Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 20, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yamato vs Alcor huh? I was looking forward to this fight actually. Haven't played the game before so dunno if it took place or not. Anyways, fight was okay I guess. I knew Alcor be a tough guy to deal with.

Nice action I guess.
Gogogogo Hibiki. Time to settle it finally. I wonder who will come out on top.

Jun 20, 2013 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
R.I.P in piece Alcorn.

oh and sako dying was pretty sad i guess. oh and daichi and io died. but who gives a fuck about them

But, still it's the second to last episode. WHERE THE FUCK IS POLARIS

FastnessofWheelsJun 20, 2013 10:52 AM
Jun 20, 2013 11:46 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was really sad for me. Alcor died! He was one of my favorite characters! I wonder how it will end. I haven't played the game so I'm really excited. Personally I think Hibiki will win because he's the main character.
Jun 20, 2013 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
Hibiki vs Yamato, well I can tell you this didn't happened in the game, the fight with Polaris and his minions should've started if it was game faithful. Where is Polaris anyway and it don't seem Hibiki will fight him at the end in the anime.

Jun 20, 2013 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
Final boss incoming

Damn they really killed everyone off holy crap. If Hibiki wins though, he'll make the world as he sees fit with the cast alive I'm presuming

Added Casualties this week:
Makoto
Alcor
Daichi
Nitta
Jun 20, 2013 12:02 PM
Sep 2012
I loved Alcor. I hated how it didn't even seem like Yamato cared about him at all.
Alcor was kind and wanted to understand humans while Yamato a human himself wanted to deny his humanity, I just couldn't come to like or understand Yamato. I hope in the end they give him a shred of something good, like remorse or something.

Well overall this episode was heart-breaking and one of my favorite characters was killed off.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=618239#CsDqSjwtFJc6yiSv.99
Jun 20, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
Woow.... that was a really intense episode
Jun 20, 2013 12:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nooo Alcor!!! He was such a great character...how the fuck did Yamato survive? He's invincible. Io and Daichi's deaths were kind of sad, because they left not remembering anything :( The last scene was pretty intense, loving the background, so beautiful, yet Hibiki and Yamato have to fight each other...And man that sad and empty ED ;_; SO EMPTY.
Jun 20, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
Well, It's pretty obvious how the shows going to end. Intense episode though.
Jun 20, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 2011
I don't understand why Yamato is so powerful in the adaptation? It would have been cool if all the characters had the demons received from their fate routes instead, even though it would completely defeat the purpose of the secondary plot they added in here. All I wanted was to see Alcor summon Lucifer. ;_;

Yamato's flying skillz I just can't take seriously.

All the character deaths were pretty pathetic. Makoto was probably my favourite character from the game, but here I find her annoying. Funny enough, Yamato I didn't like in the game (but at least had some level of respect for), and in the animation he's even more insensitive, and he's the only thing other characters take about. Not to mention the flying. Can't forget the flying.
[An incredibly creative signature]
Jun 20, 2013 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
Pseumincti said:
I don't understand why Yamato is so powerful in the adaptation? It would have been cool if all the characters had the demons received from their fate routes instead, even though it would completely defeat the purpose of the secondary plot they added in here. All I wanted was to see Alcor summon Lucifer. ;_;

All the character deaths were pretty pathetic. Makoto was probably my favourite character from the game, but here I find her annoying. Funny enough, Yamato I didn't like in the game (but at least had some level of respect for), and in the animation he's even more insensitive, and he's the only thing other characters take about. Not to mention the flying. Can't forget the flying.

He flies in the game too in case you didn't realise.

I do agree that he's way more powerful than any character in the series. But I hope he will lose cuz I just can't agree with his opinion. I've replayed the game for 4 times but never chose to follow Yamato's route, I guess I just don't like him.
Jun 20, 2013 12:21 PM

Nov 2012
damn this episode is cool and awesome

finally can see alchor and yamato fighting..
but WHAT THE FUCK??!!! in the end alchor, daichi, io, sako dead?! dafuq?
I must watch the sub one.. it is really sad.. I'm speechless when seeing this..

damn.. idk will it be a good end or not.. :/

looking forward for final episode :/
Jun 20, 2013 12:25 PM

Jun 2011
o0yamaki0o said:
Pseumincti said:

He flies in the game too in case you didn't realise.

I do agree that he's way more powerful than any character in the series. But I hope he will lose cuz I just can't agree with his opinion. I've replayed the game for 4 times but never chose to follow Yamato's route, I guess I just don't like him.

It's less about the flying itself than the fact that it looks like he's some third-rate figure skater during the process.

I agree- his ideals have more sense than Ronaldo's, but just aren't something that I could fully sympathise with.
[An incredibly creative signature]
Jun 20, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
Damnit Makoto...why did u have to die for him...such a shame. Lets go Hibiki! Seeing Daichi fade away while he lost his memories was really sad though.
Jun 20, 2013 12:31 PM

Feb 2013
Well, looks like the last 2 survivors are gonna duke it out.
Jun 20, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2013
Sad to see Io and Daichi disappear. Now its just Hibiki and Yamato. Can't wait for their battle next episode.
Jun 20, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
5/5 great episode, glad that Alcor finally died.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 20, 2013 1:19 PM
Apr 2011
I agree. Good episode. For what a dismal series this has been, it was q good episode. Yamato summoned Zaou Gongen, the highest level Kishin and dear old Uncle BLack. There was just no way Alcor would have won especially after that Deathbound or Multistrike from Zaou Gongen. And so he chose to suicide in order to win. I wonder, what will be needed to get Hibiki new demons? Byakko is so over-rated in this series. Hell, Zaou Gongen should be able to squash Byakko with his little finger. Maybe Hibiki will magically summon Alice then both him and Yamato will be dumbfounded at her. Then she kills them both with her signature move, "Die for Me!". Joking aside, isn't it impossible for Hibiki to beat Yamato? I mean Hibiki is so weak, unless he pulls off some shounen crap with his hidden powers awakening or the power of friendship.
trannon1Jun 20, 2013 1:29 PM
Jun 20, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
Well the ed looked pretty empty, which i liked ;D
anyways the episode was great and cant wait on how they conclude the show
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jun 20, 2013 1:52 PM

Mar 2013
ok episode i guess the fight was nice for ho long it lasted... way too much unnecessery talking though.

Next week is the last episode!
Jun 20, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
How did Yamato survive? Well, we all know who's going to win.
But I'm still rooting for Meritorious ending :p
Please understand.
Jun 20, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2013
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

FUCK IT. FUCK EVERYONE.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS, WHY DO MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS ALWAYS DIE.
Jun 20, 2013 2:09 PM

May 2013
Houndthree said:

FUCK YOU.
Jun 20, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2011
How did Yamato survive to that explosion ?!

Looking forward to the fight against Hibiki.
Jun 20, 2013 2:29 PM
Jan 2013
This episode was awesome in my opinion ;O
Like... I never thought Yamato would live; and Alcor, Daichi and Io would end up dying ;o
For those wondering how the heck Yamato survived, I'm guessing its because they were near the tower and it protected him. :L I don't know.. Because it was glowing blue XD
I could be wrong though lol... Yamato's so OP.

Makoto dying scene was sad T^T Poor Alcor.. I thought you could handle it T^T ughh he was so cool xD
I can't wait until the next and final episode... Obviously Hibiki would win ---
Jun 20, 2013 2:34 PM

Jul 2011
NO!!! Makato! Alcor! Io!! Daichi!!! Wow...I really wish they followed the game, but doing all those sidequests and the main quests might make this anime longer. Yamato must be equipped with "flight" if he was able to fly. Everyone else is gone....Daichi, Io, Keita, Hinako, Airi, Jungo, Otome, Joe, Ronaldo, Fumi, Makoto, and Alcor. Now only Hero(Hibiki Kuze) and Yamato Hotsuin are left. And seeing how next episode will be the last, I doubt we will see Yamato's twin sister at all.
Jun 20, 2013 2:40 PM

Jun 2011
Leapling said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

FUCK IT. FUCK EVERYONE.

I know how you feel. I now have a hole in my body that only Alcor can fix :(
Jun 20, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
Leapling said:
Houndthree said:

FUCK YOU.

הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 20, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome episode; except for how Makoto, nothing really surprised me.

Hopefully next week's fight will be good.
Jun 20, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2007
Yamato vs. Arcor. Everyone except Yamato and Hibiki died or disappeared. At least she was important to Yamato (he had some emotion to her death). Even Arcor knows that Yamato's going for dark path.

Young Yamato voiced by Ogata-san!! And even bigger gap on ED, which makes the song more sadder (and it really shows that Yamato and Hibiki's relations have huge gap). Final battle next ep. (final ep.)
tsubasaloverJun 21, 2013 8:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 20, 2013 3:06 PM
Feb 2009
umm ok 1 more episode i guess.....
Jun 20, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2013
TIRED OF UR SHIT YAMATO, UR JUST A SKANK IN THE ANIME. U SHOULD JUST DIE NEXT EP.

FUCK YOU FOR TAKING ALCOR'S LIFE.
Jun 20, 2013 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
Leapling said:
TIRED OF UR SHIT YAMATO, UR JUST A SKANK IN THE ANIME. U SHOULD JUST DIE NEXT EP.

Lel
Yamato did not kill Alcor
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 20, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2010
they will obviously go for some bullshit happy end next week.

this show has been one of the worst this season.

2/5
Jun 20, 2013 3:31 PM

May 2013
So it comes down to Yamato vs Hibiki, as expected. I can't help but think that all these deaths are poorly placed. I mean they killed off almost the whole cast in only two episodes, so that they can have a showdown between Yamato and Hibiki at the end. Except for that and a few other flaws, I enjoyed this adaption and I am looking forward to the conclusion next week.
Jun 20, 2013 3:32 PM

Feb 2010
Im surprised, i actually enjoyed this episode at least compared to previous ones, too bad the next one will be pretty predictable and it has the chance to be totally horrible.

They made yamato much more heartless towards alcor in the anime, makes sense though, their relation is really different here.

In the game
VanisherJun 20, 2013 3:38 PM
Jun 20, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
the ending... is empty
Jun 20, 2013 4:15 PM

Jun 2011
Leapling said:

You must be mad. So mad that you could explode.

btw yamato is better than that fag alien alcow
Jun 20, 2013 4:17 PM

Feb 2012
Damn this is probably the only anime where so much characters die in just 12 episodes.

Crazy.
Jun 20, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
FastWheels said:

btw yamato is better than that fag alien alcow

MAH MAN!!
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 20, 2013 4:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ramkec said:
Damn this is probably the only anime where so much characters die in just 12 episodes.

Crazy.

It's not crazy because the more they die the higher the probability of a reset ending there is. Honestly speaking, a reset ending is the WORSE possible ending for a series. It's totally pointless.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 20, 2013 5:00 PM
Apr 2013
This episode totally blow off my last prediction of only Hibiki, Io, and Daichi who will survive. I never thought Alcor would die that way. I really wished he at least survive with Hibiki and Yamato before seeking audience with Polaris. Alcor...my one favourite anime characters of all time...rest in peace! I'll definitely pray for you! I'm looking forward how the last duel between Hibiki and Yamato will be next week...the last episode...!

With this, I highly doubt there'll be a battle with Polaris. My prediction is Polaris will appear once Hibiki or Yamato won the duel, having conversations, and then granting the wish of the victor. Then again, Hibiki is the main character, so he'll definitely win and the world is reset back to before the invasion.
Jun 20, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
Holy shit, the protagonist against the antagonist, the two best friends helping the protagonist, the sacrifices of randons the world where Kirito was zeroed after the SAO, how many more cliches can be entered in this episode? Taking the byakko is more powerful than the last Septentrion, there're a joke now. As Yamato survived? He is strong, fine, but do it as well as OP's appeal, and that I like him, but waited another course, not that I have not liked, I liked to, but if the world is rebuilt and all return life will be very DIGIMON, though're like now. 4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 20, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2011
They motherfucking killed Makoto Sawashiro. MOTHER F***ING SAWASHIRO.

Wrapping things up next ep I guess, reset end foshures.
Jun 20, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
I can't believe it. They really killed off everyone, every single one of them .___.

this is absurd..
Jun 20, 2013 5:56 PM

May 2012
Leapling said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

FUCK IT. FUCK EVERYONE.

Hahah i was just looking for your comment on this episode! xD I knew you would be pissed off! :P

But seriously...im so sad Alcor died too...:'( He was awesome...!
Jun 20, 2013 5:58 PM

May 2013
I'M SO SORRY FOR BLAMING YOU YAMATO, YOU SHOULDN'T FEEL RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING. MAKOTO'S DEATH WASN'T YOUR FAULT, ALTHOUGH ALCOR'S COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED IF YOU DIDN'T INTEND TO KILL HIBIKI.
Jun 20, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2011
Leapling said:
ALTHOUGH ALCOR'S COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED IF YOU DIDN'T INTEND TO KILL HIBIKI.

I still blame Alcow for Makoto's death, I mean it's not her fault that Yamato's dick is so delish, heck, I'd be all over that too.

FAK U ALCOW
Jun 20, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2008
Still wondering why Hibiki doesn't have either Genbu or Seiryu.
Jun 20, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
Paul said:
Still wondering why Hibiki doesn't have either Genbu or Seiryu.

Thought he'd get the Temperence bunch too, would've been awesome.
Right after I saw Suzaku I expect them to do it :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.