Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion

Jun 19, 2013 10:18 AM

Okay so yolo it all, what an easy way to win everyone over.

And the end o.o

Jun 19, 2013 11:03 AM

if only yolo also works in real life 0__0,,
I wonder who will take the 5th valvrave...

Jun 19, 2013 2:14 PM

You know, I really hate to put it this way, but I'm going to do it anyways. I personally think the events at the end of the episode might just push fans to take the anime more seriously. While I'm sure Aina's death in episode 7 did turn some heads and change some minds, it hasn't seemed to impact people as much as the rape scene has. I've never seen this show garner such serious discussion before.

Let's face it, can anyone seriously still consider this a parody series? A comedy? Just for kicks and giggles? I'm sure there will still be ridiculous and hilarious moments down the road. But people need to realize that this show has taken a darker turn and it's not all fun and games anymore.

At least I hope people are taking this seriously, because if anyone laughed through the rape part, well they're just sick, sick bastards.

I'll admit though, I kinda miss thinking of this show feeling just like a huge joke. But I rather like where this anime is going.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 19, 2013 3:41 PM

ThangLong said:
Haruto x Saki is probably canon now. I wonder if space vampire can get pregnant.

What makes it cannon?

It was the curse that made him "rape" Saki, not his feelings. This is just what happened in Gundam Seed. and if you have seen it you know how that ended.
Modified by Anyien, Jun 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 19, 2013 6:41 PM

Uh .... didn't see that coming. Does the curse only affect him? None of the others have done that yet?

I was hoping a death flag was being set for Ms Perfect Shouko. She's still just so annoyingly perfect.

I actually prefer stuck up bitch Takahi.

Yeah straight up sex with Saki during her speech. Nobody wondered where they were? They actually went through with it and then I expected somebody to walk in, but no. They have a new secret. Now I guess he'll turn down Shouko.

Jun 19, 2013 7:30 PM

Anyien said:
ThangLong said:
Haruto x Saki is probably canon now. I wonder if space vampire can get pregnant.

What makes it cannon?

It was the curse that made him "rape" Saki, not his feelings. This is just what happened in Gundam Seed. and if you have seen it you know how that ended.

I've said this before on another site, but honestly using Gundam Logic for Valvrave just doesn't work. Especially considering this is by the same guy who created Code Geass.

We already know it can't end the way Gundam did with that situation anyways because Saki's going to live another 200 years.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 20, 2013 4:01 AM

@silver
That was bit of a joke question. Was kinda expexting a joke answer lol. But hey I've been known not being clear with my questions.

But yeah those scenes were tragic...
Modified by Brigandi, Jun 20, 2013 4:05 AM

Jun 20, 2013 10:06 AM

Yep, this is definitely a parody. I mean, what the hell?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, did Shouko freaking say "YOLO" at her election speech?

The way she just said "let's have a school festival" was pretty stupid idea to me, I mean sure they're students and they should have fun so I guess giving that liberty to them may not be such a bad idea (even though, you know, they could be attacked at any second while they're having fun...that literally would be the best time for them to be attacked) BUT WHEN SHE SAID YOLO. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

She phrased it like "we're the king of greed, yeah!" and as sweet as that sounds and everyone is determined to reach their goals and dreams...they sort of need to focus on the task at hand. This, again, goes to show how completely carefree they are about the war, and how selfish they are? I mean seriously? Living in the moment so that you can accomplish your dreams and do all the things you want? I think it would be more appropriate to be "fighting so that you have a chance to pursue your dream" or "fighting to protect the people you love". I guess it just really pissed me off more than it was supposed to watching a bunch of high schoolers motivated to do whatever the hell they want, and the obvious outcome of that is going to be horrible. I think they showed that scene where Haruto is...ahem ahem raping (?) to basically foreshadow how you really CAN'T have fun and go along with the whole "You only live once!" mindset when you're dealing with something as serious as a curse.

Something bad is going to happen...and when it does I'm going to blame Shouko.
From the stupid kids at my high school who do stupid things all the time screaming "YOLOOOOO" at the top their lungs, I've seen and learned the effects. Anyone who says that line at any sort of election...is on my hit list (lol, to put it bluntly)
Modified by EarlCiel, Jun 20, 2013 10:09 AM

Jun 20, 2013 10:27 AM

Shouko winning those elections wasn't surprising at all it was obvious she would become the leader of their little country.
Question is how much longer will their little country last with the current way they are going and will the Moon really be that generous to protect them.
That Saki was aiming for Haruto was obvious that Haruto was thinking something else than taking over her body was unexpected.
Saki was shocked but did not seem like she disliked it but it would have been a problem if it was another girl tho lie the blond.

