Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Who's the ONE from School Days that you hate the most?

Jan 7, 2009 5:20 PM

This is the ultimate thread of the School Days anime character hating. Post who'sthe most annoying or simply hated character(s) by you.

Jan 7, 2009 5:22 PM

Setsuna is my least favorite out of all the characters in School days, and I don't really like any of them to begin with.

Jan 18, 2009 11:34 PM

Rewatched some scenes again to confirm something about Makoto:
I think the one who designed Makoto's personality/character development made some serious flaws. There's many contradiction in his personality like when he silently watch Sekai suffering in front of his eyes when in other cases he would at least can be a bit troubled(ep 12) or the thing at the end where he thinks that he made Kotonoha suffer greatly while he don't seem to be know that Sekai suffers. I think Makoto's parents seriously almost taught him nothing from relationships and emphaty...not too mention that even he never got some "accidentaly"(seeing some TV can give you a minimum knowledge...Makoto not having even this level). Considering this i am wondering why he's so popular and why he has a friend...maybe the friend understandable(some kind of childhood friend) but Makoto's popularity a mystery for me. Anyways he's the No. 2 most hated School Days anime character(next to the selfish princess-syndrome Kotonoha)

Jan 20, 2009 7:49 PM

Makoto. I would never treat a girl like he did. What he got in the end is what he deserved.

Jan 23, 2009 3:58 AM
Man like seriously i hate almost all the characters in "school days", all the girls are like stupid n shyt (especially kotonoha) and the guys are way beyond jst being perverted.

Makoto got wat he deserved in da end, but i rather see him suffer more (since i hated the K U N T real bad)

Mar 21, 2009 5:11 AM

Takundazwa said:
Man like seriously i hate almost all the characters in "school days", all the girls are like stupid n shyt (especially kotonoha) and the guys are way beyond jst being perverted.

Makoto got wat he deserved in da end, but i rather see him suffer more (since i hated the K U N T real bad)

you got that right dude..!!
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Mar 21, 2009 5:13 AM

OtakuTeen said:
Makoto. I would never treat a girl like he did. What he got in the end is what he deserved.

But I think it's all sekai's fault because she swapped seat with setsuna... I think if that never happened setsuna got makoto on her own..

and sekai never fell with Makoto
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Mar 23, 2009 7:10 AM

But it's not her fault...or not only hers. In practiceall 3 protagonists' fault.
About the seat thing. It's not Sekai fault...if she known this before...then yes.
And it's the same with Makoto: If he takes that picture even one day later or Sekai didn't notice that then We've got an interesting Makoto-Sekai development without Kotonoha.

But sometimes totally innocent things can turn others into vile as the time passes.

Mar 23, 2009 10:37 AM

Makoto. Just ugh.

Mar 23, 2009 10:40 AM

I don't hate any of them.

Mar 27, 2009 5:39 PM

I so saw this coming xD. I hate all of the characters, but, really I don't hate Makoto all that much when I think about it. He was a desperate teenager. What he did was expected and justified by puberty.

Mar 30, 2009 11:55 AM

O.M.G.
"justified by puberty"
wow.
Seriously?
Only characters I hated in this anime is.. Makoto (how many girls does he have sex with? While "unofficially" going out with Sekai? Remember that Sekai had sex with him like.. five times a day?)

oh yea, and Taisuke, for "raping" Kotonoha.. I mean.. it was her first time.. and she was in shock, and she kept MUTTERING Makoto's name.. yet he goes and has one-sided sex with her, only for lust(Taisuke only liked her because she has big breasts and cute?)

Sekai.. she's justified.. I mean.. a guy she loves, yet she has to give him away.. but she can't really do that, can she?

Kotonoha is just the victim here. It was her first time dating, and she wanted to go slow. She actually loved Makoto, and because of that, she goes crazy when Makoto throws her away for his lust and has sex with Sekai, because he can't wait to have sex.

