Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 11, 2015 9:49 AM
May 2015
Moe anime shows always show that everyone around you is a very nice person and they will keep You satisfied.
these type of animes are mostly loved by everyone and it is basically concentrated towards male audience. Everyone knows
That anime industry is slowly dying but these shows are keeping up and they generate revenue a lot more than main stream animes. For example kyoto animation's are at the top in the matter of earning money and they are famous for making moe anime.Leaving aside japan most of the anime fans around the world are male.I am a guy and in my top ten anime list K-on! makes a spot. In my personal opinion moe anime's are pretty good because i feel that they help you in releasing tension and it keeps you occupied giving you a pleasant feeling , not to mention making one of the female protagonist your waifu :3 . I love moe anime and I've watched almost every show produced by kyoto animation who are the boss in moe content. I love k-on! Clannad ,haruhi,tamako market,chuunibyou and my current favorite hibike euphonium.

My humble opinion to all the moe loving guys, "you are not weird and you should feel proud for loving moe"
Jun 11, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
No, I'm not a fan of Moe Anime.

Jun 11, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
if you liking an anime just because art, i will never take your opinion serious.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 11, 2015 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
Almost half of the anime I've watched I would consider "moe".
Jun 11, 2015 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
Dat necro D:
Jun 11, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
I watch them but depends on some stuff. Moe ftw. :3
Jun 11, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
Not sure, I might have seen or watch moe anime, but I don't watch them because they're moe.
Jaywalker.
Jun 11, 2015 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
One Week Friends was a lot of fun. Would rewatch.

It depends on the show. If it has a good story or good comedy, then I'm more likely to enjoy it. CGDCT usually isn't my sort of thing, though.
Jun 11, 2015 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
Hell no. I'm a real man.

Jun 11, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
I mean I love romance and if a romance show just happens to be a moe anime, then I'll watch it.

If it's just cute girls doing cute things, then I will most likely not watch it. I'm not a big fan of all female casts.
Jun 11, 2015 12:19 PM

May 2014
Hell yeah! Cute girls doing cute things count me in!

Moe Moe Attack!
Jun 11, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2013
I like it, but in moderation I suppose. For every couple Moe shows I watch, I gotta watch something without it (or at least not as much).
Jul 31, 2016 9:02 AM

Apr 2016
dlonc said:
RandomPerson3 said:

That was such a Not_Biased opinion.

I dont know what you guys think,but I don't feel anything sexual about moe characters.It's just cute but not sexual or something to fall in love.
dlonc said:
RandomPerson3 said:

That was such a Not_Biased opinion.

I dont know what you guys think,but I don't feel anything sexual about moe characters.It's just cute but not sexual or something to fall in love.

I agree. I don't see moe as sexual at all. It's just like watching adorable things like puppies and kittens.
Jul 31, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2010
Since I am assuming we are talking about cute girl shows more than moe in general, yeah I do. They tend to be lower priority than other types of shows because they end up being very hard to watch if they don't click with me. But if they do they're one of the easiest to marathon shows.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 31, 2016 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
Red_Keys said:
IntroverTurtle said:
See this is how normal people are. To Not_Biased, if you're watching something that has females in it, you want to rape them, especially if they are younger than 18.
I'm not saying I'm agreeing with Not_Biased..

But the fact that time after time, these cute characters are exclusively female characters leads me to believe there's some sort of sexual reasoning behind it. Not an overly obtuse "lustful" one. But more of a certain feeling that's just sitting in the back of your head as you watch.

Otherwise, if you take sexuality completely out of it, why would these shows always be about girls?

They're not all girls. Moe can be a style, the way characters act, or even just adorable things like puppies, kittens, and babies. Things that are cute, things or people you want to protect. Not have sex with them.
Jul 31, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2016
tsudecimo said:
dlonc said:
The real thing which is killing the anime industry are streams,fansubs,manga scans.

Nope, that's 100% incorrect.

No it's not. A lot industries like to complain about such things. It's not just anime or manga. It doesn't effect them as much as they say. It actually helps more than hurts. It's the price to get the material out there. Without it, they probably wouldn't make as much. Especially since the Internet as allowed anime to explode over the last few years. I'm not saying piracy is good, I'm only saying it has also done good and it's the only reason I even became a fan. Before becoming a fan, I had no way of knowing about anime at all. My friends, who got me into anime also would not have been fans without piracy being a thing and even if I did discover anime in a legal way, I never would have put money into some unknown thing. Since I was a child at the time; my mother would not have allowed me to watch anime or read manga if it weren't free. She thinks my books are a waste of money. (I'm 20 now yet she still says it's a waste and that I don't need anymore.) what about libraries? They allow people access to anime and manga for free too but we all continue to complain about the Internet making watching/reading easier and easier.
DarkConan1412Jul 31, 2016 9:37 AM
Jul 31, 2016 9:29 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I really hope OP realizes at least by now that more guys watch moe than girls lol
Jul 31, 2016 9:31 AM

Feb 2016
lol both elfen lied and madoka are moe anime, and i watch them.
Jul 31, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2016
dlonc said:
rederoin said:

That too.

Just saying that removing fan translations would be more harmful than it acteally helping the industry(however small it may be).
Watamote is a good example of that, it got an anime becease of the popularity. A lot of western fans where buying the manga volume's after they had read the scanlations of it.

I didn't said that I'm against piracy or that the anime/manga industry is dying.Well I'm not rich but I would definitly buy a manga or an anime,why not?Anime/manga piracy is good because it's a way for people to get more into anime and it's also a great entertainment.However to delete all the mangascans,fansubs or streams from the internet wouldnt make the western anime audience dissapear.Supporting the work of your favorite anime studio,mangaka by buying the stuff the produce is great and fair for everyone and if more money would float in the anime industry I believe there would be more stuff like cowboy bebop,samurai champloo...

Fans would support their favorite shows and anime in general but people who don't yet know they like anime would not pay for something they know nothing about. I know. I was one of them once upon a time. My family was the same. They are still the same. They think it's a waste of money.
Jul 31, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2015
Well, of course just look at me lol.

But it has been a couple of months since I've last watched one.

Edit: Wow looking through the previous comments in this thread there were even more tryhards on AD back in 2013 than there are now lol.

I'm glad the forum is not as hostile now
LobindeJul 31, 2016 9:55 AM
Jul 31, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2015
Nothing wrong with watching moe anime, as long as it has a plot.

Moe is love, moe is life!
Jul 31, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
merryyeah said:
datfag said:
You do realize most moe anime is aimed at middle aged men, right?

This thread...

I've been thinking and I don't think that being middle aged means they are pervs. After all, aren't those the same people that mainly but action figures and shounen merchandise? I think just like anime. I see a lot of this moe is cancer and moe is pedo bullshit online but I've never met or spoke to anyone who has actually said they think of their moe shows as sexual at all. I like moe too. I watch just about anything and I feel the same. Moe is not sexual to me at all. I'm reading these posts to figure out just why people freak out so much about such a ridiculous topic. Because I honestly want to know and I also want to know how prevalent this view is and if this view is even legit or just a bunch of uneducated people freaking out about something they don't know about or understand.
Jul 31, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Only when i'm drunk or buzzed. There are some things i only find entertaining while inebriated and moe is one of those things.

I generally like ecchi more than moe, but i prefer the same type of girl in both.
Jul 31, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2014
No, I don't think many of the anime I have watched can be considered moe.
Jul 31, 2016 10:11 AM
Mar 2016
sorry to say but I can't handle too much cuteness or kawaiiness.
Jul 31, 2016 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:
I really hope OP realizes at least by now that more guys watch moe than girls lol
OP's OP does sound pretty ignorant. "I have no idea why I like it but usually I watch mostly seinen anime". This is obviously implying that moe isn't seinen. Most moe is seinen, although there is some shounen moe (like Lucky Star and Joshiraku) and some shoujo moe (like Sabagebu! and Aikatsu). Yuru Yuri targets all four demographics (not kodomomuke for obvious reasons).

I still mostly watch moe, depending on the definition. If romance like Toradora!, magical girl like Shugo Chara!, SoL like K-On!, and other cute anime like Railgun all fall under the umbrella of moe then that's pretty much all I watch. If we're using "moe" as a more specific term to refer to high school girl comedy slice of life kawaii anime then it wouldn't be my favourite genre but is still something I watch every once in a while.
Jul 31, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2015
i watch everything except shonen ai/yaoi
Jul 31, 2016 10:23 AM
Apr 2016
I'm more of an action and adventure genre type of guy so it's a rarity

Jul 31, 2016 10:25 AM

Oct 2014
JoshuaJones16 said:
I'm more of an action and adventure genre type of guy so it's a rarity
Action and adventure moe is the best kind of moe. Cardcaptor Sakura and A Certain Scientific Railgun are two great action and/or adventure moe anime.
Jul 31, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Not much because I can't stand moe anime that has fanservice or yuri undertones in characters that are clearly made to be cute, specially if lolis.

Last season's Sansha Sanyou was the closest to a moe anime that I can enjoy without worrying much about that.
Jul 31, 2016 10:32 AM
Jan 2013
147/50

Sasuga MAL! You make me proud
gone bai bai
Jul 31, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
Mkim said:
147/50

votes are outnumbered 3:1 now :3

cool
Jul 31, 2016 10:46 AM
Jan 2013
Lobinde said:
Mkim said:
147/50

votes are outnumbered 3:1 now :3

cool
What a place to be and what a time to be alive
gone bai bai
Jul 31, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2011
Did anybody say moe?
I am here for the plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 31, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2016
The whole 'moe factor' in itself, not really. But if the show has a good plot, I'll watch it.

Puella Magi Magica Madoka was pretty good, that's actually probably really the only 'moe' I've watched though honestly. I don't go out of my way to watch them.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jul 31, 2016 12:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Mamster-P said:
OP's OP does sound pretty ignorant. "I have no idea why I like it but usually I watch mostly seinen anime". This is obviously implying that moe isn't seinen. Most moe is seinen, although there is some shounen moe (like Lucky Star and Joshiraku) and some shoujo moe (like Sabagebu! and Aikatsu). Yuru Yuri targets all four demographics (not kodomomuke for obvious reasons).

I still mostly watch moe, depending on the definition. If romance like Toradora!, magical girl like Shugo Chara!, SoL like K-On!, and other cute anime like Railgun all fall under the umbrella of moe then that's pretty much all I watch. If we're using "moe" as a more specific term to refer to high school girl comedy slice of life kawaii anime then it wouldn't be my favourite genre but is still something I watch every once in a while.

Yea most moe targets guys, even moe like love live! have huge male fanbases bigger than the girls. And yea plenty of moe are seinen like bakuon! Lol

Im pretty sure more guys watched Sailormoon than girls as well

Anyway I love moe as much as ecchi, it's just one is fappable and the other isnt
Jul 31, 2016 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
I don't actively go looking for them, no, but I have watched more than a few.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 28, 2017 10:58 PM
Mar 2017
Most moe anime that I know of is targeted towards an adult/late teen male demographic.
I don't exactly know why this is, but I love moe as well.
Why for me?
Because typically the anime is lighthearted and cute.
Still not sure why mostly guys like me see that though.
I just guess demographical interests are shifting now a days.
Apr 29, 2017 12:32 AM

Jul 2016
Bitch, one of my favorites is Dog Days (going to rewatch it) and I'm getting this figure of Millhiore desu.

Apr 29, 2017 12:34 AM

Nov 2011
Cardcaptor Sakura is great, so yeah.

'Reminds me that I still need to watch the greatest anime of all time, K-On!.

jal90 said:
2Handed_Cutlass said:
Can't stand the moe genre. The fact that its so popular is mind-boggling to me. Grown men liking to watch little girls running around on the screen doing cute things is not something that I find cool or entertaining to watch. Gets even more annoying when it starts seeping into the genres that I actually like.

But, but you are watching the girls, not the grown men.

This made me laugh so much.

Thank you.
Apr 29, 2017 12:39 AM

Apr 2017
Inflicting myself drawn to cuteness. I got lure into the trap.

Of Course. But sometimes It's kinda too much. Some new shows are just keeping popping out of nowhere. and no plot at all Just girls doing cute stuff as always.

TBH Moeblob is indeed bothersome.

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 29, 2017 3:11 AM

Mar 2015
Moe anime are mostly seinen targeted at us guys, though.
Also, nice necro thread:
Apr 29, 2017 3:27 AM

Feb 2016
2Handed_Cutlass said:
Can't stand the moe genre. The fact that its so popular is mind-boggling to me. Grown men liking to watch little girls running around on the screen doing cute things is not something that I find cool or entertaining to watch. Gets even more annoying when it starts seeping into the genres that I actually like.

basically this. If I wanted to watch stuff of that kind I would just go to the nearest kindergarten.
The exception would be mahou shoujo but I wouldnt really care if they were boys/adults and I dont watch much of it either way. Its just the fact that most authors forced to rely on 'moe' to pull in an audience are probably failing(incapable of creating a good show) in all the other aspects.
SpaghettiSpikeApr 29, 2017 3:30 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Apr 29, 2017 3:44 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Isn't moe stuff usually targeted towards guys to begin with

But yeah, I do. Cute is justice. Under the hypothetical scenario where I was forced to abandon being an ecchifag then I'd most definitely head towards moe as my new favorite type to watch. My favorite thing about anime is the cute girls and the only thing I feel puts that at the absolute forefront as well as ecchi would be SoL CGDCT moestuff, so it's an obvious second choice. I'm just a bit pervy so I lean towards the former.
ManabanApr 29, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 29, 2017 3:46 AM

Nov 2013
yes, what i like the most in anime is cute girls, so moe is always welcome lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 29, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2009
DEGOZAURUS said:
2Handed_Cutlass said:

basically this. If I wanted to watch stuff of that kind I would just go to the nearest kindergarten.

I'm pretty sure I would get arrested if I would just randomly go watching kindergarten.
Besides, anime kindergarten is condensing about a week worth of fun into a single episode.
Apr 29, 2017 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
DEGOZAURUS said:
2Handed_Cutlass said:

To watch grown men? You are misfiring a little here.

Also, I thought we had this thread only one year ago, I specifically remembered the answer that @TripleSRank quoted as something I said a few months or a year back. Weird. There have been so many moe discussions that my brain is starting to mix them up.
Apr 29, 2017 7:13 AM

Jul 2009
Yes, and I'm not even afraid to admit that I have K-On! among my favorites lol.
Apr 29, 2017 7:20 AM
EcchiConnoisser

May 2016
Personally don't care what sub-genre of anime it is if I enjoy it I watch it. Don't like segregating titles into sub-genres, same with music and movies. I watch what I like.
Apr 29, 2017 7:31 AM

Aug 2016
I can usually enjoy moe aspects in an anime (unless it feels out of place), and I don't have anything against watching moe anime.
I have previously picked up anime because i found some part of it adorable, it just isn't a thing I typically look for in anime.
*sips tea*
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

13 by Teirayo »»
4 seconds ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

28 by AxiaG »»
5 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 2 hours ago

11 by Jozuwa-_- »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

60 by Teirayo »»
9 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

26 by LostSpectre »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.