Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How can 'Attack on Titan' contain only 25 episodes if the manga is still ongoing?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 14, 2013 12:15 AM

Jun 2013
OneGreatWeek said:
I'm planning on watching 'Attack on Titan,' but noticed that the manga is still ongoing with the anime series stating that there will be 25 episodes.
How is that possible?
i would ask you why Gantz had 380 issues of manga and 24 episodes of anime or how Deadman Wonderland is ongoing with 50 issues each with 45 pages only got 12 anime episodes. :( the anime world is sad and unfair sometimes. Although the Shingeki no Kyojin anime is more popular than those are at this point.
Jul 14, 2013 12:15 AM
Feb 2013
Obviously it would end on either two ways: 1) Make an original ending or 2) Make it a cliffhanger ending which will force you to read the manga afterwards.

....most likely #2.
Jul 14, 2013 6:16 AM

Jun 2012
OneGreatWeek said:
I'm planning on watching 'Attack on Titan,' but noticed that the manga is still ongoing with the anime series stating that there will be 25 episodes.
How is that possible?

welcome to the world of anime & manga. where animes either

a) follow the manga closely (and most of the time get more than one season)
b) the producers screw the anime up in the last few episode and end it with an "anime-original ending" (as can be seen in "Claymore")
c) end with some kind of major cliffhanger which will be there for all of eternity (if the anime/novel/manga sales weren't good enough)
Jul 14, 2013 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
Because by continue airing with the manga they will end up like Naruto and Bleach. You question is quite retarded actually. When they have more material they will make another season. Simple as that. why did Harry Potter made movies while more books where still written?
Jul 14, 2013 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
my guess is that they will leave it at a cliffhanger leaving an opening for a second season. The possibility of and origional ending has decresed a lot since the show has gotten so popular(and the manga readers would have a fit if that happened).
Jul 14, 2013 9:10 AM
Jul 2013
Actually, the scriptwriter denied making an original ending, but she also said they would make it suitable for the final episode.
Jul 24, 2013 8:07 PM
May 2013
Miaquamarine said:
Yeah, seeing how well it's doing (both anime- and manga-wise), I would say they're going to go for a second season that still follows the manga. It'll have a break, to allow the manga to get exceptionally ahead again, and then pick back up.. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. I would love to see all that's transpired throughout the manga series animated. (Please no anime-original wrap-up ending.)

Yeah, I agree right there.
Jul 24, 2013 8:13 PM

May 2013
Surely this will have a season 2 because of the sales it gets, but it depends if they will follow the manga or make a original anime ending. But i hope so this gets a sequel :3
Tch.
Jul 24, 2013 10:00 PM

Apr 2010
ZeroAkito said:
OneGreatWeek said:
How is that possible?

welcome to the world of anime & manga. where animes either

a) follow the manga closely (and most of the time get more than one season)
b) the producers screw the anime up in the last few episode and end it with an "anime-original ending" (as can be seen in "Claymore")
c) end with some kind of major cliffhanger which will be there for all of eternity (if the anime/novel/manga sales weren't good enough)

d) don't follow the source material whatsoever
Jul 26, 2013 3:05 AM

Apr 2010
Season 2 will come.
Because chapter 42 is the best chapter
Jul 26, 2013 3:10 AM

Jul 2013
Tavor said:
Just wait for Attack on Titan: Brotherhood.

Epic reply...
Jul 26, 2013 3:57 AM
Oct 2010
It will just end on a cliffhanger, like all the episodes and manga does. Anyone who knows the source material could probably guess the place it will most likely stop.
GD1551Jul 26, 2013 4:29 AM
Jul 26, 2013 4:25 AM

Aug 2008
Jul 26, 2013 5:49 AM

Jan 2013
I've heard the anime ends when

If so, it will be the greatest season ending cliffhanger in anime history.
Jul 26, 2013 8:57 AM

Dec 2009
So without spoiling anything, is the manga anywhere close to finishing or is there still no end in sight?
Jul 26, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2011
Scython said:
So without spoiling anything, is the manga anywhere close to finishing or is there still no end in sight?

Nope, it's a long road to the manga ends
Jul 26, 2013 9:00 AM

Mar 2013
Scython said:

Not even close. It's getting interesting but Eren has yet to arrive at the basement.
Jul 26, 2013 10:07 AM
Oct 2010
SolviteSekai said:
I've heard the anime ends when

If so, it will be the greatest season ending cliffhanger in anime history.

At the pace it's currently moving at.. I highly doubt this.

Jul 26, 2013 10:43 AM

Dec 2008
Attack on Titan ~After Story~
Jul 26, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2012
Yakub said:
Yakub said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Don't worry. There will probably be another season.

Almost definitely. Way too popular for there not too be.

Fullmetal Alchemist was pretty much THE anime of 2003, and we all saw how that went.
Aug 31, 2013 8:49 AM
Aug 2013
First of all, anime remakes for series with original endings like fma brotherhood rarely ever happen.

in my personal opinion the manga has enough chapters for a second season, not to mention 2 spin-offs: 'before the fall' & ' a choice with no regrets'. that means we get 3 attack on titan chapters a month. if those were to be adapted then we the anime won't catch up so easily.

simply put, if we have 25 episode seasons each year, and adapt the spin-offs the manga won't catch up. the only downside is the pacing will still be slow and that we have to wait in between seasons
Aug 31, 2013 8:53 AM
Aug 2013
Moekou said:

Fullmetal Alchemist was pretty much THE anime of 2003, and we all saw how that went.

that was a different case. attack on titan is more further than what fma what was at the time.
Aug 31, 2013 5:59 PM
Dec 2010
You can bet your arse there will be more seasons of this anime. The amount of popularity it's gained in various different countries is crazy, they would be insane to end episode 25 with an anime only ending.
Aug 31, 2013 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
Shocked said:
- Anime-original ending
- Season two
- Cliffhanger
Aug 31, 2013 6:10 PM

Nov 2007
You must be new here.
Aug 31, 2013 6:21 PM

Aug 2012
cafekun said:
You must be new here.

What???? Are you sure?!
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 31, 2013 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
It will probably end on Chapter 34 for it to wrap things nicely

It's currently on Chapter 48 and we'd need at least more 20 chaps in order for them to animate a new season without running out of chapters to animate and then having to FMA-it. As it is a manga in a monthly magazine, that means at least 2 years give or take. I think we'll be having a Attack on Titan Season 2 by mid-2016 so you all better start reading the manga or wait for one hell of a wait.
Aug 31, 2013 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
why would they give it a original anime ending when the mangas not dumb are you stupid
why would they follow it 100% and do a original anime ending when they can do a season 2 lol
Aug 31, 2013 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
If they don't want an anime original ending they really are just better off doing movie sequels. This way they can at least release it once a year or every 6-8 months.

Calumz said:
why would they give it a original anime ending when the mangas not dumb are you stupid
why would they follow it 100% and do a original anime ending when they can do a season 2 lol

It happens a lot. There isn't a lot of manga material is why and it takes forever for them to make more. Especially for a monthly. Claymore went down this route. It was faithful for about 23 episodes and then the last 3 they changed everything up.
hyperknees91Aug 31, 2013 7:15 PM
Aug 31, 2013 7:31 PM

Apr 2009
hyperknees91 said:
If they don't want an anime original ending they really are just better off doing movie sequels. This way they can at least release it once a year or every 6-8 months.

Calumz said:

It happens a lot. There isn't a lot of manga material is why and it takes forever for them to make more. Especially for a monthly. Claymore went down this route. It was faithful for about 23 episodes and then the last 3 they changed everything up.

but after theres enough manga they carry it on , u people are so negative theres not gunna be a original anime ending theres no reason for it and there would be rage
Aug 31, 2013 9:08 PM

May 2011
had you watched an anime before ? and what's with that ? anyways it's impossible to animate more than 25 episode with this quality.. well, they wont be able to do that even if they want because the lake of the materials.. the manga isn't that far from the anime,,

Tavor said:
Just wait for Attack on Titan: Brotherhood.

you mean a remake ? what's with that,, ;)
Aug 31, 2013 9:33 PM

Mar 2012
The only possibility of a immediate (not in the next 2+ years) sequel with the rate the manga's going is for them to go with what they are planning to due with the final episode and make the series into movies. Of course, that will mean goodbye to good character development, if they rush the plot...
Sep 1, 2013 3:05 AM

Feb 2012
25 episode only

-because of the budget
-not enough manga material to base on
-you can donate few million yen so that they can animate more.. making the animation more awesome
Sep 1, 2013 3:20 AM

Jun 2012
It seems to me that an anime original ending would be a completely stupid move. This show is far too popular, i think anyway, what do i know? I, and many others would be pissed if they went anime original route. Too bad it's a monthly manga really, i also hope they don't go down the film route. Have you fucking seen the berserk films?

And to answer the OPs question, i ummm, what?
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 1, 2013 3:20 AM

May 2013
Calumz said:
hyperknees91 said:

Calumz said:

but after theres enough manga they carry it on , u people are so negative theres not gunna be a original anime ending theres no reason for it and there would be rage

As people have already said, not enough manga chapters to produce more eps. Sure the manga is ongoing, but once the anime catches up to where the manga is up to they'll have to stop somehow since the manga only gets a monthly release hence why a lot of people are thinking it'll have an anime only ending.
Sep 1, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
jimbob1141 said:
It seems to me that an anime original ending would be a completely stupid move. This show is far too popular, i think anyway, what do i know? I, and many others would be pissed if they went anime original route. Too bad it's a monthly manga really, i also hope they don't go down the film route. Have you fucking seen the berserk films?

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT IN THIS HOUSE.

But seriously, I highly doubt itll end anime original, all pacing points to the defeat of the Female Titan being the ending....and a bit after to create a cliffhanger for Season 2, as well as completely destroying peoples minds with a 2-3 year wait.
Sep 1, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2013
Katsuro-chan said:
jimbob1141 said:

But seriously, I highly doubt itll end anime original, all pacing points to the defeat of the Female Titan being the ending....and a bit after to create a cliffhanger for Season 2, as well as completely destroying peoples minds with a 2-3 year wait.

Read the manga then. I did that, and I'm still enjoying the series as much as reading the manga. Suffer the monthly wait like the rest of us instead of years.

Hopefully they make something with the Before the Fall prequel, that should keep people occupied. I'm not really fretting anything here, just the mere idea of an anime original ending.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 1, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2012
HalfMetalJacket said:
Katsuro-chan said:
jimbob1141 said:

Read the manga then. I did that, and I'm still enjoying the series as much as reading the manga. Suffer the monthly wait like the rest of us instead of years.

Hopefully they make something with the Before the Fall prequel, that should keep people occupied. I'm not really fretting anything here, just the mere idea of an anime original ending.

I read C48 when it came out, don't worry. I was just being as vague as possible.
Sep 1, 2013 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
They're planning for 2 more seasons

Sep 1, 2013 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Guys,
Think about this for a second.
The final episode(s) is going to be at the Japan theaters.
Do you think it will be a filler/original anime only ending?
All I see this is going to be a cliffhanger ending
Sep 1, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2008
JustALEX said:
OP seems to be new to anime, so his somewhat dumb question can be forgiven.

^_^ hahaha.. i was expecting a lot more bashing, or 'haven't you ever watched anime before' or manga adapted series.. but apparently people are quite nice here.
Sep 1, 2013 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
Hope they would animate the prequel- Before the fall - as OVAs and expands on it while we wait 1-2 years for the 2nd season.

Sep 1, 2013 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
With all the money cashing in they'd be horribly dumb not to make a season 2. Perhaps the dvds and blurays will come out before that happens (if they haven't already, have no idea)

swoodles said:
^_^ hahaha.. i was expecting a lot more bashing, or 'haven't you ever watched anime before' or manga adapted series.. but apparently people are quite nice here.

Only on rare days...
Sep 1, 2013 9:23 AM
Nov 2012
The anime only goes so far into the story since it's excruciatingly slow paced, it's best to read the manga if you want more, and you can start from the beginning because it is in now way as horribly paced as the anime, your prior knowledge will also help you understand the plot better, though you may start to detest the anime like I did afterwards for obvious reasons...
Sep 1, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2008
Arrowhead311 said:
The anime only goes so far into the story since it's excruciatingly slow paced, it's best to read the manga if you want more, and you can start from the beginning because it is in now way as horribly paced as the anime, your prior knowledge will also help you understand the plot better, though you may start to detest the anime like I did afterwards for obvious reasons...

So you hate the anime for being a pretty much perfect adaptation save for the censorship. People like you had a mystery to be unraveled since there is no sense to be found in them
Sep 1, 2013 2:51 PM
Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Arrowhead311 said:

So you hate the anime for being a pretty much perfect adaptation save for the censorship. People like you had a mystery to be unraveled since there is no sense to be found in them

I actually loved the anime untill I read the manga, because I could forgive all the bloody re-cap fillers it has at the beginning at every god damn episode, without them there could be soo much more content in each episode but they can't do that apparently, it's just frustrating ,oh and Eren screams a tad bit too much
Sep 1, 2013 3:31 PM
Aug 2013
When you guys say "anime orig" our you talking about a OVA? if you our then to late, their coming out with a OVA in dec. Suppose to be in aug but got moved back some (Maybe they thought it would be over then?). Keep this in mind, some animes like code geass have 25 episodes and then call that the first season. And of course they came out with a second. Other animes like sword art online, only 12 episodes is the first season. then they came out with the second season for another 12 or so episodes. Deadman wonderland might get this soon.

Now the thing is most anime shows you can tell when they have a new arc or season. Since half the episodes the intro stayed the same and after 13.5 they changed. Just like SAO. Now for bleach and other anime shows after they completed it, they can still do the manga but don't mean they will come up with more episodes. As for now bleach is done. I know that some people that know a manga is selling semi well, they decide to make a anime about it just to boost up sales but have no intention on making more seasons.

It's also funny that manga spoils anime. So it's kinda funny that the minute the Japanese knows the anime is awesome they go and buy more manga. Anyway for deadman wonderland, people say their will be another season but I have seen all to well that most of the time their just boosting sales.

Anyway point is we might already be in a second seasons as any one thought about that? So whatever their doing we don't know but if the titans our explained in the last few episodes, who knows what will happen. Oh and the ova is before the titans so we will know their origin.
Sep 1, 2013 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
TassadarV said:
Calumz said:
hyperknees91 said:

Calumz said:

As people have already said, not enough manga chapters to produce more eps. Sure the manga is ongoing, but once the anime catches up to where the manga is up to they'll have to stop somehow since the manga only gets a monthly release hence why a lot of people are thinking it'll have an anime only ending.

if it has a original anime ending they won make another season and would lose money?

people will havt to wait until there's enough for another season and monthly release doesn't affect it cause there's loads of chapters in the monthly release which is basically the same as weekly

anyways i hope for a spinoff aswell
Sep 1, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
Arrowhead311 said:

I actually loved the anime untill I read the manga, because I could forgive all the bloody re-cap fillers it has at the beginning at every god damn episode, without them there could be soo much more content in each episode but they can't do that apparently, it's just frustrating ,oh and Eren screams a tad bit too much

While I noticed some differences here and there, I think your a minority. I'm having a last with the anime, it takes all the awesome from the manga and turns it into epic. The pacing is all the same in the manga anyway, its just quicker to read, thats all.

Upping the pacing would not be good for an ideal place to end the season. With an increased pace, where else can you end season one? The anime will go too fast, leading to it catching up to the manga.

IMO, the pacing and recaps are a necessary peeve. They don't take anything away from the anime IMO.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 1, 2013 8:19 PM
Aug 2013
-GiaN- said:
They're planning for 2 more seasons

Source? Just wondering if that's been confirmed.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.