Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2013 10:50 PM
Mar 2012
Space Vampire Baby?
Jun 13, 2013 10:52 PM
Mar 2011
OfficialGuts said:
The way I see this faux-rape scene..

- The only moment she struggled was at the beginning when he pushed her down.
- When he opened her shirt she was surprised but didn't do anything to get away.
- Then the *its a curse* and she embraces him.
- We already knew she had feelings for him, even at the beginning of the episodes she's sad that it won't only be the two of them as Valvraves.
- In the end she's probably indifferent or happy, I doubt she's sad.

exactly, i dont think rape is the word

but im so glad im following this
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 13, 2013 10:56 PM

Feb 2013
ThangLong said:

Irenesharda said:
As I figured, the next two episodes will lead to the climax of the story with everything coming to a head at the moon. We discover that Cain's fleet will be going to fight one more time and this time Cain himself is going out there. That's not a good sign. We learn that Cain is the right-hand man of the Fuehrer who replaced the royal regime 20 years ago. However, if Princess Liselotte is still treated as royalty at the time she met L-elf which happened later than 20 years ago, then how did this whole coup d'etat occur?

Royalty has been usurped by the Fuehrer and his right-hand-man. They are kept alive as mascots with no real power. Liselotte is probably locked up while her brother A-drei is a joke of a prince. That factored in L-elf's plan to overturn Dorssia and we have the entertaining main plot for the 2nd cour.

What I meant was that it was said in a magazine article that between the time that Lisolette met L-11 and present day, there was a coup that turned her from royalty into a political prisoner. However, this episode they say that the coup happened 20 years ago which was before Lisolette, L-11, and A-3 were even born. So what happened? If the monarchy had already been displaced at least 3 years before A-3's birth (and at least 4 or 5 years before Lisolette's) then why are they even still royalty? Why are they treated (at least in the princess' case when she was young) with the respect you would give a royal?

We really need some exposition on Dorssia.
Jun 13, 2013 10:56 PM

Dec 2011

AlexTheRiot said:
squidsquid said:
Haruto was obviously trying to have sex with L-Elf last episode.

...it was only a matter of time.

yes please.
HirieoshiJun 13, 2013 11:03 PM
Jun 13, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2013
This fucking anime.
Jun 13, 2013 10:58 PM

Feb 2013
Atexasotaku said:
Fai said:
Atexasotaku said:

Also a shoko and L-elf coupling seems to far-fetched. L-elf turned against his country to save the princess who saved him as a child. I think that L-elf is too loyal to her that he would go for Shoko.

That is assuming that the Princess is NOT "The Fuhrer" :P

Very true, however, i haven't seen anything so far that would point to her being the Fuhrer. Interesting theory nonetheless

She can't be the Fuhrer. They say that the Fuhrer took power 20 years ago, and Lisolette is younger than L-11 and A-3, who are only 17.
Jun 13, 2013 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
reinm said:
Space Vampire Baby?

source?
Jun 13, 2013 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
Irenesharda said:
Atexasotaku said:
Fai said:
Atexasotaku said:

Also a shoko and L-elf coupling seems to far-fetched. L-elf turned against his country to save the princess who saved him as a child. I think that L-elf is too loyal to her that he would go for Shoko.

That is assuming that the Princess is NOT "The Fuhrer" :P

Very true, however, i haven't seen anything so far that would point to her being the Fuhrer. Interesting theory nonetheless

She can't be the Fuhrer. They say that the Fuhrer took power 20 years ago, and Lisolette is younger than L-11 and A-3, who are only 17.

Very true, thanks for clearing that up.
Jun 13, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2012
dat ending was effed up...
Jun 13, 2013 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
reinm said:
Space Vampire Baby?
Dafuq?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 13, 2013 11:12 PM
Mar 2012
EpicboyZ said:
reinm said:
Space Vampire Baby?

source?

here
Jun 13, 2013 11:25 PM
Nov 2011
I have a feeling that Haruto may be the villain in the next season...
Jun 13, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
Others have already talked extensively about the rape scene, I'll just say I wasn't expecting it and didn't want to see it. Rape in fiction is imo one of those "if you were thinking about adding it to the story, don't", because unless you plan on detailing the long recovery process, the victims will appear to "get over it" in a flash. I doubt Valvrave will spend more than one episode on the aftermath, anything else will probably be fixed off-screen.

I liked Haruto fairly well before this ep, but now I'm conflicted. I know he wasn't mentally in charge during the scene, but that doesn't change what his body did. I do kinda feel sorry for Haruto, but I don't really want to because this scene reminds me of rl news discussions where the perp being drunk is seen by some as "ehh, you do stupid things when you're drunk".

Tl;dr Valvrave, you were supposed to be my fun crack series for the season, this ep strayed too far from that to my liking.
Jun 13, 2013 11:31 PM

Feb 2013
reinm said:
EpicboyZ said:
reinm said:
Space Vampire Baby?

source?

here

Guys, it's an edited pic from Episode 8 where Saki was holding Haruto's helmet in the changing room.

Jun 2013
Mubashwer said:
I have a feeling that Haruto may be the villain in the next season...
quite possible after all the special 1 tends to be hated on anime like this
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita

Jul 2012
I don't always post here, so this is something I found in another forum, don't know if somebody already posted it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valravn
This is reflected in a Danish traditional song that describes how, after refusing offers of riches, the Valravn makes an agreement with a maiden to take her to her betrothed after she promises the valravn her first-born son. After the agreement, the valravn flies away. In time, the couple have a child and the Valravn returns, and asks the maiden if she has forgotten her promise. The valravn takes the child away, and tears into the chest of his won wager and consumes the blood contained within the child's heart. As a result, the valravn transforms into a knight.
Jun 13, 2013 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
symbv said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
She wasn't fighting off his sexual advances though. Once she realized he wanted sex from her she accepted him and even embraced him. Watch the scene over again.
She fought at first but she later accepted him - we know she had already fallen in love with him earlier. The situation (or her emotion) is not a straightforward and clear-cut one.

actually it very much is.

DId she initiate the intercourse? No.
Did she consent to allowing it? No.
Was she under mental strain when the intercourse happened? Yes.
Did the initiation of intrcourse involve physical force? Yes

At the ennd of the day:
- Saki's feelings do not matter and is not a deciding factor in whether this is rape or not. YOu can love someone and still be raped by that someone. You can want to have sex with someone at some point in future, yet still be raped..
- Her "giving up" as it goes on does not matter. That's actually quite common factor in most of rape cases and sometimes perpetrator does not even realize he/she raped someone.
- Her not physically stopping it after does not matter.

Its still rape. She still was physically(at first) and mentally(afterward) forced to have sex. She did not consent to sex, she was coerced into it. lack of consent = rape.
Wait, I did NOT say it is a rape. I only said in terms of emotions and feelings it is more complex than a girl getting raped by a total stranger. What Haruto did is still a wrong thing to do, period. But I just want people to see deeper from Saki's perspective. She was violated and wronged, but from her point of view she may not be all feeling repulsive or unambiguously offended. Human feelings can be this ambivalent - even they know it is wrong they may still come to accept it. This is all I want to say.
symbvJun 13, 2013 11:40 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 13, 2013 11:36 PM
Mar 2012
Irenesharda said:
Guys, it's an edited pic from Episode 8 where Saki was holding Haruto's helmet in the changing room.

Damn! And here I thought I'm gonna see Space Vampire Baby!
Jun 13, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
is it just me or did saki like it half way in???
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jun 13, 2013 11:45 PM

Apr 2009
joshua_mai said:
I don't always post here, so this is something I found in another forum, don't know if somebody already posted it.
This is reflected in a Danish traditional song that describes how, after refusing offers of riches, the Valravn makes an agreement with a maiden to take her to her betrothed after she promises the valravn her first-born son. After the agreement, the valravn flies away. In time, the couple have a child and the Valravn returns, and asks the maiden if she has forgotten her promise. The valravn takes the child away, and tears into the chest of his won wager and consumes the blood contained within the child's heart. As a result, the valravn transforms into a knight.

That's really interesting, and would explain the raven in the credits. Nice find :)
Jun 13, 2013 11:49 PM
Nov 2011
IMO The leaks were released on PURPOSE so that more people watch this episode...
Jun 13, 2013 11:54 PM

Dec 2012
joshua_mai said:

Thanks, I don't know with anyone noticed but Dorssia is probably Denmark + Russia. as we can see the Dorssia's loyal palace imitated after Russian's Kremlin

If we were to believe Valvrave incorporated the Valravn's lore, Saki may bear a space vampire child after all! Wouldn't that be a great twist?!
Jun 13, 2013 11:56 PM
Aug 2011
wat is this trainweck?
I don't even know anything anymore.
Jun 14, 2013 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
Irenesharda said:
ThangLong said:
Royalty has been usurped by the Fuehrer and his right-hand-man. They are kept alive as mascots with no real power. Liselotte is probably locked up while her brother A-drei is a joke of a prince. That factored in L-elf's plan to overturn Dorssia and we have the entertaining main plot for the 2nd cour.

What I meant was that it was said in a magazine article that between the time that Lisolette met L-11 and present day, there was a coup that turned her from royalty into a political prisoner. However, this episode they say that the coup happened 20 years ago which was before Lisolette, L-11, and A-3 were even born. So what happened? If the monarchy had already been displaced at least 3 years before A-3's birth (and at least 4 or 5 years before Lisolette's) then why are they even still royalty? Why are they treated (at least in the princess' case when she was young) with the respect you would give a royal?

We really need some exposition on Dorssia.

They are still royalty because the Fuhrer allows them to. The king might have lost all power before either A-drei or Lisolette were born. But since they were all kept as mascot, they can retain their titles and some guards that protect them. Of course, all those guards/soldiers had to respect Lisolette when she met L-elf years ago.

parfaited said:
wat is this trainweck?
I don't even know anything anymore.

Actually, it's pretty good once you start letting everything sink in.
Jun 14, 2013 12:10 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Thanks, I don't know with anyone noticed but Dorssia is probably Denmark + Russia. as we can see the Dorssia's loyal palace imitated after Russian's Kremlin
I don't think it involves Denmark. In fact the common consensus among Japanese fans is it is a combination of the two militarist regimes in early 20th century - Doitsu (Deutsch) and Russia.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
This episode is Hentaily retarded.

Jun 14, 2013 12:17 AM
May 2013
Tixy said:
I hope I don't end up saying anything tacky since this is a difficult subject but here are my 2 cents.

Imo it's more of a dubcon, I personally wouldn't call it rape. We were shown a few episodes back that Saki is capable of kicking Haruto's ass when she defended Kyuuma from him, and then again in this episode we were reminded of that too with ojou drills. But ok, let's say that since he knocked her to the ground she couldn't kick him exactly. She could still bite him. Imo if she truly didn't consent she could have done that in a few seconds and be done with it. I think that Saki has been developing feelings for Haruto unfortunately (cause every other boy is superior) and she seems to be incredibly lonely too, she is shown to have no friends and the only person who treated her nicely (Aina) is dead too. Now Haruto and Shouko seemed to have been growing closer again and Saki obviously feels threatened by that so she sees this chance with berserk Haruto wanting to have sex with her and feels like maybe that way she won't lose him so she consents. I am not however saying that she was happy with this decision, she's a lonely girl with shitty past who's desperate to have someone. Hey, sex can make you sad too.

I would like to give Sunrise more credit, even though it was a shitty decision to do this for sheer shock value I don't think they are stupid enough to play the rape is love troupe. Also I believe producers have said that Saki was their favorite character, I don't think they'd put her through rape if that's the case. Either way, the lines are very blurry here and this is just my interpretation.

As a side note, you don't have to acquire consent with a verbal "yes", there are many other ways a partner can show they are willing such as doing lewd things like hand holding for example.

This is exactly what I think describes the situation perfectly. Also can we discuss all the other things that happened in the episode? Yes that was a big scene but after 13 pages of the same thing its beating a dead horse.
Jun 14, 2013 12:22 AM
Jul 2012
Parasol-Lady said:
DeathfireD said:

Valvrave-tan is always saying stuff about "hunger" and sexual innuendos so...I'm still trying to work out why the blood sucking instinct turned into extreme lust....

Well, the bites might be in a way, love kisses? I don't what they are called, but it happens between 2 people, and the person does something to another's skin with their lips. Maybe thats what the bites were like? And we don't know if the bite ability is only to Haruto and Saki. As we haven't see Thunder, or the guy who pilots the Blue Valvrave do it.
Jun 14, 2013 12:24 AM

Jun 2013
ok new topic in the OP theres 1 more unit who don show its pilot yet who u think its gonna be? my money on shouko or L elf^^ place your bets!
Jun 14, 2013 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
ok new topic in the OP theres 1 more unit who don show its pilot yet who u think its gonna be? my money on shouko or L elf^^ place your bets!

I think it will be the Student Council President
Jun 14, 2013 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
I don't think it involves Denmark. In fact the common consensus among Japanese fans is it is a combination of the two militarist regimes in early 20th century - Doitsu (Deutsch) and Russia.