Guess Haruto will be in big trouble if he can't control his feelings in the future.

Jun 21, 2013 1:35 AM

EarlCiel said:
Yep, this is definitely a parody. I mean, what the hell?
BUT WHEN SHE SAID YOLO. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Sort of. I understand that many people are watching this with translations from gg fansubs, but their work has a lot of connotations that weren't in the original dialogue. YOLO sounds far more whimsical than something like "we have one life to live". What she said was closer to the latter.
誰も、未来を信じない

Jun 21, 2013 1:57 AM

The amount of people in this thread that don't think this scene was rape is honestly scary.

Jun 21, 2013 2:03 AM

ihateeveryone said:
The amount of people in this thread that don't think this scene was rape is honestly scary.

IRL it is rape. But you know, every single person in this anime is a psycho. So real life logic/law doesn't work.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Jun 21, 2013 6:25 AM
'Haruto, you broke my heart!!' - Shoko

Damn, what happens IF Shoko finds out about all of this.

Jun 21, 2013 12:24 PM

What the hell happened to Haruto in the end? Did his lust for hijacking become sexual lust? That's a fucked up situation (no pun intended).

Jun 21, 2013 12:56 PM
Onyxthegreat said:
What the hell happened to Haruto in the end? Did his lust for hijacking become sexual lust? That's a fucked up situation (no pun intended).

Is it that hard to notice that the AI is only on his Valvrave and it is the one that's controlling him and making him go berserk???

Jun 21, 2013 1:57 PM

Oh so discordant, I don't know what to think or feel any more. The scriptwriter must be bipolar or something.

For some reason or another, I still liked it.

Jun 21, 2013 11:09 PM

I wonder what would happen if L-Elf is beside Haruto the next time this happens...

Your picture says it all! I can see the doujinshi now!

Jun 22, 2013 2:05 AM

To quote George Takei, oh my...

I was expecting biting, but not that...now I bet Shoko becomes the purple pilot. Would make for more unecessary drama.

Jun 22, 2013 5:51 AM

I'm confused, why does everyone think the Blonde Council Member in the elevator was also assaulted by Haruto. I thought it was obvious that was when Saki had borrowed Haruto's body, and she did it to get back at her?

I'm not going to comment on the one scene everyone is fixating on, Haruto isn't human anymore, and is more like Saki then Shoko, and whether he's been trying to avoid shoko because of that, or to protect her, I don't know.

Also everyone is saying it seems that Haruto's VV1 is the reason he has these reactions, but I contend, instead that the reason this red craving happens, is because l elf shot him after he was in the valvrave, and that it's probably part of the regeneration process. To keep the flesh alive, the curse, you have to replenish something.

I think if you see a scene in coming eps where saki and haruto sneak off to have sex again, that you may have your answer as to whether this was viewed as rape, or part of their curse that they share.

Jun 22, 2013 7:54 AM
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Onyxthegreat said:

Is it that hard to notice that the AI is only on his Valvrave and it is the one that's controlling him and making him go berserk???

I thought so.

Oh yeah, who's gonna pilot last Valvrave? Akira or Satomi?
Modified by JafriZin, Jun 22, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 22, 2013 8:19 AM
Veretax said:
I'm confused, why does everyone think the Blonde Council Member in the elevator was also assaulted by Haruto. I thought it was obvious that was when Saki had borrowed Haruto's body, and she did it to get back at her?

I'm not going to comment on the one scene everyone is fixating on, Haruto isn't human anymore, and is more like Saki then Shoko, and whether he's been trying to avoid shoko because of that, or to protect her, I don't know.

Also everyone is saying it seems that Haruto's VV1 is the reason he has these reactions, but I contend, instead that the reason this red craving happens, is because l elf shot him after he was in the valvrave, and that it's probably part of the regeneration process. To keep the flesh alive, the curse, you have to replenish something.

I think if you see a scene in coming eps where saki and haruto sneak off to have sex again, that you may have your answer as to whether this was viewed as rape, or part of their curse that they share.

Exactly. All those emo-driven posts here by some about it being rape (and when pointing out some inconsistencies with that theory, calling people rape apologists) completely miss the point that, if *she* doesn't think it's rape, then it's not rape. Period.

To see how she actually view the whole curse-sex episode, we'll just have to wait for the next episode.

