Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 13, 2013 11:58 AM

MajinSaga said:

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Big O, Ghost In The Shell movies and SAC series, Outlaw Star, Gundam 08th MS Team, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk.

All have to be watched DUBBED. In this case the Japanese voices are inferior in every way to their English counterparts. Especially for Bebop and Ghost In th shell. I cannot stress this enough. Only weeaboo scum would say otherwise.

Your disdain for subs is hilarious. While the anime you suggest are very good, and I did watch most of them dubbed, I think that Serial Experiments Lain works better subbed.

ihateeveryone said:

Recommend me some deep and edgy anime like Code Geass and Death Note pls

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Jun 13, 2013 12:01 PM

MajinSaga said:
ihateeveryone said:
MajinSaga said:
Thing is, your taste of anime is mostly moe and slice of life garbage. Moe & Slice of life is basically the equivalent to retarded reality tv and garbage sitcoms. Only difference is one is live action and one is animated. They are both pointless & appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Big O, Ghost In The Shell movies and SAC series, Outlaw Star, Gundam 08th MS Team, Serial Experiments Lain, Berserk.

All have to be watched DUBBED. In this case the Japanese voices are inferior in every way to their English counterparts. Especially for Bebop and Ghost In th shell. I cannot stress this enough. Only weeaboo scum would say otherwise.

Funny, as my father, who doesn't like subbed anime (or care much for anime in general), didn't like the dub of GitS (movie).

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Jun 13, 2013 12:09 PM

Tavor said:
MajinSaga said:
ihateeveryone said:
MajinSaga said:
Thing is, your taste of anime is mostly moe and slice of life garbage. Moe & Slice of life is basically the equivalent to retarded reality tv and garbage sitcoms. Only difference is one is live action and one is animated. They are both pointless & appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Funny, as my father, who doesn't like subbed anime (or care much for anime in general), didn't like the dub of GitS (movie).

I'm not sure what his deal was, but the japanese version was one of the worst atrocities I have ever heard. Just awful awful generic voices. The Puppet master just sounds stupid and awkward. And a lot of the heavy and complex dialogue just sounds like endless blabber in Japanese. English nukes all over the Japanese once again.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage

Jun 13, 2013 12:11 PM

MajinSaga said:
English nukes all over the Japanese once again.

ROFL!

Jun 13, 2013 12:12 PM

spyrocoot said:
Your disdain for subs is hilarious. While the anime you suggest are very good, and I did watch most of them dubbed, I think that Serial Experiments Lain works better subbed.
Although I find the original Japanese dub of Lain to be excellent, I also find the English dub to be quite fantastic. The English voice actors did a great job with it.

Tavor said:
MajinSaga said:
ihateeveryone said:
MajinSaga said:

I don't blame him. The original dub of GitS is miles ahead of the English dub.

MajinSaga said:
You just can't stop showcasing your ignorance, huh?
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 13, 2013 12:14 PM

Leapling said:
Chakaara said:
I didn't read the OP, I'm nor a girl, but I can tell you this.

You have crap tastes.

So do you.

It was a joke, I hope you caught it.

Jun 13, 2013 12:15 PM

Chakaara said:
Leapling said:
Chakaara said:
I didn't read the OP, I'm nor a girl, but I can tell you this.

You have crap tastes.

So do you.

It was a joke, I hope you caught it.
It wasn't very funny now was it?

Jun 13, 2013 12:16 PM

Holybaptiser said:
spyrocoot said:
Although I find the original Japanese dub of Lain to be excellent, I also find the English dub to be quite fantastic. The English voice actors did a great job with it.

I agree, the dub is still very good, I just felt that Lain's Japanese VA did a better job of portraying the subtle changes in Lain's personality. You can't really go wrong with either though.

Jun 13, 2013 12:25 PM
MajinSaga said:
ihateeveryone said:
MajinSaga said:

Honey, you're just digging yourself deeper into a hole with your sheer bigotry. You watch things that are originally made in Japan yet chastise the very native language of the country that makes your precious works of art.

PS: I am weeaboo scum if you make it out to be, but I'm not sure if you're legitimately speaking this from your own subjective realm or just merely trying to impress us with trolling and failing hard. No one is applauding you so kindly back off please.

Cry is free.
Modified by Slatrix, Jun 13, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 13, 2013 12:30 PM

Holybaptiser said:

exactly what i was thinking :) i'm realy beginning to think it's not_biased's twin or something xD just the way he thinks his opinion is absolute is funny hahaha :D

Jun 13, 2013 12:35 PM
kickthebucket said:
Holybaptiser said:

exactly what i was thinking :) i'm realy beginning to think it's not_biased's twin or something xD just the way he thinks his opinion is absolute is funny hahaha :D

It's the 2deep4u version of Not_Biased

Jun 13, 2013 12:45 PM

This attention whoring thread is still going?

Jun 13, 2013 5:00 PM

Monad said:
This attention whoring thread is still going?

You jelly?

Oh, yes, U JELLY!
Salmon is delicious.

Jun 13, 2013 5:07 PM
"These childish Japanese cartoons are middle-aged men! Here, let me show you some childish Japanese cartoons for young adults..."

By the way, what is it with totally non-sexual shows getting a bad rap as being for dirty old men by people who watch shows that have like 15 pantyshots an episode? Even your garden variety One Pieces and Bleaches have more pandering to horny dudes.
Modified by Cbubbles, Jun 13, 2013 5:11 PM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]