Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2013 4:48 AM
Jan 2013
Is there any announcements of Season 2 since I really would like them to make the sequel
Jun 11, 2013 4:49 AM
May 2012
No.
Jun 14, 2013 4:56 AM
Jan 2013
Aerostar said:
No.

I would like to hear a Yes or *Might*, This anime needs a sequel
Jul 13, 2013 6:53 AM
May 2013
agreed
Jul 14, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
I will be waiting for the long awaited announcement haha
Jul 15, 2013 3:28 AM

Oct 2010
^I would like to as well, but considering what happens in visual novel I wouldn't like it. ;_;
Oct 4, 2013 4:28 PM
Dec 2010
Crimson_Cloud said:
^I would like to as well, but considering what happens in visual novel I wouldn't like it. ;_;
yeah from what i read here here (spoiler warning) i would not like it either.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 14, 2014 8:12 AM
May 2013
greenmarty said:
Crimson_Cloud said:

Is that right they would go off the game or would it be different if they did make another season?
Jul 17, 2014 4:31 PM
May 2014
I would love to see the second season.
May 12, 2015 6:58 AM

Apr 2015
I really really hope they will announce it, because I am just not satisfied with them leaving off where they did, in season 1.
May 28, 2015 8:30 AM

May 2014
I'm not bothered if they leave season 1 as it is, though a sequel would be nice.

greenmarty said:
Crimson_Cloud said:

Took a look at those spoilers. While disappointing, it could still work depending on how they depict things and handle the dialogue - though that may be difficult. Rewriting some of it would probably be the easier and more effective solution.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Oct 7, 2015 9:28 AM
Mar 2010
So I just finished this and want a second season...that is only if they change the garbage ending that I spoiled from the LN. The one thing I feel HAS to change though is
Jan 30, 2016 10:34 PM

Nov 2014
MakoSOLDIER said:
So I just finished this and want a second season...that is only if they change the garbage ending that I spoiled from the LN. The one thing I feel HAS to change though is

All we need is an "Alternative Ending" xD because I refuse to accept this ending as well...
Feb 4, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
SympathyRS said:
MakoSOLDIER said:

All we need is an "Alternative Ending" xD because I refuse to accept this ending as well...

I couldn't agree more, The ending really needs a change with Yuuya picking a girl and have a happy ending than nothing just felt everything was gone for nothing.

Come on Muv luv producers , please make an alternative ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2016 7:40 PM
Dec 2015
I got to say if you ask me the show was okay, but i'd prefer a more kick ass Yui then when they gave us. One that could kick anyone ass in mortal combat and in a mecha with easy.

As a Royal Guard she seemed to be lacking in strength for a Royal Guard. I mean I wanted a bad ass Yui that could go toe to toe with the twins at there best. The fact there is not very many strong female main characters in anime sucks totally if you ask me.

I mean they should have just put Yui as a commander of the whole thing and let her run it and make her as strong as I said. As far as her personality I thought the more cold side of her was more cool, because I thought maybe she'd kick ass then the whole thing let me down.

The fact the guy Yuuya or whatever his name actually beat her pissed me off I was hoping she'd kick all there ass and show all them up. Personally I thought the guy sucked all the way. I think it would have been totally better as a yuri one then this crappy guy. Not that I like yuri or care about that, but at least the girls would be able to understand each other better. Most the guys in any anime either suck, don't understand what a girl/women thinks, just oblivious to anything, or just completely idiots.

As for a season two if they don't change the ending so that Yuuya and Yui are together then I will not watch it most likely if it happens. The fact they made the male the lead character sucks also.

The show had potential, but they screwed it up big time.
MasterrazorFeb 13, 2016 7:44 PM
Mar 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
It's pretty unlikely, and Schwarzesmarken did a better a job than Total Eclipse. if they adapt the other part of TE story.... it will spoil the last battle from original Alternative series as it share the same time frame with TE.

Source: http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Ouka

You'll have to deal with Muv-Luv Extra, Muv-Luv Unlimited, and Muv-Luv Alternative anime, and then we might get into Total Eclipse anime again with full story.