As far as has been shown NOW, however, there are clear indications she agreed to it, for whatever reason (even if it's only to share the curse - though in reality, we all know she actually wants him too). These indications are:

1)she could have easily kicked him out of his 'altered' state, as she did in the elevator. She didn't.
2)She could have easily bitten him and switched placed, therefore ending his sex-effort. She didn't.
3)She intertwined her hands/fingers with his; hardly a thing to do to your rapist, if you consider it actual rape.
4)She lifted her hand at one point and put her hand on the back of his neck, pulling him in; again, hardly a thing one does when being raped.

Some posters have tried to explain this by her being forced into complacency and she just had to acquiescent or manipulated against her will (mentally forced). But there is NADA proof of this: it's all conjecture. In fact, indications are, that Haruto didn't have the clearness of mind to manipulate and mentally force her, nor that she was overwhelmed in such a way, she lost all her senses and 'caved in'. No, we see a boy who is obviously beyond his own control, trying to have sex with a girl, who is first surprised, but then realises what is happening and *consciously* comes to a conclusion and decides to share the cursed faith with her beloved.

One could say it also has some points of speculation, true, but at least it's not as far fetched, and given the things we saw as of yet, it fits all the points I raised far better if the hypothesis is taken that she did it voluntary, than if she was actually raped against her will. Because, in the end, her will was not 'broken' in any way, and she could have easily stopped it otherwise, and at the same time, if it was against her will or she just turned into a passive victim and 'undergoes' everything because she mentally caved in, she wouldn't have actively participated in the act neither.

Emo-borderline hysterics and antics should be left out of it. (Not that I'm saying everyone claiming it was rape was like that, but to those that have given logical arguments I already have responded in kind).

Jun 22, 2013 8:48 AM
JeffreyZin said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Onyxthegreat said:

I thought so.

Oh yeah, who's gonna pilot last Valvrave? Akira or Satomi?

Akira...........that's the most possibility for now.

Veretax said:

Did you purposefully miss what the AI was showing on screen when Haruto went berserk like twice? Or your thought they were just coincidence on purpose because you think this show is a joke or something? I am so f**king tired of saying this but stop blaming the guy when it's clearly shown that his actions are not in his control as the AI controls him during that time. Hell it inserted nano-machines in him and is only on Valvrave 1 not 3,4,5 or 6 only on the Red Valvrave. It's really hard to put 2 and 2 together isn't it? Or what he is a MC so everything he does is his mistake or something like that. Think what you want, but the fact doesn't change.
Modified by Tachii, Jul 7, 2013 11:47 AM

Jun 22, 2013 9:59 AM
Shoko won the election
Saki won the erection
o_o

Jun 22, 2013 1:42 PM
Agony said:
Shoko won the election
Saki won the erection
o_o

Hehe.

Now; what is best, I wonder? ;-)

That said, be careful: some posters will call you a rapist apologist just for making a funny rime like that!

Jun 24, 2013 1:40 AM

That ending...

My eyes went so wide I felt like they were going to explode.

It's Berserk all over again!

*Hides in the corner*

Jun 24, 2013 8:43 AM

Kinda interesting to see people giving high score cuz' of rape (and even more wtf to see people telling themselves it's ok if she didn't resist). I don't need something shocking to give a good score. It's about enjoyment. I don't enjoy rape in hentai and I don't enjoy it here. If anything I found this tasteless....

Jun 27, 2013 2:01 PM

It appears the (possible consensual) rape as already been thoroughly discussed in this forum, but the rape itself signifies where JIOR is heading.

People have already noticed, that while the rape was occurring, Shoko was giving her speech to win the election. In her speech, she said, "Guys, let's do everything that we've dreamed of! Let's become the kings of selfishness!" (20:52 Crunchyroll Sub). Not only did the side by side frames of Shoko giving the speech and Haruto performing the rape show a betrayal of their feelings to each other, it also shows what the ultimate fulfillment of Shoko's ideology really is; the fulfillment of selfish sexual desires upon another person without regard to their desires.

I really disliked how Shoko argued for selfishness, and especially that the students were easily sucked in by the siren's call. I do like how the rape was used as a counterpoint to show that Shoko is leading people on a path of destruction (though I fear the writers will flinch and write a happy ending). I did not like that this show depicted a rape, especially because I feel the main motivation was to use it as a gimmick to add drama. However, they did execute the rape with a literary finesse this show has not shown before.

