Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 19, 2013 12:53 PM

Disappointing. The prequel is probably gonna be better.

Jun 19, 2013 1:03 PM

deadjames said:
Woah, I'm slamming my opinion? You're the one who attacked me for not liking it by making a snarky comment. Also, yes Uncharted does have a lot of emphasis on stealth, and lack of ammo doesn't change the gameplay, it just means enemies have lower drop rates, and no you can't upgrade weapons in Uncharted, but that again doesn't affect the core gameplay, and I prefer games without upgrade systems because they add a layer of tedium to the games that really just exist to make it feel longer, atmopshere also doesn't affect gameplay, and no clunky controls = clunky controls, unlike Naughty Dog's other games like Crash and Jak and Daxter, The Last of Us requires very little actual skill.

You stating your opinion as a fact, no? You was extremely biassed towards TLOU even before release, no? You bashing game because it's not the way you like it, i.e. not another platformer which doesn't change since I played it on my SNES back in 94. You still can't (or don't want) understand that for these kind of games story, character development, atmosphere means more than gameplay (which is absolutely fine by the way). Not to mention that you started holy war against every individual who praised it on MAL. I don't know, you like a fucking tool dude, or the wall, nah, what else expect from ninty drones. Ciao.

Jun 19, 2013 1:07 PM

deadjames said:
lx_theo said:
Addressing a few things

Uncharted and TLOU are similar in gunplay, and little else. Uncharted is blatantly an rompy action adventure game. TLOU is a mature and brutal survival horror game. The entire feel the combat is completely different. If you try to play TLOU like Uncharted, you will die and die a lot. The melee is onyl similar in some of the button inputs. The stealth is only similar in that you can take people out from behind. There are so many more layers to TLOU with so many more systems, it forces you to be strategic.

The time of the game seems to generally vary from 12-18 hours, for those curious. 14-16 hours seems the norm. I've seen some people claim up to 26 hours, though,

For the ending...

As for the gunplay feel itself, I read a really interesting take on it on a another board. This person, who apparently lived in another country, recounted a time where they themselves found themselves in a gunfight. They said that the sort of fumbling and not precise gunplay of TLOU was almost spot on to how it actually felt being in a real scenario of a gunfight of those sorts.
Be that as it may games should not strive for that level of realism because it's not fun, it's tedious and frustrating.

Except most people like it and feels its adds to the experience immensely. The gameplay does a wonderful job of enhancing the atmosphere and general storytelling in the game. It works extremely well together.

I found it made it better. The gameplay in itself is good but not great. But when considering the overall picture, it adds much more to the game than the sum of its parts.

EDIT: Oh, and its not tedious and frustrating if you play the game remotely intelligently.

Jun 19, 2013 1:44 PM

deadjames said:
Be that as it may games should not strive for that level of realism because it's not fun, it's tedious and frustrating.

As someone who's only seen and never played the game, I wonder: realism in which sense?

Jun 19, 2013 1:49 PM

Not interested.

Jun 19, 2013 1:57 PM
otaking
elevenletters said:
Nidstang said:
Not interested.

Bad taste is bad.

the so called realisi of false the real world on brown and gray
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jun 19, 2013 2:29 PM

Lipi said:
deadjames said:

As someone who's only seen and never played the game, I wonder: realism in which sense?

I assume that was referencing the last paragraph of my post that was quoted.

Jun 19, 2013 3:21 PM

This game is awesome, one the best I've ever played. I cried when

I reckon this would be quite true to life if the whole fungus zombie situation happened in real life.

Jun 19, 2013 3:37 PM

I would play at if I had the money... Duh.

Jun 19, 2013 7:43 PM

Litrydow said:
Disappointing. The prequel is probably gonna be better.

lmao

Jun 20, 2013 12:13 AM

That prequel might actually be interesting. Like crafting your own fire n' stuff. That's the work of the epics!

So uh, when are we gonna get a space version?

Regarding this discussion above, try to keep it less emotional guys it's dangerously flying towards a flawe-war.

I reckon this would be quite true to life if the whole fungus zombie situation happened in real life.

The infestation in the game is based on a real life virus called Cordyceps which takes over small insects like ants, grows inside them, then "orders" them to lay down and die after which the fungie grows from its victim and erupts infecting the area around. The only difference is that the real life counterpart cannot affect humans
Modified by Werchiel, Jun 20, 2013 12:18 AM

Jun 20, 2013 9:24 PM

MajorZero said:
deadjames said:
Woah, I'm slamming my opinion? You're the one who attacked me for not liking it by making a snarky comment. Also, yes Uncharted does have a lot of emphasis on stealth, and lack of ammo doesn't change the gameplay, it just means enemies have lower drop rates, and no you can't upgrade weapons in Uncharted, but that again doesn't affect the core gameplay, and I prefer games without upgrade systems because they add a layer of tedium to the games that really just exist to make it feel longer, atmopshere also doesn't affect gameplay, and no clunky controls = clunky controls, unlike Naughty Dog's other games like Crash and Jak and Daxter, The Last of Us requires very little actual skill.

You stating your opinion as a fact, no? You was extremely biassed towards TLOU even before release, no? You bashing game because it's not the way you like it, i.e. not another platformer which doesn't change since I played it on my SNES back in 94. You still can't (or don't want) understand that for these kind of games story, character development, atmosphere means more than gameplay (which is absolutely fine by the way). Not to mention that you started holy war against every individual who praised it on MAL. I don't know, you like a fucking tool dude, or the wall, nah, what else expect from ninty drones. Ciao.
Wait, remind me who's stating their opinion as fact again?

Jun 22, 2013 6:56 AM

That ending.

God damn.

Jun 22, 2013 7:22 AM

I gave up buying PS3 games at the turn of the year and I'm not going to buy this.

However I may download it onto the PS4, if Sony come good on their 'download popular PS3 titles' thing (and if the game makes it)

Jun 22, 2013 7:35 AM

It's a good game, but doesn't deserve the massive praise it's getting from everywhere, especially the numerous 10's being thrown around. One of TLOU's biggest flaw; Listen Mode.

Jun 22, 2013 8:13 AM

great game, just finished it. Well deserving of all praise, up for game of the year. Great story, amazing characters, atmosphere, game play and omg the brilliant soundtrack. this game had it all. I dont know how people can find any faults.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 24, 2013 1:44 PM

while this was a fun game i feel it is a bit overrated and way overhyped

Jun 24, 2013 1:46 PM

jinxo said:
while this was a fun game i feel it is a bit overrated and way overhyped

says this while having a picture of ellie for his sig and psn profile

Finished it last week, loved it, the winter chapter is easily one of my favorite moments all this generation.not sure if its my goty but its up there

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 24, 2013 2:05 PM

the sig background pic and psn card is automatically updated based on the last game played. how about you think before you type.

Jun 24, 2013 3:12 PM

elevenletters said:
DateYutaka said:
elevenletters said:
Nidstang said:
Not interested.

Bad taste is bad.

the so called realisi of false the real world on brown and gray

What's wrong with brown and gray?

He said before it makes the game boring wich I can understand until some extent but if it's appropriate to any game with post-apocalyptic setting or anything else that isn't trying to focus on positive feeelings why would you fill it with colors?
The color scheme isn't a problem with this game so there's nothing wrong with brown and gray here.
But Date you said your favorite horror game is SH so...? You favorite it but it's still boring for you? Would it feel better with colorful scheme?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]