Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2009 3:32 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode wasn't as fulfilling as I thought it was going to be. She was pretty mad though and "they" seemed pretty sorry. I knew that he didn't like men, she still doesn't know that though. It was cute that the he entered the competition just to win her money even though he could just give it to her. The peek into his past again was good, it gave you more of a sense of who he was!!!
Jan 11, 2009 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
Wow so Seiran is his brother.. I'm sure slow..
HEY!
Mar 23, 2009 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
lol, i think that it's funny that Shuurei thinks they are seeing each other. XP

Jan 31, 2010 7:37 AM

Sep 2009
yukihime said:
lol, i think that it's funny that Shuurei thinks they are seeing each other. XP

I think the same.
Aug 24, 2010 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
LOL oh Shuurei, so clueless.

I thought it was pretty obvious Seiran was the older brother. Glad they didn't drag it out and make it all dramatic. His and Ryuuki's reunion was nicely done.
Sep 4, 2010 6:33 AM

Nov 2009
lol, I happy when i figured it out before it was said in the anime =D
haha, Shuurei really is clueless!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jun 21, 2012 2:20 AM

Apr 2009
Wow he's the exiled brother\prince incognito...okay moving on. Shuurei got it all wrong in the end. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 19, 2013 9:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
atrophaneurae said:

I thought it was pretty obvious Seiran was the older brother. Glad they didn't drag it out and make it all dramatic. His and Ryuuki's reunion was nicely done.

Agreed :) It was definitely a nice reunion and I'm glad Seiran didn't deny it too much. And I mean some of the others have noticed it as well and they're not blowing Seiran's cover at all. I like how Seiran, someone Ryuuki loved and looked up to became Ryuuki's bodyguard. So that's the reason why Ryuuki acted like a stupid emperor. And I guess Seiran doesn't really like men lol (reminds me of someone in Shinsei Doumei Cross).
Oct 9, 2013 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
atrophaneurae said:
LOL oh Shuurei, so clueless.

even when i first watched it i thought it but it was nicely done this is true
Mar 28, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
Such a heart-warming episode.
Apr 22, 2014 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
This series is so great, nothing drags too much and the characters are loveable. Loved the reunion between the brothers and Shuurei misunderstanding it, lel.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Apr 29, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :)

I'm glad they revealed it early that Seiran is Ryuuki's long lost elder brother!

Though why did he left in the first place? So that Ryuuki would rise to power?

Lol Shuurei now thinks Ryuuki is getting more and more into males XD

Still i wonder if Ryuuki will be jealous when Seiran is close to Shuurei or something :P

Ran Shuuei dominated the tournament just like that O__O

Can't wait for the next episodes!
May 27, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
Why do I feel like the whole "I was paid gold 500 pieces to come here" will be crucial in the coming episodes?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 29, 2014 11:41 PM
Aug 2011
We could have had some wincest here tbh.

I'm finding that they like to reveal everything very quickly unlike some other series.
Which is even more amazing when you consider that this is only episode 4...
Dec 30, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2011
No wonder they looked so similar. I thought it was weird since the start, especially with the similarity in names. My suspicious were confirmed the moment I saw the flashback picture of him though. The hair gives it away, haha.

I love the quick development. It's only 4 episodes in, but it doesn't feel incredibly rushed. (It does feel very smooth and simple so far though.)
And haha, Seiran x Ryuuki? I thought that would be her first response when she saw them together. XD
Jul 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Mar 2010
So he really IS his brother. I thought it was just similar art style, but apparently nah. The reunion was nice and lol at Shuurei's reaction.
Jan 7, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2014
Hahahaha Shuurei lol.. Love this episode <3
Apr 16, 2019 1:57 PM
Sep 2018
I'm surprised that Ryuuki's backstory wasen't a lie i tought he also made that up so he would appear fragile and get more attention from Shuurei.
I was awere of there being somthing between Ryuuki and Seiran turns out they are brothers.

I like how everything is handled so far it doesen't feel overly dramatic or cheesy.
Apr 23, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 2021
I really loved this epsiode!!!!:D
Jun 15, 2021 4:33 AM
Aug 2020
SomaHeir said:
Amazing episode :)

I'm glad they revealed it early that Seiran is Ryuuki's long lost elder brother!

Though why did he left in the first place? So that Ryuuki would rise to power?

Lol Shuurei now thinks Ryuuki is getting more and more into males XD

Still i wonder if Ryuuki will be jealous when Seiran is close to Shuurei or something :P

Ran Shuuei dominated the tournament just like that O__O

Can't wait for the next episodes!

Seiran was exiled remember? hehe although I think the main reason is Ryuuki or he did it for Ryuki.
Ryuuki already got jealous/upset last episode. He told Seiran hehe thats why Ryuki always visiting Shurei at night hehe.

stand said:
We could have had some wincest here tbh.

I'm finding that they like to reveal everything very quickly unlike some other series.
Which is even more amazing when you consider that this is only episode 4...

Yesyes! Since they are revealing everything already, it makes you think what else will happen for the remaining episodes and season. I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT!!

ALTHOUGH IM SHOCKED TO FIND OUT THAT RYUUKI IS NOT A "V" ANYMORE!! THAT HE HAS EXPERIENCE...AND WHAT MORE WITH MANY WOMEN!! HAHA IT ALSO KIND TURNED ME ON SORRY LOL. ITS JUST THAT....HE LOOKS CHILDISH AND INNOCENT WITH A HANDSOME/PRETTY FACE... BUT DEEP INSIDE HE'S KINDA NAUGHTY???? HEHE WELL HE IS A BOY.. AHHAHAHAAHAHHA <3.<3

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJun 18, 2021 3:12 PM
Sep 2, 2021 6:59 PM
Dec 2019
Horney female viewers can't love their bishounen without some contrived past trauma that scars them without scarring them.

Also, they play it like the king is just being lazy... cuz ofc playing dumb but actually being really smart makes him sexier... when in reality this is a king who's not ruling his country which means people could be dying because of his neglect.

I regret what I said about this being better than Yona. When I saw that scene with Shurei's childhood male friend that's been admiring her and will always be by her side... yeah this is the same thing as Yona of the Dawn. This coupled with the fact that the king falls for her so easily heavily indicates that Shurei going to be a perfect heroine that everyone falls for and is super competent without having earned it.
RecynonSep 2, 2021 7:05 PM
Jul 14, 2022 11:30 AM

Feb 2012
I hope we get more of the backstory on what happened 8 years ago and why Seiran needs to stay hidden. Obviously there will still be enemies around, but it's an interesting part of the show. And also what happened to the rest of the family.
Jan 4, 2023 4:35 PM

Sep 2020
I didn't think Seiran was the actual brother but Sei's son instead, or at least some close friend to watch over Ryuuki.

I didn't pay attention to the ages so I see that wouldn't fly now.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 33 Discussion

tofei - Jun 28, 2012

5 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 22, 7:47 AM

» Which other anime feature an official as the protagonist ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

1 by Amuvlet »»
Mar 5, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 8, 2009

16 by agricheria »»
Mar 3, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

CrackityJones - Oct 26, 2010

12 by korogoro »»
Jul 18, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 14, 2009

32 by savvyg »»
Feb 16, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.