Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 3, 2013 3:30 PM

I thought the casting was really good. Henry Cavill is too attractive to actually be from this world.

The movie was entertaining and the soundtrack was good. It was too hyped up though so obviously people will be disappointed.

Jul 3, 2013 3:39 PM

This movie would be fucking terrible if it wasn't for the awesome action. 5/10

Jul 4, 2013 8:35 PM
This movie was great! Don't know what you guys are on about but I would totally recommend 8/10

Jul 4, 2013 8:55 PM

I guess I made a bad choice of deciding not to watch this since I dislike Superman. Is it really that good?

Jul 4, 2013 9:11 PM

I just don't want to be burned with another Superman movie.

Jul 4, 2013 9:13 PM
$2.99/mo (USD)

It was actually really good.
Seeing it as it was a superman movie, I was expecting action throughout parts of the movie. But the only real action we got was towards the end. (which made up for the lack of action in the beginning by a landslide in my opinion)

Apart from that, the progression and the plot seemed to be on point, and you cant argue that the plot wasn't established...

In the end Audience gave it an A-
and the critics... well they have their own personal likes and dislikes in movies which is how half of them base the movies.

Jul 7, 2013 12:32 AM

Good movie, but a superman movie will never be as badass as a batman movie.

Jul 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Tsundere_Lover said:
Good movie, but a superman movie will never be as badass as a batman movie.

I dunno... Superman vs the Elite was pretty badass.

Jul 7, 2013 6:51 PM
otaking
There is more to DC than Batman and super man
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jul 7, 2013 6:55 PM

Saw this movie last night and it was insanely mediocre. The pacing was awful, it felt like watching a two hour movie trailer with random scenes everywhere and no transition between them. The plot had more holes than a fish net and the characters were all pretty one dimensional as well. The worst part was that there were almost no conversations, but the movie was comprised of almost all one liners which most of the time were terrible and often didn't even make sense.

Jul 7, 2013 7:01 PM

kstadtfeld said:
IHenry Cavill is too attractive to actually be from this world.
I kept zoning out during the movie just by staring at his face.

Jul 10, 2013 1:03 PM
Vesanus said:
Red_Keys said:
I thought it was pretty meh.

I was never a big Superman fan. I liked it enough for it to hold my interest, but I wouldn't see it again.

The fight scene at the end was laughably ridiculous. Was there a single building/car/road/field/orbital satellite that they didn't completely smash each other through? Christ.

He saved the city.... by destroying almost every single building, no doubt killing thousands of people in the process.

This.
I just watched it. It was ok.

Jul 11, 2013 8:48 PM

The movie sucked, but the action scenes were amazing, been waiting to a see a live adaptation of superman with fights like these.

Slyr3do0n said:
Saw this movie last night and it was insanely mediocre. The pacing was awful, it felt like watching a two hour movie trailer with random scenes everywhere and no transition between them. The plot had more holes than a fish net and the characters were all pretty one dimensional as well. The worst part was that there were almost no conversations, but the movie was comprised of almost all one liners which most of the time were terrible and often didn't even make sense.
agreed, not to mention that the relationship between superman and Lois was developed very very poor, I didn't even think they liked each other yet until that kiss at the end.

Also x2, the dude saved the girl like 3+ times. Regardless if its love or not, he needs a kiss, lol.
Modified by Tachii, Jul 13, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 13, 2013 7:27 PM

:|

I loved this movie. The Flight soundtrack was making me shiver in anticipation. The action scenes was so good, holyshit. My leg couldn't stop moving from the adrenaline. I was never a fan of Superman but this movie was great. Also Henry Cavill's muscle, lol. Jebus.

Also, there wasn't that much plot holes in this movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/board/thread/216072064

Jul 14, 2013 9:45 PM

I think this movie took itself seriously in all the wrong ways. Superman was practically made to be a little cheesy.

Slyr3do0n said:

Mostly this.
Also, the freaking retarded over use of the shaky camera effect. I mean, were the camera men having seizures during the entire filming process or were they near a fault? Jeebus.

Additionally, how many jokes do you guys think we can make using the "I let my father die because I trusted him" line?
I'll start: I let this car crash because I trusted its safety rating.

