Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2012
NataHak said:
she can forget everything after it, just a hug to this persoooon!!!

i believe u want to see more ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .

May 21, 2016 5:58 PM

May 2015
Deventh said:

I am totally fine with someone dying, but being raped brutally and mind-broken is a whole other thing. Yes, Griffith had it rough, but now he has become Prince Charming (in a bad way) and of course broke Casca's mind and body and I highly doubt Casca will have the same outcome that will make her better and if by any chance that does happen (if she doesn't die) I may reconsider my opinion on this matter, although even then I think it's far too deep, the way author treats female characters, to be considered redeemable.

what why
griffith is suppose to be evil dude, you shouldn't be fine with either..lol. it's a story y'know.

anyway
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 11, 2016 4:23 AM

Aug 2015
Deventh said:
Burgerboner69 said:
Currently she still has not regained her memories and she probably won't anytime soon. If anything she is just used as a tool to further Gut's development ( as someone posted earlier).

Which is bullshit. The female characters are treated as pure shit in this manga. The author is sexist, I swear to god.

I get that this post is from ages ago, but I needed to reply to this. This anime is set in a dark age of time, it doesn't have anything to do with the author being sexist, or detesting females. I think the rape, and poor treatment of characters, not only females fits the story because of the age it was set in. Females weren't that respected back then, and it should be the same in the manga.(Mind what I said, I don't think it's right for females to get raped, I'm just saying this since this is a fictional story, it has nothing to do with my opinion of today's everyday life.) Besides, we saw Guts himself get raped at the very beginning of this story, the male characters are treated like shit as well, look what happened to Griffith, Guts, and every bloody character from this story. Nothing has ended up well for anyone, it has absolutely nothing to do with the author being 'sexist.'
MorilynxJul 19, 2016 1:33 AM
Jul 29, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
opheliakc said:
Fuck casca. I hated her from the start. Hope she dies.

why u hate her ? after eclipse i agree she is annoying .

Aug 10, 2016 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Rinalyn said:
Deventh said:

Which is bullshit. The female characters are treated as pure shit in this manga. The author is sexist, I swear to god.

I get that this post is from ages ago, but I needed to reply to this. This anime is set in a dark age of time, it doesn't have anything to do with the author being sexist, or detesting females. I think the rape, and poor treatment of characters, not only females fits the story because of the age it was set in. Females weren't that respected back then, and it should be the same in the manga.(Mind what I said, I don't think it's right for females to get raped, I'm just saying this since this is a fictional story, it has nothing to do with my opinion of today's everyday life.) Besides, we saw Guts himself get raped at the very beginning of this story, the male characters are treated like shit as well, look what happened to Griffith, Guts, and every bloody character from this story. Nothing has ended up well for anyone, it has absolutely nothing to do with the author being 'sexist.'

I am still around and lurk every now and then so I can reply back on this now.

You're right that male characters are treated bad, but can't say it's as bad as females. And yes, it is a "fictional" story of which he is the author and can change stuff as he please. It doesn't say nowhere that he has to go right by the age it was set in or if he does at least not so brutally often and harsh. Casca is just a damsel in distress, just a character boost for our main character to evolve further.
Aug 11, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2015
Deventh said:

I am still around and lurk every now and then so I can reply back on this now.

You're right that male characters are treated bad, but can't say it's as bad as females.

I can understand what you're saying, the gratuitous rape is my biggest pet peeve. But Casca is really the *only* relevant female character brutally mauled except Rosine. The others are irrelevant background characters, even though the point has been driven home, back and home again that the world of Berserk is brutal. Gets annoying.

And yes, it is a "fictional" story of which he is the author and can change stuff as he please. It doesn't say nowhere that he has to go right by the age it was set in or if he does at least not so brutally often and harsh.

Who says he can't?

Casca is just a damsel in distress, just a character boost for our main character to evolve further.