Otome, Setsuna.. nothing wrong with them to begin with actually.. they just wanted to be with the guy they loved.

Hikari - WTF? Why the hell did she have sex with him... at the end of the anime, they just throw all the random girls for Makoto to have sex with for some reason...

Apr 4, 2009 10:32 PM

Sure makoto is an utterly awful human being, but honestly. Sekai brutally murders him in cold blood because he refuses to take care of the child that she lied about conceiving. Had she actually been pregnant I would have been much more sympathetic, although stabbing him to death is still a bit much, it would be something that permanently fucked her life up. Also, since she liked him in the first place, she should not have A) set him up with kotonoha; B) kissed him (entirely her) after doing such; C) took it further than that and making the initial move to do so herself. She really does set alot if not all of the horrible events in the show into motion and is a total fucking psycho, whereas Makoto is just a sociopath and the weakest willed main character in history.

Apr 5, 2009 5:30 AM

Wrong...all 3 main characters set this chatastrphe up.
-Makoto with his damn indecisiveness and later his heartless behaviour and idiocity.
-Sekai:her lack of self-confidence at first and her mad love of Makoto(that thing even blinded her froom the facts).
-Kotonoha:Her naiveness and dreamyness(that later turned to insanity)

Notice:Sekai WAS pregnant. The thing Kotonoha said was just plainly her insane belief.

Apr 5, 2009 5:32 AM

wow o.o'
most of the votes goes to Makoto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]

Apr 5, 2009 5:56 AM

Where's the "all" option?

Apr 5, 2009 6:30 AM

Why? Which character you hate the MOST. It's the opposite of the favourite character polls. Many viewers have the same oppinion as yours, but perhaps there's alway a special someone in the show you hate the most doesn't it??

Apr 17, 2009 10:23 AM

Definitely Makoto. D:.

Apr 22, 2009 5:12 AM

Makoto!!Because he is a cheater..And I think I kinda hate Kotonoha!!And my fave is Sekai..I don't care what she did on Makoto,He totally deserves it!!If Makato was my BF I will do the same...or not XDD..Kidding!

But definitely Makato..The one I really hate..He an annoying BUSTER =3

Mai; Inactive. Ta-tah!

Apr 22, 2009 5:20 AM

lol i don't really see any BIG reason to hate makoto, i mean yeah he cheated, sure he two timed yes, he was a baddie whatever BUT! who started it? hmn? who? it was SEKAI! that weirdo freako love struck bitc... female dog!

i mean you saw how makoto was when the series just started he was just a NORMAL, NON-SEX ADDICT boy having a NORMAL crush on a D-cu... beautiful girl and that would have went sailing peacfully if sekai didn't put weird perverted thoughts that triggered makoto

don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with liking some guy who likes another girl but... JUST.DON'TCROSS.THE.EFFING.LINE! dammit!

Apr 22, 2009 5:27 AM

willyvereb said:
-Makoto with his damn indecisiveness and later his heartless behaviour and idiocity.
-Sekai:her lack of self-confidence at first and her mad love of Makoto(that thing even blinded her froom the facts).

Notice:Sekai WAS pregnant. The thing Kotonoha said was just plainly her insane belief.
no actually, i believe sekai WAS NOT pregnant, the pregnancy was just a stupid excuse to have makoto look at her again besides if she really was pregnant why won't she go to the hospital with makoto? answer: she doesn't have a baby to show

lol feel free to correct me if i'm wrong and i don't know effin why i am so strong about his topic +__+

Apr 22, 2009 6:46 AM

The problem I have with this show is that everyone always seems to jump up and blame Makoto for all the things and problems that happened, when he is not the main cause. He has a lot of the responsibility but he was a "normal" male teenager in the beginning of the show, we think about sex a lot when we hit that point in our life, and our first relationship after we hit that point is normally very awkwardly filled with us trying to get some. However, I've never known anyone who got so absorbed/addicted to sex like this man did, and I think it is all Sekai's fault that he ended up that way. Not sticking with her (wether she was lying about being pregnant or not) was a bitch move, but not something that is worth killing someone for. Therefore, my most hated character is Sekai.

