Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 7, 2013 4:33 PM
can someone plzz explained to me neon genesis Evangelion end of Evangelion and why Shinji choke Asuka and why did Asuka say "how disgusting."

Jun 7, 2013 4:37 PM

lol...explain Evangelion?

Good luck.

No one knows what the hell that anime's about.

Jun 7, 2013 4:41 PM

Jun 7, 2013 4:41 PM

JustALEX said:

Good luck.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is an anime series created and directed by Hideaki Anno and produced by Gainax. It's a mecha anime, despite the fact that there are hardly any real mecha in it (the Evas are biological). The main character is a whiny emo fag named Shinji, who is perhaps the most emo character in all of fiction that wasn't written as a deliberate parody (seriously, he makes Sasuke look like Brock Fucking Sampson). There's also a loudmouth redhead named Asuka and an emotionless jailbait girl named Rei who is actually a clone of Shinji's mom (seriously). The series is blanketed with a bunch of random Christian symbolism and references that people have spent years trying to analyze, when the truth is that the writer just added it because Christianity has that "foreign stuff is cool" factor in Japan and it was never meant to mean anything.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage

Jun 7, 2013 4:51 PM

Modified by Rainmaker, Jun 7, 2013 5:00 PM

Jun 7, 2013 4:55 PM
Bmob Yrrehc

MajinSaga said:
JustALEX said:

Good luck.

I'm surprised that is isn't a copy pasta from Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Jun 7, 2013 4:55 PM

Beginning of Evangelion: Shinji is a pussy.

End of Evangelion: Shinji is still a pussy.

There's the plot summary.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.

Jun 7, 2013 5:20 PM

I hope you have fun reading this as much as I did, OP.
Evangelion is all about the research digging, whether it's wrong or not, who cares, it helps to form your take on Evangelion.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Jun 7, 2013 5:27 PM

FacelessVixen said:
MajinSaga said:
JustALEX said:

Good luck.

I like how that place calls Misato an alcoholic pedo, Rei a loli, and Asuka a Nazi loli....classic.

Jun 7, 2013 5:28 PM

JustALEX said:
FacelessVixen said:
MajinSaga said:
JustALEX said:

Good luck.

I like how that place calls Misato an alcoholic pedo, Rei a loli, and Asuka a Nazi loli....classic.

Asuka's not a nazi?

Jun 7, 2013 5:29 PM

DEMOLITION_D said:
JustALEX said:
FacelessVixen said:
MajinSaga said:
JustALEX said:

Good luck.

Asuka's not a nazi?

cuz German

Jun 7, 2013 5:32 PM

Tavor said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
JustALEX said:
FacelessVixen said:
MajinSaga said:
JustALEX said:

Good luck.

Asuka's not a nazi?

cuz German

HA HA YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT GERMANS

Jun 7, 2013 5:36 PM

I actually read in some wiki that Asuka is actually American, born in Germany to an American father and a Japanese mother.

Or something like that...

I couldn't care less....

This is all I care about:

Jun 7, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 7, 2013 5:48 PM

asainareasome said:
can someone plzz explained to me neon genesis Evangelion end of Evangelion and why Shinji choke Asuka and why did Asuka say "how disgusting."

Trying to explain end of Evangalion requires a PhD in Bullshitting. I only got a BTEC in it sadly but I will try.
From what I gathered this all just speculation is that and what I think(this show heavily relies on the viewer making up their own bs), humanity pretty much goes to paradise and become one, while shinji is left behind and becomes God, but because hes so pathetic , even with his new omnipotence he does nothing but drown in his only self loathing, and because he's a masochist he imagines Auska(and becuase hes now omnipotent she comes into being) just so he can have someone tell him hes pathetic. As for why he's chokes Auska some sort of symbolism for jerking off, i guess? lol
This is of course all just what I got from it, but the ending and the series on whole is one of the largest pile of pretentious wank ever produced, its still interesting though.
Modified by ElPysCongroo, Jun 7, 2013 5:52 PM

Jun 7, 2013 5:57 PM

LoliconQueen said:

Disturbing.