She is now(and she is annoying), but Casca has been the primary character for one third of the series. And she's not going to be mental for much longer.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 10, 2016 7:23 PM
Sep 2016
Deventh said:
jpem said:
Everyone is treated like pure shit in this manga though.

I am totally fine with someone dying, but being raped brutally and mind-broken is a whole other thing.

Just to add on that:

I wouldn't say Griffith had it easy, because he is a male (that would contradict everything I have said about the "sexism" in this manga) I will just say these few things:
Yes, Griffith had it rough, but now he has become Prince Charming (in a bad way) and of course broke Casca's mind and body and I highly doubt Casca will have the same outcome that will make her better and if by any chance that does happen (if she doesn't die) I may reconsider my opinion on this matter, although even then I think it's far too deep, the way author treats female characters, to be considered redeemable.

Why aren't the males being raped? Why are 99% of the Apostles males? We saw in the very beginning the female Apostle that tried to take advantage of Guts while having sex with him and that was it. That and during the festival there was one more female (not considering the one in the God Hand which is 1 female and 4 males =/= value of genders and the female is quite the Succubus, again pointing out women's weakness being the sexual one) Also in war such as the one we have seen in Berserk, males raped males quite often and if the author sticks to the whole truth then why not show that as well? Oh, no... we must rape just poor women and make them suffer beyond imaginable. And yes, I do remember Guts being raped while young, but I wouldn't say that counts as much when that was just a single case in the whole manga.

The author has set a specific role for each gender and the role of the female characters is just to be a broken tools and to further the development of given characters, which for me is a total bullshit.

Don't pullout the bullsh*t gender card here, if you're gonna get offended by that then just stop reading the manga completely. All that stuff that you said is just a biased feminazi point of view.

Guts was raped by Slan, she forcibly put Guts' head between her legs.

And FYI, Griffith prostituted himself to Gennon. Also, Gennon was a pedophile that enjoyed having young boys as servants. I'm pretty damn sure he raped some of them. That actually proves the opposite of your biased feminazi argument against the author.

Gender is irrelevant to the author if you thoroughly think about it.
Dec 4, 2016 4:44 PM

Jul 2015
LeHippieVibe said:
Deventh said:

I am totally fine with someone dying, but being raped brutally and mind-broken is a whole other thing.

Just to add on that:

I wouldn't say Griffith had it easy, because he is a male (that would contradict everything I have said about the "sexism" in this manga) I will just say these few things:
Yes, Griffith had it rough, but now he has become Prince Charming (in a bad way) and of course broke Casca's mind and body and I highly doubt Casca will have the same outcome that will make her better and if by any chance that does happen (if she doesn't die) I may reconsider my opinion on this matter, although even then I think it's far too deep, the way author treats female characters, to be considered redeemable.

Why aren't the males being raped? Why are 99% of the Apostles males? We saw in the very beginning the female Apostle that tried to take advantage of Guts while having sex with him and that was it. That and during the festival there was one more female (not considering the one in the God Hand which is 1 female and 4 males =/= value of genders and the female is quite the Succubus, again pointing out women's weakness being the sexual one) Also in war such as the one we have seen in Berserk, males raped males quite often and if the author sticks to the whole truth then why not show that as well? Oh, no... we must rape just poor women and make them suffer beyond imaginable. And yes, I do remember Guts being raped while young, but I wouldn't say that counts as much when that was just a single case in the whole manga.

The author has set a specific role for each gender and the role of the female characters is just to be a broken tools and to further the development of given characters, which for me is a total bullshit.

Don't pullout the bullsh*t gender card here, if you're gonna get offended by that then just stop reading the manga completely. All that stuff that you said is just a biased feminazi point of view.

And FYI, Griffith prostituted himself to Gennon. Also, Gennon was a pedophile that enjoyed having young boys as servants. I'm pretty damn sure he raped some of them. That actually proves the opposite of your biased feminazi argument against the author.

You know what's going to be funny is when Casca plays a major role in Griffith's death (he will die eventually) and people are still going to call it misogynistic.
Dec 18, 2016 2:13 AM
Sep 2016
Enishi- said:
LeHippieVibe said:

You know what's going to be funny is when Casca plays a major role in Griffith's death (he will die eventually) and people are still going to call it misogynistic.
I know, typical dumbasses that complain for everything
Dec 18, 2016 3:49 AM

Aug 2010
I still don't really get why she was mindbroken when she was quite clearly enjoying it.
Jan 10, 2017 8:06 AM

Mar 2014
Soon u crazy Berserk fans...Just soon when it returns from Haitus we shall see the fate of Casca memories..
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 11, 2017 12:27 PM
Jan 2017
Just finished the 97 anime and had to know if Casca got better. How in the hell has it been 20 years and she's the same?
Jan 11, 2017 3:16 PM

Jan 2015
fumbly_fingers said:
Just finished the 97 anime and had to know if Casca got better. How in the hell has it been 20 years and she's the same?

Miura's been playing too much Idol Master.
Apr 22, 2017 8:06 AM

Dec 2015
Just a quick question: Which chapter is the new Berserk (2017) manga now? With the same pacing - how long would it take to catch up (animating all remaining chapters)? (How many more seasons/episodes)?

And at which chapter does Casca start fighting again? From where the anime is now ... it is already getting a bit boring having the party only traveling and protecting Casca. Would be more interesting if it soon started turning into some real revenge against Griffith (with Casca joining/fighting again).

From what I have read here she does not regain her memories soon (maybe not even up til now)? But maybe she'll start fighting again? (Remembering some fighting techniques and starting to talk normally ... just without the other old memories?)

Or does she stay helpless all the time? Ha ha. A bit waste/boring. (Should get healed or killed.)
Apr 22, 2017 10:08 AM

May 2014
Luthandorius said:
Just a quick question: Which chapter is the new Berserk (2017) manga now? With the same pacing - how long would it take to catch up (animating all remaining chapters)? (How many more seasons/episodes)?

And at which chapter does Casca start fighting again? From where the anime is now ... it is already getting a bit boring having the party only traveling and protecting Casca. Would be more interesting if it soon started turning into some real revenge against Griffith (with Casca joining/fighting again).

From what I have read here she does not regain her memories soon (maybe not even up til now)? But maybe she'll start fighting again? (Remembering some fighting techniques and starting to talk normally ... just without the other old memories?)

Or does she stay helpless all the time? Ha ha. A bit waste/boring. (Should get healed or killed.)

The 2017 anime started at chapter 177, and the arc it's covering goes until chapter 307.

At the pace they're going it'll take one or two more 1 cour seasons, if they skip the "unimportant" stuff.

"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 7, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2017
gallivant said:
I still don't really get why she was mindbroken when she was quite clearly enjoying it.

I wondered why you might think a girl would enjoy getting raped, then I clicked on your username and saw you have Trump as a profile pic. :)

But honestly I've seen quite few "she was enjoying it"-claims over the years. Sometimes people are just trolling and sometimes they are just extremely retarded I suppose. The fact that Casca literally lost her mind and still completely panics whenever she sees or experiences something that reminds her of what happened should tell every none-retarded person how much she hated it.
May 12, 2017 12:13 PM
May 2017
So
Deventh said:
jpem said:
Everyone is treated like pure shit in this manga though.

Just to add on that:

I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but guts was raped as a kid as well. And he's male.
May 12, 2017 2:18 PM

Apr 2017
Deventh said:

I don't know if you're trolling or being ironic, but Kentaro Miura is clearly a feminist. Berserk takes place in a world that reflects our own. It might have magic and monsters, but it’s also patriarchal world like ours. In addition to that, it takes place in a medieval time. Go back to the middle-ages and you will see women being treated like shit in our world as well.

Miura does not exactly portray rape or the demeaning of women as something positive. He in facts portrays it as the most horrible thing in the world, pretty much.

The women in Berserk have to learn how to rise in a patriarchal world. Casca managed to do so, as a mercenary and vice-commander of the Hawks.

Look at Game of Thrones. Same story there, alltough not quite as brutal of course.
Zoldra0Jun 28, 2017 4:02 AM
May 22, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2017
zodd0 said:
Deventh said:

I don't know if you're trolling or being ironic, but Kentaro Miura is clearly a feminist. Berserk takes place in a world that reflects our own. It might have magic and monsters, but it’s also patriarchal world like ours. In addition to that, it takes place in a medieval time. Go back to the middle-ages and you will see women being treated like shit in our world as well.

Miura does not exactly portray rape or the demeaning of women as something positive. He in facts portrays is as the most horrible thing in the world, pretty much.

The women in Berserk have to learn how to rise in a patriarchal world. Casca managed to do so, as a mercenary and vice-commander of the Hawks.

Look at Game of Thrones. Same story there, alltough not quite as brutal of course.

I reciprocate this sentiment. I personally think that the use of Casca as a catalyst for introducing PTSD/trauma keeps up with the humanizing aspect of the series. Not just for women in general but also for keeping us tied in with the human aspect of it. As much as everyone likes to think they're a Guts type character the truth is most people actually fall somewhere along Nina, Casca (post eclipse), Joachim, average Band of the Hawk merc at the very best. It keeps us rooting for Guts and helps us appreciate him as a character because he goes well beyond what any normal person at their peak physical/mental ability in our world would be in any way capable of.

That being said the prolonged inability to give her back her memories or kill her off is lame. I think Miura is having a hard time keeping up with the popularity of Berserk as a series. Every year it gets more exposure (i.e. Netflix, manga translated in English about 10 years ago give or take, etc) and more and more people are willing to binge read to keep up with it. That being said Berserk's story and answers must have a heavy toll on his ability to bring it full circle. He's said in his early interviews he didn't expect the story to get so far out...something along those lines.

...And I also think he's milking it.
May 23, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
100Spokes said:

I don't. Why would he be milking if Berserk probably is gonna take him a couple of decades to finish anyway? Besides, he is a genius in a league of his own, he knows what he is doing.
May 23, 2017 8:36 AM

May 2017
zodd0 said:
100Spokes said:

I don't. Why would he be milking if Berserk probably is gonna take him a couple of decades to finish anyway? Besides, he is a genius in a league of his own,

Could be. We'll see what happens.

he knows what he is doing.

No.

–And you took that formative experience and put it into the sprawling original fantasy world of Berserk. When’d you come up with that idea? How much did you plan out at that point?

Miura:I’d hardly thought any of it out at first. I had no idea how far I’d be able to run with just that original idea for the manga, and I really hadn’t come up with the idea for the Band of the Hawk at all. Aside from the monster-slaying black swordsman, I had this idea that it’d be easier to give him something to fight if I added the element of revenge to it, and that was about it.

–That’s true of the prototype story, but from the very start of the actual series we see Griffith’s transformed self as well as Apostles and the God Hand, so it at least certainly seems like you had worked out quite a bit of the universe before starting it, though.

Miura: It looks that way now in retrospect, but up until volume three all I had in mind was that it would be a story about anger. In preparation for starting this series, first I asked myself what it was that I had to pay attention to, and what I decided was that I would make sure that the character was angry.

Miura: I’m not sure if this works as a lesson to take away from this, but like I said before, when you’re working hard on something, sometimes you just hit upon the right thing and it all starts falling into place. I myself am someone not very good at planning, but when you stop and think about the manga you’ve already made, I think you’ll find that there was some sort of reason behind it. Assuming you don’t have multiple personalities or something.

–It’s all connected on a subconscious level, you’re saying.

Miura: And if I dig into that enough, it comes together as a story. It’s not something done intentionally.
Jun 8, 2017 12:45 AM
May 2015
I just stopped catching up with berserk when casca had her mind broken , the manga and new series/movies don't interest me since i loved casca so much , i will just check this form now and then hoping for casca to get her memory back one day.

note : it kills me that the author treated casca this horribly , why would a demon rape a poor woman !!! so childish and so sexist from the author . and after that ? one of the best , if not the best character you have loses her mind for about 20 years ! its just so sad to me .
Jun 27, 2017 7:26 PM

Mar 2014
zodd0 said:
gallivant said:

I wondered why you might think a girl would enjoy getting raped, then I clicked on your username and saw you have Trump as a profile pic. :)

But honestly I've seen quite few "she was enjoying it"-claims over the years. Sometimes people are just trolling and sometimes they are just extremely retarded I suppose. The fact that Casca literally lost her mind and still completely panics whenever she sees or experiences something that reminds her of what happened should tell every none-retarded person how much she hated it.

We all know she wasn't enjoying it, we know the context, we know it was rape because she was saying "no", because she was crying and because of how she ends up insane from the trauma. But, if you look at how it was all drawn, it seems it was made to look a lot more like porn than a sexual assault. Like, if you forget the context for a minute, it doesn't look like rape. It was shown from many different angles, focusing on different body parts of Casca, like it was your regular hentai. It is clearly shown in a way that arouses instead of shocks. Compare it to Guts's rape as a kid. You don't see details of it, you don't see Guts's body from up-close. That's the difference. You don't see any elements in Guts's rape scene that would turn you on. The rapes of women are made to look sexy, showing us boobs being grabbed or nipples being licked. Male rapes aren't shown like that, if they are shown at all. We know Griffith prostituted himself, but it was never shown. Moreover, he prostituted himself to a pedophile that keeps children in his castle, but we never see the children being raped. We only see the rapes of women and we see them resembling too much like porn or, like someone wrote above, for fapping purposes. I'm not against rape being such a regular part of the story because I know it was a regular part of people's lives back then. And I'm not asking for more male rapes just for the sake of gender equality or whatever, and I don't mind that most rapes are to women. However, it pisses me off how they are shown because they hardly ever look like truly disgusting events. They almost always look like regular sex scenes that turn on the reader instead of shocking them or whatever other reaction one might have in the face of a rape.
So, if you look at Casca's rape without keeping in mind that it's a rape, just looking at the drawings, it really does look like she's enjoying it, which is awful and unforgivable. It even looked like Guts was suffering more as a witness to this than Casca herself.
Jun 28, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2017
justtvalerie said:

We all know she wasn't enjoying it, we know the context, we know it was rape because she was saying "no", because she was crying and because of how she ends up insane from the trauma. But, if you look at how it was all drawn, it seems it was made to look a lot more like porn than a sexual assault. Like, if you forget the context for a minute, it doesn't look like rape. It was shown from many different angles, focusing on different body parts of Casca, like it was your regular hentai. It is clearly shown in a way that arouses instead of shocks. Compare it to Guts's rape as a kid. You don't see details of it, you don't see Guts's body from up-close. That's the difference. You don't see any elements in Guts's rape scene that would turn you on. The rapes of women are made to look sexy, showing us boobs being grabbed or nipples being licked. Male rapes aren't shown like that, if they are shown at all. We know Griffith prostituted himself, but it was never shown. Moreover, he prostituted himself to a pedophile that keeps children in his castle, but we never see the children being raped. We only see the rapes of women and we see them resembling too much like porn or, like someone wrote above, for fapping purposes. I'm not against rape being such a regular part of the story because I know it was a regular part of people's lives back then. And I'm not asking for more male rapes just for the sake of gender equality or whatever, and I don't mind that most rapes are to women. However, it pisses me off how they are shown because they hardly ever look like truly disgusting events. They almost always look like regular sex scenes that turn on the reader instead of shocking them or whatever other reaction one might have in the face of a rape.
So, if you look at Casca's rape without keeping in mind that it's a rape, just looking at the drawings, it really does look like she's enjoying it, which is awful and unforgivable. It even looked like Guts was suffering more as a witness to this than Casca herself.