Apr 22, 2009 7:33 PM

i despise makoto the most, he is such a weak minded guy, a dont-know-what-to-do-guy who is oversexed. Cheating is wrong, oke, but it is still understandable if both really love the eachother. however don't twotime!!! (i am definitely not saying that cheating is oke) Makoto should have dumped Kotonoha long time ago, since he didnt love her anymore! Makoto already made clear that he prefers sekai over kotonoha, so he should stop being a coward and be more decisive. Many people are saying that they hate Sekai, but she is also just a victim. it is sometimes hard to control your own feelings and she truly loves makoto. She also knew that what she was doing was wrong, but Makoto that bastard just told/convinced her that there was nothing wrong about it. furthermore, she first just wanted to help Makoto because she loves him, probably just a "as long as he is happy" kind of attitude. however it was too hard for her since she really loves him.
The person i sympathize and pity the most is kotonoha. she is the most innocent one and the true victim. because of Makoto, a pure and innocent girl was driven into insanity, she was even kind of "raped". i really feel sorry for this girl. in the last chapter when sekai and kotonoha were standing in the rooftop i really hoped they could kill each other. It is so sad that Kotonoha still has to live on. it would have been better if they mutually stabbed each other. now only kotonoha has to live on as a sinner. It is all Makoto's fault to begin with. You could blame the situation or others, but if he was firm enough instead of indecisive all the time, many awkward things wouldn't have happened. it is all because he gave in to different temptations!
last thing i want to point out is that i really believe that sekai was pregnant. the fact that Kotonoha couldnt found anything is because Sekai's pregnancy was still in an early stage, probably one or two months. So it would be impossible if not really hard for Kotonoha to discover the fetus inside the slashed body. Think about it, why would she sometimes suddenly have the urge to puke? and how did she recover so fast/suddenly from her depression? she must have been pregnant
Modified by vyaete, Apr 22, 2009 7:38 PM

Apr 22, 2009 7:34 PM
dmneyeskyo said:
The problem I have with this show is that everyone always seems to jump up and blame Makoto for all the things and problems that happened, when he is not the main cause. He has a lot of the responsibility but he was a "normal" male teenager in the beginning of the show, we think about sex a lot when we hit that point in our life, and our first relationship after we hit that point is normally very awkwardly filled with us trying to get some. However, I've never known anyone who got so absorbed/addicted to sex like this man did, and I think it is all Sekai's fault that he ended up that way. Not sticking with her (wether she was lying about being pregnant or not) was a bitch move, but not something that is worth killing someone for. Therefore, my most hated character is Sekai.
Amen bro. Finally someone else who shares my view.

Apr 22, 2009 7:41 PM

DarkBusterCloud said:
dmneyeskyo said:
Amen bro. Finally someone else who shares my view.

Sekai was just a girl in love and people who are in love sometimes do strange things. Makoto however was someone who's actions were caused by his own selfish lusts. Makoto being blamed and held responsible for the drama is therefore justified in my views. he should have never gave in to the temptations.

Apr 22, 2009 7:55 PM
Uhh just because your in love doesn't mean you should do stupid things. I could rant on this for hours but I hate having deep discussions on forums. Also Makoto was a young male of course he's gonna have selfish desires. I won't try and say your opinion is stupid or anything because everyone has a different view.

Although I am tired of a lot of the viewers talking about how much they hate Makoto because he's a "cheater"

Always gets on my nerves.

Apr 22, 2009 8:15 PM

DarkBusterCloud said:
Uhh just because your in love doesn't mean you should do stupid things. I could rant on this for hours but I hate having deep discussions on forums. Also Makoto was a young male of course he's gonna have selfish desires. I won't try and say your opinion is stupid or anything because everyone has a different view.

Although I am tired of a lot of the viewers talking about how much they hate Makoto because he's a "cheater"

Being a young male and having selfish desires does not rectify the fact that at a certain time he was only yearning for sex and only sex, causing many people to hate him. there are many reasons why some1 cheats and cheating doesnt necessarily make someone being hated. however Makoto's way of cheating is (in my view) just despicable. he became such a cold guy, ditching one girl after another, only using them to satisfy his desires.

Apr 22, 2009 8:19 PM
vyaete said:
DarkBusterCloud said:

Being a young male and having selfish desires does not rectify the fact that at a certain time he was only yearning for sex and only sex, causing many people to hate him. there are many reasons why some1 cheats and cheating doesnt necessarily make someone being hated. however Makoto's way of cheating is (in my view) just despicable. he became such a cold guy, ditching one girl after another, only using them to satisfy his desires.
Dude I think you should realize by now that almost every girl in the show was a slut.

Apr 22, 2009 9:00 PM

DarkBusterCloud said:
vyaete said:
DarkBusterCloud said:

Dude I think you should realize by now that almost every girl in the show was a slut.

haha well that is certainly true, if you look it in that way, makoto may be somehow justified/forgiven, though not totally

Apr 27, 2009 10:36 AM
Kotonoha. Although I hate Makoto just as much.

Sekai was quite insane nearing the end of the show but Kotonoha was consistently a crazy bitch all the way through.

And regardless of whether Sekai was actually pregnant or not (if she wasn't it makes her quite insane... if she actually was, well we'll never know), Makoto had no way of knowing and his behavior towards someone supposedly bearing his baby was extremely douche-like.

Best character was Sawanaga!

Apr 27, 2009 10:12 PM

narami said:
willyvereb said:

no actually, i believe sekai WAS NOT pregnant, the pregnancy was just a stupid excuse to have makoto look at her again besides if she really was pregnant why won't she go to the hospital with makoto? answer: she doesn't have a baby to show

lol feel free to correct me if i'm wrong and i don't know effin why i am so strong about his topic +__+

No...Makoto and Kotonoha pretty much suggested to her that she must abort the baby. And with Makoto? When they mention something like that? Never.
About Makoto: He was spineless all the time...even by the standards of an average student. Perhaps the thing that both girls spoiled him strenghtened that.

Apr 29, 2009 10:02 AM

Setsuna is actually my favorite...she is teh only one who wasnt s stupid whore..i mean she loved makoto but she wanted to keep it to herself so yeah O:

I hated hikari like really bad >.<
Xplicit said:
Setsuna is my least favorite out of all the characters in School days, and I don't really like any of them to begin with.

May 11, 2009 3:30 AM

Who would hate Setsuna? All she wants is the happyness of her friend. Shes my fave, the most level headed of any harcter in the series.

May 11, 2009 4:42 AM
i sware makoto deserves to get stabbed ... if my boyfriend andrew cheats on me i will stab him

Jul 1, 2009 9:54 AM

as the creator of the poll and the topic I have an announcement. Makoto's hate-count has reached 69!
Just for fun.

Jul 1, 2009 10:15 AM
All of them fucking suck. My hate is equal for them all.

Jul 4, 2009 4:20 PM

I stalled/dropped this for like 7or8 months after episode 3. That line Makoto says at the end of episode 3 being the reason, after seeing it i was too annoyed to continue.

"Being around Kotonoha is...tiring"

That line caused my immense hatred of the guy(I voted for him). When i finally decided to watch it trying to get my list down today(04/07/09) i went into it with i dont want to watch this kind of attitude. At first it continued quite well, far more easy going and my anger remained quite low until he started cheating on Sekai. Sekai was my favourite character, the one i liked the most, the one i hoped he would end up with(dispite hating his guts).

As for where the blame lies 90% has to lie with Makoto. His cheating, and treatment of Sekai and Kotonoha whom he loved, is what caused our hatred and what drove those two insane. That line i quoted from episode 3, had he not felt like that, he would of stayed with Kotonoha to begin with, and everything would of gone well, as he shouldnt of had the feeling of leaving her and cheating, which became easier and easier for him as things went on, the cheating i mean.

As for Sekai, had she done a few things differently maybe the events we see by the end wouldnt have happened. About the only real thing she did, was the setting up of Kotonoha with Makoto, which failed because of Makoto's personality. Had she been honest with her feelings, and told him to begin with, instead of putting the two of them together things would of played out somewhat differently but we can only guess to whether or not they would of got together.
At any rate once things started to go wrong, being Makoto ignoring Kotonoha and aiming for Sekai instead, she tries to resist dispite her feelings, always saying they cant because he is with Kotonoha. As he breaks her resistance down, and they end up together she feels guilty and frequently tries to convince him to tell Kotonoha. Setsuna however i feel interfers too much and makes matters worse and warps things between Makoto Sekai and Kotonoha further. Though most of what happens could be avoided if Makoto would of just stated his feeling clearly, to everyone, not just one person at a time. Like telling Kotonoha its over, instead of always avoiding the issue when around her, and making it seem like they are together. Telling Sekai repeatedly later on that he had told Kotonoha it was over when he hadnt.

As for Kotonoha, i feel even though she ends up the craziest of the lot, and justifibly at that, she was the biggest victim. Obviously Makoto's treatment of her. Sekai's betrayal as a friend who set her up with Makoto. How all the girls treat her as well, it doesnt do it just to say they are evil towards her. They bully her, abuse her, push her to the breaking point constantly for nothing more jealousy. Jealous of her looks, her popularity with the guys(Makoto mainly but all the guys like her as well apparently) and that she comes from a wealthy family. Overall i cant say anything bad about her, even though i liked Sekai better, Kotonoha was kind, caring, mild manored, and was victimised, and any bad things she does i cant blame her for. Most people would of broke well before she did, and far worse than she did. Anyone who has ever been bullied should well be able to understand what she goes through in that aspect.

Personally i have, i used to be quite like her(im a guy though), kind, caring, putting others before myself, just shouldering it and trying to continue as normal. Eventually i broke(3 grandparents, 1 had heart attack and died, year later, other had stroke and died, year later my last one was diognosed with cancer), admittedly people have had worse depression than i did, no suicide attempts, but had and have given up on life, frankly i dont see the point in it. My personality is now completely different, although stil a decent friend to those few i consider my true friends, my attitude towards people is generally quite harsh, blunt, and usually insulting, and i dont give a damn about anything. Although i always had an interest in computers and games, they became an all important part of my life, anime i did watch but only what aired on tv, which wasnt much, but i branched out, started watching more from buying dvds, and more still when i moved onto watching online. Anime more than anything is an essential part of my life now, which i guess is quite sad, but it doesnt bother me in the least.

At anyrate it means i can very easily sympathize with her, until his death, her insanity was merely withdrawal, avoiding the harsh world she was in. When Makoto accepted her at the end, she came back to her senses somewhat, only to find him killed. The person she loved most was dead, taking his head(his face probably not too damaged, and stil of the person she loved) was part of her withdrawal from reality again, acting as if everything was alright, but the part of her that achknowledged it seeked revenge resulting in Sekai's death.

In the end i got my wish for him to die, but i wasnt satisfied. How much Kotonoha and Sekai had been warped and suffered to the point of insanity, the fact he seemed sincere again for Kotonoha at end(was half suprised Sekai didnt kill him there and then when he makes out in front of her), all made his death leave a very empty feeling. Rating the show was hard, what the numbers stand for dont relate to how i feel about it at all, i cant say it was bad, just as i cant say it was good, it just left me with a bad feeling. All i can say is, i would never recommend this to anyone ever, and there is absolutely no chance of me ever rewatching this show.