Apr 1, 2016 2:31 AM
Apr 2016
That would be awesome to have season 2 because this series is definitely gonna need a proper ending besides its the best anime I've ever seen
Apr 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Iamwildcat said:
That would be awesome to have season 2 because this series is definitely gonna need a proper ending besides its the best anime I've ever seen

How much anime have you seen, exactly?
Apr 1, 2016 10:19 PM
Jan 2016
Allenkilla1 said:
Is there any announcements of Season 2 since I really would like them to make the sequel
fatsumie said:
Crimrui said:
greenmarty said:
Crimson_Cloud said:
Wongseifu said:
greenmarty said:

Is that right they would go off the game or would it be different if they did make another season?
Dretax said:
Razgriz_Nagase said:
I really really hope they will announce it, because I am just not satisfied with them leaving off where they did, in season 1.
KazuhoYoshii said:
I'm not bothered if they leave season 1 as it is, though a sequel would be nice.

greenmarty said:

Took a look at those spoilers. While disappointing, it could still work depending on how they depict things and handle the dialogue - though that may be difficult. Rewriting some of it would probably be the easier and more effective solution.
MakoSOLDIER said:
SympathyRS said:
MakoSOLDIER said:

Renaultclio101 said:
SympathyRS said:

I couldn't agree more, The ending really needs a change with Yuuya picking a girl and have a happy ending than nothing just felt everything was gone for nothing.

Masterrazor said:
I got to say if you ask me the show was okay, but i'd prefer a more kick ass Yui then when they gave us. One that could kick anyone ass in mortal combat and in a mecha with easy.

As a Royal Guard she seemed to be lacking in strength for a Royal Guard. I mean I wanted a bad ass Yui that could go toe to toe with the twins at there best. The fact there is not very many strong female main characters in anime sucks totally if you ask me.

I mean they should have just put Yui as a commander of the whole thing and let her run it and make her as strong as I said. As far as her personality I thought the more cold side of her was more cool, because I thought maybe she'd kick ass then the whole thing let me down.

The fact the guy Yuuya or whatever his name actually beat her pissed me off I was hoping she'd kick all there ass and show all them up. Personally I thought the guy sucked all the way. I think it would have been totally better as a yuri one then this crappy guy. Not that I like yuri or care about that, but at least the girls would be able to understand each other better. Most the guys in any anime either suck, don't understand what a girl/women thinks, just oblivious to anything, or just completely idiots.

As for a season two if they don't change the ending so that Yuuya and Yui are together then I will not watch it most likely if it happens. The fact they made the male the lead character sucks also.

Iamwildcat said:
FireNinja said:
Iamwildcat said:

If you all wanted Total Eclipse so badly, Teito Moyu(first 2 episode that I find the best part of Total Eclipse) is being translated, and you should download it from Steam, if this doesn't get much reception in terms of how many ppl downloading it, then there wouldn't be another Total Eclipse anime or else we'll be getting another Muv-Luv title like Schwarzesmarken prequel: Bernhard im Schatten, The Euro Front, or the original main trilogy(Extra/Unlimited/Alternative), which I really do want the most out of the Muv-Luv franchise.

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1475550
animevortexNGApr 1, 2016 10:27 PM
Apr 3, 2016 2:38 AM
May 2014
animevortexNG said:
Allenkilla1 said:
fatsumie said:
Crimrui said:
greenmarty said:
Wongseifu said:

Dretax said:
Razgriz_Nagase said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

MakoSOLDIER said:
SympathyRS said:

Renaultclio101 said:

Masterrazor said:

Iamwildcat said:
FireNinja said:

If you all wanted Total Eclipse so badly, Teito Moyu(first 2 episode that I find the best part of Total Eclipse) is being translated, and you should download it from Steam, if this doesn't get much reception in terms of how many ppl downloading it, then there wouldn't be another Total Eclipse anime or else we'll be getting another Muv-Luv title like Schwarzesmarken prequel: Bernhard im Schatten, The Euro Front, or the original main trilogy(Extra/Unlimited/Alternative), which I really do want the most out of the Muv-Luv franchise.

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1475550

They finished the airing of Schwarzesmarken which is played 10 years after Muv-Luv's story.

Alrighty, I will download It, because I'm a fan of this story
Apr 5, 2016 11:00 PM

Jan 2008
Dretax said:
animevortexNG said:

They finished the airing of Schwarzesmarken which is played 10 years after Muv-Luv's story.

I'm very glad to hear from you.
Apr 11, 2016 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
Just finished the main series (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative-VN) and this show. Now watching Schwarzesmarken.

I loved the VNs & really enjoyed both anime series (so far) and I would love to see a sequel. Even if I'll be able to play the Schwarzesmarken & Total Eclipse VNs at the end of the year or next year, I would love to watch it animated. (And I would also buy it, of course.)

A bit off-topic around here and maybe a bit of advertisement for my own discussion, but I would love to hear your guys' opinions about making EXTRA / UNLIMITED / ALTERNATIVE an anime. Why didn't they? Will they? And so on... along with some ideas of my own.

Don't read this post's spoiler sections if you didn't go through the games!
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499939

Feel free to discuss, comrades.

インディゴデイズ
removed-userMay 12, 2017 2:06 AM
May 3, 2016 1:42 AM
Apr 2016
do anyone know where those BETA aliens came from, what is their purpose?, i start watching this but i still dont get them,
May 3, 2016 2:12 AM

Nov 2015
MioSakomoto said:
do anyone know where those BETA aliens came from, what is their purpose?, i start watching this but i still dont get them,

for eclipse they are just an overwhelming aggressive force, you wont get any answers beyond that really.

I'd urge you to read the visual novels(extra/alternative) for an answer to their origins and stuff.
perjeMay 3, 2016 2:37 AM
May 14, 2016 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
I guess a second season is definitely not happening... Shit, just finished this and got the PADS. I guess I'll watch the other spin-off eventually, but it won't be the same :(
May 19, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
Matthz said:
I guess a second season is definitely not happening... Shit, just finished this and got the PADS. I guess I'll watch the other spin-off eventually, but it won't be the same :(

I actually recommend that, Schwarzesmarken did an improvement over what Total Eclipse went wrong.
Jul 29, 2016 12:31 AM
Jul 2016
Yeah it might not ne good from the game or the other stuff ,but what of they changed to a romance/action anime for a season 2? I mean we all liked season 1, so why not get a season 2? For our likes am tastes!
Jul 31, 2016 10:12 AM
Jan 2016
Linebarrel121101 said:
Yeah it might not ne good from the game or the other stuff ,but what of they changed to a romance/action anime for a season 2? I mean we all liked season 1, so why not get a season 2? For our likes am tastes!

We'll have to see what happen next, but I hear they are planning on localizing the game tho. If it got more downloaded and successful thru Steam, then they might consider a season 2 or a re-do in movie format.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1475550

I'd rather release it as ONA or OVA, it'll be much better for this series in case the budget is low again, but I rather see Muv-Luv trilogy(Extra, Unlimited, Alternative) next since it's a big thing now on Steam.
animevortexNGJul 31, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 26, 2017 11:32 AM
Aug 2017
Half baked animes like this one really pisses me off to the core!!!
Nov 5, 2018 10:36 PM
Nov 2018
What the hell is wrong with animes? They be teasing 2 characters liking each other through out the whole anime and making you think that some romantic shit will happen and then they end the anime and nothing ever happens..
Apr 19, 2019 3:35 AM
Apr 2019
There is a possibilty of a season 2 because ...

1)The War With The Beta's is Not Over Yet Cause we only been to the earth in the anime not in the moon . If you forgot the beta came from the moon not from earth. What i am saying is after they defeated the beta on earth they will probably go to the moon.

2)Yui said "this is my fight from now on" ssying that it's not over yet hinting a possibilty of a sequel or season 2 of the anime

3)Lt.sandek said that he wouldn't let anyone stand in his plan and we see cryska smiling hinting again for a possible sequel or season 2.

This just my opinion on why i think there will be a season 2 there is probably more that i didn't mention.
NinjaManXdApr 19, 2019 3:42 AM
Apr 19, 2019 3:49 AM
Apr 2019
Allenkilla1 said:

Announcement no but there is a possibility

because if you watch the anime very carefully there is a lot of hints for a season 2 or sequel

Personaly i am hoping for a season 2 cause the anime is realky good
Jul 15, 2019 2:54 PM
May 2014
planetwarrior said:
Dretax said:

animevortexNG said:
Linebarrel121101 said:

We'll have to see what happen next, but I hear they are planning on localizing the game tho. If it got more downloaded and successful thru Steam, then they might consider a season 2 or a re-do in movie format.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1475550

I'd rather release it as ONA or OVA, it'll be much better for this series in case the budget is low again, but I rather see Muv-Luv trilogy(Extra, Unlimited, Alternative) next since it's a big thing now on Steam.

Do you guys have any intel? It's been some time now, and I don't want to see spin offs.

Although I am really trying to get myself to read the manga. From where should i start reading it from? Just watched the anime again.
Aug 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Jan 2008
Dretax said:
planetwarrior said:

animevortexNG said:

Do you guys have any intel? It's been some time now, and I don't want to see spin offs.

Although I am really trying to get myself to read the manga. From where should i start reading it from? Just watched the anime again.

We're waiting for Total Eclipse translation right after all the Photon translation and Schwarzesmarken translation.
Aug 31, 2019 9:04 AM
Aug 2019
I'm really looking forward to the second season of this anime, not a sequel
Apr 26, 2020 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
Allenkilla1 said:
Allenkilla1 said:
Aerostar said:
No.

fatsumie said:
Crimrui said:
greenmarty said:
Crimson_Cloud said:
Wongseifu said:
greenmarty said:

Razgriz_Nagase said:
DeicideV said:

greenmarty said:

MakoSOLDIER said:
SympathyRS said:
MakoSOLDIER said:

Renaultclio101 said:
SympathyRS said:

Masterrazor said:

Sylphiette said:
Iamwildcat said:

MioSakomoto said:
Matthz said:
Linebarrel121101 said:
anhtoeknee said:
What the hell is wrong with animes? They be teasing 2 characters liking each other through out the whole anime and making you think that some romantic shit will happen and then they end the anime and nothing ever happens..
NinjaManXd said:

1)The War With The Beta's is Not Over Yet Cause we only been to the earth in the anime not in the moon . If you forgot the beta came from the moon not from earth. What i am saying is after they defeated the beta on earth they will probably go to the moon.

2)Yui said "this is my fight from now on" ssying that it's not over yet hinting a possibilty of a sequel or season 2 of the anime

3)Lt.sandek said that he wouldn't let anyone stand in his plan and we see cryska smiling hinting again for a possible sequel or season 2.

This just my opinion on why i think there will be a season 2 there is probably more that i didn't mention.
Saint100 said:

This just in....

https://muvluv.com/en/news/138/
Apr 29, 2020 12:39 AM
Mar 2010
planetwarrior said:
Allenkilla1 said:
Allenkilla1 said:

fatsumie said:
Crimrui said:
greenmarty said:
Wongseifu said:

Razgriz_Nagase said:
DeicideV said:

MakoSOLDIER said:
SympathyRS said:

Renaultclio101 said:

Masterrazor said:

Sylphiette said:

MioSakomoto said:
Matthz said:
Linebarrel121101 said:
anhtoeknee said:
NinjaManXd said:

Saint100 said:

This just in....

planetwarrior said:
Allenkilla1 said:
Allenkilla1 said:

fatsumie said:
Crimrui said:
greenmarty said:
Wongseifu said:

Razgriz_Nagase said:
DeicideV said:

MakoSOLDIER said:
SympathyRS said:

Renaultclio101 said:

Masterrazor said:

Sylphiette said:

MioSakomoto said:
Matthz said:
Linebarrel121101 said:
anhtoeknee said:
NinjaManXd said:

Saint100 said:

This just in....

what...what a throwback this suddenly is..
Jun 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Oct 2017
this is trash compared to Muv Luv Alternative anyway, they should focus on adapting it well
Jun 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Oct 2017
this is trash compared to Muv Luv Alternative anyway, they should focus on adapting it well
Jul 30, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2008
Jan 24, 2021 4:30 PM
Nov 2020
Honestly, I love to see a second season
Oct 7, 2021 11:07 AM

Jan 2008
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse English version is coming this winter!
https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/1408266301122899969
Oct 29, 2021 7:46 PM
Feb 2015
itsukandy said:
Honestly, I love to see a second season

If you know what happens next, you may not wish for it.
Dec 30, 2022 8:49 PM
Feb 2015
From the first monthly Muv-Luv monthly. Muv-Luv Regenerative, Yoshimune did a sequel exclusively for the anime Total Eclipse. In the anime, Yui wasn't shot so there's a different story for Yui that wasn't in the TE VN. The title was something like Bushiko Tsundere Taisen.
Dec 30, 2023 3:21 AM
Dec 2023
Why the hell there is no total eclipse season 2????????
I wanna see Yuuya and Yui togather :(
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM
Dec 2023
please someone make it happen

More topics from this board

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM

» Should i watch this?

Grontan - Jul 14, 2022

4 by ixarising »»
Jul 19, 2022 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.