Jul 16, 2013 1:04 AM

This movie was so overhyped amongst my friends. Most of them loved it for whatever reason. I thought it was mediocre at best. As Slyr3do0n said, terrible pacing, plot holes everywhere, and there was just terrible dialogue. I also found the soundtrack to be pretty sub par for Hans Zimmer; nothing about it stood out.

Perhaps it's because I'm not as big on Superman or DC Comics for that matter, but I feel pretty cheated out of my time and money.

Jul 19, 2013 6:31 AM

DateYutaka said:

That can make a ton of money? The Flash is all I can think of.

Jul 19, 2013 5:27 PM

When I first saw it I was like , 10 OUT OF 10!!!! But that is because I thought, from the trailers, this was going to be, like, almost as good as the dark knight. I had to lower my expectations after all the mediocre reviews, but I still couldnt expect less. I thought it was pretty awesome- best dbz live action movie yet. Excpecially in smallville, when they were grabbing each other in midair and stuff. That was awesome. Anyway, I would have preffered if they didn't use flashbacks, and also if there was more of clark traveling around and stuff. And the way the dad died makes me a little upset. Not the fact that he rescued the dog (at frst I was like, "so they are going to forget the dog??!": ), but the fact that I am sure clark could easily have ran quick to his dad, grabbed him and ran away. I guess some people they may have known already saw them, but they were in the middle of nowhere and their wasn't that many people anyway. I saw it in 2d Imax, and holding my nose and blowing was all I could do so my ears wouldnt be crushed from the volume. I love the fight song though. Also could have done with ALOT less zoom in quick shots. It just takes me out of the scene. I think I will give it 8-9/10. My opinion may change though.

Jul 19, 2013 6:08 PM

That movie was ridiculously loud.

Jul 19, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 19, 2013 6:49 PM

Gunbladewarrior said:
DateYutaka said:

well they tried with Green Lantern and it did okay, but it really sucked.
There's also Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Martian Manhunter who are also quite popular in DC so they can try make a good flick with them maybe.

Jul 20, 2013 9:13 PM

Unit-01 said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
DateYutaka said:

There's also Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, and Martian Manhunter who are also quite popular in DC so they can try make a good flick with them maybe.

I didn't think GL was all that bad.

Yeah, but I doubt any of those are block buster worthy. Unless they have WW fight like this:

Jul 20, 2013 9:35 PM

Well, they seemed to be putting some faith into the Flash. Slated for a 2016 release, after 2015's Batman & Superman movie. Justice League supposedly for 2017.

Jul 21, 2013 2:54 AM

The Flash was pretty awesome in JL: Flashpoint Paradox (as well as all his other animated appearances).

Jul 23, 2013 8:39 AM
otaking
Unit-01 said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
DateYutaka said:

Crisis or 52
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jul 23, 2013 9:40 AM

My cousin said the Man of Steel was like an episode of Family Guy with all the cutway/flashbacks...

Jul 23, 2013 9:45 AM
Nyangie said:
My cousin said the Man of Steel was like an episode of Family Guy with all the cutway/flashbacks...
Well that is certainly an inaccurate comparison

Sep 6, 2013 2:07 AM
(Spoilers!)

In my opinion Superman and Lois had an immense amount of chemistry. Someone said they did not even know if they liked each other. Are you serious? Why exaggerate, of course they like each other. Constantly throughout the movie it's reinforced that they have chemistry. I have to say, no offence but if you didn't notice that then you must be blind or lack complete emotion and empathy.

Also the destruction. Why is everyone caring about the people who died? It's a movie, firstly none of it is real, no one really died. You're all acting like they really died in real life or something. Secondly Superman never intentionally tried to kill anyone, in fact he never killed anyone. When Metropolis was being destroyed he had no way of protecting Metropolis as he had to destroy the world engine. If he had not have destroyed the world engine the entire world would have been destroyed.

Thirdly when he was versing Zod, nearly that entire area was being or evacuated. When the terraforming was taking place a lot of people would have been escaping the city, hence why when you see them crash through buildings you never see people in them because no one is going to stay in the buildings after seeing hours of terraforming in the distance. The people who were present were on the ground and were most likely trying to get away from the city area. Superman never intentionally tried to hurt anyone but when you have an invincible god battling you, it's going to be hard not to have the entire world as their playground.