Interesting, I did not know Deutsch was called Doitsu. That pretty much makes sense. I just looked at the map of the all German Empire, Denmark is directly above it. Denmark is the land of the Valvarn. As far as using historical reference, I think Cain might not be Dorssian but citizen of the Valvran's country, be it alien or what not. That makes to similarity between Cain and VVV-tan that much more prevalent.

btw, that shadowy person behind VVV-tan

might be this guy

According to Danish folklore recorded in the late 1800s, when a king or chieftain was killed in battle and not found and buried, ravens came and ate him. The ravens became valravne. The valravne that ate the king's heart gained human knowledge and could perform great malicious acts, could lead people astray, had superhuman powers, and were "terrible animals"
Jun 14, 2013 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
Atexasotaku said:
ShikiAshGrave said:

Reason? my reason why shouko cuz the OP shouting haruto have two wives^^ saki and shouko why Lelf cuz his the brilliant strategist and war veteran who pretty much the most capable person in entire Jior atm he gotta have his own unit^^
Jun 14, 2013 12:31 AM

Apr 2011
Saki embraced Haruto. She loved every second. Blackmail ahead
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jun 14, 2013 12:31 AM

Feb 2011
RAPE !? Ok , this is getting ridiculous -_-
Jun 14, 2013 12:33 AM

Jun 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
Atexasotaku said:
ShikiAshGrave said:

Reason? my reason why shouko cuz the OP piratically shouting haruto have two wives^^ saki and shouko why Lelf cuz his the brilliant staregist and war veteran who pretty much the most capable person in entire Jior atm he gotta have his own unit^^

I don't think it will be Shoko because i feel like she is going to die and for L-elf it's up in the air.
Jun 14, 2013 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
Atexasotaku said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
Atexasotaku said:
ShikiAshGrave said:

Reason? my reason why shouko cuz the OP piratically shouting haruto have two wives^^ saki and shouko why Lelf cuz his the brilliant staregist and war veteran who pretty much the most capable person in entire Jior atm he gotta have his own unit^^

I don't think it will be Shoko because i feel like she is going to die and for L-elf it's up in the air.
the irony of it if after all this that unit is piloted by that machine otaku guyXD
Jun 14, 2013 12:39 AM

Jun 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
the irony of it if after all this that unit is piloted by that machine otaku guyXD

With this anime...anything is possible xD

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote chain
koleareJun 14, 2013 8:31 AM
Jun 14, 2013 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
why couldnt haruto rape L-Elf
Jun 14, 2013 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
Atexasotaku said:

With this anime...anything is possible xD
There also that bride unit unfinished final 1 my money on colonel cain or Lelf^^

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:25 AM
Jun 14, 2013 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
Haruto in his vampire mode actually raped Saki?! What the crap LOL! Totally didn't expect that. This anime is so inconsistent. The whole episode had the whole 'highschool' and 'let's all be friends' vibe and then it ends with a rape scene. Lol wtf. :\
Jun 14, 2013 12:44 AM

Jul 2010
Next episode: haruto rapes his valvrave
Jun 14, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
Calumz said:
Dude No GAY if that really happen i drop this immediately! and go flip tablesXD
Jun 14, 2013 12:46 AM

Jun 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
There also that bride unit unfinished final 1 my money on colonel cain or Lelf^^

I can't wait to find out who Cain really is, cause they've been teasing us with some one liners by him for the past month that make it sound like he knows alittle too much.

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:26 AM
Jun 14, 2013 12:46 AM

Jun 2013
Chompski said:
Next episode: haruto rapes his valvrave
U mean VV tanXD
Jun 14, 2013 12:50 AM

Jun 2013
Atexasotaku said:

I can't wait to find out who Cain really is, cause they've been teasing us with some one liners by him for the past month that make it sound like he knows alittle too much.
Cain practically have a sign over his head IM THE FINAL BOSS MWAHAHAHA!

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:27 AM
Jun 14, 2013 12:51 AM
Oct 2011
Calumz said:

lol
Jun 14, 2013 12:53 AM

Feb 2013
Haruto is the one that got raped. Saki knew he wasn't in control of his body, but she let it happen. Her initial resistance was out of surprise and modesty. I don't know why people are saying she was overpowered because the anime made a point in showing us how easily she can stop his episodes. If she had to, she could have easily bitten him and body swapped to put an end to it. But no, she wraps her arms around him and takes his hand into hers.
Jun 14, 2013 12:55 AM

Jun 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
Cain practically have a sign over his head IM THE FINAL BOSS MWAHAHAHA!

Right... I want next week's episode already

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:29 AM
Jun 14, 2013 12:58 AM

Jan 2013
lplayer19 said:
OfficialGuts said:
lplayer19 said:
Also can we discuss all the other things that happened in the episode? Yes that was a big scene but after 13 pages of the same thing its beating a dead horse.
Yolo?

I dont know haha like maybe the science and what runes are? Lol yeah that kinda ruined it for me though, I can't believe they actually had that in there...hate that fucking word
YOLO bruh.

Anyway the whole "Runes" thing is quite interesting imo.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 14, 2013 1:05 AM

Jan 2009
I have a feeling this is just the first of many more rape scenes to come.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.