Jun 30, 2013 10:01 AM

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????!!!!! ><

Jul 1, 2013 7:11 AM

my OTP pride is ruined. nts dont have expectations.
Haruto episode ONE. went crazy and went on a Valvrave war on the Dorssians or w/e theyre called because Shoko was believed to have died.
Episode 10, producers were like F*ck the shippers and lets stomp on their feelings.... oh i was so naive. Poor Shoko and Haruto was leveled up from whiney b*tch to Makoto Ito with a space vampire mix (Jokes). i sincerely feel cheated LOL
i am single and ready to mingle

come at me silly meat xoxo

Jul 1, 2013 7:50 AM
gaara-hime said:
my OTP pride is ruined. nts dont have expectations.
Haruto episode ONE. went crazy and went on a Valvrave war on the Dorssians or w/e theyre called because Shoko was believed to have died.
Episode 10, producers were like F*ck the shippers and lets stomp on their feelings.... oh i was so naive. Poor Shoko and Haruto was leveled up from whiney b*tch to Makoto Ito with a space vampire mix (Jokes). i sincerely feel cheated LOL

OH great, another lost soul? Why do people purposefully miss that he was controlled? It's really puzzling.

Jul 1, 2013 8:22 AM

Well, this episode... Surprised me a bit. I don't really know how to react, so I won't.

ShikiAshGrave said:
its not a rape saki kissed haru few episodes back we all know she got a thing for him

Are you saying that if you're infatuated with someone, it gives them the green light to do whatever they please with you without your consent?

"Oh you like me? Ah, then I'll just rip your clothes off and fuck you on the spot." (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

I don't think so.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with Haruto, your logic is just faulty.

Jul 4, 2013 11:42 PM
Fuck that someone who LEAKED the last scene 'before' this ep were air.

God, I'm so speechless right now.
Modified by JafriZin, Jul 5, 2013 6:15 AM

Jul 8, 2013 4:41 PM

The sex was uncalled for ...wow Haruto ....( horny ass)
That curse is scary,how Haruto tackled her was woah dude
I don't even call it rape ,she let him
Shoko wow how can you not see ,that the one you love is in a mess too?!?

Jul 8, 2013 4:44 PM

Agony said:
Shoko won the election
Saki won the erection
o_o

Lola that's what I thought too

Jul 14, 2013 11:41 PM

Wow, he banged her.

He should do the blonde next. lol

Jul 17, 2013 12:49 AM
Magito said:
Wow, he banged her.

Thats true and it means Haruto isn't a virgin anymore (DAMN) + Saki

Aug 1, 2013 4:17 PM

She mindraped him, so he raped her. -_-

This show is so classically bad I just can't help but love it.
Let's go bowling.

Aug 9, 2013 5:40 PM
Allenkilla1 said:
Magito said:
Wow, he banged her.

Thats true and it means Haruto isn't a virgin anymore (DAMN) + Saki

But was Saki a virgin? And was it her first kiss in episode 5? I wonder.

Aug 10, 2013 7:13 PM

Lolwut that rape scene... well Shoko stays the best character in this series... oh well lets see what's next only two more episodes to go!

Aug 23, 2013 7:00 PM

Yes I watched for sex, but what I got? What is this? Oh lol.

Sep 26, 2013 9:54 PM

FUCK THIS SHOW AND THAT RETARDED SAKI.WHAT AM I EVEN WATCHING, AND WHY AM I ENJOYING IT.WTH

Oct 16, 2013 7:59 AM

shoko won the election but saki won the erection

OMG rape scene 10/10 LOLOLOLOL

Oct 16, 2013 8:01 AM

Shoko won the election

Saki won the erection

Edit: SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT!

Oct 20, 2013 7:15 AM

Did that just happen?

The back and forth between the rape scene and Shoko's speech was really well done. Although I found it heartbreaking. I was really hoping for Haruto x Shoko, but I guess it's still possible.

Haruto's conscience is going to destroy him.

Oct 27, 2013 12:14 AM
come on... really?

Nov 2, 2013 11:22 AM
That rape. :O

Welp. It was bound to happen but why did she have to go and reject him the next episode? But seriously, nice twist. It's negated all the many cringe-worthy scenes from before.
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

Nov 9, 2013 11:52 AM

That was... unexpected. This took a somewhat darker turn; now to see what they make of it.

Nov 13, 2013 8:57 PM

Rape!? Haha.

Just Sunrise saving anime.

Nov 21, 2013 1:05 PM

What a fucked up episode!!

Nov 21, 2013 1:08 PM

Are they trying to mimic code geass?? The irony .

Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »