Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 24, 2013 7:46 AM
May 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Urobutcher ftw.

That's his official name for now (So many fucked-up moments everywhere)..

I can't believe that I was WRONG during the start. I should've expect the unexpected because every people on MAL said so!
Jun 24, 2013 8:04 AM
Dec 2009
diabloamezon said:
Maybe Heaven's Ladder was some kind of space portal?

Considering the situation for Gargantia is "Do we fight or flee?" I'd say it's probably a machine caliber or such. Something the mech's are based on, but not quite as advanced as Chamber and Striker. There'd probably be no AI, but still a machine from the pinicle of technology before the ice-age.

That's my guess.
Jun 24, 2013 8:20 AM
Jan 2012
This was a good episode with the mech battle wich was not that impressive but still good. I really hope theres gonna be a another season, Doesnt seem right with just 1 more episode and than its over. Just feels like theres more we need to know.
Jun 24, 2013 8:56 AM

Jul 2007
AMGitsKriss said:
diabloamezon said:
Maybe Heaven's Ladder was some kind of space portal?

Considering the situation for Gargantia is "Do we fight or flee?" I'd say it's probably a machine caliber or such. Something the mech's are based on, but not quite as advanced as Chamber and Striker. There'd probably be no AI, but still a machine from the pinicle of technology before the ice-age.

That's my guess.

More like portal into an orbital space station full of lasers.
Jun 24, 2013 9:01 AM

Jan 2010
^^^
But the fleet is nonresistant to vacuum space.....

Jun 24, 2013 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
neontaster said:
I really love the title cards before going to commercials that show each character's gear and/or workplace. Nice attention to detail:

(spoilered for image size)

I imagined all the cards put together like this the other day,cause i really like them too.Good job!
Jun 24, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
AoiMizu said:
^^^

Hence why it will lead inside the station.

I literally imagine it will be a gate of sorts with key used to activate it and as you step into it yoou end up inside the said space station - hence stairway to haven.
Jun 24, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2010
Fai said:
AoiMizu said:
^^^

Hence why it will lead inside the station.

I literally imagine it will be a gate of sorts with key used to activate it and as you step into it yoou end up inside the said space station - hence stairway to haven.

like a portal to space station where the forgot history technology been keep??

Jun 24, 2013 9:40 AM

Nov 2010
Wow I was having some Borg, Old Civilization or Anthill vibes while I was watching
Didn't expect the Colonel attacking Ledo so fast

That Red Lobster swirling the others like it's Dynasty Warriors was hilarious

The end explained why it was such a huge surprise
Can't wait the see the final next week
Jun 24, 2013 9:42 AM

May 2009
Did you see that?
Jun 24, 2013 10:35 AM
Oct 2012
twonline said:
Gotta agree with rouge AI act.... It's like they pulled a deus ex machina....

Actually wait until Gargantia transform into a giant macross type generation star ship next episode, and THEN you can talk about a "deus ex machina".
Jun 24, 2013 10:42 AM

Apr 2008
bastek66 said:
Did you see that?

WTF? Gurren Lagann?
Jun 24, 2013 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
bastek66 said:
Did you see that?

what kind of sorcery is this?!!
Fan made???
The style is Gurren Lagann...seem like to be..

Jun 24, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 2013
secret key... giant fleet... show title...
maybe the fleet will transform into big mecha like macross? and ami will be the subtitute utahime, except here she dance not sing
ha! how's that!

lol I'm not serious
Jun 24, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 2013
love this episode, i did expect the commander to be dead but its sitll awesome :D...too bad its such a short serie :/
Jun 24, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, so much praise for this show. I am a bit afraid of my opinion right now.

I really wanted to like Gargantia, but I can't. The pacing seems to be messed up, Ledo spent too much time slife of lifing on Gargantia with not much purpose, except waiting for something to happen. When they actually moved forward with the attack on the hideauze, that conflict was quickly abondend and overwritten by the arrival of the cult. The show just can't stay focused and now we have some plot squeezed in the last episodes. It really just feels wrong.
Jun 24, 2013 12:36 PM
Feb 2013
nice mecha action. kinda like gundam

hpulley said:
Ledo should have jumped into the Striker's cockpit and deactivated it rather than the fall and Chamber catch...

well there's no episode 13 if you go that way.. and i want to see more mecha in action, so it's an ok :P
Jun 24, 2013 12:44 PM

Sep 2012
Frontalbrise said:
The pacing seems to be messed up, Ledo spent too much time slife of lifing on Gargantia with not much purpose, except waiting for something to happen.
But if the main theme is why Ledo desires to share life with people in Gargantia, then you cannot say those slice-of-life moments Ledo spent on Gargantia is without purpose. Only because of those memory did Ledo gain the perspective he needs to compare against his fight against the Hideauze and later the cult. Otherwise I think he'd just probably destroy all the hideauze he could find without any struggle or hesitation. That said I am not saying there is no issue with the pacing or the focus though - the switch from hideauze to the cult indeed seems to be an attempt to raise more questions and touches on more issues at the expense of staying in focus. It is just that I don't agree that the slice-of-life part is without purpose - the "waiting" is actually his journey of personal growth and discovery, accumulated through bits and pieces of contacts and activities with different people on different occasions - though I can understand why some may want that part to be a bit shorter.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 24, 2013 12:46 PM

Jan 2010
He wanted to know why things were so rushed k:

Okay that's just one more episode, but I felt the pace of this flow without naturalness that was the beginning of the anime. The events of the episode were a little obvious, now we are left waiting for the outcome and the battle between Ledo x machine. And is there someone behind it all?

Great battle scenes and in good sync with the soundtrack.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 24, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2010
This episode is so badass!!
Jun 24, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2010
watched this in one run since i skipped over it during the season. not knowing how many episodes it was beforehand, up until like episode 11 it honestly felt like it was going to be a 2 + season anime. boy am i disappointed
Jun 24, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2009
Jun 24, 2013 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
amazing episode and i just knew he was dead
Jun 24, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
Next episode will make or break this series
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 24, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
That was a good fight, and I wonder how old the colonels' body was to just deteriorate so fast
[/url]
Jun 24, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2012
Love this episode. Also Pinion looked bad ass!
Jun 24, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
I really felt a lot of the developments in this series were wasted, but I just can't put a finger on it.

Would have been better if it had been 2 cour...

And the whole key being the deus ex machina device is kind of lame
Jun 24, 2013 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
Let the rebellion begin. Free will and the ability to hold contrary opinions is also part of what makes humans human. This is well depicted here. That was quite the fast-paced aerial battle, as expected of ultra high-tech combat between Machine Calibers. Pinion got to show off a bit here too.

Had a feeling something was up when the "commander" was unable to leave the unit due to an alleged illness, but man, I didn't come to expect the conclusion that he was already dead and carefully preserved until a few minutes before Ledo opened the cockpit.

The fact that an advanced mech issued to a high-ranking soldier is capable of acting on its own agenda raises certain questions: what if humans of the Galactic Alliance have actually long been manipulated by their own ultra advanced technology? That the "leaders" of the Galactic Alliance are in fact, AI gone rogue?

This makes the Galactic Alliance no different from the Hideauze they are fighting, then; both branches of humanity recklessly advancing so far down different paths they essentially lost what made them human: the Hideauze losing their human forms to monstrous hyper evolution, and the Galactic Alliance of "Humanity" losing their free will to ultra advanced, sentient machines.

One episode left. I have high expectations for the finale, hopefully it delivers. Especially if it's true that Gen actually only wrote the first and last episode of this series.
Jun 25, 2013 1:36 AM

Dec 2009
GodlyKyon said:

Already broken.
Jun 25, 2013 2:06 AM

May 2009
GodlyKyon said:

It's not DEM, stop repeating after idiots.
Jun 25, 2013 2:08 AM

Apr 2008
bastek66 said:
GodlyKyon said:

And how is it not? Was it ever mentioned? No it wasn't. Did it come out of the blue conveniently? Yes it did.
Jun 25, 2013 2:40 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
bastek66 said:
GodlyKyon said:

And how is it not? Was it ever mentioned? No it wasn't. Did it come out of the blue conveniently? Yes it did.

