Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Karneval
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2013 11:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well what do you know, Nai can actually do something like taking care of magical creatures:

Speaking of magical creatures, I see a horned beast of sorts. Idk what it is but it looked like a hybrid of horse/goat/weird.

Oh nice to see Tsukumo back well this episode :3
Stark700Jun 5, 2013 4:46 PM
Jun 5, 2013 3:21 PM

Nov 2007
Temporary living with 1st group, then back to 2nd group with Jiki. lol @ Nai being afraid of Jiki (even though I know it from the manga).

lol~ @ "Yogi being simple" line.

I'm not sure if the anime end with that huge and important event...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
Okay episode. Was slow, but I expected that to happen. Though lots of information regarding the Circus bracelets were released, such as it using "Omnipotent cells" from Animals that have evolved due to the harsh environments/survival.
Jun 7, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2012
I was expecting to see more of evil guys, Karoku and Uro, but we only got them for a little at the end.

Ok episode, kinda boring, but that's how it rolls.
Jun 7, 2013 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
Aww we got to have Nai have a little talk and realize he's not a nuisance!! Nai gets reassurance!!

It's nice to see Yogi being his silly self again! I'M SO GLAD TSUKUMO'S ALRIGHT!!!!

Jun 7, 2013 4:48 PM

May 2013
Good to see that Tsukumo is alright.
Jun 7, 2013 5:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yay my favorite scene is animated!!! I love the part when Nai (and Gareki) brush the rabbits, so adorable X) hm although not a huge deal, they rushed the part with the creatures a bit, like Nai eating the berries that attract the creatures to him. Also wasn't there something attached to one of the creatures? Meh it's probably not that important....I think. Nice episode though. I'm liking Tsukitachi a lot, especially after the conversation with Nai. And yay for Yogi recovering and the usual bickering between him and Gareki ^^
Jun 7, 2013 6:35 PM

Oct 2011
Tsukumo is alive!!! TwT
Jun 7, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2012
Yogi is a M
Yukkin is too cute. LOL @ Akari-sensei
onepineJun 7, 2013 11:48 PM
Jun 7, 2013 10:47 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, everyone is okay! ^^
Ah, yes, the comforting feeling of the second ship ^^

Jun 7, 2013 11:14 PM

Jun 2010
Aahhh, Nai is too adorable.I think my heart exploded.
Jun 7, 2013 11:44 PM
Mar 2010
Nai, you're too adorable. BE MY LITTLE BROTHER! <3 <3
And Gareki being tsundere. <3
And Yogi being deredere. <3
And Jiki being Jiki. I didn't like Jiki much in the manga and I don't like him in the anime either.
Other than that, actually, they shouldn't have rushed through this episode. It'll leave any viewers with a lot of questions.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 8, 2013 3:30 AM
Mar 2013
not a bad episode but i expected to see Karoku more
i wonder how is gonna end all this
Jun 8, 2013 3:33 AM

Feb 2013
Yogi is too cute. I can't help but love him.

Jun 8, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
My favorite episode!

Why people don't like Jiki!?
I personally I love all characters! *.*
Jun 8, 2013 5:37 AM

Jun 2008
Hirato x Tsukumo scene was soooo much better in the manga. In the manga at least Hirato looked worried with Tsukumo and that did not happen here T___T
Also Yogi did not have this idiotic face in the manga in the hug scene. oh well.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 8, 2013 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
Will Gareki always be so weak? Ah well an okay ep, but its a bit sad just how useless and helpless the main duo is.
Jun 8, 2013 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
Does anyone else have problems with Anime-Koi on this anime?
When the ending starts my KMPlayer goes crazy and it's unable to turn it off.
This happens both on my laptop and my PC :/

@the episode

Yogi's face was soooo cute~ *w*
I'm glad he came to the rescue :3

Jun 8, 2013 6:19 AM
Feb 2013
gissellebatista said:
Yogi is too cute. I can't help but love him.

Me too
Jun 8, 2013 7:42 AM

Sep 2011
RedArmyShogun said:
Will Gareki always be so weak? Ah well an okay ep, but its a bit sad just how useless and helpless the main duo is.

No. But we probably won't get that far.
Jun 8, 2013 8:33 AM

Feb 2011
Boring episode , but ...

Jun 8, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
This episode was a little slow, but I loved it!

Yogi is so adorable!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jun 8, 2013 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
Meh, it was kind of a boring episode. When it ended it was like 'Oh, is that it?'. Ugh, and now another week until the next one...
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 8, 2013 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode!!!

Nice to see Tsukumo return back where Hirato found her but why was she being shipped in that way and for what reason did Karoku did this for as it seems to be signifying something? It was a good change to see Gareki and Nai being under the care of the First Ship and it was cute seeing them two clean the magical creatures which leads them to helping them clean the room. The field trip to Vinto had a pretty unique environment and lots of special creatures. It was also interesting to find out that the Circus bracelets were made using an omnipotent cell called Incura which can be used for using techniques like 'materializing' but it seems to be a double-edged sword which can cause the user to be overwhelmed similar to Yogi's situation but it shows him to be recovered later so that is good to hear.

I guess Kiri was injected by one of those Varuga injections but it seems to be cleansed by Kiichi. Good to see Gareki and Nai back at the First Ship but it seems like Jiki will be next to them much to Nai's surprise so it will be interesting to see how this progresses and its always good to see them reunite with Tsukumo and everything seems to be at peace for now.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 8, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2013
First of all, I would like to thank Karoku for sending Tsukumo back on a lovely flower bed.
Second, I would like to thank Hirato for saving Tsukumo.

Starting from now, I will name those cute rabbit henchmen Usa!
And speaking of cute things, Yukkin makes a brief appearance!
And also, a new animal has joined the cute wagon: the moss lizard!

First Ship Captain, Tsukitachi, is a cool character. And just like Hirato, he can summon girls from his hat!
Speaking of girls from hats, were it his girls who made the Kiri (bicorn goat hybrid thing) angry or was that just the reaction from the drug?

I am annoyed with Jiki and Kiichi. But then again, Jiki is super fast and Kiichi is OP.
Hopefully, Gareki gains some power and some respect.

Yogi and Tsukumo are back!
Gareki X Yogi!! Nai X Tsukumo!!

I like the concept of Incura. I hope we learn more during the next episode and at least see some action.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 8, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
well not bad episode.
kinda boring but Tsukumo-chan isn't dead- its very important ^^
Jun 8, 2013 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
I have this incredible desire to beat Kiichi and Jiki to death!

Second ship clearly has a much more warm and friendly atmosphere than First Ship.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 8, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
Those rabbits were pretty creepy, I must say.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 8, 2013 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
i don't trust that jiki guy

shot to the heart?
Jun 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Feb 2013
A lot of cute things this episode, from Yukinn, to the Usa bunnies, to Nai himself. Nothing much happened, another monster-of-the-week episode. Far more interesting though was that they were able to find Tsukumo and now Yogi's back to normal. However, what happened with Tsukumo and Karoku? And was it Karoku who sent her down river? And what's going on with Karoku himself. First he was lying down and then next shot he's outside with brat-chan. Does he have a doppelganger or did he just get up really fast? And what do they mean that soon he'll be just skin and bones? What's going on?

This show is almost over and I feel like we've spent too much time on filler or monster-of-the-week. What happened to the plot again?

I give this episode a 6.5/10, mostly because of the extra cute things. Those bunnies and their furballs, Kawaii!!
Jun 8, 2013 6:15 PM
Apr 2012
The issue with this series being animated is the same one that Pandora Hearts has, the real meat of the plot doesn't show up until much later on, so in the beginning there doesn't seems to be much of a plot going on, but it all ends up being interconnected. Most likely this anime was simply meant to promote the manga, which is why it only has 13 episodes (or was it 12?).

I'm currently living in Japan, in Toyama City to be exact, and we have a small Animate. Karneval seems to be quite popular there, though I don't know if it is popular enough to garner another season (and even if it did get another season, another 12/13 episodes still wouldn't be enough to tell the whole plot).

As someone who has read the manga, I've been enjoying this anime for what it is. The first episode was good (better than I expected), but the second episode was quite bad, but it has gotten steadily better ever since. I do enjoy the manga a lot, but there were times when the explanations were a bit complicated and confusing (even in the original Japanese), so the anime helps simplify and clarify certain bits of information and happenings.

I always knew that pacing was going to be an issue and that the ending was going to be disappointing no matter how it was done (it was either going to be far too open ended or an anime original ending). The closer the ending comes the sadder I get. I've been having fun with this series and I liked being able to just watch and think about it on an individual episode basis.

As an adaptation, this anime isn't all that bad. A little rushed at times, but not nearly as poorly done as some other adaptations (such as the aforementioned Pandora Hearts). As an anime in and of itself though, this series is probably around the average range, with a little extra push due to the lovely art, music, and etc (so probably around a 6).
Jun 9, 2013 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was boring imo. Only good thing was Tsukumo was back
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 9, 2013 5:38 AM
Jul 2018

I don't know what am I gonna do if the ending sucks so baaaad.
Loved that Hirato and Tsukumo scene. :3
Jun 9, 2013 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
I was disappointed that the "Kiri" death scene didn't go like it did in the manga. It was a lot more heartfelt in the manga, kinda bittersweet. In the anime it was just, here he is oh wait no he isn't......

Yogi's crying face was super adorable though! As well as Gareki blushing :3

I wonder where they are going to end the series. I can think of a kinda logical place but I'm not sure they'll pick it. Hmmm.
Jun 9, 2013 4:02 PM
Aug 2012
LilyGinnyBlack said:
The issue with this series being animated is the same one that Pandora Hearts has, the real meat of the plot doesn't show up until much later on, so in the beginning there doesn't seems to be much of a plot going on, but it all ends up being interconnected. Most likely this anime was simply meant to promote the manga, which is why it only has 13 episodes (or was it 12?).

I'm currently living in Japan, in Toyama City to be exact, and we have a small Animate. Karneval seems to be quite popular there, though I don't know if it is popular enough to garner another season (and even if it did get another season, another 12/13 episodes still wouldn't be enough to tell the whole plot).

As someone who has read the manga, I've been enjoying this anime for what it is. The first episode was good (better than I expected), but the second episode was quite bad, but it has gotten steadily better ever since. I do enjoy the manga a lot, but there were times when the explanations were a bit complicated and confusing (even in the original Japanese), so the anime helps simplify and clarify certain bits of information and happenings.

I always knew that pacing was going to be an issue and that the ending was going to be disappointing no matter how it was done (it was either going to be far too open ended or an anime original ending). The closer the ending comes the sadder I get. I've been having fun with this series and I liked being able to just watch and think about it on an individual episode basis.

As an adaptation, this anime isn't all that bad. A little rushed at times, but not nearly as poorly done as some other adaptations (such as the aforementioned Pandora Hearts). As an anime in and of itself though, this series is probably around the average range, with a little extra push due to the lovely art, music, and etc (so probably around a 6).

I'd also give it 6 in terms of an anime. As an adaptation, frankly its doing really well, a solid 8 for now. Mostly its cutting unnecessary stuff from the manga quite well, doing well with simplifying the unnecessary confusing stuff, and focusing on parts which needs attention.

If I'm to ask which is better, I would say this anime is a lot better than manga. I don't even know why I held onto this manga for some 1st 9 chapters when they were nothing but utter bore. It wasn't until chapter 10, and Yogi fighting those Vagura birds in Niji forest & getting worried for Gakerki that I started taking interest, like whoa wasn't this ditz supposed to be a side characters, why are we getting an insight into his feeling? and from there I got a bit of respect for the writing and continued with enthusiasm. I turned out wrong to think of Yogi as a side character initially, but whatever it has been a great ride since then. Point is the 1st epi of the anime was gold compare to the bore of 9+ chapters.

There are a few mistakes I see that the anime team has made, most prominent is the 3 epi they dragged on Gareki background! 3 freakin whole episodes. Then a whole chapter on the Karneval right after. Infact the middle part of this anime in general dragged on which could easily have been avoided. After a well done 8 & 9 epi, we got this dull episode. Sure they are following manga straight but even when I knew this part will take a full episode, I ended up asking was it really needed? I didn't even bother with the subs with this one.

Random thoughts while watching raw:

Hmm Hirato/Tsukumo moment has no power unlike manga. dunno why they changed and put Tsunuko in a flower bed but whatever.

They couldn't make this new area nearly as beautiful as Niji forest, it should've been prettier. Wouldve made the epi more watchable.

Kichii might be a bitch, but she's an OP. Solid performance as compared to Tsukumo ans Yogi. No wonder she looks down on them.

Jiki is too blunt, seriously but he's right.

Wow they brushed over Tsukumo kidnap and near death experience even worse then manga..wow.

lol poor Gareki was about to cry lol.

Yogi is so childish!

Karouku scene was well done, and more ambiguous than in the manga which is a good choice. It didn't give anything away unlike manga.

the end.

I'm rather excited for next epi purely from an academic kinda perspective. Interested in seeing how the anime team will handle those 4 chapters in 1 epi and avoid making it seem random and utter bore. The manga chapters were Yawn.

but I have no doubt the climax will rock! We will have two episodes for bam bam action/high emotion/mystery and it will be beautiful. It was great in the manga, no way it will suck in anime which is doing a better job in almost all respects!

P.S. Speaking of Pandora Hearts I love Vincent Nightray. :-)
KarshiJun 9, 2013 4:15 PM
Jun 9, 2013 5:04 PM

May 2013
So cute the Hirato and Tsukumo scene in the animation *w*
And Yogi is just... ugh... He's adorable!
Jun 9, 2013 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Still can't decide whether I like this show or not, but I'm still watching so that's a positive thing.

Jiki has a bit of a vicious streak doesn't he? And I'm interested to see who the spy/double agent is in Circus. Looks like everyone's getting a visit from Varuga drug dealers nowadays. Also, I hate to say it but I'm glad to see Yogi back.

Jun 10, 2013 4:32 AM

May 2010
...Ok episode.
Jun 10, 2013 10:44 AM

Apr 2011
It was an Ok episode.Not much happened.

I am happy that Tsukumo is back and safe :3
And, yes Yogi is also back and with a good entrance.
Jun 10, 2013 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder if Gareki will use the same power as Circus in order to protect Nai???
Jun 11, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2011
So glad to see Tsukumo alright like that. And I am liking the members of the first ship. Kiichi is cute and Jiki seems pretty cool tbh.
Jun 12, 2013 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
So Tsukumo got out of their without a scratch? Huh...
Jun 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2009
watching this anime because of Tsukomo-chan
Jun 12, 2013 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
Tyrel said:
RedArmyShogun said:

No. But we probably won't get that far.

Damn that sucks I was looking forward to Gareki getting some powers or something. It's still good as it is but It would be nice for him to get a little stronger and be able to hold his own in a fight. Decent episode, it seems its back to the second ship.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 15, 2013 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Hirato x Tsukumo <3
____

it's a pitty the plot is not developing...
i gave 3 for episode, but it was cute
Jun 18, 2013 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
So.. Why Tsukumo was released ?
Jun 29, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2009
I'm happy ^^ I'm happy that Tsukumo didn't die... I was really scared!!!
I hate you Karoku. I don't want to see Tsukomo dead since she's one of my favorite female character!!!
Jun 29, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2009
hahahaha!!! Lol at the ending! XD
"So Yogi has evolved into such a simple form!" hahahahah XD
Jul 10, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
Wow what a typical douche cliffhanger kinda thing, pretty good episode overall. Probably a transition episode to something else but we might get some more of these first.
Arlia said:
So.. Why Tsukumo was released ?

Probably because Karoku isn't really an evil douche, he probably has his reasons which we may get to know in 5 trillion years.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, this is officially my FAVORITE episode of the series so far >_<! I love the comedy in it, and Yogi is just perf <3

When Gareki blushed though, oh my god, that was just so kawaii!!

There HAS to be more than 13 episodes, I NEED MOAR ;~;
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2013

90 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

120 by senekohan »»
Sep 24, 2022 10:37 AM

» Possibe Season 2 (considered)

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2013

12 by FurkanTurin12 »»
Aug 2, 2022 7:30 AM

» Karneval, why u no have season 2?!

Kitty-Kate - May 9, 2019

5 by Femuwu »»
May 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

60 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.