Jun 7, 2013 6:19 PM

Things I Love about Evangelion.

#1 Asuka

#2 The OP

#3 The pointless religious symbolism, hey, at least somewhere christianty looks somewhat cool.

#4 Asuka's eyepatch

Jun 7, 2013 6:26 PM

The fact that you have to talk about a show after it's done to get extra information out of the already detailed show means that it’s good.

A lot of stuff in the show is just our interpretation; we don’t have a concrete answer, that’s why we are never 100% sure why Shinji was strangling Asuka.

Also, End of Eva was made because people were angry at the series ending; Anno was essentially forced to make it. The ending is kind of a compromise, you got lots of information and explanations, but here is something else confusing as well.

Jun 7, 2013 6:33 PM

the ending of the tv series neon genesis evangelion actually doesnt mean anything because they ran out of money and had to improvise something for the final few episodes. the production team realized this early on and tried to take precautionary measure like less movement during talking and explanation scenes and at certain points lowering the animation quality but it was not enough. that is why the last episodes are like that lack of funds. the movie the end of evangelion is another beast all together.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jun 7, 2013 6:39 PM

Gladly.

It's all bullshit. The symbolism doesn't mean anything and there are no answers to your questions.

Jun 7, 2013 6:45 PM

Curious to know how many people have even read the Kaballah and have any place to debate the symbolism in Eva on any level. Also interesting how many people think that tempering religion with your own creativity in a work of fiction is less interesting or ballsy than simply presenting it in a boring and mundane way that it exists in real life.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.

Jun 7, 2013 6:54 PM

Eckilsax said:
Curious to know how many people have even read the Kaballah and have any place to debate the symbolism in Eva on any level. Also interesting how many people think that tempering religion with your own creativity in a work of fiction is less interesting or ballsy than simply presenting it in a boring and mundane way that it exists in real life.

You don't "read" Kaballah you play as him in Mortal Kombat

Jun 7, 2013 6:56 PM

DEMOLITION_D said:
Eckilsax said:

You don't "read" Kaballah you play as him in Mortal Kombat

Isn't that that bracelet religion based on certain aspects of Judaism and oh-so popular in the world of the rich and famous.

What does it have to do with Evangelion?

Jun 7, 2013 6:58 PM

Negative-Travis said:
Isn't that that bracelet religion based on certain aspects of Judaism and oh-so popular in the world of the rich and famous.

Anno simply took names such as Lilith and Tree of Life from it. Yes, it is ridiculous.

Eckilsax said:

Taking stuff from the Zohar and shoving it in the story without any in-universe explanation and letting the viewers fill all the plot holes for themselves is something only an idiot would do. And he really did it.

Jun 7, 2013 6:58 PM

Negative-Travis said:

Everything

Jun 7, 2013 7:01 PM

el_putazo said:
The whole message behind NGE is

To be fair....having sex with Rei is the equivalent to having sex with a blow up doll...there is no difference.

Jun 7, 2013 7:08 PM

el_putazo said:
JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:

To be fair....having sex with Rei is the equivalent to having sex with a blow up doll...there is no difference.
Lol so the whole message was Shinji trying to have sex with a blow up doll?

Actually, it may be worse than that....since Rei has a bad habit of snowballing.

Proof...

Jun 7, 2013 7:15 PM

JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:
JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:

Actually, it may be worse than that....since Rei has a bad habit of snowballing.

Proof...

Also the fact that Rei is

Jun 7, 2013 7:20 PM

el_putazo said:
Dafuq?

Its just hentai and a vanilla one at that, no tentacles/rape/ntr/anal/futa or any other crazy shit

Jun 7, 2013 7:24 PM

el_putazo said:
JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:
JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:

Proof...
Dafuq?

you do realize rei is a clone of shinji's mother right? so i guess that makes him a motherfucker
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jun 7, 2013 7:25 PM

Incest is wincest.

Jun 7, 2013 7:30 PM

mattbenz99 said:
el_putazo said:
JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:
JustALEX said:
el_putazo said:

Proof...
Dafuq?

Hey bro, lemme wrap that for ya.

Jun 7, 2013 7:59 PM

I thought the EoE ending was fairly easy compared to episodes 25 and 26 of the main series. In fact, i couldn't even finish episodes 25 and 26 because they were basically meaningless rehash.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~

Jun 7, 2013 8:02 PM

Babyeater said:
I thought the EoE ending was fairly easy compared to episodes 25 and 26 of the main series. In fact, i couldn't even finish episodes 25 and 26 because they were basically meaningless rehash.

B-but you missed out!

And now you're a-o-kay.
Modified by Shoryu, Jun 7, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 7, 2013 8:08 PM

Tavor said:
Babyeater said:

B-but you missed out!

And now you're a-o-kay.

You ruined it! i was supposed to wade through all that drivel to be able to see that.

Anyway, i'm currently biding my time on 1.0-4.0 to watch all of them in some sort of marathon run, but I've heard that 1 and 2 were good but 3 dropped the ball. I really don't want to go into it because of spoilers etc so ill just post this and leave.

Oh, and the wait isn't bad for me because i disliked eva as a whole anyway, but I'm willing to wait to see "how it was really meant to be done" or whatever the director dude declared.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~

Jun 7, 2013 8:19 PM

3nvy said:
One thing that you all may have missed: Asuka is best gurl.

Um....clearly you didn't read any of my posts.

Jun 8, 2013 3:06 AM

3nvy said:
JustALEX said:
3nvy said:
One thing that you all may have missed: Asuka is best gurl.

Um....clearly you didn't read any of my posts.

I didn't even read the thread. #ballin

You live life on the edge.

Also, everyone knows that Rei is best gurl

Jun 18, 2013 1:47 AM

Man this anime deserves a -1

lmfao

all i got out of this anime was RABBLE RABBLE I JUST PULLED SHIT OUT OF MY ANUS

2deep4me

Jun 19, 2013 1:50 AM

Zeally said:

all i got out of this anime was RABBLE RABBLE I JUST PULLED SHIT OUT OF MY ANUS

Well then yeah, joking aside: Literally too deep for you.

Aug 4, 2013 5:59 PM
I thought I understood it until the last 2 episodes.

Aug 4, 2013 6:14 PM

ElPysCongroo said:
asainareasome said:

Trying to explain end of Evangalion requires a PhD in Bullshitting. I only got a BTEC in it sadly but I will try.
From what I gathered this all just speculation is that and what I think(this show heavily relies on the viewer making up their own bs), humanity pretty much goes to paradise and become one, while shinji is left behind and becomes God, but because hes so pathetic , even with his new omnipotence he does nothing but drown in his only self loathing, and because he's a masochist he imagines Auska(and becuase hes now omnipotent she comes into being) just so he can have someone tell him hes pathetic. As for why he's chokes Auska some sort of symbolism for jerking off, i guess? lol
This is of course all just what I got from it, but the ending and the series on whole is one of the largest pile of pretentious wank ever produced, its still interesting though.

They don't 'go to paradise'. Shinji did not 'become God'. Rei gave him a choice. He rejected Instrumentality. He's not pathetic or masochistic; that's your personal opinion, although he definitely has problems. Just because you have the majority on your side doesn't make it any more objective. I don't see why it's pretentious, although the last 2 episodes were famously known for the studio having run out of budget. That's why there's End of Evangelion.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.

Aug 16, 2013 2:45 PM

kuity said:
ElPysCongroo said:
asainareasome said:

They don't 'go to paradise'. Shinji did not 'become God'. Rei gave him a choice. He rejected Instrumentality. He's not pathetic or masochistic; that's your personal opinion, although he definitely has problems. Just because you have the majority on your side doesn't make it any more objective. I don't see why it's pretentious, although the last 2 episodes were famously known for the studio having run out of budget. That's why there's End of Evangelion.

As I stated before, the ending is open to interpretation, and Shinji becoming God, or a God like being is a pretty common interpretation. As for stuff I said with shinji I'm pretty sure their my own opinions of him, and its not as if there's no evidence for him being a masochist or and he hates himself throughout the series. And do I really need to explain why NGE is pretentious? I can't be bothered to list but I guess I point you to a guy who could say it better than I could. The Sage.

http://benthesage.com/reviews/aa/anime-abandon-the-end-of-evangelion/
Modified by ElPysCongroo, Aug 16, 2013 2:51 PM

Aug 16, 2013 2:53 PM

ryugazakin said:
Best explanation of Evangelion ever.

Aug 21, 2013 9:19 AM
Here:

Dec 14, 2013 11:20 AM

Paul said:

Very well made. Explains a lot of things. A 3-min monologue that gives more information about Eva than Eva itself.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Mar 11, 2014 1:19 AM

mattbenz99 said:
the ending of the tv series neon genesis evangelion actually doesnt mean anything because they ran out of money and had to improvise something for the final few episodes. the production team realized this early on and tried to take precautionary measure like less movement during talking and explanation scenes and at certain points lowering the animation quality but it was not enough. that is why the last episodes are like that lack of funds. the movie the end of evangelion is another beast all together.

Just because they ran out of money and the ending was improvised doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything. This show is like a piece of modern art, some people look at it and can't make sense of it so they call it crap. In others it evokes thoughts and feelings from within their self which give it meaning. Yes Evangelion reflects lazy storytelling in some parts, but in some areas it provokes thought and discussion through leaving things out.
Love and Peace!!!

Mar 28, 2014 12:10 AM

I'll try to explain this to you in an easier way.

Modified by Shabadabaxxx, Mar 28, 2014 12:14 AM

Apr 2, 2014 1:50 PM

The ending made me feel like I've just been put through a bad acid trip. It was like an epic mismatch of Freud's psychoanalysis theories laden heavy religious context and Anno's own philosophical musing. It ended up being quite incoherent to me. And this comes from a guy who enjoys watching psychedelic films from Lynch, Kukbrick, etc.

Honestly, I thought the show would have been great without the pointless Christianity themes/symbolisms. It takes away viewers attention from what is truly important in the show - the fragility of human relationships and the importance of it. I thought the first few episodes of the NGE TV series was really well done. Characters felt real, the show was very engaging on the human side. It was an mecha anime about human relationships - how innovative was that? And then it went downhill when it started with its Christian references and ideas which was really self-defeating. In the end, the religious context got thrown out of the window, and we're just brought back to the very base of what the anime is about - our struggles - whether to continue living as such or to discard it completely.

Shinji might be not endear himself to many with his whiny and childish behaviour, but it is no surprise he is the character that generates the strongest emotions. That is because a Shinji exists in each and everyone of us, representing our own fears and insecurities. People can relate to that, but they hate that side of them. Throughout the whole show, if you realise, he didn't really grow much at all. He started the show as weak, indecisive and insecure lad, and he ended the show somewhat that way. For an anime without the Shounen-y trope of the ever growing MC must have a farce for many. But at the end he made the choice to live again, accepting his flaws and the people around him. That is biggest step he took in the whole show, which brings us back to the theme of moving forward. In many ways, you can say making this film is catharsis for a depressed Anno with Shinji being his anime counterpart as he goes through a journey to live again.
Modified by Hitchcocker, Apr 2, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 7, 2015 11:05 PM

Its 2015 and I still see no Angels :/

Feb 2, 2015 12:04 PM
It will all return to nothing once 3.0+1.0 comes out.

Khara a shit.
Anno a shit.
Fuck 3.0.

Yes I'm still mad I don't care.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »