Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 2, 2013 8:59 AM

May 2013
Time is really an amazing thing if you think about it, reality, existence, life, all progress forward through frames of space in an unstoppable and invisible path. Really an amazing concept, how we are given the reality of moving forward, A world of constant progression and endless possibility. Simply amazing...

Too bad i waste all my fucking time dicking off on the internet.

Seriously I have 0 sense of time management and It's a wonder that I can function in everyday society.

Focusing on tasks, prioritizing my time, setting goals, keeping track of my work. I can do all these things about as well as a half-retarded octopus. I lose my sense of time and I get behind on work and studies and I really live a "thrown together at the last minute" sort of life style.

Keep in mind there is a difference between deliberate procrastination because you don't want to do something, and what I'm talking about. This is when you cannot organize yourself and your priorities to do things on time, resulting in things like procrastination.

I hope I'm not the only one and I'm curious what people on the forums have to say.

Question: How well do you manage your time?

If suck at it like me: Why? How does it affect you? What have you tried to fix it

If your a timely person: How do you do it? Give us some pro-tips

Thanks sexy.

AWWWWWWW SHIT, 100 POSTS. I'M NOT EVEN A NOOB ANYMORE. EVERYONE FIGHT ME.

DingoBingoJun 2, 2013 9:12 AM

IM BACK
Jun 2, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2012
i procrastinate to the point of not even doing my work because i didn't leave enough time for it

my time management is awful though; i tend to leave too little time to do things and then i have to rush through it because i thought i could get it done in that amount of time
or i'll leave too much time if i think i'm going to be slow at something and then i'll have too much time on my hands orz

usually my planning revolves around when i think i'm going to wake up that day
Jun 2, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2013
shotademon said:
i procrastinate to the point of not even doing my work because i didn't leave enough time for it

my time management is awful though; i tend to leave too little time to do things and then i have to rush through it because i thought i could get it done in that amount of time
or i'll leave too much time if i think i'm going to be slow at something and then i'll have too much time on my hands orz

usually my planning revolves around when i think i'm going to wake up that day

I can manipulate time.. At least of all the sh'ts that I've thought of myself, at last something to be proud of.. "Time Management" .. In my entire school years, there weren't a time that I've passed an important project late, except if I forget it or I have less interest in doing so..
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Jun 2, 2013 10:14 AM

Oct 2010
I timed myself on the internet to find out how much time was spent pointlessly browsing. It's quite scary how much time I waste.
Jun 2, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2013
okay, I'll be honest. I don't even have a concrete concept of what time management is. All I can say is that, I procrastinate a lot and when the time comes for work, I do it. If it's not important then fuck it.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 2, 2013 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
I think a few recent Blondie strips gave a good example of how I manage my time when I have too much stuff to do...

sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 2, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2011
Im very good at time management, most of this comes from the fact that im nocturnal and that somehow doesnt affect my body negatively despite getting less than recorded average sleep, though this may be because i sleep through the entire weekend

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 3, 2013 12:12 AM

Oct 2012
I've got extremely bad time management. Ill decide to wake up early in the morning to finish the stuff on time, but then get distracted on skype. I then get on the bus, find a seat, and then start reading manga. During lunch, I end up doing it, but extremely poorly...and then go on to reading manga.

Jun 3, 2013 12:14 AM

Apr 2012
posting on these forums be killing my time management :3

Jun 3, 2013 12:16 AM
Jan 2013
I got kinda good at time management, I just say to myself "I wont be able to dodge this thing anyway, might as well do it now". A wrist watch helps a lot or a cellphone.
Jun 3, 2013 12:19 AM
May 2010
I had a strict schedule until I joined MAL and it all fell apart.
Jun 3, 2013 12:21 AM

Oct 2012
I don't manage time... But I do manage my forum posts.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 3, 2013 12:22 AM

Apr 2013
My time management is so good i can work and post here at the same time.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Jun 3, 2013 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
depends, really. But I always feel guilty and painful when I go online to play or whatever while carrying a bunch of assignments that I have yet to complete.
Jun 3, 2013 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
I don't have to worry about time management because I can manipulate time. It's fairly useful when I'm not feeling well but have a lot to do or just feeling plain lazy.
KawaiiWeeabooJun 3, 2013 9:50 AM
Jun 3, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
The amount of times I've miscalculated how long homework should take is immeasurable. Not including the time it takes to completely review the material hours before a final.

So uh... yeah I should start early this time.
Jun 3, 2013 9:50 AM
Mar 2012
Doing the things a week or so beforehand has worked out for me so far, so I will keep doing so until I am forced to make a plan for things. Which is pretty easy in my experience.

LanaNi said:
I had a strict schedule until I joined MAL and it all fell apart.

Your schedule has been a mess for 3 years now?
Jun 3, 2013 10:08 AM

Mar 2013
Grad school either destroys your time management or improves it to the point where you don't really do anything else. Either way it ruins your life. (I fell into the latter.)
Jun 3, 2013 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
My "Favorite Characters" list should answer the question for me.
Jun 3, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
I can manipulate time.
Jun 3, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
My time management has been so bad, for so long that ive actually become efficient at wasting it. On one hand Im doing everything at the very last minute. on the other, I have a pretty solid idea of how much time it will take to do something, and can almost always get it done.
Bro-K201Jun 3, 2013 4:23 PM
Jun 3, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
Procrastination is my friend.

Jun 4, 2013 4:52 AM

Feb 2012
I can't bring myself to have my shit done unless the deadline is really close, so yeah, I'd say my time management skills are really poor.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 4, 2013 4:56 AM

Apr 2008
With short term goals my time management is perfect, this is because I've been a procrastinator my whole life, but my procrastination only kicks in when the rewards aren't instant.

So for instance if I have a mock trial or a debate - in 1 week - then I will devote myself to that debate / mock-trial without hesitation for a whole week prior to it, the same goes for a test or assignment, I will literally sit and devote all my time to it - during that week.

Things get out of hand on a more long term basis. For instance I skip a lot of classes (always have to catch up at the end of term) For 3 years running now my Easter Break (month before the exams) has basically been a giant revision session during which I've been revising 50% of the course, but I've also been learning 50% of the course from scratch thanks to my procrastination throughout the year.

What I'm trying to say is - in order to make up for my laziness all year round I locked myself in my room 6 weeks prior to the exams and only emerged when they were over - Procrastination means you have to make up for it somehow.

I'm just so glad my exams are over now.
Jun 4, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2013
Chibi-Alice said:
I can manipulate time.

But in all seriousness if sleeping and Internet didn't constantly distract me, I would be awesome at time management. As it stands... Meh.
Jun 4, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
I hate being pressed by deadlines so I do almost everything as soon as I can. Procrastination has bit me hard before, and it didn't feel good. Not recommended.
But in all seriousness I'm pretty good at time management. It also helps that not being punctual hurts my OCD.
Jun 4, 2013 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
I tend to procrastinate a lot, since I can't have myself concentrate on something when there is no real pressure to do so.

More topics from this board

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

307 by AverageRiceFan »»
1 minute ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - Yesterday

8 by AlphaMaleScotty »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 7 hours ago

7 by Kamikaze_404 »»
1 hour ago

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

12 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

13 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.