Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 598 Discussion

Jun 1, 2013 7:29 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can't really say much happened this episode besides Vergo being shown and Kin'emon getting his body back.

Getting to see Vergo animated having food stuck to his face is pretty hilarious and the voice actor for him is really good.

Here are some videos from the episode if you want to watch parts over again.

Modified by Wind_Sr, Jun 1, 2013 8:55 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski

Jun 1, 2013 7:41 PM

woah.. maybe that samurai will be the last person who will join the strawhat.. O_O

there's a chance

luffy said he will get 10 friends

he have now 8 + jinbei = 9 .. i wonder who's the last one

there's a high chance that the last one will be a woman a strong one.. or maybe that samurai? low chance but still have a chance.. woahhhh can't wait
Modified by AzurePisces, Jun 1, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 1, 2013 8:00 PM
AzurePisces said:
woah.. maybe that samurai will be the last person who will join the strawhat.. O_O

there's a chance

there's a high chance that the last one will be a woman a strong one.. or maybe that samurai? low chance but still have a chance.. woahhhh can't wait

Seriously? Do you really want another swordsman/samurai that can just slice u p anything ? Brook and zoro are more than enough

Plus, i don't think that the samurai will join , he has a son afterall -.-

And don't forget that we still have a long way to go for one piece to end , so i rly doubt a new crewmate is going to join anytime soon

Jun 1, 2013 8:53 PM

This was an okay episode. The pacing is kinda slow and it disappointed me, because the anime wasn't having that many pacing problems for the past few episodes prior to this one. I think the best parts were the introduction to Vergo and the scene at the end with Zoro looking all badass.

Jun 1, 2013 9:23 PM

kuuurt said:
3/5 episode. I have only watched the raw, but I'm pretty sure Sanji said "Kenbunshoku Haki!" there. Yay.

Yup he has Observation Haki which makes Sanji even more of a beast
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski

Jun 1, 2013 9:24 PM

Sanji has Observation Haki, so cool. I knew he could use haki, but I didn't know which haki :) finally Kin'emon got his body back, that fire ability seems very cool. and I lol'd when Sanji said he's not going to return the body XD So Caesar knew that Law helped Luffy defeat the Cool brothers.

Jun 1, 2013 9:27 PM

conan4 said:
AzurePisces said:

there's a chance

Seriously? Do you really want another swordsman/samurai that can just slice u p anything ? Brook and zoro are more than enough

Plus, i don't think that the samurai will join , he has a son afterall -.-

And don't forget that we still have a long way to go for one piece to end , so i rly doubt a new crewmate is going to join anytime soon

Actually, Jinbei would be the number 10 not 9

Jun 1, 2013 9:49 PM

Very interesting episode. Many funny moments with Zoro and Brook and looks like the Samurai is pretty badass himself.

Jun 1, 2013 9:57 PM
Nice episode. Got to see Kinemon's powers and Vergo's introduced. I wonder how Vergo got a hold of Laws heart.

Lol at the part when Zoro and Brook were picking their noses

Jun 1, 2013 10:04 PM

So Vergo was able to subdue Law by crushing his heart. Now, I wonder how Law's heart get into his hand in the first place.

Kinemon can cut fire and even explosion. That's pretty neat. Wonder what will happen if he fight against Ace.
Best boi, fite me

Jun 1, 2013 10:11 PM

Why the f does this guy have a piece of meat on his face...oh well.Looks like in next episode strawhats will regain consciousness and meet Vergo guy.Can't wait :D

Jun 1, 2013 10:36 PM

Kind of wondering the same thing about the food on his face. ^^; He doesn't even seem to realize it's there... >>; Does he fall asleep in his food, too?

Kine'mon is pretty cool. :3 And he finally shows a bit of gratitude.. a little too much gratitude, actually.

Looks like Luffy is waking up? or maybe he was just having a dream about food. *shrug*

It was a little slow to me, but I still enjoyed it enough to not care that much.

Jun 1, 2013 10:47 PM

Wow. that Samurai guy could probably defeat Ace pretty damn easily when you think about it.

Jun 1, 2013 10:56 PM

Man that piece of meat on vergo face is more annoying to look at then it was on the manga.. still was a slow episode but finally picking up and slowly getting to the fights

Jun 2, 2013 1:07 AM

ahhh kinemon is so cool i can't wait to see more of him
and maybe some other samurais in the future.
swords are just too cool ^_^

Jun 2, 2013 1:09 AM

Hmm, anyone else figure out the Smoker heart swap trick yet? Big clue was shown this episode.

Slower pace this episode, but we are getting into good stuff, the big reveals are coming.

Jun 2, 2013 2:43 AM

I hope Caesar didn’t drug Luffy and the others because it looked like luffy was eating something.
Or he just had a dream about food.

Jun 2, 2013 2:47 AM
I was gonna enjoy this episode, but then HxH 82 came out, and my standards skyrocketed.

