Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 10, 2013 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
Jaguer91 said:
Just give her a kick to the tits to your friend. ;)

.... close enough.
Jun 10, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Joyce_Steele said:
Her first reaction is "WTF! Yosuga no Sora as profile pic?". I replied to her that is nothing wrong with it since I'm a big fan of that show. "That's not right, that show is meant to be seen by dirty old men and you're not a dirty old man. You're a nice young lady." I said to her lots of romantic novel(that she loves) had similar elements too and so I still can't see anything wrong wit it. "Why not change it into something more female-friendly, like a topless bishie or better, two topless bishies embracing each other". I said no thanks I never interested with that despite being a straight woman myself. Not all women find (fake) gays sexy and I'm not homophobic.
Idk about you, but Haru was a total hottie.
Jun 10, 2013 6:03 PM

Nov 2009
trunghuynh90 said:
Your taste is so, so. Yosuga does have legit romance, but yeah i can see why she think its for perverted old man cause of the hentai scenes.

I However, don't acknowledged the part where she said k-on and lucky star for perverted old man, she is tripen there.
Well ... Lucky Star and K-On are like poster childs of "Moe anime" which in turn is usually associated with those creepy otaku you see that have their "waifu" on their shirt ... so ... Not saying either series is for old men, but definitely her comment is coming from somewhere.
Jun 10, 2013 6:14 PM

Jun 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
trunghuynh90 said:
Your taste is so, so. Yosuga does have legit romance, but yeah i can see why she think its for perverted old man cause of the hentai scenes.

I However, don't acknowledged the part where she said k-on and lucky star for perverted old man, she is tripen there.
Well ... Lucky Star and K-On are like poster childs of "Moe anime" which in turn is usually associated with those creepy otaku you see that have their "waifu" on their shirt ... so ... Not saying either series is for old men, but definitely her comment is coming from somewhere.
I understand moe, however its not perverted scenery anime.

I simply like lucky star because it target ppl who can understand otaku reference with humor and moe. K-on which my sister likes musical, moe, and humor too.

Just because a guy like moe don't mean its for pervert old man. See the difference
Jun 10, 2013 6:15 PM

Nov 2009
trunghuynh90 said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
trunghuynh90 said:

I simply like lucky star because it target ppl who can understand otaku reference with humor and moe. K-on which my sister likes musical, moe, and humor too.

Just because a guy like moe don't mean its for pervert old man.
you are right, it doesn't, but that is the stereotype in the anime world, that Otaku watch Moe, and that Otaku are perverted older men.
Jun 10, 2013 6:17 PM

Jun 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
trunghuynh90 said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
trunghuynh90 said:

Just because a guy like moe don't mean its for pervert old man.
you are right, it doesn't, but that is the stereotype in the anime world, that Otaku watch Moe, and that Otaku are perverted older men.
Hopefully you not one of those people cause i laugh ur ignorance stupidity
Jun 10, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
you're not a dirty old men if you haven't watched ro-kyu-bu and kodomo no jikan
ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
Jun 10, 2013 6:20 PM

Aug 2012
Thank you for reminding me of Yosuga no Sora. I'm gonna undrop and finish it now.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 10, 2013 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
gamer2710 said:
Thank you for reminding me of Yosuga no Sora. I'm gonna undrop and finish it now.
Yaaay~

Yeah, your taste is fine. Who cares about the animes' targeted demographic? It just makes you different. And we all know being unique is awesome!

Although you may as well turn the tables and insult her taste while you're at it. That'll definitely make her reconsider stomping on others' tastes.
Jun 10, 2013 6:28 PM

Oct 2009
This thread turned into funny shit.
5 star thread right here.
NO.
Jun 10, 2013 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
Nothing wrong with your taste. Mellow is female, and he likes that kind of stuff as well.
Jun 10, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
MoonageDaydream said:
Nothing wrong with your taste. Mellow is female, and he likes that kind of stuff as well.
*High five*
Jun 10, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2013
I personly think the girls here are great. My best friend shares the same anime tastes as me even tho she likes action slightly more that's what I like about her she has her own tastes too.
Jun 10, 2013 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
I think your taste is fine. I wouldn't let that person's opinions bother you. Those shows aren't really supposed to be for old men. Plenty of females and males young and old like them.
Jun 10, 2013 6:53 PM

Aug 2011
1. I'm male.
2. My GF have MAL account.

First of all, we're living together so watching anime is sometimes difficult, for example when I'm watching show that from my point of view is very likable, my sweetheart stands behind my back and she's shouting something like "your favorite anime is SHIT! SHIIIIIIT!!!11one", and it's driving me crazy. In other point, sometimes when she's watching anime and from pure curiosity I'm starting to peeking on her screan, sudenly insanely loud laugh is coming out from my mouth without me even notice that maybe I'm offending her in some way.

She hate's Yosuga no Sora, and when I'm speaking about hate I realy mean it but from some unknown reasons she likes Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls.

I think that talking about anime taste is very difficult. It's not about specific genres, not even about all times top classics. When it comes to anime, films, books or mangas or anything like that, it is clear that that particular anime (etc.) will make it's own way to your heart or your ass, not a genre. When I'm saying something like "what a piece of crap is he/she watching?!" I realy mean "I don't like it" but it's nothing like "you have bad taste".

My GF and I are fighting now and ever defending our favorite animes, and when it isn't too intense it's realy funny in some way.
RethilJun 10, 2013 6:57 PM
Jun 10, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2012
Rethil said:
my sweetheart stands behind my back and she's shouting something like "your favorite anime is SHIT! SHIIIIIIT!!!11one"
My GF and I are fighting now and ever defending our favorite animes, and when it isn't to intense it's realy funny in some way.

Where do I sign up to have this life?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 10, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2011
Tavor said:
Rethil said:
my sweetheart stands behind my back and she's shouting something like "your favorite anime is SHIT! SHIIIIIIT!!!11one"
My GF and I are fighting now and ever defending our favorite animes, and when it isn't to intense it's realy funny in some way.

Where do I sign up to have this life?

Why would you want to?
Jun 10, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
Girl, no one that gives Hidamari Sketch, Yuru Yuri, Clannad + After Story, or Yosuga no Sora a score over 5 has bad taste, trust me.

Hell I think it's just fine. If she thinks you're a dirty old man, then god dammit be a dirty old man! You look at those lolis and you say "damn, they're cute." You watch those sex scenes in Yosuga no Sora and say "damn, that's hot." Nothing's wrong with that. I highly doubt that she's never gotten turned on during a 'dirty old man' anime, so screw it.
Jun 10, 2013 7:03 PM

Jun 2010
I am a girl and I like those shows. Theres nothing wrong with it.
Jun 10, 2013 7:04 PM

Oct 2012
Rethil said:
Why would you want to?

Being able to bicker over anime as a couple sounds interesting~

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 10, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2012
Tavor said:
Rethil said:
Why would you want to?

All me and my boyfriend ever do is bicker about how he never watches anime I want him too. Trust me, it's not fun.
ihateeveryoneJun 10, 2013 7:10 PM
Jun 10, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2012
Joyce_Steele said:
"That's not right, that show is meant to be seen by dirty old men and you're not a dirty old man. You're a nice young lady."
Yet we all know there are no girls on the internet...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 10, 2013 7:15 PM

Nov 2009
ihateeveryone said:
Tavor said:
Rethil said:
Why would you want to?

All me and my boyfriend ever do is bicker about how he never watches anime I want him too. Trust me, it's not fun.
0_0 well ... that sounds more like you bickering with him if you are always complaining about him not watching the anime you want him too ...
Jun 10, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2012
Not to guy bomb
Your taste and stuff, like every says
I'm male, and i watch girly stuff lolz
Jun 10, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
ihateeveryone said:
Tavor said:
Rethil said:
Why would you want to?

0_0 well ... that sounds more like you bickering with him if you are always complaining about him not watching the anime you want him too ...

B-But he makes me watch anime that he likes ;___;
Jun 10, 2013 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Why are you questioning what you like just because one fool criticized it? If you worry about what every single person thinks about you or what you like, then you're going to screw yourself over. Anyway, why does it matter? You like what you like. So, to answer your question, your taste isn't crap at all. It's crap to put down other people's interests down. In the end, that person has a crappy personality.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jun 10, 2013 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
Watch Free! when it comes out. Your female friend will instantly forgive you.
Jun 10, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2009
ihateeveryone said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
ihateeveryone said:
Tavor said:
Rethil said:
Why would you want to?

B-But he makes me watch anime that he likes ;___;
Oh then screw that! ... Why just not watch eachother's anime? Relationships that try to do everything together and have no space are bound to crash and burn ... unless both parties are clingy.
Jun 10, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
Op. Your acquaintance is a cunt. Lots of chicks like yosuga no sora. Watch what you want to watch. And tell her to fuck herself.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 10, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
Lol your friend is full of shit.
First she calls you a dirty old man for watching moe (seriously? I don't see the dirtness in moe) and then claim a show is shit because there are no males in it? She's the dirty old hypocrite bitch..
Jun 10, 2013 8:19 PM
Feb 2012
Your acquaintance's opinion means nothing to your taste; take pride in what you like, even if it's not what she likes. Be proud of yourself :)

I'm not sure if I'd want to meet your acquaintance btw, I like almost everything she hates :s
Jun 10, 2013 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
Joyce_Steele said:
Do I have crap taste?

In a nutshell, yes. But there's nothing wrong with that, you can enjoy whatever you want. I would venture to say that having shitty taste actually improves the ease of finding a show you like, cause there are more shitty shows than good ones, that's for goddamn sure. I almost wish I had shitty taste... almost.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jun 11, 2013 12:00 AM

Feb 2011
That girl is unreasonable. Everybody has their own likings , what shows you are liking has nothing to do with her. I hate people like that.
Jun 11, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2009
The girl really had no tact whatsoever (those quotes sound like a troll to me) and as such I would not pay any attention to her comments. Everyone has the right to like whatever the hell they want and she's a fool if she lets something like demographics dictate what she watches.
Jun 11, 2013 1:46 AM

Feb 2013
I hope she's not a friends of yours, because that means showing no respects for one's preferences. If you like something, it's up to you and your likings. Don't listen to others and try to fit their choices onto you. As long as you're not doing something bad, anything you do is in your rights.

I watched Yosuga no Sora too, and I'm certainly not an old fat pervy geezer.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 11, 2013 1:59 AM

Jun 2008
Why to i feel like this is just an attention thread?
Jun 11, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2009
Hey, if you have shitty taste, then my taste would be just as shitty or even worse? And I'm a girl. I watched Yosuga no Sora, Lucky Star and planning on Yuru Yuri. I watch anime for either humor or for the story or psychology behind it. I watch what pulls my attention. Heck, I had friends trying to make me watch K-On and they never succeeded in doing so. I just refuse watching it because it doesn't pull my attention and I'm simply not interested in it. Does that make me any less of an anime fan? No.

That friend of yours is very disrespectful towards you saying all that. Who cares if you watch series that are originally aimed at "dirty old men" (though Lucky Star I wouldn't say it's just for dirty old men?). Anime have certain groups of people they aim for but that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch something if you don't fall in said group. I watched plenty of series that fall in the group of shounen, do I care about that? No, I only care about if I enjoy watching a serie. You should just enjoy your series too. ;D

That friend of yours reminds me of someone who kept telling me I was watching anime waaaay too slowly and I should hurry up and watch the series she was watching (annoyed the heck out of me and soon I just stopped talking to her because I didn't want to feel like I'm a failure of an anime fan, which I'm definitely not =_=).
Jun 11, 2013 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
Don't worry. There's nothing wrong with a "nice young lady" being a "dirty old man".
Jun 11, 2013 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
Yes. Srsly though, everyone is free to like what they want to like. If shes your friend she shouldn't be judging you just because she doesn't agree with your opinion.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 11, 2013 3:49 AM

Mar 2012
>Girls only
SeibaaHomuJun 11, 2013 3:53 AM
Jun 11, 2013 6:28 AM

Dec 2012
Joyce_Steele said:
Actually she said lots of bad things to my favorite shows(maybe just because those shows aren't shoujo or josei to begin with) but she may a good point. Maybe I should stop becoming a "dirty old man" and watch something that really fits to my gender or stay as it is while avoiding good shoujo and yaoi shows just because they didn't fit to my taste.

This thread strangely reminds me of OreImo.

Personally you should watch whatever you want. I'm a guy and I love watching anime be it shounen, seinen, shoujo, or josei. Hell I even watch anime that hints at BL and I'm perfectly comfortable with my heterosexuality. People who still think in terms of "gender appropriate" are centuries behind the modern, civilized world.
Jun 11, 2013 6:33 AM

Jun 2012
Enough said, marry me OP.
Jun 11, 2013 6:39 AM

Apr 2010
Monad said:

Because it is.
Jun 11, 2013 6:42 AM

Jan 2012
Dumbass said:
Monad said:

Because it is.

It's been since the first page. The thread is going in circles, everyone repeating the same answer. I find it somehow hilarious.
"From when the snow melts
To where it falls again~
"

Jun 11, 2013 6:45 AM

Apr 2011
RiQ said:
Dumbass said:
Monad said:

Because it is.

It's been since the first page. The thread is going in circles, everyone repeating the same answer. I find it somehow hilarious.

Because it is.
Jun 11, 2013 7:18 AM

Dec 2007
You do have a crap taste and from what little I read so does your friend. But it's your taste. So you shouldn't care what I think and stick with the shitty anime you enjoy.
Jun 11, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
JustALEX said:
OP, there's no need to worry about "bad" or "good" tastes.

Just watch whatever you enjoy and don't worry about the opinions of others.

+1

if you like it, everybody can turn upside down and you still shouldn't care if they hate it ;)

just keep watching stuff you like ;) the demographic shounen/shoujo is just aimed at said target audience it's not a rule only they should watch it haha :)
Jun 11, 2013 9:27 AM
Feb 2013
Watch what you want and don't give a shit to what people say to you. Also, i love your Avatar, Sora<3
Jun 11, 2013 9:48 AM
May 2013
Not a girl sorry, but you should continue watching them. There is a good reason why anime is different from each other. To provide people with the type they like. Imagine if every anime was action, and sc-fi no other ones. Wouldn't that just get boring?
Jun 11, 2013 9:50 AM
Feb 2012
wantedred said:
Not a girl sorry, but you should continue watching them. There is a good reason why anime is different from each other. To provide people with the type they like. Imagine if every anime was action, and sc-fi no other ones. Wouldn't that just get boring?

Totally agree. If every anime were action/sci-fi then half of us would not be here and anime would not be in my interests.

There I said it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

119 by Hoppy »»
4 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

27 by perseii »»
11 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

31 by Archean-Return »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

24 by Kurgo »»
19 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

170 by perseii »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.