Also, Zod and Superman crashed into a Satellite, one Satellite yes that's right to the person who said they destroyed everything. They knocked down one building, destroyed a car park, destroyed the façade of a building and created about 12 holes and punctures to the facades of those buildings so stop exaggerating. It's a very large scale movie but stop acting like they nuked the place.

Also people were running away from the crushed cars but were also being forced to the ground, and people were being lifted and crushed, however in most of the scenes they're in the background. Yes it's immensely violent but I commend Zack on making it realistic and not being afraid to show what power is. This was one of the first movies to leave me speechless at the raw, powerful and shocking action of cars being crushed, A10 fighter jets being jumped on and skyscrapers falling. It's genre is action, what did you expect? I didn't see anyone complaining in Transformers Dark of the Moon where people were getting literally obliterated at the centre of the screen! Many movies have had colossal devastation but this movie was the first to make it real and powerful.

I loved the movie so much that it's not my favourite movie, hence why I'm sticking up for it.

Sep 6, 2013 2:21 AM
FrostToaster said:

Also, why weren't humans affected by the Gravity change. We saw cars being lifted up and crushed, but humans were running past them just fine.

FrostToaster said:

Also, why weren't humans affected by the Gravity change. We saw cars being lifted up and crushed, but humans were running past them just fine.

I've seen it six times and have it on USB (As desperate times call for desperate measures, it's my favourite movie. Just using it until the Blu-Ray comes out) But if you look in the background you can see people being forcibly crushed into the ground and eventually the people running away get pushed into the road. There is also two other scenes which shows people being lifted and crushed. It's quite surreal, but the realism and rawness of the imagery is quite compelling in my opinion :)

Sep 6, 2013 4:13 AM

So apparently black holes don't suck only certain humans into it. Even though whole cities can be destroyed or even worlds it doesn't matter some people are just gods compared to black holes.

It was entertaining to watch but has the most ridiculous ending the world has ever seen.

Sep 7, 2013 1:52 AM
Etyo said:
So apparently black holes don't suck only certain humans into it. Even though whole cities can be destroyed or even worlds it doesn't matter some people are just gods compared to black holes.

It was entertaining to watch but has the most ridiculous ending the world has ever seen.

Regarding the black hole, as your statement doesn't make sense. You mention the black hole created by the colliding phantom drives and then you mention that cities can be destroyed as well as worlds. Well yes the Black Zero ship and the World Engine can destroy worlds and any area they're in.

In terms of the black hole it was becoming larger and larger as it spread, Lois fell prior to the collision and thus the more she fell the more she was exiting the consumption zone, therefore she isn't a god but instead has already started to fall prior to the collision and prior to the black hole creation therefore she was never in the zone as she was falling away from it, hence why you can only see parts of rubble and debris slowly rising up as she fell down but you merely have to examine the scene closer and not just presume before analysis.

Sep 8, 2013 9:27 AM

Gunbladewarrior said:
DateYutaka said:

Watchmen? Even though they already made a movie...

Apparently the Flash is getting his own tv series.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/the-cw-developing-the-flash-as-a-spinoff-of-arrow

Oct 21, 2013 9:32 PM

Kind of late to the party here I guess. Just saw it today and it was a lot of fun. I really don't understand all of the anger and disappointment some people seem to have with this movie. Many of the complaints I've seen from reviews and such like, lack of humor, too much destruction and of course Superman killing were all positives to me because it made it far more serious. Besides, he's just starting out. Things aren't going to go flawlessly.

Not to say it was perfect because it wasn't. One thing I really wish that had been done was telling the story in order instead of having Clark flashback to various points of his life throughout the movie. For example, after the Krypton scene, we see Clark land on earth, the Kents finding him and go from there. Despite my complaints though, the fact that RT rates Iron Man 3 higher blows my mind.

Oct 24, 2013 5:49 AM

I really enjoyed Man of Steel. I don't get the hate at all.

Too much action? Too much destruction? LOL.

I guess people would rather watch dull Superman Returns.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Pages (2) « 1 [2]