Jun 2, 2013 6:28 AM

So he got his torso back and did some badass flame cutting, pretty cool. looking forward to see what happens next ^^
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

Jun 2, 2013 7:18 AM

Law got owned a lil' too easy there :<.. or is Vergo really that strong? O_o

+ It's nice to see zoro interested in a samurai.

Jun 2, 2013 7:46 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. Best ep this arc imo.
Sanji in Nami's body is just too awesome...I love how he keeps apologizing to her <3 and it's kinda ironic how his eyes fit her better and her eyes fit him better xD
Zoro and Brook were awesome here too, they're so cute and funny together.

Jun 2, 2013 7:55 AM

AzurePisces said:

there's a chance

First of all I don't want another samurai, we already have 2. And he said that he wanted 10 not including him before he even got into the grandline. There's 8 not including hima nd we don't know if that number is still right since he said he wanted 10 before he even got into the Grand Line.

Misail said:
I hope Caesar didn’t drug Luffy and the others because it looked like luffy was eating something.
Or he just had a dream about food.
He cut off their oxygen becuase he can control gas.

OT: It was an ok episode, nothing much happened. Seeing that guy with food stuck on his face and Kin'emon's bowing and cutting fire and with fire was good though.

Jun 2, 2013 8:11 AM
Cutting fire? Foxfire you badass, I'm glad Zoro said he'd go with him, hopefully Zoro can learn some cool new tricks from him.

I doubt Foxfire will be joining the crew, it's unlikely there will be another crew member for quiet a while.
Vergo was introduced, looks like a pretty evil guy and how did he have Law's heart?

Looks like some really interesting stuff coming up once they leave this island, looks like Law is to become a central characters now because I assume Luffy will help get his Heart back from that Vergo dude.

Jun 2, 2013 8:12 AM
redcobrawr said:
Law got owned a lil' too easy there :<.. or is Vergo really that strong? O_o

+ It's nice to see zoro interested in a samurai.

Not sure if Vergo is strong but he was holding Law's heart behind his back so presumably they have a pretty serious past together.
I assume Vergo will be a pushover once Law gets his heart back, after all Law is insanely powerful.

Jun 2, 2013 8:23 AM

Dolan-chan said:
I was gonna enjoy this episode, but then HxH 82 came out, and my standards skyrocketed.

^ This. The animation quality of this episode compared to the latest HxH episode is almost painful to watch. Toei animation seriously needs to step their game up in terms of production standards. Can anyone please tell me the name of the BGM when Kinemon is introduced?

Jun 2, 2013 8:53 AM
The pacing is pissing me off.

Kinda excited to learn that there will probably be 1 more crew member other than Jimbei joining, and I'm also very excited to learn that what Vergo had on his face was a piece of meat. I was seriously baffled by that one.

As for Vergo owning Law, I think he had his heart from the start, and he didn't really do anything. They do know each other, maybe Vergo stole Law's heart before, or something.

I think Foxfire won't join the crew on the count that he has a son, and that he has no real relationship with Luffy. So I don't think Sanji saying: "Hey Luffy, please invite my samurai friend to the crew" is the way it's gonna go down.

Jun 2, 2013 9:39 AM
-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:

^ This. The animation quality of this episode compared to the latest HxH episode is almost painful to watch. Toei animation seriously needs to step their game up in terms of production standards.

Not that I disagree that the animation and the production looks like crap in One Piece right now, but you guys are comparing shows that have a difference of 516 episodes.

Jun 2, 2013 11:31 AM

People watch One Piece for the animation? It's perfectly fine for me. If nothing really big is going on in the episode I could care less about animation slips here and there

Jun 2, 2013 4:05 PM

-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:

^ This. The animation quality of this episode compared to the latest HxH episode is almost painful to watch. Toei animation seriously needs to step their game up in terms of production standards. Can anyone please tell me the name of the BGM when Kinemon is introduced?

But this is how One Piece animation has always been. It would be nice if we got animation quality like in Film Z but I know it's not going to happen. :|

Jun 2, 2013 4:35 PM

Kin'emon could definitely join, or at least has a chance. I'm sure when, or if, he finds his son, the son will be old enough to go back to Wano Kingdom and learn how to be a better swordsman from someone there. Kin'emon would then join the crew. Just speculation here.

I liked the episode, although the pacing was pretty slow.
Currently obsessed with:
One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Your Lie in April.

Jun 2, 2013 4:41 PM

neo_valkyrie said:
-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:

But this is how One Piece animation has always been. It would be nice if we got animation quality like in Film Z but I know it's not going to happen. :|
Yup the anime is too long, Togashi's laziness is the reason why HxH has such good art and animation. We can at least hope for a filler arc after this arc to maybe improve the pacing.

Jun 2, 2013 5:24 PM
Wind_Sr said:
People watch One Piece for the animation? It's perfectly fine for me. If nothing really big is going on in the episode I could care less about animation slips here and there

Animation, pacing, everything in an anime.
It's bad enough punk hazard is shit and slow, at least give us something...
This half filler half canon is retarded, do it separately...

Jun 2, 2013 5:58 PM

if kinnemon join luffy, it seems there will be too many members with samura skill. but kinnemon ability is kinda usefull...

btw it still good episode...

Jun 2, 2013 9:06 PM

nice to see kin'emon all back together. for some reason he looks a hell of a lot bigger to me in the anime than in the manga.. dunno why.

i don't think he'll join the crew, but

ok episode. too many pointless flashbacks though -_-

Jun 3, 2013 4:18 AM

IntroverTurtle said:
neo_valkyrie said:
-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:

Yup the anime is too long, Togashi's laziness is the reason why HxH has such good art and animation. We can at least hope for a filler arc after this arc to maybe improve the pacing.

I lol'd at people comparing OP with a much shorter series made by Madhouse.

Jun 3, 2013 4:34 AM
I lol'd at people comparing OP with a much shorter series made by Madhouse.

You speak as if it has the advantage. No; The always-in-the-top-5 adaptation of the best selling manga in history with some of the biggest merchandising power should be able to produce at least above-crap anime.

Another anime is 10 times shorter? Well the budget should be 20 times bigger in the first place.

Length doesn't matter. Proof is how Magi is just as bad an adaptation as OP, even being much shorter.

Jun 3, 2013 5:10 AM

Dolan-chan said:
Proof is how Magi is just as bad an adaptation as OP, even being much shorter.

The fact that Magi's adaptation is bad there is nothing to do with OP, they are 2 things completely different.

Jun 3, 2013 5:17 AM
It shows that length doesn't save you from a horrible adaptation nor does it help you make a good one. Not that it matters because as I said, they should have prepared a much bigger budget in the first place.

Jun 3, 2013 5:35 AM

Dolan-chan said:
It shows that length doesn't save you from a horrible adaptation nor does it help you make a good one. Not that it matters because as I said, they should have prepared a much bigger budget in the first place.

Every long running series like OP have quality issues. Studios cheapen on some episodes and make one episode every once in a while look good. The costs are too high compared to other minor shows, then it is not worth to invest on every single episode.

In general, one regular episode of any series costs about $145,000 USD, instead of OP that coast near to $125,000 USD.
Modified by ainky, Jun 3, 2013 5:39 AM

Jun 3, 2013 5:57 AM
Dolan-chan said:

You don’t understand much of economics. The goal is to make the most profit. BECAUSE One Piece is as big as it is and it aims at a young crowd you don’t have to invest more. Ask you a simple question. If you invest double the money in the One Piece Anime. How big of a profit increase through merchandise will they make? Will it double? Will it even make the invest money in? Everybody has already heard of One Piece and those who have an interest in it have already tried it. Investing more money in it is simple stupid for Toei from an economic point of view.

HunterXHunter has a bigger budget because they are trying to get a new generation. The ones who read the Manga and bought the merchandise where the ones who were teenagers when HxH started. However there are now in their twenties and they are trying to get the new generation of teenagers through the Anime. In this case the investment is paid off.

Jun 3, 2013 7:48 AM

Finally thing are getting more serious.

Jun 3, 2013 3:55 PM

It's funny how badly people want Kinemon to join.
Also, someone said that his son could easilly go back to wano kingdom himself, but if you remember, all the kids we've seen so far are pretty young.
Ceasar couldn't use that silly trick on an older child.
Also, it's more likely that zoro will learn the fox style..

Jun 3, 2013 4:10 PM

AnimePoop said:

Indeed...Zoro and Brook are enough for me.

Jun 3, 2013 4:16 PM

ainky said:
AnimePoop said:

Indeed...Zoro and Brook are enough for me.
Though he could still stay an ally, maybe meet him on another island. Maybe he could act as a guide if they ever go to the island he's from, or helps out in the big war later. Many options besides joining the crew.

Jun 3, 2013 7:13 PM

Kinemon for president?

Jun 3, 2013 10:24 PM

Finally Kinemon is finally completed his body. Can't wait to see more fights.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 4, 2013 7:35 AM

samurai's body back.. ^^ awesome episode like always ^^

Jun 4, 2013 11:35 AM

ahneeme said:
-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:

^ This. The animation quality of this episode compared to the latest HxH episode is almost painful to watch. Toei animation seriously needs to step their game up in terms of production standards.

Not that I disagree that the animation and the production looks like crap in One Piece right now, but you guys are comparing shows that have a difference of 516 episodes.

This is what I would usually think but HxH is not a short series, it's 82 episodes in and Madhouse still manages to keep the production quality high. Like Dolan-chan said, it increased my standards for how a long-running series should look.

Jun 4, 2013 11:40 AM

-Jinsei- said:
ahneeme said:
-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:

This is what I would usually think but HxH is not a short series, it's 82 episodes in and Madhouse still manages to keep the production quality high. Like Dolan-chan said, it increased my standards for how a long-running series should look.

and it's even a remake...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store