Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Ore no Imouto: how do you guys think the show will play out? CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR LIGHT NOVELS

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 6:17 AM
Apr 2009
Serie will end with Epi 13 and the last 3 are different endings for each Heroine
Jun 6, 2013 6:19 AM

Apr 2013
I honestly really don't care whatsoever if people are going to complain because

-1. It was really obvious that Oreimo was centered around two characters: Kyousuke and Kirino and their interrelationship. The rest was supportive. (Sorry "<3 Otaku girl that hate the annoying sister fans)
-2. It was obvious, not only from the novels, but also the ANIME that Kyousuke loved Kirino and later on vice versa.
-3. Even though I find incest horrible and sickening, people are being so over dramatic about a kiss. Dang man, if you go watch the visual novel or read the routes, that's a bit too far (even if they are, at least in the visual novels, not "blood-related") Does a kiss really make it that bad? Should I be send to prison (Or to a physiological institute for my newborn nephew?

Maybe I should ask 8man that rhetorical question - considering he knows everything about social stuff.
Yahari <3
Jun 6, 2013 7:13 AM
May 2013
DawnJ said:
Any ending would've made a shitstorm. And LN author decided to make the greatest one.

Just thought about it... and yes you're right.
Jun 6, 2013 8:38 AM
Oct 2012
I have to say, I am amazed that ASCII Media Works published this more so than the writer wrote this ending. They are a fairly large, mainstream, label affiliated with Kadokawa with a lot to lose, and this franchise is big enough that it is going to get attention from the usual "what about the children" folk.
I salute them for being willing to endure the firestorm that this will probably bring down on them.

Though, I need to see if I can get my copy soon :-)
Jun 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Mar 2011
GG worst girl. That was quite the adventure.
Jun 6, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
bippo said:
Waruineko said:
Smoofie said:
Anyone wanna have the picture of the ending?

Yes please. I'm curious.

I feel so sorry for you kuroneko fans lol.

seriously -.-
Jun 6, 2013 9:57 AM

Apr 2013
Gah, I knew this was gonna happen. Lame.

Jun 6, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2008
If the spoilers we are reading are true... then... I'm confused >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2008
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2013 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

WTH even Kanako? She didn't even noticed Kyousuke before!!!

Who the fuck is Kanako even?
Jun 6, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
Kirino -- the perfect girl for otaku men to have since they know they don't deserve any better.

Basically they love her because they know the only one they can get is the selfish, spoiled, annoying cunt.
Jun 6, 2013 10:35 AM
Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Kirino -- the perfect girl for otaku men to have since they know they don't deserve any better.

Basically they love her because they know the only one they can get is the selfish, spoiled, annoying cunt.

What could be more fun than useless ranting from Kuronekofags? Technically Kuroneko would be the main choice for otaku men seeing as how some idiots acted upon hearing the ending (like cutting the novel into pieces).....Kirino fans are never that violent so you got what you deserved Eronekofags!!!

Jun 6, 2013 10:40 AM

May 2013
This was pretty obvious right from the start, though I kept telling myself that this wouldn't happen but too bad
Jun 6, 2013 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
PWJP said:
How many characters in OreImo do you remember?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
Jun 6, 2013 11:26 AM
Aug 2011
Knew it a while ago, oh poor Ayase.
Jun 6, 2013 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
ihateeveryone said:

What could be more fun than useless ranting from Kuronekofags? Technically Kuroneko would be the main choice for otaku men seeing as how some idiots acted upon hearing the ending (like cutting the novel into pieces).....Kirino fans are never that violent so you got what you deserved Eronekofags!!!

Kuronekofags? What are you 12 or something? Kirino fans are violent an example would be that dude that threatened the author life, otakus are obssesive and violent in general it has nothing do with what herione they root for they are just vocal about stuff that they dislike.

Anyway if the spoilers at animsuki are true then the author is just trying to piss off people on purpose. I mean 5 girls confessed to that idiot and in the end he ends up with
iWriter88 said:
oh poor Ayase.

More like poor Manami, Japan continue to shit on chilldhood friends.
Jun 6, 2013 12:10 PM

Jun 2012
All these tears.
Jun 6, 2013 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
Kyousuke confirmed for worst MC of the 2010's.

-100/10

Jun 6, 2013 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
So wait, I'm kinda slow. What exactly is the spoiler? I saw the images, but like I said, I'm dumb and don't really know what's going on.
Jun 6, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
So wait, I'm kinda slow. What exactly is the spoiler? I saw the images, but like I said, I'm dumb and don't really know what's going on.

Kirino won.
Jun 6, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Oh. I couldn't tell if it was her in the image or someone else. In that case:

Fucking hell yes.

Now, I'm not one of those fucktarded fans that wants to shove my opinions down anyone else's throat, but fucking hell yes.
Jun 6, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
^

Do you also have the ending?
Jun 6, 2013 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
I hope the Diet doesn't get wind of this, this will really end in that bill passing on the 26th.

Jun 6, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2012
Smoofie said:
^
According to the early spoiler that was early suspected to be "troll", the epilogue has it in spring time with Kyousuke and Kirino going out together to Akihabara for some off-line meetings.

One thing to note is that it is not technically incest ending. True, there were kisses and fake wedding, and Kyousuke says no to every girl who confesses to him; and things like Kirino showing more of her true feeling to Kyusuke etc but yet they also agree that their "lover relationship" only lasts until Kirino's graduation and then they will then go back to "brother and sister". And the epilogue is supposed to take place after Kirino's graduation.

So when I said unambiguous, it is not totally so, though it is unambiguous enough to tell who "wins" at the end.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
Smoofie said:
^
According to the early spoiler that was early suspected to be "troll", the epilogue has it in spring time with Kyousuke and Kirino going out together to Akihabara for some off-line meetings.

One thing to note is that it is not technically incest ending. True, there were kisses and fake wedding, and Kyousuke says no to every girl who confesses to him; and things like Kirino showing more of her true feeling to Kyusuke etc but yet they also agree that their "lover relationship" only lasts until Kirino's graduation and then they will then go back to "brother and sister". And the epilogue is supposed to take place after Kirino's graduation.

So when I said unambiguous, it is not totally so, though it is unambiguous enough to tell who "wins" at the end.

A simulated/fake incest ending right now is too soon with that law and all.

Jun 6, 2013 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
Good good let the butt hurt and morality tale flow through you. (I happen to like this ending. You mad?)
Jun 6, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
Smoofie said:
^

Supposedly they would get away with it despite the law as the final three episodes (the special episodes) are to be released as OVAs, depending on how they're released they can be as incest oriented as the author wants.
I don't think there's much point in speculating without a proper translated version out. Anyone can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean that it's even remotely true.
Incidentally, does anyone know who translates it fastest? Baka-tsuki have only just released the eleventh novel so I don't know how long it'll take for them to release the twelfth and with all of the potentially fake spoilers floating around it'd be nice to know the real ending.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Jun 6, 2013 12:57 PM

Nov 2008
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
Smoofie said:
^

Supposedly they would get away with it despite the law as the final three episodes (the special episodes) are to be released as OVAs, depending on how they're released they can be as incest oriented as the author wants.
I don't think there's much point in speculating without a proper translated version out. Anyone can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean that it's even remotely true.
Incidentally, does anyone know who translates it fastest? Baka-tsuki have only just released the eleventh novel so I don't know how long it'll take for them to release the twelfth and with all of the potentially fake spoilers floating around it'd be nice to know the real ending.

This bill bans this kind of content from all mediums of animation (OVAs included) anywhere, unlike Bill 156 which bans it from public airing/circulation.

Jun 6, 2013 1:05 PM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
Smoofie said:
^

This bill bans this kind of content from all mediums of animation (OVAs included) anywhere, unlike Bill 156 which bans it from public airing/circulation.

Ahh, the person I heard it from must have been mistaken. I assumed that it'd be okay if it were just released along with the DVDs or Blu-Rays, or even as a separate DVD. So how does the incest thing tend to work? Is it true that it's okay as long as it isn't glorified by the cast? i.e. the cast are actively disgusted by it? I think someone said that was the case for Yosuga no Sora.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!

Jun 6, 2013 1:43 PM

Nov 2008
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
Smoofie said:
^

Ahh, the person I heard it from must have been mistaken. I assumed that it'd be okay if it were just released along with the DVDs or Blu-Rays, or even as a separate DVD. So how does the incest thing tend to work? Is it true that it's okay as long as it isn't glorified by the cast? i.e. the cast are actively disgusted by it? I think someone said that was the case for Yosuga no Sora.

Incest is fine under Bill 156 as long as it has an 18+ sticker and in non-H works as long as it has no sex. No sex can be in a school setting unless it's 18+, in fact most manga flagged for 18+ or banned from print have the school setting violation.

Jun 6, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2011
PWJP said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

WTH even Kanako? She didn't even noticed Kyousuke before!!!

Kanako is the red haired prissy loli that got suckered into cosplaying Meruru to get Ayase a gift for Kirino.

Salo-Heika said:
What's with the reaction? I thought the ending of volume 11 and the epilogue basically points to one logical ending. Nothing new here.

I think a lot of fans of other characters were hoping for the bait and switch.Make you think one way then hit you with a turn of events that takes it another way. I sort of was hoping for the Ruri route myself. She seemed quite compatible girl for someone like Kyousuke.
CirrisJun 6, 2013 2:01 PM
Jun 6, 2013 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
Incest is fine under Bill 156 as long as it has an 18+ sticker and in non-H works as long as it has no sex. No sex can be in a school setting unless it's 18+, in fact most manga flagged for 18+ or banned from print have the school setting violation.

Are you saying that an incest ending in Oreimo is fine provided they're never shown to have sex?
sakaJun 6, 2013 11:19 PM

Jun 6, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
Akushumi said:
Ghost-Lightning said:

Kirino won.

Kirino lost the only moment where she should have shut her damn mouth.

PWJP said:

Really?
sakaJun 6, 2013 11:19 PM
Jun 6, 2013 2:23 PM

Feb 2012
Then it turns out

and goes the way of
Jun 6, 2013 2:27 PM

Jun 2012
MFKAE86 said:
Then it turns out

If they aren't, the anime loses all its meaning from the beginning. Seriously.
Jun 6, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
JacobGrey93 said:
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
Smoofie said:
^

Are you saying that an incest ending in Oreimo is fine provided they're never shown to have sex?

Yes, it is not against the law in Japan to have one in a normal non-h manga as long as there is no sex.

Jun 6, 2013 3:39 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Ahhhhh I saw that coming lol. I mean, it IS called "Ore no IMOUTO". Good thing I'm not reading the LNs lol. I'll just await the ending to the anime and watch people be even more hurtmad than they already are.

Jun 6, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 2008
I am looking forward to this scene and hear the dialogues.

Jun 6, 2013 5:01 PM

Mar 2010
Kyosuke: "Marry me, Kirino!"

Jun 6, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 2012
Kaleidx said:

Is this from vol 12?
Jun 6, 2013 7:41 PM

Mar 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Kaleidx said:

Is this from vol 12?

It is, its Kirino's response to Kyousuke asking her to marry him.
Jun 6, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2009
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!~ My wish for the ending of this series has come true! <3

INCEST WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^____^
Jun 6, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2012
OtakuGirl01 said:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!~ My wish for the ending of this series has come true! <3

INCEST WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^____^

Well, be careful if you don't know the whole details, while I think it is a incest end there are a lot of people out there who feel it is to ambiguous to be taken that way (although, I think they are being over complex or in denial about it but still).
Jun 6, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
I wrote some details about the ending here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=608763&show=20#msg22565335

Jun 6, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2013
Don't you think it's kinda ironic that the reason why so many people hate kirino is because she is really "bitchy" and throws fits, but in the forums, her name is like taboo because it will cause all the kirino haters to become bitchy and throw a fit? Come on guys, I know that you're disappointed because Kyousuke doesn't end up with Ayase or Ruri (BTW, her name is Ruri NOT kuroneko), but how can you not see Kirino x Kyousuke coming? Let me ask you a couple of questions. 1) WHO is the "imouto" in the title referring to? 2) WHO has the most back story in this series? 3) WHO has been the focus point in the anime, the manga, the openings, and the novels? 4) WHO IS ON THE COVER OF EVERY SINGLE NOVEL? That is my rant, and dang that felt good. GO KIRINO X KYOUSUKE!!
I named my table "Logic" because when i watch anime, i would often (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻.
Jun 6, 2013 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
people are seriously surprised by this? Read the fucking title, how did you think it'd end up any other way.

I never watched this series cause i could infer how it'd end from the title alone, look who was right in their decision
JizzyHitlerJun 6, 2013 8:41 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 6, 2013 8:39 PM

Apr 2013
That quote is so awesome and true.
I named my table "Logic" because when i watch anime, i would often (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻.
Jun 6, 2013 8:41 PM

Jan 2012
Fuck ya

Good thing the author didn't bitch out, i can't wait to TASTE THE TEARS!
Jun 6, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
people are seriously surprised by this? Read the fucking title, how did you think it'd end up any other way.

I never watched this series cause i could infer how it'd end from the title alone, look who was right in their decision

Thing is, until about half way through there is almost no way you could know for sure, and if the title was the only thing that you ever judged anime by then I am sure you have missed some actually good series because of it.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.