Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Jun 11, 2013 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4612
It boggles my mind that anyone would actually do this, but there is actually one person I know of who says he enjoys it better at 2x speed.

What do you say?
You've come a long way, baby.
 
#2
Jun 11, 2013 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
Kimura said:
It boggles my mind that anyone would actually do this, but there is actually one person I know of who says he enjoys it better at 2x speed.

My mind has just been boggled because I am just as boggled as you are.

Sounds like it's for racking up anime in their list in a quicker time-frame.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
#3
Jun 11, 2013 11:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.
 
#4
Jun 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 163
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.


2x speed might work with DBZ also.
"From when the snow melts
To where it falls again~
"


 
#5
Jun 11, 2013 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4612
I actually did try doing this out of sheer morbid curiosity.

>chipmunk voices
>subs flying by
>music and pace ruined

Yeah, no.
You've come a long way, baby.
 
#6
Jun 11, 2013 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4412
I've rewatched stuff at 1.5x speed. 2x gets too high pitched, and the subs gets too quick too read. But if that doesn't bother you, your Dutch, and you like upbeat music, why not.
 
#7
Jun 11, 2013 12:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
RiQ said:
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.


2x speed might work with DBZ also.

Yeah, 'cause they're basically the same shit: 2-3 min OP + ED, 3-4 min recaps, 5 min still frames of land or water or something, some comedy is thrown for 2-3 minutes, something happens, more still frames of the character's expressions for 5 minutes, then an attack happens, they shout for the rest of the episode, of course, with more stills.

That's Toei for ya.
 
#8
Jun 11, 2013 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 880
Tavor said:
Sounds like it's for racking up anime in their list in a quicker time-frame.
Anyone who does anything remotely like this to rack up their anime list ... Why? Can't even string the exact words together to describe how stupid I think that is.
 
#9
Jun 11, 2013 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13535
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.


I'm doing that with One Piece right now. The Amazon Island arc, some moments in Inpel Down arc, parts of the Marineford arc and the flashback after the Marineford arc. I'll probably do the same with most of Fishman Island arc and until I fully catch up with the series. The pacing is too horrible to be watched at normal speed.

Also, the sounds aren't much of a problem. Mute it. Come to think of it, I should think of giving this a try with Bleach as well. I wanna finish that shit up quickly. My Hard Drive is running out of space.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 163
BlackSabbath said:
Tavor said:
Sounds like it's for racking up anime in their list in a quicker time-frame.
Anyone who does anything remotely like this to rack up their anime list ... Why? Can't even string the exact words together to describe how stupid I think that is.


Stupid it might be if the reason is to watch as much anime as possible. But if he genuinely enjoys watching it 2x speed, then I don't see the problem.

yhunata said:
I'll probably do the same with most of Fishman Island arc and until I fully catch up with the series


Fishman Island arc is probably the most slow paced and boring arc of the whole series. This is highly subjective, but heard from quite the many people.
"From when the snow melts
To where it falls again~
"


 
Jun 11, 2013 12:16 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2924
BlackSabbath said:
Tavor said:
Sounds like it's for racking up anime in their list in a quicker time-frame.
Anyone who does anything remotely like this to rack up their anime list ... Why? Can't even string the exact words together to describe how stupid I think that is.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13535
RiQ said:
yhunata said:
I'll probably do the same with most of Fishman Island arc and until I fully catch up with the series


Fishman Island arc is probably the most slow paced and boring arc of the whole series. This is highly subjective, but heard from quite the many people.


I've read the manga, so I know that. But thanks for the warning anyway.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
No never done it and probably never will. Don't really see the point.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
yhunata said:
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.


I'm doing that with One Piece right now. The Amazon Island arc, some moments in Inpel Down arc, parts of the Marineford arc and the flashback after the Marineford arc. I'll probably do the same with most of Fishman Island arc and until I fully catch up with the series. The pacing is too horrible to be watched at normal speed.

Also, the sounds aren't much of a problem. Mute it. Come to think of it, I should think of giving this a try with Bleach as well. I wanna finish that shit up quickly. My Hard Drive is running out of space.
You can always read the manga for a better pace. After a while after I got tired of doing that, I simply switched to the manga. It's much better, even without the voices and music.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1379
Dbz is hilarious at 2x
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13535
Candor said:
yhunata said:
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.