No, it was mentioned at the beginning of episode 8 as the key to control to fleet. Obviously, its design is a lot more sophisticated than anything seen on Gargantia, hinting that it was made from a superior technology. Thus, it's not a surprise that the key is their trump card in the worst situation.
Jun 25, 2013 3:10 AM

Jul 2007
ThangLong said:
Darklight0303 said:
bastek66 said:
GodlyKyon said:

No, it was mentioned at the beginning of episode 8 as the key to control to fleet. Obviously, its design is a lot more sophisticated than anything seen on Gargantia, hinting that it was made from a superior technology. Thus, it's not a surprise that the key is their trump card in the worst situation.

^this.

The VERY fact that it was mentioned, makes it chekov's gun, not deus ex machina.

Deus Ex Machina = unexpected plot contrivance, "divine intervention" out of nowhere
Chekov's Gun = a plot device that was foreshadowed before.
Jun 25, 2013 3:20 AM

Jan 2010
Remember this???

might be Gargantia Heaven's Leader....except the top part, because only this part of Gargantia is not rusting out and weird...>,>I think.
AoiMizuJun 25, 2013 3:47 AM

Jun 25, 2013 3:49 AM

Jul 2007
AoiMizu said:
Remember this???

might be Gargantia Heaven's Leader....except the top part, because only this part of Gargantia is not rusting out and weird...>,>I think.

^THis

I pretty much expect Gargantia to be a bunch of rusty ships glued to a superwarship of the old civilization, from either evolvers or union sitting in the very middle.

It would make Gargantia's choice not to interfere nor challenge those living around them even more poignant if they had a weapon capable of eliminating them, not to mention making them into direct opposite of Striker's Cult.
Jun 25, 2013 4:01 AM
May 2012
So tell me guys,

I didn't expecting that Kugel is already dead for a long time.

Man, I feel like i've been 'brainwashed' from what you guys said about this (Expect The Unexpected because it's Urobutcher & insane things will happen). I'm so speechless right now.

Only one more episode left & it's done.
JafriZinJun 25, 2013 4:05 AM
Jun 25, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2010
Epic episode. The revolt was awesome, but the mecha battle was little meh.
So the colonel was already dead after all. Seems like the alliance has been using him to get to Ledo. I wonder who's the big mastermind behind all this. Is it Striker, or is someone else commanding her too?

Looks like Gargantia also has something up its sleeve with that 'key'.

Jun 25, 2013 4:09 AM
Apr 2012
This episode really managed to freak me a lil' I mean the way they just dumped 'em people..I kinda could imagine that happenin in RL too when this earth cannot sustain all of humanity anymore coz of pollution etc etc youknowhat :-
Jun 25, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2011
Best episode so far, but why do the good parts come so late? Q_Q
Feels like the first ~9 episodes (before he found out the truth) were just introduction...
GodlyKyon said:

This. (Or second season which might just be the case.)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 25, 2013 4:16 AM

Jul 2008
symbv said:
hpulley said:
ShanaFlame said:
A lot of us had a hunch that Kugel was dead in the previous episode so kudos to everyone who felt this way :)
Kudos to us but ... bad on the show for being so predictable...
I am one who is disappointed by the predictability of the Kugel situation (and the shift of theme to rouge AI and the question of how easy the AI became sentient). I mean, Urobuchi even decided to repeat a Mami on Kugel !! LOL
It looks like they are going to wrap up the series without having another season though which could be a reason why this episode is starting to rush.
Jun 25, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
Just bad pacing, they wasted some time in the middle episodes after a good start and are now rushing to a predictable end. I don't know why this one has left me with a bad taste. The first few episodes had me SO pumped! I was so excited for this anime and the way to the ending is just leaving me rather underwhelmed.
Jun 25, 2013 4:59 AM

Jun 2013
the colonel dead i laugh at striker stupidity with logic as flawed as a broken dam must be the bugs and kudos to Ledo for having a backbone to make right decision
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 25, 2013 5:10 AM

Sep 2011
Darklight0303 said:
bastek66 said:
GodlyKyon said:

Thats not even the key to whether DEM is. What I meant was that it was a plot device, right now heavily hinted to be WHATEVER it is, it will reverse the current, hopeless situation(due to striker being a superior model)

I wasn't Repeating after anyone, in fact, I only saw 1 other person say that.
Jun 25, 2013 5:14 AM

Dec 2012
hpulley said:
Just bad pacing, they wasted some time in the middle episodes after a good start and are now rushing to a predictable end. I don't know why this one has left me with a bad taste. The first few episodes had me SO pumped! I was so excited for this anime and the way to the ending is just leaving me rather underwhelmed.

It should have 24 episodes with a spread out middle like this. Although I don't mind the slice of life aspect of it, I agree that the pacing is off. They should have either reduced the slice of life moments, or increase the series' length. Usually, 13 episode-run is better suited for an eventful or action-packed series.

One thing I just noticed is that this anime is very similar to Man Of Steel movie not only on the directing position (both Chris Nolan and Gen Urobuchi are cooperating with another director on the projects, but not hand-on directing them) but also on the overall arching plot. In each of these cases, we see agents from a vastly superior civilization trying to impose their way of life on Earth only to be faced with Earth's heroes from their own kin.

AoiMizu said:
Remember this???

It has always been there, in front of our eyes the whole time. :)

Jun 25, 2013 5:22 AM

Jul 2007
hpulley said:

YOu call it wasted time.

I call it character growth and consistency, because these episodes are NOT possible WITHOUT that growth and change.
Jun 25, 2013 5:51 AM

Jan 2010
ThangLong said:

AoiMizu said:
Remember this???

It has always been there, in front of our eyes the whole time. :)

Yes. I know, but if Gargantia is made of by pulling up sunk ship from the past, it would be rusty. Just somehow that part of Gargantia is perfectly metal and black and somehow give me feeling it might be Heaven's Ladder..I'm just guess what is Heaven Ladder would be and where it been keep in Gargantia. Then, I re-watch SnG looking for clue and my eyes caught this building. It might be not or it is...the tall tower as we know it is water sprinkler in ep5 but the bottom part??...
I'm just curious about something and been brother about Heaven's Ladder.

Jun 25, 2013 5:58 AM
Jul 2018

I knew it. Commander Kugel is dead already. Striker is surely unbelievable, eh?
Hurray for Pinion and Lukkage! XDD
One last episode next week and it's a goodbye already.
Jun 25, 2013 6:49 AM

May 2013
The customs of the cult are horrible. Screw them, time for a rebellion!

Finally, my awaited Machine Caliber fight is finally here!
Not really like the whole space fight in Episode 1, but this was good enough!

Yay, Pinion not only looks sexier, but he's much manlier since he's helping out Ledo.
Lukkage and her lobster gang are helping out, too.

People were right: Commander Kugel has been long dead. It was kind of obvious though, so it's not really a twist.
But I did like the headless part; it was a nice touch.

I want to see what happens next! Especially with the key of Gargantia!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 25, 2013 7:22 AM

Jan 2010
Well, next episode is last aired episode of Suisei no Gargantia on TV, but MAL just update this!!
xD....Suisei no Gargantia Special
Unaired episode 14, released with the first volume BD/DVD.

Jun 25, 2013 7:24 AM

Apr 2008
AoiMizu said:
Well, next episode is last aired episode of Suisei no Gargantia on TV, but MAL just update this!!
xD....Suisei no Gargantia Special
Unaired episode 14, released with the first volume BD/DVD.

It's an AU. As in no relation to the main series
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.