I wonder how many will read all what i wrote, and sorry i wrote so much and some personal stuff. Feel free to pm me if you have any thoughts on the matter or about anything i wrote.
Modified by kouk2002, Jul 5, 2009 6:17 AM

Jul 8, 2009 3:09 AM

Interesting...But I think Kotonoha caused much of her pain by herself.
She isolated herself from everyone else and lived in a naive dreamword. Without Sekai knowing she opened up Kotonoha's shell. She was generally nice because it was everything she knows. Makoto became her fairy prince and she keeps being ignorant to everything that contradicts her world. I think she was crazy from the beginning, it's just that her crazyness remained in a dormant state. She can't accept Makoto cheating on her and she thinks he's under "Sekai's spell".
I think the real victim of the whole tragedy is Sekai.
she loved Makoto since a long time(at least a year) and she never had the strenght to make moves on him. Then when she gathered all her power to start it she noticed he likes another girl. She inicially planned to get close to Makoto then comfort him when he's rejected. But things turned unexpectedly and Kotonoha and Makoto got together. She remained Makoto's friend but she have to give up on him. But somehow she can't and because the things between the two didn't go too well her mask as friend began to shatter.She-mainly unconciously- "charmed" Makoto, but she tried to refuse him(despite it was the very thing she wanteded).When she got together with makoto, she rearely was happy. She was full of guilt and uncertainity.She has brief moments of happyness, but that's all. Makoto cheated on her and he cared nothing about her being pregnant.
In the end she was betrayed by everyone: by her schoolmates,by her friends, by Setsuna(her best friend) and by Makoto(the most). She betrayed many times, but she hasn't gone crazy(like "conviently" Kotonoha...who remained ignorant to everything happened to her). She faced with the betrayals in full volume in the last episode and she wanted revenge. She killed the supposed source of all her suffering, makoto. But it was more like killing herself. I bet dying really was better for her.

Don't misunderstood. I pity Kotonoha,. I pity even Makoto, but the one who suffered the most was Sekai.

Jul 8, 2009 2:59 PM

After re-reading what i wrote for Sekai, i think you filled in alot of what i should of mentioned.

Kotonoha, was more i sympathized and understood some of what i thought she must of felt. Im unsure if i would still say she was the biggest victim, as you say Sekai did indeed suffer alot herself. I think ignorant is good way to describe alot of the characters in this show. All are pretty ignorant of others feelings, Sekai and Setsuna, best friends but neither realised the others feelings. Which correct me if im wrong, but even guys usually tell their best mates if they are interested in someone, i thought girls, judging by my sister, do so even more. So to think best friends didnt realise they liked the same guy, is abit odd.

It is an interesting thought though, which causes the greatest suffering between Sekai's and Kotonoha's situations. To summerize, Kotonoha is shunned by everyone, but finally finds a friend in Sekai, and as you described it, her "prince" in Makoto. She gets betrayed by the one she loved, and the one friend she had, reducing her back to her original suffering of being shunned by everyone. After reaching her lowest point, finally gets him back, only to lose him again so quickly, when Sekai kills him.
Sekai, is more popular with people, and so when the betrayal starts, there are more people who can deliever that killing blow. As you say, her schoolmates, her best friend Setsuna, and Makoto.
As for being pregnant, to put that on a scale that can be compared, i have to mention when Kotonoha was raped(though arguably Makoto forced himself on a few of the girls, including Sekai).

Personally i believe she was pregnant, and her reason for refusing help from Makoto and kotonoha, was her feelings of betrayal and abandonment, by those two and her schoolmates. These feelings added with additional hormonal imbalance of pregancy, serve as quite a good reasoning as to why she refused help, and why she killed him(other than he deserved it). Assuming she is pregnant though, furthers her suffering when Makoto continues to cheat on her, and is as abusive as he was in that phone call at the end, when he was with Kotonaha at the restaurant. It might be just me but i thought the offer from Makoto and Kotonaha was for her get rid of the baby, or thats how it sounded to me. Without going into whether thats right or wrong(abortion) if that is what they ment, then its quite a heartless thing to say, even more so considering he is the father.