I believe I've answered something similar in a different thread, but people are putting to much emphasis on what she physically did or did not do during the rape. Bodies actually have tendancies to respond automatically, with nipples being stiffened and what not during rape, giving some people the impression that the victim is "enjoying it" when that's not the case. Casca had pretty quickly started to let go mentally and just let her body do as it wished. It resulted in her mind being broken.

Also, you could wonder how much a demon king could control the victim he rapes. That's no ordinary rapist. If Casca looked like she was enjoying it, maybe that was because Griffith aka Femto wanted it to look that way.
Jun 28, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2017
ZERO-564 said:
I just stopped catching up with berserk when casca had her mind broken , the manga and new series/movies don't interest me since i loved casca so much , i will just check this form now and then hoping for casca to get her memory back one day.

note : it kills me that the author treated casca this horribly , why would a demon rape a poor woman !!! so childish and so sexist from the author . and after that ? one of the best , if not the best character you have loses her mind for about 20 years ! its just so sad to me .

Sexist? If you love casca you know she's a strong woman and a leader.
Sexist mangas would've made her a typical healing girl that does nothing .

You didn't put two and two together on Femto rape scene. Boy
gets 🐈 all day yet he only does it when he's gets emotional. (princess scene)
It was his message to guts that he's the dominate one. That's why he looks at guts in eyes while he did it.
Mar 21, 2018 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
AllenVonStein said:
Does casca ever get...

Feb 3, 2019 3:26 PM
Feb 2019
justtvalerie said:
zodd0 said:

100% Exactly the point with the way it was drawn, you'd think casca was enjoying being fucked in a pool of her dead friends blood. Which obviosuly she wasn't because of the whole brain trauma experience, but even if theres just a slight chance that its true and muira was trying to convey to us that she kinda got off in that situation, that would lower my opinion of her exponentially Also yes theres a pretty good case to be made for guts suffering more in that situation, considering that casca is guts woman that hits you a whole lot worse than if it were just some random chick, and he had to live with the thought of casca being raped in front of him by his bestfriend in a pool of the blood and guts of his other dead as fuck comrades, so yeah that definetly could trump casca going nuts, just due to the fact he HAD to live with it. he HAD to sit down and question to himself if his girl enjoyed being fucked in front of him one of those days, because of how she looked when it happened, something no man should have to do, i gauruantee he did. even if muira didnt show us, he HAD to at some point go through that dreadful question, and thats something that casca cant say she had to deal with after, at least she was oblivious to everything going on post-eclipse. And thats not to knock her, i know she didn't ask for any of this as well, its just that damn muira always having to confuse us with his art. If its gonna be a rape scene make it a rape scene damn it! I wanna see some struggling! 😂😂😂
Feb 3, 2019 5:08 PM
Feb 2019
Voldo said:
justtvalerie said:

I believe I've answered something similar in a different thread, but people are putting to much emphasis on what she physically did or did not do during the rape. Bodies actually have tendancies to respond automatically, with nipples being stiffened and what not during rape, giving some people the impression that the victim is "enjoying it" when that's not the case. Casca had pretty quickly started to let go mentally and just let her body do as it wished. It resulted in her mind being broken.

Also, you could wonder how much a demon king could control the victim he rapes. That's no ordinary rapist. If Casca looked like she was enjoying it, maybe that was because Griffith aka Femto wanted it to look that way.

Wow good point, i hadn't even thought of that, and it was shown well on display that griffith knew how to use his powers the minute he got them, because he almost vaporized guts and skull knight when they tried to escape. that's certainly a possibilty, Though Cascas body reacting on its own sounds like the most logical conclusion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 104 Discussion

28 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 103 Discussion

30 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 102 Discussion

49 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 101 Discussion

41 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.