Forum Settings
Forums

Should I continue to expand my taste in anime?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Jun 13, 2013 6:01 PM

Forgetfulness said:
OriginANIME said:
I'm in like the complete opposite situation you're in. Ive been wondering if I should expand my taste and watch some of those -2000 anime. -o-

Same here. Well, I tried Cowboy Bebop before because of it's a "masterpiece" by most people's standards. It wasn't bad, but most of the episodes were rather boring IMO

Holy shit, Cowboy Bebop is a -2000 anime!? Ive had it on my PTW list for years now and always thought it was still pretty recent. *facepalm* LOL

Jun 13, 2013 6:02 PM

OriginANIME said:
Forgetfulness said:
OriginANIME said:
I'm in like the complete opposite situation you're in. Ive been wondering if I should expand my taste and watch some of those -2000 anime. -o-

Same here. Well, I tried Cowboy Bebop before because of it's a "masterpiece" by most people's standards. It wasn't bad, but most of the episodes were rather boring IMO

Holy shit, Cowboy Bebop is a -2000 anime!? Ive had it on my PTW list for years now and always thought it was pretty new. *facepalm* LOL

That's because it had gorgeous sound and animation for its time, even I was shocked at how old it was when I first started watching it.

Jun 13, 2013 7:44 PM

Forgetfulness said:
OriginANIME said:

Actually most people here seem to think poorly of Bebop.

Jun 13, 2013 8:18 PM

BlackSabotage said:
Forgetfulness said:
OriginANIME said:

I've only seen Bebop rated lower than an 8 on very few people's lists, and in the instances when I did I felt their ratings were... questionable, to say the least.

Jun 13, 2013 8:27 PM

BlackSabotage said:
Forgetfulness said:
OriginANIME said:

Not really, it's rated 19 on the whole site. 85% of the users who have watched even 1 episode it have rated it 8 or over.

Jun 13, 2013 8:31 PM

Just don't watch it!
Why do you force yourself to watch a shitty anime?
I don't get it.
I luv u

Jun 13, 2013 8:40 PM

Forgetfulness said:
How do you like my ratings then? ;)

Based on similar anime between us: 5 CM per Second isn't quite 10/10, DtB Special doesn't deserve 9/10, and I think you underrated both Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Cowboy Bebop. Other than that, your list is fine. That's just my opinion though, you can and should rate however you like.

Jun 13, 2013 8:42 PM

Try FMA Brotherhood and Attack on Titan

Jun 13, 2013 8:49 PM

Forgetfulness said:

Haha. I put DTB Special as a 9/10 since it was just labelled as episode 26 in the torrent. Therefore, I rated it as if it was part of the show.

It's a stand alone episode, and it didn't add anything to the story or characters. For me, it's a 5/10 because it's very average for DtB.

Jun 14, 2013 3:27 AM

Forgetfulness said:
OriginANIME said:

+1

Jun 14, 2013 5:34 AM

You watch what you enjoy its not for others to decide on what you watch. Being an otaku doesn't mean how much anime you have much its the amount of love you have them.

Jun 14, 2013 5:50 AM

I think for theese kind of sitations works Sturge's Law(90% of everything is crap),so no matter if it's "old" or "new" anime,there are some really awesome ones on both sides and ofc some which aren't that great,however theese days people tend to be nostalgic or I dont know what and think that every "new" anime is simply crap.Well the industry as far as I can tell did slightly changed and it might be true that there are nowadays more anime which you could consider as crap,however it's also that there is just more anime coming out each year.

The answer for your question should be that you should do whatever you want,whatever makes you happy and entertains you is really the best path to go for,because if you think about it there are so many people who think about anime that it's "Art" and something where you should really think about what you should watch and what not,anime in first is a form is about story telling and entertainment and then indeed art so if an anime helps you with your life or entertains you than it did the job, we as a community shouldn't complain or be like "Ye the story is kinda good but the animation is poorly made and the music is also stupid,so I give it a 8/10",you know everyones nowadays a critiquer.Me as an example I really id enjoyed Mirai Nikki,I do understand that there are flaws in it,but it was an unique experience for me,and some who might say "It's a riping off from NGE" might be true but atleast it was a fun and entertaining anime to watch.
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.

Jun 14, 2013 6:38 AM
nekovision said:
It seems like "fappability" in anime is now officially more important than actually having good contents.

Seriously, does ANYONE actually do that to normal anime?

Totally serious question..
Worships Asparagus.

Jun 14, 2013 6:44 AM

Writing > Everything else.

What year does not really matter, unless you cant stand some animation.

Jun 14, 2013 6:47 AM

miereneronaile said:
nekovision said:
It seems like "fappability" in anime is now officially more important than actually having good contents.

Of course.

Jun 14, 2013 6:56 AM
OriginANIME said:
miereneronaile said:
nekovision said:

Of course.

Why in gods name would you 0o. To each their own, i guess.
Worships Asparagus.

Jun 14, 2013 7:16 AM
Take your favorite shows. Find what genres they are. Look up shows with similar genres. Watch the ones that are highly rated. Not just on MAL, but everywhere. Go to google and type in _________ anime review. See what others think. Getting all your recommendations from MAL (or any place) isn't a good idea. Sure it's a lot of work, but you knows what's more work? Watching a bunch of shows you have no interest in and thinking all anime from a specific era is shit. Not saying anyone thinks like that, but if the first 5 shows you watch are slice of life and you hate it, you'll think most anime out there is slice of life.

Jun 14, 2013 7:17 AM

dlonc said:
I think for theese kind of sitations works Sturge's Law(90% of everything is crap)

People still use this cop-out response? I've heard 90% of people who say this are too lazy to think up an answer by themselves.

Jun 14, 2013 8:18 AM

MajinSaga said:
Durarara!! is awesome. Dubbed only of course. Don't bother with the japanese version.
....I disagree.

Jun 14, 2013 8:21 AM

mecharobot said:
dlonc said:
I think for theese kind of sitations works Sturge's Law(90% of everything is crap)

People still use this cop-out response? I've heard 90% of people who say this are too lazy to think up an answer by themselves.
I agree, it's pretty annoying. No matter the question, people will use that as an answer. "Why don't I like this anime" It must be because it's crap, not something like the genre, themes, art, characters, etc.

Jun 14, 2013 9:22 AM

There is virtually nothing to discuss here. It seem it is already a recommendation thread. The obvious answer had already been raised which was "yes, do so, here's X anime for you to go see." If you want recommendations, make a specific thread in the other subforum about what you're willing to try out. This sort of threads initially don't belong in anime discussion in the first place.

Aside from that, stop double posting and triple posting in a row. Edit your posts than make more repetitively.

Thread locked.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]