As mention about kotonoha, she might of been a little crazy from the start, the way her life was wasnt easy, and she seemed to live in her own little world. Rape is traumatic experience, i cant think of many things that could damage you mentally and physically the way this can. So for someone like Kotonoha who is already withdrawn from the real world, pushed her further, only to be rescued by Makoto, her prince. Her world starts to come together, when Sekai kills Makoto, pushing her to insanity.

Either way, it doesnt change my opinion for this poll, Makoto deserves the most hate, neither would of suffered they way they did had it not been for the way he acted, regardless of their actions.

Was nice to see a reply, and you put some good stuff in their to think about.

Jul 8, 2009 8:45 PM

Kotonoha was somewhat insane from the start. Being ignorant and unable to lose a guy she knows only for about a month and go out with him for about the same time is totally strange. I can't pity her being lonely because she chose herself that way when she ignored almost everyone and chose to live in her dreamy world.
About the "rape". In the anime it's uncertain whatever it could be classified as a rape(so Taisuke being agressive and forcefull). It seemed to me that Kotonoha didn't have the self-awerness to rationally think at all after Makoto's words of breaking up. I think she hardly even noticed it. So it being a huge shock to her isn't true.

Both Kotnoha and Sekai betrayed by everyone they treasure. But the difference is visible. Kotonoha ran away to her dream world and can't face the facts, while Sekai can't do that.Kotonoha's insanity was like a coat in winter while Sekai remained freezing naked.
The other thing that bothers me that Sekai hardly got anything back from her suffering. She almost never felt herself happy being with Makoto as his girlfriend because of various reasons(her feeling of guilt for Kotonoha, Makoto's indecisiveness, the continous betrayals, Makoto's ignorance)
I pity people who became insane, but I pity people more who remained sane in a really maddening situation(and bears it's mental scar)

Jul 12, 2009 12:44 AM

Yeh yeh im with the 60% of ppl who hate makoto but not for cheating. I hate makoto cuz he seemed like a little desperate prick. First saying that he loves her but really he just wants sex. The second he got a taste of it from the "special training" he jumps right for her. He then says he wants to be with Sekai but really it was just for the sex because the second he got offered by his middle school friend, he took it. As soon as he knows he can get it, he takes it without any consideration. But then again that goes for most men especially at his age.

What pissed me off was that he was two timing even though he decided that he wanted to be with sekai

Yes im a sekai fan ^^

vyaete said:
Being a young male and having selfish desires does not rectify the fact that at a certain time he was only yearning for sex and only sex, causing many people to hate him. there are many reasons why some1 cheats and cheating doesnt necessarily make someone being hated. however Makoto's way of cheating is (in my view) just despicable. he became such a cold guy, ditching one girl after another, only using them to satisfy his desires.Correction: re-used to satisfy his desires, i didnt see any ditching
DarkBusterCloud said:

I agree with the quotes in red.
Modified by DrinkMyCrumbs, Jul 12, 2009 4:08 AM
Needs more Drill Hair.

Jul 12, 2009 1:02 AM

Motoharu said:
wow o.o'
most of the votes goes to Makoto

Are you surprised?
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

Jul 12, 2009 1:52 AM
Makoto, of course.
Though, I actually liked Kotonoha. She was just a poor victim of everyone's sexual madness. ~_~ She just wanted to take it slow and be in a nice rabu rabu desu relationship. She didn't belong in this anime. D:

Jul 15, 2009 7:37 PM

Kotonoha. Because she was the only one out the 3 mains left in the end.

Nah, is this really even a question? Of course Makoto is the worst.

oceanchan said:
Makoto, of course.
Though, I actually liked Kotonoha. She was just a poor victim of everyone's sexual madness. ~_~ She just wanted to take it slow and be in a nice rabu rabu desu relationship. She didn't belong in this anime. D:

She fit in just fine. She also made out with another guy, went mental and killed someone. She was a nice addition to the little family.

Jul 15, 2009 8:37 PM

Am I like the only one of the few who actually doesn't hate Makoto? It's a guys dream (well most of us that is) to sleep with a lot of women and be surrounded by them. I feel sorry for Makoto that he died, I wish he didn't and they could all live happily ever after. I know most people will disagree with me because they hate Makoto for cheating on his girlfriend and sleeping with other women, but I blame Kotonoha. Why? becuuse of her stupid shy personality in which she was to shy to experiment with Makoto. He eventually got bored of her because their relationship wasn't fun, romantic or exciting. I'm guessing most of the people who hate Makoto are either girls (maybe even guys), or this has happened to you before. If you were a boy you would understand Makoto's feelings but unfortunately for him he was a little too stupid to get a girl pregnant, If I were him I would have used a rubber. Makoto was driven by lust, sex was like a drug to him and the other girls were the drug dealers. Once he did it once he couldn't have enough. I also blame Sekai for this too because she's stupid. Who thinks of such a stupid plan by getting the woman he likes together just to get closer with him. If she didn't do that, they would probably still be alive at home f*ucking each other like crazy. But she would probably still get pregnant. Was she really pregnant? only the animators know. Oh and I just want to point out that I hate Makoto's friend. He is a prick for doing Kotonoha.

Jul 15, 2009 9:15 PM

According to the VN, yes. There's a similar ending where Sekai kills Makoto and she was close to giving birth to her baby at the time.(note: It was more dramatic and Makoto was more thoughtfull than in the anime)
Well, I hate Makoto for being spineless(he can't break up with Kotonoha correctly) and uncaring(he hardly bothered by Sekai being sad and then she being pregnant...actually he was annoyed by it. He has hardly any sense of guilt)
It's ture there's quite a few pople like him, but they have the brains to play it out nicely. Makoto was dumb. Not to mention people generally hate those who only uses the people without thinking about them. No matter how common is it, it's a bad thing.
Anyways I hated Kotonoha more, because she was a self-centered girl who lived in a dream world. If Makoto's the worst kind of man then Kotonoha's the worst kind of girl. Clingy, out of reallity and has skyhigh expectations. She don't cared about the world too much or about the people. She was damn introverted.

Don't misunderstood, sekai has her own faults and she made manymistakes, but she has social life, brains, a bit of selflessnes and conscience(+sense of guilt) in contrast with the other two.
3 of them made an unfortunate mix for love triangle and on the top of it unfortunate events happened. That lead into the tragedy in the end.

Aug 3, 2009 1:01 PM

I really only hate Makoto. i mean everything else people did i can find believable and not completely despicable. I have absolutely no problem with Sekai because she felt so bad for what she was doing to Kotonoha. I feel that Makoto is the real villain here because even though he did feel bad (for a while at least and then he just started spraying it everywhere...) he did not do what needed to be done and chose one and break up with the other. He brought this upon himself by sleeping around and not ending his relationship with Kotonoha when he should have. Despite some of your peoples hate of Sekai i wish she had not died. She felt actual remorse for what she had done... and then was betrayed in an even more horrible way then Kotonoha was. I mean she was f#$%ing pregnant...

Makoto is a horrible human. He deserves his place in hell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Aug 6, 2009 3:03 PM

I was so happy when Makoto got owned at the end :P I started to hate him so much -_-'

Aug 10, 2009 11:52 AM
Uh, of course Makoto is the most despicable character. But I also feel sorry for Kotonoha, because Sekai did act like a bitch stealing a guy from her. I mean, come on, special training? The most... erm... mean thing to do is seducing a guy, whose girlfriend seems so delicate and sensitive. Having said that, the third point goes to Kotonoha's classmates - those who teased her and treated like trash on the festival. Well, I guess they did have a point "He's not going out with you anymore".

Aug 11, 2009 6:49 PM

To be honest, I hate everyone >.<''

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »