Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jun 10, 2013 7:03 PM

I just watched the entire anime like for the 3425637th time, and I really tried HARD to understand her, but I just can't.
Maybe it's because I'm a Rei fan, but I actually hated Rei and Saeko was my favorite as well in the beginning, but through the episodes she started getting really annoying to me, I'm gonna post my main reasons in here as well.
Generally I understand you guys, but I really think everyone just chooses to ignore her real flaws.
I know all the "she's hot, she's a samurai, she's a psycho" reasons, but anything else?
All I see is a Takashi obsessed attention seeking athletic girl.
(Nobody even seen her fighting an actual person but only dumb zombies who bearly move, yet people call her a samurai because she's a captian of a kendu club at highschool...)

Episode 5 (actual quotes):
Saeko: "I'm getting worried, about Komuro and the OTHERS." - The others? You mean REI?
Saeko: "The only people I need to be worrying about right now is myself and komuro, I really don't care about anybody else." - Yourself and Komuro? You mean that guy YOU JUST MET A DAY AGO AND BEARLY TALKED TO? Why? At least Rei has a reason to like him, they have known each other for years and he saved her, but who was Takashi to Saeko and what did he prove her? That's why I think she just wants him because he's hot or because he's the leader, which is not better.
Saeko: "And just LOOK at me! I mean seriously if any of us are going to make it out of here alive it's going to be ME right?" - And then Rei is a bitch for dissing Takashi... Saeko just dissed EVERYBODY.

Moving on!
Episode 6:
Saeko while wearing nothing but an apron and a thong: "Oh! you mean this old thing? TERRIBLE isn't it? I couldn't find a size that fits me" - Really? she couldn't find ANYTHING at a womans house but a goddamn apron that makes her tata's hang all over the place? Not even a pair of shorts that covers her THONG? Am I the only one who sees something wrong in here? Saya and Rei had no problem finding normal sleeping clothes and their boobs are bigger, yet the size fits them perfectly. And shizuka was drunk, whats her excuse?

Entire episode 9: was just a whole big "WAT" to me, at first when Saeko saw those children, I expected a tragic story about the death of her little brother or sister, or her realizing how bad the situation is, but instead I got some stupid ass shit about her being attacked, protectig herself and liking it. (What does it have anything to do with the children?)
Well I'm not a psychologist but I would think she's a psycho if she didn't do anything in a situation like this, I've been attacked before and protected myself with my electric taeser, and the only reason that person was still alive was because its illegal to kill.
Liking to hurt your ENEMIES is NOT being a psycho, it's a common human reaction, I'm sorry honey, you're not that special.
It's not like she'd hurt ANYONE on random or something, again, it's just seems as if she only said it so Takashi would like her more, or her story is VERY poorly written.

You guys are free to disagree with me because I know it's not a common perspective, but I truly want to know, I feel like I'm missing something.
Can anybody really like a character that much only for being hot and 'badass'a? Because I've been on this forum for a while and some of you basically worship her...
Modified by Miss_Psychedelic, Jul 4, 2013 9:32 AM

Jun 10, 2013 7:12 PM

I think you are prying to hard into the show

Stay on the surface of understanding why we like Saeko.

Its because she sounds more mature.
Got a strong personality.
Can handle situations herself
Isn't a whiny bitch most of the time.

Her acting around the others has nothing to do with the reasons we like her. In fact, its not even relevant to the Saeko fans
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online

Jun 10, 2013 7:13 PM

Way too much text for me to care to read there, but I didn't really find any characters very good in HOTD.

Jun 10, 2013 7:19 PM

Slyr3do0n said:
Way too much text for me to care to read there, but I didn't really find any characters very good in HOTD.

I'll sum up her text for you as I actually read it

"Why do you all like Saeko even though..."

1.) She doesnt give a damn about anyone but herself and Komuro
2.) She acts sluty in particular senarios

Jun 10, 2013 7:22 PM

SOExclusive said:

Her acting around the others has nothing to do with the reasons we like her. In fact, its not even relevant to the Saeko fans

I really don't see her that much of a mature person, she's just more discreet about it, an actual mature person would never like someone for no reason or maximum status.
I'm just that kind of an annoying shit that goes deeper into characters than most people. XD

"its not even relevant to the Saeko fans" - this is just sad... :/

Jun 10, 2013 7:23 PM

Miss_Psychedelic said:

I'm just that kind of an annoying shit that goes deeper into characters than most people. XD

Evangelion. Now. Watch.
You'll be busy for months.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Jun 10, 2013 7:24 PM

SOExclusive said:
Slyr3do0n said:

I'll sum up her text for you as I actually read it

Thanks ;)
"Why do you all like Saeko"
I don't really, I'm fairly indifferent.
Honestly who would in that situation. The fact that she cares about anyone but herself speaks to her character at least a little.
The show was echii and was all about exploiting women. What did you honestly expect?

Jun 10, 2013 7:27 PM

I'd say it's because of her self centered personality and her ( o Y o )

Jun 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Tavor said:
Miss_Psychedelic said:

Evangelion. Now. Watch.
You'll be busy for months.

I actually tried this anime at a younger age and didn't like it, but I'll think about that, after all HOTD is my favorite anime (that's why I take it so seriously) and I would have hated it at that age too... XD

Jun 10, 2013 7:32 PM

Miss_Psychedelic said:
SOExclusive said:

I really don't see her that much of a mature person, she's just more discreet about it, an actual mature person would never like someone for no reason or maximum status.

"its not even relevant to the Saeko fans" - this is just sad... :/

I never said she was mature. She gives off a mature vibe better than the other characters. She appears to be more calm and collected. Guys like women like that.

Example of what I am not looking for

"Hi, how its going, hehehe (smirks). Did you blah blah blah"
"Erm, h..hi, I..umm. I'm sorry I'm so nervous (blushes)"
"But I want this and that. We need to do that. Im scared. boohoohoo"

Its obvious Saeko is not like any of those examples I just made up off the top of my head lol
She is more assertive

Jun 10, 2013 7:36 PM

Slyr3do0n said:

Honestly who would in that situation. The fact that she cares about anyone but herself speaks to her character at least a little.
The show was echii and was all about exploiting women. What did you honestly expect?

This is the thing that gets on my nerves about her, she intreduces herself as a respectfull samurai woman, yet act like "Oh hey everybody look at my ass! Oh Takashi you're so hot fuck me!" while it was pretty obvious Takashi was with Rei, he came with Rei, he ran after Rei, every other normal non slutty bitchy girl would back off...
And then fans call Rei the bitch because she's not drooling over Takashi like Saeko does.
*Ecchi logic*

Jun 10, 2013 9:00 PM

i like both of them equally actually :P

Jun 10, 2013 9:10 PM
That`s what I wondering too. Don`t like Sakeo since that one episode.

Jun 10, 2013 9:11 PM
Miss_Psychedelic said:
Slyr3do0n said:

This is the thing that gets on my nerves about her, she intreduces herself as a respectfull samurai woman, yet act like "Oh hey everybody look at my ass! Oh Takashi you're so hot fuck me!" while it was pretty obvious Takashi was with Rei, he came with Rei, he ran after Rei, every other normal non slutty bitchy girl would back off...
And then fans call Rei the bitch because she's not drooling over Takashi like Saeko does.
*Ecchi logic*

This is why I hate her.

Jun 16, 2013 10:24 AM

agree, not a fan of her either

Jun 16, 2013 10:29 AM

Tits
Badass katana-frenzy
Not annoying as most of the cast

Jun 16, 2013 10:30 AM

Tits

Jun 16, 2013 10:36 AM

Sourire said:
Not annoying as most of the cast

How come? I actually find her very annoying compared to the rest of the cast, she's kind of a shonen mary sue.

Jun 17, 2013 11:12 AM

Miss_Psychedelic said:
I just watched the entire anime like for the 3425637th time, and I really tried HARD to understand her, but I just can't.
Maybe it's because I'm a Rei fan, but I actually hated Rei and Saeko was my favorite as well in the beginning, but through the episodes she started getting really annoying to me, I'm gonna post my main reasons in here as well.
Generally I understand you guys, but I really think everyone just chooses to ignore her real flaws.
I know all the "she's hot, she's a samurai, she's a psycho" reasons, but anything else?
All I see is a Takashi obsessed attention seeking athletic girl.
(Nobody even seen her fighting an actual person but only dumb zombies who bearly move, yet people call her a samurai because she's a captian of a kendu club at highschool...)

Episode 5 (actual quotes):
Saeko: "I'm getting worried, about Komuro and the OTHERS." - The others? You mean REI?
Saeko: "The only people I need to be worrying about right now is myself and komuro, I really don't care about anybody else." - Yourself and Komuro? You mean that guy YOU JUST MET A DAY AGO AND BEARLY TALKED TO? Why? At least Rei has a reason to like him, they have known each other for years and he saved her, but who was Takashi to Saeko and what did he prove her? That's why I think she just wants him because he's hot or because he's the leader, which is not better.
Saeko: "And just LOOK at me! I mean seriously if any of us are going to make it out of here alive it's going to be ME right?" - And then Rei is a bitch for dissing Takashi... Saeko just dissed EVERYBODY.

Moving on!
Episode 6:
Saeko while wearing nothing but an apron and a thong: "Oh! you mean this old thing? TERRIBLE isn't it? I couldn't find a size that fits me" - Really? she couldn't find ANYTHING at a womans house but a goddamn apron that makes her tata's hang all over the place? Not even a pair of shorts that covers her THONG? Am I the only one who sees something wrong in here? Saya and Rei had no problem finding normal sleeping clothes and their boobs are bigger, yet the size fits them perfectly. And shizuka was drunk, whats her excuse?

Entire episode 9: was just a whole big "WAT" to me, at first when Saeko saw those children, I expected a tragic story about the death of her little brother or sister, or her realizing how bad the situation is, but instead I got some stupid ass shit about her being attacked, protectig herself and liking it. (What does it have anything to do with the children?)
Well I'm not a psychologist but I would think she's a psycho if she didn't do anything in a situation like this, I've been attacked before and protected myself with my electric taeser, and the only reason that person was still alive was because its illegal to kill.
Liking to hurt your anemies is not being a psycho, it's a common human reaction, I'm sorry honey, you're not that special.
It's not like she'd hurt ANYONE on random or something, again, it's just seems as if she only said it so Takashi would like her more, or her story is VERY poorly written.

You guys are free to disagree with me because I know it's not a common perspective, but I truly want to know, I feel like I'm missing something.
Can anybody really like a character that much only for being hot and 'badass'a? Because I've been on this forum for a while and some of you basically worship her...

I totally agree with you .. I think that Takashi should be with Rei .. not with Saeko .. they just know each other only for a couple of days .. BUT I like too Saeko 'cuz I just love strong and sadist girls She looks awesome when she is fighting ..
The anime is also ecchi It's normal to show us tits .. I don't know .. I like both Rei and Saeko maybe a little bit more Rei :D

Jun 24, 2013 12:25 AM
you sound like a hater who's just trying to make a hate thread. It's pretty obvious why people like Saeko and why most people don't like Rei.

Jun 24, 2013 12:26 AM
because she is hot and badass

Jun 24, 2013 1:00 AM

Jul 4, 2013 9:27 AM

ecchijones said:
you sound like a hater who's just trying to make a hate thread. It's pretty obvious why people like Saeko and why most people don't like Rei.

I don't like her much, it's true.
But a hater is somebody who hates for no reason, I did write mine though.
It's just that I can understand where Rei comes from unlike the guys who watch the show that prefer to see Takashi as a victim.
But Saeko's character seems to me just as a simplified male fantasy.
Modified by Miss_Psychedelic, Jul 4, 2013 9:34 AM

Jul 5, 2013 3:00 PM
Miss_Psychedelic said:
ecchijones said:

I don't like her much, it's true.
But a hater is somebody who hates for no reason, I did write mine though.
It's just that I can understand where Rei comes from unlike the guys who watch the show that prefer to see Takashi as a victim.
But Saeko's character seems to me just as a simplified male fantasy.
You see, you just answered your own question of why so many people like her. :)

Jul 10, 2013 6:12 AM

Saeko is a sexy sadist.
Shizuka is a useless hottie.
Rei is a hot whore.
Saya is a bitch.

So I basically like Saeko the most because the others suck more.

Jul 16, 2013 12:21 AM

because of her boobs
RRRRRRRRRR

Jul 16, 2013 12:36 AM

I guess I like her because she's calm and collected most of the time.

Also
Forgetfulness said:
Because she has matrix boobs

Jul 30, 2013 11:18 PM

Saeko is the most useful person in the group (besides Takashi, Rei and Hirano) (Shizuka's only good for driving) But I do agree with you on that scene in episode 6. I thought maybe she was trying to attract Komuro's attention away from Rei, which bothers me. >.>

She's still one of my favorite characters in HOTD though.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."

Aug 6, 2013 8:58 AM

because we have sempai fetishes. characters like saeko and akeno from DxD turn me on.

Aug 7, 2013 4:35 AM

zdude18 said:
because we have sempai fetishes. characters like saeko and akeno from DxD turn me on.
They need their own doujinshi.

As for the topic - because we love strong women, anyone who watches Saeko for five minutes can tell she fucks like a tiger.

Aug 9, 2013 8:30 PM

"Why does everyone like Saeko?"
This is a stupid question, everyone has their own preferences and tastes. It's like explaining to someone why I like the color blue more than red.

Anyway, to the obviously implied second question. I don't hate Rei at all, but if I was Takashi, in my mind I would always be thinking "She's only depending on me now because her bf is dead." And yes I know she promised to marry Takashi as a kid but still...,
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)

Aug 11, 2013 2:02 PM
Saeko is great. I love strong independent characters.

Is there anime with smilar character like Saeko.

In terms of look and/or character

Aug 15, 2013 5:51 AM

Because why not

Aug 15, 2013 6:12 AM

I would think the answer is pretty obvious. Shes strong and sexy, with a badass attitude whats not to like? and compared to the rest of the female cast shes pretty independent too.
So lets look at the other girls

Rei a hot character , which has some decent fight scenes but a personality of a BITCH and is a total cocktease to the mc, also her feelings flip on coin toss.

with the rest can't even remember their names, and cba to lookup

Geek girl , annoying, obnoxious, and useless nice tits though.
Nurse, tits are gigantic DONOTWANT uh thats it for her
Pedo Bait, she seems like a cute kid

Also btw promises to marry each other as a kid don't mean jack shit, it has no legality its no engagement. There is a reason why we have an age for consent because you don't have a clue what to do with your life at that age and getting married is a pretty big decision.

Aug 24, 2013 9:51 AM

You completely missed everything about what I like in her. This thread is also a perfect example why I stay away from MAL forums.
It's pretty damn easy. She thinks for herself but at the same time she's very supportive towards the man she likes. Strong and caring, she'd make a great wife (she can also cook). She's also kinky which is a huge plus. I don't like her for her looks or that she's a sadist. Katanas and samurai stuff can just die for all I care.

Aug 26, 2013 7:06 AM

Well shes good in fighting skill and seem more ecchi and mature plus ,she evil and slutty boys like bad girls who take initiative over all all hotd charactors are good :)
AqUar!An

Aug 26, 2013 7:09 AM
All of the HOTD characters are terrible.

Aug 26, 2013 7:11 AM
hot , smart , strong , calm , have a cute side , skilled = PERFECT .

Aug 30, 2013 8:52 PM
If people were to read the manga, they'd find out their "sexy sadistic Saeko" is really just that. There's nothing else to her besides that and her liking Komuro just like all there is to Rei is that she likes him and treats Saeko like a rival. To be honest, if one to were read the manga they'd realize why Rei acts the way she does (even why she dated Hisashi). That said, I actually see this series coming up with a whole "Well, looks like I have to repopulate the Earth" scenario.

Aug 31, 2013 6:48 AM

Well I'm not a huge fan of the series but she's definitely my favorite girl. Why? because she's hella sexy, more mature, serious, badass, sadistic (probably the biggest reason, love me some dominatrix).

Sep 6, 2013 9:40 PM
Meow~

Saeko is awesome... that's it

Sep 19, 2013 7:47 AM

Because she's the least annoying and probably the most useful
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 29, 2013 6:10 PM

Hmm. I don't know. I like Rei actually, But to answer your question people probably like her because of her maturity and the way she handles things, Personally, people like Rei are the types of girls that I like.

Dec 20, 2013 3:17 PM

Because she's awesome <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 29, 2014 4:23 AM

Well for one she is REALLY good looking. Not to mention she knows how to use a katana. Remember her in that apron with nothing but a thong? Oh man...

She's still one of my all time favorite females in anime. Got a t-shirt and a pillow of her (and no, it isn't a full-body pillow xD)

Feb 2, 2014 2:12 PM

Honestly she isn't my favorite either (that position goes to Rei), but I can understand why people would like her. One thing that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is her Japanese voice actor. Miyuki Sawashiro tends to bring out the best in the older characters she voices, and as far as all the characters I have heard her voice go, I don't think I've ever disliked any of them. That's probably just me though.
I truly hate the people on this site....and just people in general. What a disgustingly irritating species we've become.

Feb 2, 2014 2:13 PM

For the amazing hentai pics and doujins with her.

Feb 2, 2014 2:15 PM

She's awesome. Useful. And she doesn't act like an annoying brat.

Feb 2, 2014 2:21 PM

A hot slut.

Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Pages (2) [1] 2 »