Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Discuss the last album you've heard and give it a rating whether it be a 1-10 rating or a letter grade.

Black Sabbath- Paranoid

8.5/10
This album took me by surprise, I enjoyed the vocals and the song writing my favorite song would have to be War Pigs.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
JeavJul 15, 2014 4:55 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (220) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2013 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
Enforcer - Death By Fire

I'd give it an 8/10.
The first half is great, the second half kinda drops the ball, but is still pretty damn decent.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jun 19, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2011
Bastards by Motörhead.
Jun 19, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Lady gaga's the fame. :D
i don't listen to much pop, not that i have anything against it but its not my genre, sometimes i just get in the mood though, that album was full of catchy tunes i'd give it a 8/10

and before that the power of failing by mineral.
One of the albums i had planned to go through while starting off my plan to listen to obscure/90's emo i'd give this a 7/10

Also my scores are not objective at all, i just scored them out of enjoyment.
biitchstickJun 19, 2013 2:35 PM
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jun 19, 2013 2:37 PM
May 2012
Gorgoroth - Antichrist

7.9/10 Better than Under The Sign of Hell, almost as good as Pentagram.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Jun 19, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
biitchstick said:

Also my scores are not objective at all, i just scored them out of enjoyment.

I think everyone has their own methods of ratings an album
Jun 19, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2011
Captain-Hawkeye said:
Gorgoroth - Antichrist

7.9/10 Better than Under The Sign of Hell, almost as good as Pentagram.

I own "Under The Sign of Hell". Just sayin'.
Jun 19, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
Daft Punk's new Random Access Memories is on constant rotation

I'd give 9 tracks a 10
Jun 19, 2013 3:06 PM
Jul 2012
Goblin by Tyler The Creator
8/10
LegendGoldDarkJun 19, 2013 3:10 PM
Jun 19, 2013 3:08 PM

Dec 2012
Phantom Antichrist by Kreator

9/10, kickass record, better than anything thrash has released since Rust In Peace.
Jun 19, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
MoeGalacticHero said:
YEEZUS

7.5/10 or so

lol thats the same rating I gave it.
Jun 19, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
Quadron- Avanlanche
7.5/10
This album was good had a nice soul/rnb vibe to it.
Jun 19, 2013 10:26 PM

Dec 2012
Groovy_Q said:
Discuss the last album you've heard and give it a rating whether it be a 1-10 rating or a letter grade.

Black Sabbath- Paranoid

8.5/10
This album took me by surprise, I enjoyed the vocals and the song writing my favorite song would have to War Pigs.

How does one take Paranoid by surprise? Unless you're going in expecting a Sabbath allbum (especially the first) to suck.
Jun 19, 2013 10:35 PM

Jul 2012
IntervisioN said:
Groovy_Q said:

Black Sabbath- Paranoid

8.5/10
This album took me by surprise, I enjoyed the vocals and the song writing my favorite song would have to War Pigs.

How does one take Paranoid by surprise? Unless you're going in expecting a Sabbath album (especially the first) to suck.

It just comes down to me being an idiot really, I grew up thinking that Sabbath was Satanic trash that screamed in every song(as well as every other metal band). I held on to that as I got older even-though I taught myself not to judge a book by its cover especially when it comes to music(Hip-hop fan here). So one day I listened to the song Ironman and saw Paranoid in the suggestion box and gave it a try. I also saw a documentary about them, which made me even more interested in their work.
Jun 19, 2013 11:19 PM

Jun 2013
Logic- Welcome to Forever
Jun 20, 2013 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
Snowball by the Field Mice.

I liked it a lot, but its a twee pop/shoegaze album which is basically musical crack for me.
Jun 20, 2013 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
Long Live Rock 'n' Roll by Rainbow

8/10
Jun 20, 2013 12:38 AM
Apr 2008
RoughSketch - Breaking The Rules

I'll give it a 10/10, because every song is a masterpiece imo
( . )
Jun 20, 2013 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
Sistar - Give It To Me

8/10 - :D There were a lot of catchy songs.

Jun 20, 2013 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
I think it was The Ice Crawling by Soul Enema.

9/10 those Israelis are awesome.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
Jun 20, 2013 5:39 AM

Jun 2013
The Dream The Chase - Found Again

relatively underground aussie band that I randomly found after their vocalist joined a well known band I like. Pretty soft and laid back compared to what I usually listen to, but I give it a 9/10 since it gives me the warm fuzzies and shit.

Jun 20, 2013 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
moving mountains - Foreword

9.5/10

Its a downright beautiful album, the vocals are few but they are spot on and the instrumentals are downright beautiful how they combine post-rock with fantastically played string instruments. Lights and shapes is up there with one of my favorite album closers but the quality on the youtube for it doesnt do it justice

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
The latest Daft Punk album.
Had a certain 70's/80's vibe that I personally enjoyed.
Can see why some people would have a problem with that, being a Daft Punk album n all.
9/10
ssrexJun 20, 2013 7:03 PM
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Jun 20, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
ssrex said:
The latest Daft Punk album.
Had a certain 70's/80's vibe that I personally enjoyed.
Can see why some people would have a problem with that, being a Daft Punk album n all.
9/10

But it was fantastic! It was an hour of great music.

Anyways, I listened to Fitz and the Tantrums - Out of My League
Neo Soul/ Indie Pop
Loved it. Really solid track list, a little front loaded. Fun, dancy songs with a throwback feel. Reminded me almost of Little Richard, but not as forceful.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 20, 2013 8:37 PM

Jul 2012

7/10
Jun 21, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2010

10/10
I love me some great post rock before sleep. And I just can't seem to find a post rock band that would top GiA... Actually I should listen to Age of the Fifth Sun tonight
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jun 21, 2013 2:48 PM
May 2012
Crow Black Sky - Pantheion

6/10
It wasn't "bad" but it didn't have anything going for it.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Jun 21, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins

Listened to it all through once, there were some tracks I really enjoyed but didn't think it was all too impressive on the whole. Listened to it again, and I had a much better experience with it. Would give it between 8 and 9 out of 10. Oh, and the guitars in this album are amazing.

spyrocootJun 21, 2013 5:37 PM
Jun 21, 2013 2:59 PM
Mar 2011
B'z
Eleven

67/100
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
J. Cole - Born Sinner
Rating: 8.5/10
I just love this guy. Cole delivers in his albums. I'm still listening to it now.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jun 21, 2013 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
Just went out and copped this album after the last few weeks of hype + listening to shitty pitch dropped versions on Youtube. The record as a whole is amazingly well done. AiC ages like fine wine.

This is actually how it sounds on the disc. Gasm'd.
Jun 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
Yeezus - I give it... more or less an 8 out of 10
Jun 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2009
spyrocoot said:
Siamese Twins by The Smashing Pumpkins

Listened to it all through once, there were some tracks I really enjoyed but didn't think it was all too impressive on the whole. Listened to it again, and I had a much better experience with it. Would give it between 8 and 9 out of 10. Oh, and the guitars in this album are amazing.

Siamese dream not siamese twins

also ''The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me'' by brand new 10/10 perfect album
Jun 21, 2013 5:38 PM

Oct 2010
biitchstick said:

Siamese dream not siamese twins

also ''The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me'' by brand new 10/10 perfect album

How embarrassing. Thanks for the correction.
Jun 21, 2013 6:30 PM

Oct 2012
spyrocoot said:

For my money, my favorite album of all time. But I love Smashing Pumpkins in general. It really increases in value with each subsequent listen. What was your favorite track?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 22, 2013 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
More old-fashioned metal from the modern age.

I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jun 22, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2010
NickyCharisma said:
spyrocoot said:

For my money, my favorite album of all time. But I love Smashing Pumpkins in general. It really increases in value with each subsequent listen. What was your favorite track?

Initially, it was Silverfuck. But on subsequent listens I've grown to like Cherub Rock and Mayonnaise, so I'm not entirely sure. At the moment it's probably Cherub Rock.
Jun 22, 2013 6:14 AM
May 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e999Fj2HvUY
10/10
Listened to it like a hundred times. BYOB is my favourite song overall.
Arisaka47Jun 22, 2013 6:17 AM
Jun 22, 2013 9:49 AM

Apr 2009
NickyCharisma said:
spyrocoot said:

Mine is Geek usa, the epicness of that guitar man.
Close second is Luna, a really beautiful relaxing song to end the album with.
Jun 22, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
NickyCharisma said:
spyrocoot said:

What album should I start with?
Jun 22, 2013 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
Groovy_Q said:

Begin with Siamese Dream. The next album you pick up will depend on which are your favorite tracks. The CD is like a smorgasbord of their entire catalogue. If you like a grandiose sound, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. If you prefer it a little more intimate, Adore. If you want bone crushing rock, Machina and the Machines of God part 1. If you want Siamese Dream again, check out Gish. Let me know how it goes!
Jun 22, 2013 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
NickyCharisma said:
Groovy_Q said:

Begin with Siamese Dream. The next album you pick up will depend on which are your favorite tracks. The CD is like a smorgasbord of their entire catalogue. If you like a grandiose sound, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. If you prefer it a little more intimate, Adore. If you want bone crushing rock, Machina and the Machines of God part 1. If you want Siamese Dream again, check out Gish. Let me know how it goes!

Yep they're all so different, it really depends on your mood and what you like but i'd go through all of them. :D
Also another great thing about them is if you've listened to all their actual albums theres like 94840504nik5n5 b-sides and unreleased songs they've done that are also really great, been listening to them for half a year and i still haven't gone through all their songs.
biitchstickJun 22, 2013 1:12 PM
Jun 22, 2013 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
@biitchstick- Geek USA is an outstanding track. Funny, you noticed the guitars but I am always drawn to the drums. They're unlike anything else in Rock 'n Roll. Jimmy Chamberlin has always been a personal favorite of mine. I totally agree with what you said about their B Sides. One could make a solid argument that they are better than what was included on the albums. Check out Pieces Iscariot if you haven't already. I've been listing since is was 16, wow, back in '08. And they still sound as fresh today as when I first heard them.

@Spyrocoot- Mayonnaise is great when you're in a contemplative mood. When you have to just step back and look at your life, that song comes into its own. Otherwise, yeah Cherub Rock is classic. I mean it's just a standout feel good rock song that you can play anywhere at anytime.
Jun 22, 2013 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Groovy_Q said:

Thanks that saves me a lot of time, and weren't they part of the 90's grunge scene?
Jun 22, 2013 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
Groovy_Q said:
Thanks that saves me a lot of time, and weren't they part of the 90's grunge scene?

*Technically* But they always considered themselves the outcasts of the movement. Plus they were a little more arty and, gasp, pretentious. I dunno, just ignore Billy Corgan in interviews. Their music is sweet.
Jun 22, 2013 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
NickyCharisma said:
Groovy_Q said:

*Technically* But they always considered themselves the outcasts of the movement. Plus they were a little more arty and, gasp, pretentious. I dunno, just ignore Billy Corgan in interviews. Their music is sweet.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Corgan make it a point that he hated Nirvana?
Jun 22, 2013 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
spyrocoot said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Corgan make it a point that he hated Nirvana?

He did. But that may have also came from his resentment at Kurt Cobain for stealing Courtney Love away from him. They (Corgan and Love) were dating when they (Love and Cobain) first met.
Jun 22, 2013 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
NickyCharisma said:
spyrocoot said:

He did. But that may have also came from his resentment at Kurt Cobain for stealing Courtney Love away from him. They (Corgan and Love) were dating when they (Love and Cobain) first met.

I don't believe he ''hated'' Nirvana from what i've heard i just think he felt superior to the 90's grunge era.
Jun 22, 2013 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Groovy_Q said:

Oh ok I was just wondering because for some reason I love that era and the music that went along with it.
Jun 22, 2013 3:44 PM

Aug 2008
Problem/Solving - KiloWatts

This track is really Autechre-ish. Think Gantz Graf. One thing KiloWatts does that they don't, is intertwine the calculated noise with beautiful (usually piano) melodies.

I wouldn't recommend this album to introduce someone to KiloWatts, it's a little harsh for those not acquainted with the darker side of ambient electronic. "Six Silicates" or "Acceptitude" are much better gateway albums for this artist.
DeseradaJun 22, 2013 3:48 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (220) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
2 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
5 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
6 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
9 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.