Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 1, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not as much as walking as the previous episode? XD

And dem visions. I find the water scenes in this series to be kinda funny. It flows~. Anyways, seems like Nakamura has something planned again:

So I see Saeki is worried. I'm not surprised though.

Jun 1, 2013 5:14 PM
Aug 2012
Of course there'd be no comments..

Anyway, good episode, it's keeping up the pace, so i'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that scene at this point.
Jun 2, 2013 6:03 AM

Dec 2011
Me neither, i don't thing they get to the very end of the first arc.
Jun 2, 2013 10:36 AM
Jun 2011
I still can't guess how they will end this anime. My mate thinks that they will made season 2 but I am not sure if that's good thing to do.
Jun 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
The background music of this series is some of the best I've ever heard.

I don't see a manga ending happening in the next four episodes unless they blaze through it, which probably isn't going to happen knowing this show.

As for a second season, that's probably unlikely too due to the sales.
Jun 2, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2012
Durbikins said:

I'm hoping this will be like Chihayafuru and boost the manga sales enough for them to warrant a sequel, with the original mixed reception time will tell though.

Really beautifully masochistic episode it's keeping up the tension pretty well, I'm going to play around in photoshop and edit some stuff into this post a little later, some of the Nakamura moments were bliss for me.

ReasonDesuJun 2, 2013 2:27 PM
Jun 2, 2013 1:38 PM
Feb 2013
Dem close-ups.

So, art is good when they want it to be.
The fact that they use 2-minute material from the previous episode dissapointed me a little, could use that for something else (the 8th was suffering from that too, but can't complain about chaos scene once again).
And really, how stupid was he to put his crime clothes in the washing machine? Like mom wouldn't notice. I get it that he was off after night events, but he had time to remember it after he got sober.
Anyway, AnH keeps its charm, hoping for a little plot boost by the end.

And I forgot about that "essence of contempt" look:
precompiledbsJun 2, 2013 1:45 PM
Jun 2, 2013 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
Liked this episode.
Jun 2, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2008
ED had a few more lines. :o
Jun 2, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for next episode.
Jun 2, 2013 2:29 PM
Aug 2012
Durbikins said:
What sales..
Jun 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Dec 2010
Decent EP. Animation was great once more(best animated of this season probably).

MC is a real pussy. Under those circumstances he showed that he needs soar bashing. Damn, he is even worse than Shinji Ikari.

Saeki is the only like-able character, and not that cliched.

So far this is 7-8/10 for me, but if MC end in a relationship with stalking, bullying Nakamura this would be the WORST crafted idea ever(and then it wil slip into 3/10 teritorry).
Jun 2, 2013 2:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I really love the background art, so beautiful and realistic, and the palette they used too. Other than that, I liked Saeki's speech(es) to Takao. She is so incredibly understanding yet Takao just keeps running away. At this rate, I don't think we're going to get to finish all of the arc either, but it's possible, and it would make a pretty good ending to the anime. I actually do wish for a second season (despite still not loving the rotoscope, but it's not that terrible either). I like what's happening in the manga right now, more so than the first arc. Anyways, nice episode this week.
Jun 2, 2013 2:59 PM
Apr 2013
Saeki is just unbelievable, what a girl.
Jun 2, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2012
akinyan said:
I still can't guess how they will end this anime. My mate thinks that they will made season 2 but I am not sure if that's good thing to do.
I think that's a great idea.
Jun 2, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2012
tearofmankind said:
he is even worse than Shinji Ikari.

lmao i was just thinking that.
Jun 2, 2013 4:26 PM

Feb 2012
Wow at the end, they are about to roll out somewhere.

Poor Kasuga's mom, and Saeki, she still wants to be with him.

Looking forward to the next one.
Jun 2, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2010
I don't think there will be a second season. If i think they are going to end the anime where I think the will, then there isn't a need for a second season. There's nothing conclusive in the manga to warrant another season.
Jun 2, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2011
good episode, but now i hate that little shit kasuga

making his mom go through that
Jun 2, 2013 6:30 PM

Jan 2009
damn Kasuga is just pathetic and a sucker/gullible
while Nakamura is an extortion/blackmailing machine
meanwhile Saeki is really in love, love is really blind lol
Jun 2, 2013 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
I wish I'd meet a girl like Nakamura......*sigh*....
Jun 2, 2013 6:41 PM
Mar 2012
Pretty intense episode, you must watch it on a dark room with headphones (or earbuds) on. The beginning with Saeki's song and those scenes playing made me tear a bit.

BTW, will they really need those 4 last episodes to wrap it up? I mean, c'mon, IMHO, the first arc is ending next week (featuring the new OP song!), but I can't be sure. It would be quite the material shredding if they attempted to cover the other arc on the next 3. Maybe an original ending?
Jun 2, 2013 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
At the pace that they're going at, they won't be ending it where I would have liked them to. Which means the end they pick might suck unfortunately.

Kasuga obviously doesn't like where he lives or the society. That's why he feels no one understands him and he sticks to his fantasy world with his book Aku no Hana. When he finally gets a purpose, albeit unwanted at first, he has someone to latch onto. He feels Nakamura can help him since she's the one who has been through everything he's done and didn't react in the way he would have expected (like the way he expected Saeki to get mad/disgusted when she found out about the gym clothes).

When I was reading the manga, I also thought Kasua was like Shinji - even the original art makes him look just like him (also Nakamura is exactly like Rei).
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 2, 2013 7:28 PM

Apr 2011
umitosora said:

wtf
Jun 2, 2013 8:37 PM
Apr 2013
If you put the relashionship between Kasuga and Nakamura as a BDSM one, with Nakamura as the dom and Kasuga as the sub, everything makes much more sense.

Also Nakamura, as always, the best fucking thing.
Jun 2, 2013 9:04 PM

Jun 2012
I was looking forward to Saeki's reaction after that, but it wasn't all too exciting.
Well, I wonder why Kasuga is off to, then.

Jun 2, 2013 11:06 PM

Feb 2010
"Is that your mom?... she looks retarded"
Jun 2, 2013 11:19 PM

Oct 2012
The few flashes of brilliance in this series makes me wonder what it would be like if all the characters weren't retarded. This is unfortunate, because I feel like they had the material to make this work.

So far... 2.5/10.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 2, 2013 11:48 PM

Feb 2010
katsucats said:
The few flashes of brilliance in this series makes me wonder what it would be like if all the characters weren't retarded. This is unfortunate, because I feel like they had the material to make this work.

So far... 2.5/10.

Well nothing of this would've happened if kasuga wasn't retarded.
Jun 3, 2013 12:14 AM
Apr 2013
katsucats said:

So far... 2.5/10.

I don't know what you've been watching all this time, but i'm sure as hell it was'nt Aku no Hana.

All kids are retarded. And those with problems do even more retarded shit.
Jun 3, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2010
I really don't know why, but this episode I started to dislike Nakamura.
Before this episode she was cooler for me and I thought she would continue to bully Kasuga, but instead now she wants to flee away with him. I'd rather her make Kasuga stay in the town, but maybe it's just me.
Actually I'm not too into psycho girls and I feel sad for Saeki, but still before this episode Nakamura was a different kind of character for me so I liked her. But now if they really run away, I'm not sure if I can feel the difference in her anymore.
But on the other way; I still think Nakamura is something different, because people who read the manga usually talk about her countinuing the psycho treats.
Well -I haven't started to the manga yet so maybe I'm really really wrong. I really wonder what's her intentions about going away with Kasuga.
Jun 3, 2013 2:15 AM

Dec 2010
bbmello said:
umitosora said:

wtf

Yeah, Just wtf? She is the worst kind of a girl that ever exists. I do not have a slightest idea who would fall for her... beside weabos.
Jun 3, 2013 3:24 AM

Sep 2012
tearofmankind said:
bbmello said:
umitosora said:

wtf

Yeah, Just wtf? She is the worst kind of a girl that ever exists. I do not have a slightest idea who would fall for her... beside weabos.

Niggas love bad bitches.
HAve fun with vanilla bitches.
Jun 3, 2013 3:55 AM

Mar 2013
tearofmankind said:
bbmello said:
umitosora said:

wtf

So she's a little rough around the edges but all she wants is freedom and a little company......
Jun 3, 2013 4:09 AM

Jul 2012
Knowing the director, probably the end will be great, even if is an original ending
I don't think he did all that 6 min walking stuff for nothing, for example
I watched Mushishi and Detroid Metal City, and i DOUBT he is gonna mess up with the ending of this so controversial anime.
"Trust me, and i will trust you"(i guess)
Kamina
Jun 3, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2008
I just can't figure out what the hell Kasuga wants. This guy may be worse than most harem leads. I can't tell if he's a masochist, or unconsciously in love with Nakamura. And I can't tell if he lacks feelings for Saeki or is still hung up on atoning for sins that she JUST absolved him off. And damn, Saeki really just outed him to his mom in the street. Romantic, but dumb.

Jun 3, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
katsucats said:

So far... 2.5/10.

The characters being retarded is the whole point. One of the morales of this story is "everything would've been okay if everyone just chilled the fuck out".
Middle schoolers are over dramatic, pretentious retards. Just look at the people on this website.
DurbikinsJun 3, 2013 6:55 AM
Jun 3, 2013 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
Maaan, this episode was so freaking intense.
It's a really depressing plot, indeed (that scene with his mother crying was really strong)
That worked really well, almost perfectly.
"Together on 3!"
Just waiting for the next episode :D
Jun 3, 2013 8:36 AM
May 2013
Nakamura: You hate to love her.

Great episode. Can't wait for the next.
Jun 3, 2013 8:44 AM

Oct 2012
This show is getting better and better. And it overflows with emotions.
To do what's forbidden, to go with wind, to live outside the box - I guess we are seeing something bigger here.
Poor Saeki, she has the feelings for him.

And new portion of the ED - Nakamura is the wind, right?
Jun 3, 2013 9:19 AM
Jan 2012
Well this anime has really caught my attention and held it.

The first few episodes weren't great. Retroscoping is good, but the animation in places was poor. The story was very slow and seemed to have not much promise of going anywhere that interesting. There was an overuse of 'slow' scenes, even up to the walking one (that really was a little too long), as was the reuse of scenes. I ended up skipping some of the endings, which is something I almost never do. Still something made me persevere.

The art does seem to have gotten better (and I'm a bit more used to it). I know it's part of the experience to a degree, but it could do with being a little more refined and detailed (e.g. distant faces); the backgrounds are great though. The pace of the story makes more sense and the writer certainly has done wonders. Some reuse of scenes, but it seems to work.

I'm not reading the manga, so these cliffhangers are great. It must be very different experience to those who have.

Not much to say about the episode, as most people reading this will have seen it. It's great though.

Kasuga really annoys me at times, and unlike many here I'm not a huge Nakamura fan. Saeki is great! Likes this however, they are all essential to the story, so I certainly wouldn't change it. I just hope Kasuga comes to his senses a bit more towards the end.
Jun 3, 2013 10:14 AM

May 2012
nnangle said:
Durbikins said:
What sales..

Yes, how can he be sure this all will be about sales?

If creators wanted to sell they simply would have gone the damn moe route. Yet it did not happened....fortunately°

So yeah, what sales? There are many elements that make it extremely evident this is not simply about sales but putting an artistic and creative vision before anything else.

Sales whores were so damn sure Chihaya would never get a second season, and here we are. There are still case in which its not sales, and case in which direct disc sales are secondary even for late night anime.
Jun 3, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2009
Kasuga making his mother worried...if I did that I would be grounded for a year. Otherwise we finally get to see what happens after. Hopefully we see why Nakamura has always wanted to go beyond the hill.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 3, 2013 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
OMG Nakamura's just perfect.
Saeki is mad, after all the things she still wants to be with Kasuga?
Kasuga's mum is sweet. I've done something similar once and not only that my mum didn't look for me, she even locked the house so I couldn't get in. Some people are lucky.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 3, 2013 1:21 PM

Jun 2013
what the hell is wrong with you man? making your mom go through that? and i think Saeki really loves him i mean look at the lengths she's gone for him
Jun 3, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2008
Strong episode.
Jun 3, 2013 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
There's just something about that opening song that gets me pumped up for the episode to start, it's literally just some cool graphics and some text with background music playing. I think having the characters of this show running aimlessly would really set me off of this show XD

So they're running away together, this is going to be interesting. Makes me wonder if Saeki will go looking for them.
Jun 3, 2013 2:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The tension, Kasuga's slow descent into insanity, the mother finding out, Saeki's confession of being ok with having her gym clothes stolen...what a great story.

I though Nakamura was actually prettier than Saeki without her glasses on. I'm sick I know!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 3, 2013 2:41 PM

Mar 2013
Marzan said:
The tension, Kasuga's slow descent into insanity, the mother finding out, Saeki's confession of being ok with having her gym clothes stolen...what a great story.

I though Nakamura was actually prettier than Saeki without her glasses on. I'm sick I know!

We Nakamura fans gotta sick together.....
Jun 3, 2013 4:49 PM

May 2012
this episode made me hate takao, like to the point where i wanted to jump through the screen and drag his stupid ass back
everyone's willing to forgive him yet he can't forgive himself so he can't forgive them either and it's irritating ??

also saeki is a goddamn saint
to the point where i have to wonder if there's something up with her, too
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

saka - May 27, 2013

154 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.