I'm doing that with One Piece right now. The Amazon Island arc, some moments in Inpel Down arc, parts of the Marineford arc and the flashback after the Marineford arc. I'll probably do the same with most of Fishman Island arc and until I fully catch up with the series. The pacing is too horrible to be watched at normal speed.

Also, the sounds aren't much of a problem. Mute it. Come to think of it, I should think of giving this a try with Bleach as well. I wanna finish that shit up quickly. My Hard Drive is running out of space.
You can always read the manga for a better pace. After a while after I got tired of doing that, I simply switched to the manga. It's much better, even without the voices and music.


Already have. I just need to catch up on the anime now, but the pace that most One Piece episodes goes by.... well, let's just say I've not seen much worse.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2547
Why would you do that...
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 9985
I watched 1 anime at 1.18X speed, and that was probably better, and the OP song sounded better too, much more cheery than what it was.

I was using VLC player and it was Future Boy Conan. I don't know why I did it to begin with but I just never stopped.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13535
Jauregui said:
Why would you do that...


If you ever watch One Piece, you'll find out a very good reason.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:31 PM
Knight Radiant

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4350
Did that during some episodes of F/SN.

2.0x with VLC player. There were no chipmunk voices and I was able to read the subs perfectly. Music was kinda ruined, though (not like F/SN music wasn't ruined already)
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4612
yhunata said:
Also, the sounds aren't much of a problem. Mute it.
>watching anime without sound

Yeah, no.
You've come a long way, baby.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
yhunata said:
Jauregui said:
Why would you do that...


If you ever watch One Piece, you'll find out a very good reason.
I've watched all of One Piece multiple times and never wanted to do it.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 656
When I rewatched GaoGaiGar, I fast-forwarded through the mediocre first half. Then things started to move at a more reasonable pace.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1513
I only speed my anime up to 2x if, a) The anime is so ungodly boring that I can't stand it any more, or b) I click the speed up button on accident.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13535
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Jauregui said:
Why would you do that...


If you ever watch One Piece, you'll find out a very good reason.
I've watched all of One Piece multiple times and never wanted to do it.


But you have to admit that it has horrible pacing.

Kimura said:
yhunata said:
Also, the sounds aren't much of a problem. Mute it.
>watching anime without sound

Yeah, no.


Good point, but since I'm not gonna be doing this with many anime, I don't see the reason not to. Especially considering I only with the "boring" parts.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
I thought it's obvious that fanboys accept all what's thrown at them, don't they?
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4612
FastWheels said:
I only speed my anime up to 2x if, a) The anime is so ungodly boring that I can't stand it any more, or b) I click the speed up button on accident.
Why not just drop it if it's that boring?
You've come a long way, baby.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7228
Candor said:
I thought it's obvious that fanboys accept all what's thrown at them, don't they?

Animation is shit and pacing is shit and I accept it. Problem Candor? ヽ(´ー`)┌

As for the topic.
I used 4x speed on UtaPri season 1 whenever Nanami was talking.
Gawd her voice is absolutely insufferable.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 4223
if you need to watch a show at 2x speed, it's probably not that interesting and should just drop it...
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13535
parfaited said:
Candor said:
I thought it's obvious that fanboys accept all what's thrown at them, don't they?

Animation is shit and pacing is shit and I accept it. Problem Candor? ヽ(´ー`)┌

As for the topic.
I used 4x speed on UtaPri season 1 whenever Nanami was talking.
Gawd her voice is absolutely insufferable.


Why not mute it? That's what I do whenever Inoue goes on one of her "Kurosaki-kun" sprees.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
yhunata said:
But you have to admit that it has horrible pacing.
Nope, I think it's fine.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 163
Kimura said:
FastWheels said:
I only speed my anime up to 2x if, a) The anime is so ungodly boring that I can't stand it any more, or b) I click the speed up button on accident.
Why not just drop it if it's that boring?


Because there's this 'secret rule' that you have to finish what you started. People truly are stupid.
"From when the snow melts
To where it falls again~
"


 
Jun 11, 2013 12:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
parfaited said:
Candor said:
I thought it's obvious that fanboys accept all what's thrown at them, don't they?

Animation is shit and pacing is shit and I accept it. Problem Candor? ヽ(´ー`)┌
I didn't exclude myself, you know. This goes to all fanboys, myself included.
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7228
yhunata said:

Why not mute it? That's what I do whenever Inoue goes on one of her "Kurosaki-kun" sprees.

No I feel paranoid about muting stuff.

Oh Inoue not only that but those moments where you can hear her pausing and she does like these little intakes of air and you hear it. Arggh. (In Japanese anyway)
I can't describe it but if you have listened to her then you know what i'm talking about.


Candor said:
parfaited said:
Candor said:
I thought it's obvious that fanboys accept all what's thrown at them, don't they?

Animation is shit and pacing is shit and I accept it. Problem Candor? ヽ(´ー`)┌
I didn't exclude myself, you know. This goes to all fanboys, myself included.

Okay I see. Glad that is sorted out.

As for me, ppl are just going to have to walk on by because OP 10/10 all day everyday even if they animate 1 panel per episode.
Modified by stand, Jun 11, 2013 1:00 PM
 
Jun 11, 2013 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6468
Why, just why?
 
Jun 11, 2013 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 231
Watching Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei normally felt like watching any other series at 3x speed. It didn't help that this series was the first subbed anime I watched.. Jesus.
 
Jun 11, 2013 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 875
IntroverTurtle said:
No never done it and probably never will. Don't really see the point.


This.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.



 
Jun 11, 2013 6:37 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 24909
I know this person who not only speed through the episode, but also skips lots of scenes. What's the purpose of watching it then?
 
Jun 11, 2013 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Chibi-Alice said:
I know this person who not only speed through the episode, but also skips lots of scenes. What's the purpose of watching it then?
I don't even know, probably just to say they completed it. I thought the point of watching anime was to experience the music, art, story, etc fully how they intended. I even feel guilty if I skip filler episodes when watching an anime for the first time.
 
Jun 11, 2013 6:50 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3082
I have done a few shows on 4times speed in vlc (maybe 5 all up, not even that many I think..)

Mostly because something about them was really really pissing me off, or I had predicted the ending to well. I ended up forcing myself to stop doing it because it felt like cheating, and just generally ruined the experience. Its faster, but thats not even a positive.

Was stupid of me, really.
Worships Asparagus.
 
Jun 11, 2013 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2434
I don't see the point of even watching the anime if you're going to speed it up, mute, or skip scenes and episodes. It surprises me that people actually do that at all.
 
Jul 24, 2013 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16515
Some series might be too slow paced, but otherwise good. Increasing the speed by 1.2x - 2x makes them more enjoyable imo.
 
Jul 24, 2013 3:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 37
I don't see myself ever doing that. The most I go for is skipping over an opening I've seen a few times and don't love.
 
Jul 24, 2013 4:25 PM
originanime

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 10416
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.

You sir, are a genius.
 
Jul 24, 2013 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 247
You have one messed up friend, lol.
 
Jul 24, 2013 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 977
yhunata said:
Jauregui said:
Why would you do that...


If you ever watch One Piece, you'll find out a very good reason.

I watched One Piece normally, didn't find any problem, just skipped all the fillers, and now I'm caught with the Anime, took me 3 months though.
Same thing for Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Detective Conan.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
 
Jul 24, 2013 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2030
Such a waste of time. If you only want to know the story, it's better if you read the spoilers instead. It's so much faster than watching at increased speed.
 
Jul 24, 2013 4:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
You've piqued my curiosity. I'm gonna try rewatching Tatami Galaxy at 2x speed and see how long it'll take me to give up.
 
Jul 24, 2013 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7895
I have no idea why anyone would do that.
"I am Holo the wisewolf, I know that there are things in this world that I do not know, that is what makes me wise."
-Holo (Spice & Wolf)
 
Jul 24, 2013 6:53 PM
Isekai MC

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 4877
Might as just read wikipedia's plot summary and put the anime as 'completed'. Both are just as dumb.

OriginANIME said:
Candor said:
I did that with One Piece, it got much better.

You sir, are an idiot.

Fixed.
 
Top
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »