incase I get banned here ("incase"? It's inevitable) but dat rating system. I understand the point but I like the 1-10 point system MAL has.

Update 2: I noticed a lot of things lacking from Hummingbird that MAL has. Such as related anime, sequel/prequels, recommendations, a proper rating system, the ability to add an anime to your list without rating it, a top 5, manga, and so forth. This is in its beta stage so who knows what's up for the future, but at this point Humming bird is vastly inferior to MAL.
Modified by lucjan, Jul 3, 2013 1:31 PM

 
Jul 3, 2013 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
lucjan said:
Higurashi said:
lucjan said:
It looks cool enough but the fact that I had to invite is retarded. Why can't I just sign up? And this

You are currently in the waiting list.
There are 4016 people ahead of you and 0 people after you.

I don't have any problems with MAL so as far as I'm concerned, fuck Hummingbird.

Use the ANICHARTNET promo code.

Fanx. I'll check out this Hummingbird business but I'll probably stay with MAL.

Update: Hummingbird's rating system is stupid and weird. I'll use Hummingbird as a backup incase I get banned here ("incase"? It's inevitable) but dat rating system. I understand the point but I like the 1-10 point system MAL has.
They're going to have a 10 point rating system.
 
Jul 3, 2013 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
IntroverTurtle said:
They're going to have a 10 point rating system.

I updated my final thoughts in my previous response. Like I said this is in its beta stage so I'm leaving my final thoughts up in the air but for what it is right now it sucks. Let's hope it gets better.

Edit: I also want to know what the point of hummingbird is. What does it have over MAL? What was the creator's goal in creating the site? The interface of hummingbird isn't as intuitive as MAL's, it lacks a plethora of critical pieces MAL possesses, and if hummingbird corrected this, why would it then be better than MAL? What I want to know is: What is the point of hummingbird?
Modified by lucjan, Jul 3, 2013 1:44 PM

 
Jul 3, 2013 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 758
lucjan said:
IntroverTurtle said:
They're going to have a 10 point rating system.

I updated my final thoughts in my previous response. Like I said this is in its beta stage so I'm leaving my final thoughts up in the air but for what it is right now it sucks. Let's hope it gets better.

Edit: I also want to know what the point of hummingbird is. What does it have over MAL? What was the creator's goal in creating the site? The interface of hummingbird isn't as intuitive as MAL's, it lacks a plethora of critical pieces MAL possesses, and if hummingbird corrected this, why would it then be better than MAL? What I want to know is: What is the point of hummingbird?

The biggest plus for me is going to be a VN list. I doubt I'll ever drop MAL, but whenever they implement visual novels that'll give me a reason to use HB.
 
Jul 3, 2013 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 785
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

 
Jul 3, 2013 2:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3281
That is one slick website, I might consider to even switch.
 
Jul 3, 2013 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.
I think he had some explanation about how they were connected. something about a hovering list, I totally forget.

I don't think it's that often but MAL is currently the largest even though there are like 4 or 5 other sites like it out there.

There's also that MAL is so easy to get to, more people will be joining naturally. If you look up an anime name, MAL will be one of the top sites, sometimes the top.
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1690
Every time i try to get away from this shit website i get lazy halfway through making the list on the other website and give up. I guess i'm stuck here.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2959
biitchstick said:
Every time i try to get away from this shit website i get lazy halfway through making the list on the other website and give up. I guess i'm stuck here.


Have you ever heard of this revolutionary concept called "import"?
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.


mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Goryo said:
biitchstick said:
Every time i try to get away from this shit website i get lazy halfway through making the list on the other website and give up. I guess i'm stuck here.


Have you ever heard of this revolutionary concept called "import"?
I think every anime listing site besides ANN lets you import quite easily.
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1690
Goryo said:
biitchstick said:
Every time i try to get away from this shit website i get lazy halfway through making the list on the other website and give up. I guess i'm stuck here.


Have you ever heard of this revolutionary concept called "import"?

Does Hummingbird have like specials and stuff like that because Animeplanet didn't have like a quarter of the things on my list. Shit website.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4921
Fine with it so far in my last few days, but most of the topics and chats are just topics that are found on here. I don't mind though, since it's a new site, new people along with some fellow MAL users. Although I find it kind of silly that people are claiming the community is any different from it here.(or even shit) Especially when a lot of those users are from MAL.

It's similar all the same only it's a new site, so it will just take a bit of time for it to be built all the same. I'm already seeing the Hummingbird 'celebs' or active users being the very same users here.

I'm okay with it though, they have that whole VN thing and stuff, so that's really cool. I just wish the forums would try and forget MAL and just do its own thing.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
biitchstick said:
Goryo said:
biitchstick said:
Every time i try to get away from this shit website i get lazy halfway through making the list on the other website and give up. I guess i'm stuck here.


Have you ever heard of this revolutionary concept called "import"?

Does Hummingbird have like specials and stuff like that because Animeplanet didn't have like a quarter of the things on my list. Shit website.
Yeah it does, and they are still adding things. I think they had everything that was on my list.

Hentai, that's what anime-planet doesn't have. I also think they combine some things.
 
Jul 3, 2013 3:59 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 437
Glorious Hentai :3
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
 
Jul 3, 2013 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
 
Jul 3, 2013 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?
 
Jul 3, 2013 7:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 48866
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?


im curious about this now too
 
Jul 3, 2013 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?


im curious about this now too


Well that's what I heard/remember. But yes, anime-planet predates MAL.

Funnily enough, I found this post over on animesuki, where Xinil promotes anime-planet. It almost humanizes him :3
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=534606#post534606
 
Jul 3, 2013 8:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 48866
Ambient_ said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?


im curious about this now too


Well that's what I heard/remember. But yes, anime-planet predates MAL.

Funnily enough, I found this post over on animesuki, where Xinil promotes anime-planet. It almost humanizes him :3
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=534606#post534606


good find there
 
Jul 3, 2013 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 286
Ambient_ said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?


im curious about this now too


Well that's what I heard/remember. But yes, anime-planet predates MAL.

Funnily enough, I found this post over on animesuki, where Xinil promotes anime-planet. It almost humanizes him :3
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=534606#post534606


Someone read this guy's stalker level now!
 
Jul 3, 2013 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Ambient_ said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?


im curious about this now too


Well that's what I heard/remember. But yes, anime-planet predates MAL.

Funnily enough, I found this post over on animesuki, where Xinil promotes anime-planet. It almost humanizes him :3
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=534606#post534606
Wow that's pretty funny, yes anime-planet was from 2001. But I heard that it wasn't an anime listing site until later, that it was just for recommendations at the beginning or something like that.
 
Jul 3, 2013 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
j0x said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
bluedragon777 said:
What do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

Every month MAL gets another enemy.All of them failed.Because MAL was there first and MAL has the advantage in quantity.

The same thing is happening with social networks.Google+ and twitter are from a purely technical point of view at least twice as good as Facebook.So why is Facebook still number 1?Because everyone and almost everything is on Facebook.


MAL was not first. IIRC, Xinil was a mod over on anime-planet, but then left to create MAL.
He was?


im curious about this now too


Well that's what I heard/remember. But yes, anime-planet predates MAL.

Funnily enough, I found this post over on animesuki, where Xinil promotes anime-planet. It almost humanizes him :3
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=534606#post534606
Wow that's pretty funny, yes anime-planet was from 2001. But I heard that it wasn't an anime listing site until later, that it was just for recommendations at the beginning or something like that.


Hmm dunno. Could've been. Never used anime-planet, lol.

I also found this though. Seems that there was some drama during the inception of MAL aha.

 
Jul 3, 2013 8:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 48866
Ambient_ said:

I also found this though. Seems that there was some drama during the inception of MAL aha.



Xinil was good back in the old days, now his kinda slacking, lets see if hummingbird can give some needed competition so that Xinil will wake up and update MAL again
Modified by deg, Jul 3, 2013 8:35 PM
 
Jul 3, 2013 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Ambient_ said:
Hmm dunno. Could've been. Never used anime-planet, lol.

I also found this though. Seems that there was some drama during the inception of MAL aha.

It's not great, they don't even have hentai.

That sounds pretty funny, I want someone to bring it up with that Sothis or whoever.

j0x said:
Xinil was good back in the old days, now his kinda slacking, lets see if hummingbird can give some needed competition so that Xinil will wake up and update MAL again
That would be nice but probably won't happen. MAL has a big advantage, looks like Hummingbird has to rely on other ways to get members. All someone has to do is look up an anime's name on google and find this site easily. I believe someone said Hummingbird is on the third page of google search results, that's in oblivion for most people.
 
Jul 4, 2013 1:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19412
Wow, hahahaha, this history class really is awesome.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Jul 4, 2013 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2039
Will definitely stick with MAL.

 
Jul 4, 2013 3:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 6121
IntroverTurtle said:
Ambient_ said:
Hmm dunno. Could've been. Never used anime-planet, lol.

I also found this though. Seems that there was some drama during the inception of MAL aha.

It's not great, they don't even have hentai.


I dunno, I'm not really keen on the idea of having hentai either. I was planning to not include it at all on my upcoming website, but I may just do a NSFW option I guess.

I personally just don't understand/like the idea of it at all. I mean, you wouldn't go to a site like IMDb and add porn videos to your collection are you? Of course not.

Or maybe you would, I dunno. Just don't like the idea of it personally. :x
 
Jul 4, 2013 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 19412
Bro, hentai is also anime...

You're not keen to it, but this is MYANIMELIST, and HummingBird wants to be better than MyAnimeList, right?

Then it has to have Hentai.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
Top
Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »