Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 25, 2013 11:03 AM
Oct 2012
unmemorable_hero said:
I do not understand why people hate this anime so much. I thought it was great. I would really have liked to see more, 12 episodes seems short for such a complicated story, but sometimes that's how it works out, you can't always get what you want.

There are many forms of hate with many different causes. In the case of RDG I think that most of the hate is similar to love being scorned: people got emotionally connected to the show, but were bitterly disappointed when the show's conclusion wasn't emotionally satisfying.

When 12 first came out I made a comment that the show should have pared down parts of the story because they didn't have the time to adequately tell them all. I had recommended cutting out the love story (leave it as a friendship) because it was the weakest of the three. Now this was my preference, but the show could have cut some one theme and made the romance stronger and that would have been fine as well. The point is creating fewer expectations but satisfying those expectations instead of trying to cover too much and leaving most of them unsatisfied.

There are other sources of hate: many western viewers, not understanding how the Japanese view ghosts were left confused by various parts of the story (since this could be taken for granted with the main Japanese audience), and this was a source of confusion and disappointment.
Jun 26, 2013 12:53 AM
Oct 2012
Miyuki Sagara and izumiko suzuhara my top otp foreverrrrrr <3 MUST HAVE SECOND SEASON!!!!! <3 This is the best anime i've ever watched!!!! I can't explain how much i love this anime <3 It's so amazing!
Jun 26, 2013 1:29 AM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

There are many forms of hate with many different causes. In the case of RDG I think that most of the hate is similar to love being scorned: people got emotionally connected to the show, but were bitterly disappointed when the show's conclusion wasn't emotionally satisfying.

When 12 first came out I made a comment that the show should have pared down parts of the story because they didn't have the time to adequately tell them all. I had recommended cutting out the love story (leave it as a friendship) because it was the weakest of the three. Now this was my preference, but the show could have cut some one theme and made the romance stronger and that would have been fine as well. The point is creating fewer expectations but satisfying those expectations instead of trying to cover too much and leaving most of them unsatisfied.

There are other sources of hate: many western viewers, not understanding how the Japanese view ghosts were left confused by various parts of the story (since this could be taken for granted with the main Japanese audience), and this was a source of confusion and disappointment.

I somewhat agree with you that many people are disappointed with this show because they had put high expectations on the show at the beginning but I don't think people (particularly the Westerners) would 'hate' RDG because they're confused by the way the Japanese view ghosts. Most of the questions relating to this show that I found and had already answered, are not about ghosts AT ALL.

So, could you please kindly provide me some examples of what part of the show that people are confused because 'they do not understand how the Japanese view ghosts'? I really want to know :)
Jun 26, 2013 12:19 PM

Oct 2011
This was probably the most confusing anime I've ever watched. I'm still not really getting it. lol

I liked the concept of it and the art style but that was about it for me. 6/10
Jun 27, 2013 1:26 AM

Sep 2012
I object to cutting out the love story. That would have been disastrous for the show.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 27, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2010
Missed seeing this show yesterday. The fact that there aren't really any shows out on either Monday or Tuesday only compounds the problem.
Jun 27, 2013 9:02 PM
Oct 2012
minuetto said:
Most of the questions relating to this show that I found and had already answered, are not about ghosts AT ALL.

So, could you please kindly provide me some examples of what part of the show that people are confused because 'they do not understand how the Japanese view ghosts'? I really want to know :)

Sure, this thread in particular
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=601321

Ghosts were just an example, there were a lot of people who were confused by various aspects of this show, and "I don't get it" is not a good emotion to evoke in one's audience. It's sort of like the old saying about jokes: it isn't funny if you have to explain it. Same thing for a narrative.

If ghosts weren't the problem, then the "world heritage site" would suit just as well. The Japanese care FAR more about this than Americans. In Japan being declared a WHS is national news for a week, in the US it probably wouldn't even make local news. A lot of questions that I answered had to do with this issue. RDG didn't have to explain this aspect because most Japanese would understand how important that could be, but for Americans there would be questions why this was important.

Of course this isn't true of ALL Japanese or ALL Americans, but not understanding something is a good way of getting people to hate something. My response above was an answer to your question as to "why do people hate this show". While the cause of the unknown may be different, that there was an unknown is the issue.
Jun 27, 2013 9:13 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
I object to cutting out the love story. That would have been disastrous for the show.

Well, as I said cutting the love story was my personal preference, they could of trimmed back something else in order to better fill out the love story. The issue with so many hostile feelings towards this show is, I believe, the episodes try to cover too many things and in the end didn't cover any of them satisfyingly enough. This also is my personal opinion to explain their hostility. I personally did not hate the show (I would give it a 6 or 7), but I think this show would have been better had they focused on telling part of the story well rather than trying to cover 6 novels in 12 episodes.

Again to express my personal opinion, romance was the least original concept in this series. There are plenty of coming of age romances out there, so many in fact that they become boring in many instances (though there are a few original ones). This is why my preference would have been to focus on the more unique aspects of this story instead of the predictable "love story". Again, my opinion but more development on Izumiko and the ending probably would have made this animation more satisfying.
Jun 28, 2013 12:13 AM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

Sure, this thread in particular
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=601321

Thanks for the link and from this link, I think it should be obvious that the question is not about ghost, right? I already made it clear in that thread that Masumi is a shinrei or a holy spirit or a spirit (魂) of a god (not sure how the subs translate this) and he is NOT a ghost. No matter how impressive your information regarding how a ghost could become a god is, it's has nothing to do with this show.

Takuan_Soho said:

Ghosts were just an example, there were a lot of people who were confused by various aspects of this show, and "I don't get it" is not a good emotion to evoke in one's audience. It's sort of like the old saying about jokes: it isn't funny if you have to explain it. Same thing for a narrative.

Takuan_Soho said:

Of course this isn't true of ALL Japanese or ALL Americans, but not understanding something is a good way of getting people to hate something. My response above was an answer to your question as to "why do people hate this show". While the cause of the unknown may be different, that there was an unknown is the issue.

Your example of 'ghosts' as a source of hatred is what we're talking about.

Takuan_Soho said:

If ghosts weren't the problem, then the "world heritage site" would suit just as well. The Japanese care FAR more about this than Americans. In Japan being declared a WHS is national news for a week, in the US it probably wouldn't even make local news. A lot of questions that I answered had to do with this issue. RDG didn't have to explain this aspect because most Japanese would understand how important that could be, but for Americans there would be questions why this was important.

The fact that the author of the novel made Izumiko's home being part of the World Heritage Site is not a coincidence. It is explained in the novel what the World Heritage Site is and how important it is (both in the real world sense and later in a fictional sense) regardless of what you said that the Japanese in general already know what and how important it is.

Anyway, I'm sure I already wrote somewhere that even the Japanese who didn't read the novel get confused with this show.
Jun 28, 2013 8:15 AM
Oct 2012
minuetto said:
I think it should be obvious that the question is not about ghost, right? I already made it clear in that thread that Masumi is a shinrei or a holy spirit or a spirit (魂) of a god (not sure how the subs translate this) and he is NOT a ghost. No matter how impressive your information regarding how a ghost could become a god is, it's has nothing to do with this show.

Except that Himegami was a human who became a ghost (it was implied that she was murdered) who eventually became a God. The point is that there is a continuum between differing spiritual beings that is far more known in Japan, but is a concept is alien to most people in the west, where ghosts could never become a God. This whole back-story wouldn't need to be explained to a Japanese audience but would need to be explained to an average western viewer. Since this wasn't ever explained, many western viewers would have thought that aspect of the story confusing.

minuetto said:
The fact that the author of the novel made Izumiko's home being part of the World Heritage Site is not a coincidence. It is explained in the novel what the World Heritage Site is and how important it is (both in the real world sense and later in a fictional sense) regardless of what you said that the Japanese in general already know what and how important it is.

How the author used "world heritage" in his novel was completely new, so even people who knew what a world heritage site was would need to have it explained how it applied to humans. And you are right that one of the confusing aspects for everyone was that the Animation did not explain this vital part of the story until very later in the animation, and this confused both the Japanese and the West, however understanding would have been far easier in Japan than in the US because most Japanese already know what a world heritage site is, relatively few Americans do.

It appears you think I am saying that the ONLY confusion about this show were cultural ones. I am not, the show was confusing and could have used a serious edit and more explanation for ALL viewers. My point however is that the show would seem MORE confusing to a westerner because of a lack of shared cultural reference, and that this greater confusion spurs more hatred.
Jun 28, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2010
Beautiful end and most of the budget seemed to be put in this episode
Overall the run was less than expected, since Izumiko got absorbed into a computer and other interesting events occurred at the start I thought the story involved more it that as well
Jun 29, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2008
Thank god its finally over. 12 Episodes and i don´t know what this anime was about or wants to tell.
Jun 29, 2013 7:02 AM

May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

Except that Himegami was a human who became a ghost (it was implied that she was murdered) who eventually became a God.

It's alright if you view Himegami as a 'ghost who became a god'. The show (both anime and novel versions) makes Himegami's status rather ambiguous. It entirely depends on each audience's perspective on this point.
In vol 4 of the novel, Himegami told Miyuki that 'There is nothing here. If there is a thing called a vengeful ghost left here (Hachiouji), that should be me.'
Miyuki then asked her 'So you're a vengeful ghost?' She responded that she doesn't know and does not much care. Anyway, personally, I don't think a mere ghost could travel back in time.

Takuan_Soho said:
The point is that there is a continuum between differing spiritual beings that is far more known in Japan, but is a concept is alien to most people in the west, where ghosts could never become a God. This whole back-story wouldn't need to be explained to a Japanese audience but would need to be explained to an average western viewer. Since this wasn't ever explained, many western viewers would have thought that aspect of the story confusing.

OK. That is your opinion. I'm not a westerner and so I really can't say for them if they agree or disagree with you. BUT I still don't think it's a big deal even if a westerner can't understand how a ghost becoming a god. In any case, I even believe that most of the western audiences who watched this show should be familiar with the Japanese culture more or less. For nearly all of them, I'm sure RDG is not their first anime show that based on Japanese culture and Shinto beliefs.

Takuan_Soho said:
however understanding would have been far easier in Japan than in the US because most Japanese already know what a world heritage site is, relatively few Americans do.

I have had a hard time believing this...

Takuan_Soho said:

It appears you think I am saying that the ONLY confusion about this show were cultural ones. I am not, the show was confusing and could have used a serious edit and more explanation for ALL viewers. My point however is that the show would seem MORE confusing to a westerner because of a lack of shared cultural reference, and that this greater confusion spurs more hatred.

I know that the cultural issue is not the only source of confusion in your opinion. But your earlier comment (below) made me think it's among the MAIN sources of problems of this show for the westerners and not to the Japanese which I disagree as I said before cultural issues are not a big problem for RDG.

Takuan_Soho said:

Am I wrong? If I misinterpret this statement of yours, then I'm sorry and I seriously need to improve my English!
minuettoJun 29, 2013 7:17 AM
Jun 30, 2013 11:49 AM
May 2012
Damn it, As much as i love P.A. Works, this one was just to much confusing. Too much questions unanswered for me, even till the end. 6/10.
Jun 30, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2011
Well, that was a beautiful ending. Loved watching all of the moments that Izumiko had with Miyuki in this episode and it sure gave me alot of feels. And it was a nice way to end everything off with another one of Izumiko's ritual dance and her cutely blushing with Miyuki collapsing on her.

I ended up really liking this anime and it was certainly interesting to learn more about all the more in depth details that this show had about the himegami and spirits. I absolutely loved the art and music in this anime as well, always giving off such a nice calming feeling.
Jul 1, 2013 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
Darnnn, they kiss in the theme song but not in the actually episode itself >:( I'm angry.

This was a pretty weird series overall, bit confusing at times :/ Still, I enjoyed the artwork from P.A. Works.

Jul 1, 2013 3:45 PM

Jun 2012
I don't really know what to say, apparently it wasn't fully finished.
A little confusing, and the whole thing sort of confused me, almost like I forgot the main plot. With that said, the spirits and stuff was interesting enough.
Although I didn't like Izumiko, I find it kind of sad that their relationship (which a lot of people were excited about) didn't really get so far in this.

Jul 2, 2013 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
This show sucked! It was pretty visually but otherwise the characters were boring and the plot was all over the place! Booooooo.

Jul 2, 2013 10:00 AM
Oct 2012
minuetto said:
It's alright if you view Himegami as a 'ghost who became a god'. The show (both anime and novel versions) makes Himegami's status rather ambiguous. It entirely depends on each audience's perspective on this point.
In vol 4 of the novel, Himegami told Miyuki that 'There is nothing here. If there is a thing called a vengeful ghost left here (Hachiouji), that should be me.'
Miyuki then asked her 'So you're a vengeful ghost?' She responded that she doesn't know and does not much care. Anyway, personally, I don't think a mere ghost could travel back in time.

The "mere" part is why I think you are missing the point. You can't assume that all ghosts are "mere" in Japan. The afterlife has a hierarchy of spiritual beings, "hungry ghosts" are the lowest level, so in denying that she is one, all Himegami is saying is that she isn't that low. But there are higher ranks of ghosts with more and more power. Eventual a ghost can have so much power that humans begin to worship it, that is when it becomes a "Kami". We know that Himegami was once human, she is now worshiped as a kami, but there is a time between her death and her deification that she was once a ghost (probably a very powerful one in that she seemed to have motive for her death). This is not my assumption, if Himegami was once human that it is a fact that she was once a ghost.

minuetto said:
Takuan_Soho said:
however understanding would have been far easier in Japan than in the US because most Japanese already know what a world heritage site is, relatively few Americans do.

I have had a hard time believing this...

Feel free to ask. I would bet serious money that less than 5% of the US population has any idea what a "world heritage site" is. Speaking as an American, I can honestly say that we are very provincial. Comes from having such a huge country, lots to do, and being the most powerful country in the world for over a 1/2 a century.

minuetto said:
I know that the cultural issue is not the only source of confusion in your opinion. But your earlier comment (below) made me think it's among the MAIN sources of problems of this show for the westerners and not to the Japanese which I disagree as I said before cultural issues are not a big problem for RDG.

Remember that my initial response was to a question about why people "passionately hate" the show, not why people may rank the show lower. So my comment was only directed to this particular subset of people not to the wider audience of those who may not have liked this show.

minuetto said:
Am I wrong? If I misinterpret this statement of yours, then I'm sorry and I seriously need to improve my English!

No, I wouldn't say that you "misinterpreted me", rather that the original context was lost and this may have partially been my fault. As I said above I was responding to a question as to why people "hated" the show, not why people may have been disappointed (I am in that camp).
Jul 11, 2013 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
Recently marathoned after leaving it off, where the heck's the kiss?!?

As much as I love PA Works this was pretty underwhelming, sweet, but underwhelming.

6/10
Jul 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2008
First of all WHERE IS THE KISS?!!!

I'm at loss for words here. I like this but I feel like they skipped a lot of material, and this is not even a conclusive ending. I hope there is a second season.

If anyone knows where I can the translated LN let me know! I would like to know more about the relationship between the twins, which after the last two episodes, it seems more intriguing, to see what they are actually up to.

------------

Overall I liked this story, yet they never explained a lot if things and they didn't develop the characters enough. For example, why did Masumii say that he was cheating on Mayura? Was there ever a relationship there?

Anyway, I give this an 8/10. I would have liked to see a kiss, but you can't have everything you want.
ClementIVJul 12, 2013 8:36 PM
Jul 15, 2013 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
This episode basically confirmed to me that Miyuki and Izumiko's romance was pretty much the only thing keeping me watching this. I love them together, kinda sad we didn't get to see a kiss but the ending was really cute. The other stuff about the festival and Mayura vs Takayanagi honestly didn't interest me - I don't feel annoyed I've not seen the end. I enjoyed the show but it was really hard to watch sometimes. I might read the novel to see what happens at the end of the festival.
Jul 18, 2013 2:24 PM
Mar 2008
aidoru said:
This episode basically confirmed to me that Miyuki and Izumiko's romance was pretty much the only thing keeping me watching this. I love them together, kinda sad we didn't get to see a kiss but the ending was really cute..

Quite honestly, their romance was incredibly forced.
Aug 4, 2013 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
An awesome final episode. The romance between Sagara and Izumiko made everything so much better. Takayanagi being transformed into a dog was hilarious for me. I was a bit surprised that Masumi gave up so easily on Izumiko, but this was way things are actually better.

Also, nice last scene.

1. Characters. +1. The characters were pretty nice, with Sagara being my favorite.
2. Atmosphere. +1. The atmosphere was pretty decent and at times - great.
3. OST. +1. This anime has one of the best OSTs ever. There is one especially good track that gets me every time it plays.
4. Animation. +1. Well, the animation was of top quality at all the time.
5. Background story. +1. At first I didn't like the idea about the godess, but the final episodes made it kinda more plausible.
6. Storyline. The storyline flow wasn't very steady, though I wasn't very concerned of this(even though I usually I bash on animes who lack in the department of storyline).
7. Ending. +1. It was easily great, and it added very much to the overall quality of the anime. I just love it.
8. Drama. +1. In it's own way, this anime had some nice level of drama.
9. Overall affect. +1. Overall I felt great about this anime since episode 1, and it never really let me down. It had a great flow, despite many accused it of being too slow.
Bonus(extra) point for: I just love Shinto concepts and they were very well developed in this anime(one of the best tries ever, imo). The symbolism was great as well.
Overall score: 9/10. I only feel bad about the fact that a sequel isn't announced as for now.
Aug 5, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2012
A somewhat decent ending, while I found these last couple episodes rather lacking in quality and concept the ending of this episode sure was pretty decent to round this anime off! The story itself and the concept was pretty well done, the lacking part was the pace but well in the end it still was quite enjoyable plus the lovely ED makes it quite a decent anime!
Aug 9, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2011
Mich666 said:
This was horrible! It was so painful to watch that I wanted to drop it many times yet I was hoping that maybe.. it gets better. But my hopes were in vain.

And that conclusion? Saved by mobile phone! Nothing was resolved, noone was punished, everyone was happy now and ghosts went home.. yay! There was no sense of continuity, things "just happened" on behalf of no logic. Literally nothing made sense in RDG!

There was promising start but after that we only got this incoherent, really bad story that left us with so much plot holes and unexplained things I can't even count them. But those dialogues were the worst and this anime was so badly written I almost wanted to scream sometimes.

Only thing that was done good was animation. But that alone isn't enough to save it.

In the end I am left with bitter aftertaste of needless series. It was total waste of my time.

No doubt the worst anime I have seen this year, 3/10.

I am really glad this is over now and I hope there would be no sequel to this.

What are you talking about? The animation wasn't even all that good. Bad taste confirmed.

Not exactly a very good series, but it was sweet. It got confusing at times, inconsistent, and rush, but all in all it wasn't so bad. Would love to see a sequel :)

Edit: A little disappointing that we didn't get even a kiss, because I remember there is one scene in the OP song that have them kissing. I was waiting for the title to be "The First ... Kiss" since way back lol.
ToG25thBaamAug 9, 2013 10:05 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 31, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
No one explained anything.
Everything just happened.
The only things you gained out of watching it was:
What the characters look like, what their names are, how old they are & a few of their weird powers.
Sep 17, 2013 1:46 PM

Jan 2012
Maddelyne said:
No one explained anything.
Everything just happened.
The only things you gained out of watching it was:
What the characters look like, what their names are, how old they are & a few of their weird powers.

ohhh i see, I thought they explained it while I wasn't paying attention. So they didn't explained it.. no wonder I didn't understand a thing of what's going in this show.
Oct 9, 2013 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
I hope there's a second season T_T gonna miss this show. The endingg is soo <3
Oct 24, 2013 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
tofusoy3 said:
does anyone know the instrumental song when izumiko picks up her phone and talks to sagara?

I found it, it took a whole night, but that's worth it! I love this song. :3
RDG - Kakugo
♦[Қao†ick]♦
Jan 18, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
I'm kind of lost. A lot of stuff happened but then I'm like "why is this happening again?" but I can't seem to find an explanation for it.

Ugh.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 27, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
It was a fine anime . and what a terrible ending , so much for love-service.
Nonetheless , I enjoyed watching it even at some point the story gets really terrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2012
waste of time /10
May 30, 2014 4:54 AM

Mar 2013
quite good but the moment when Izumiko and Miyuki were hugging each other it was actually sweet and especially the end... 7/10 for me...
Jun 13, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
it was weird, i had to watch the whole series a second time before i really understood what was going on...

it was still odd, but in a light hearted but kinda deep but not really kinda way.

i still liked it, but i can't put my finger on why.... those two are a cute couple though. even if triplet girl was my favourite (she needs a bf that isn't a brother or Sagara who i kept wanting to call Sousuke).

oh and Suzuhara needed a gold bikini.
Jun 29, 2014 11:24 PM

Jan 2008
If there was a second season then I would watch it but as far as it is now there was so much missing it wasnt difficult to understand just so much wasnt shown I would have liked a kiss or at least a confession though Miyuki's was a different why of doing things but it wasnt truly a real I love u confession but other then that it was OK nothing great but I would like to see a second season to really make it better I wouldnt say it was horrible though like some people have n more people will but it was decent
Oct 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
8/10
Really good show (as expected from PA Works).
This is a true gem.

So many hates.. I don't understand you people, seriously. Every good show without stupid humour (for grade level people or less) and 'amazing' heroines with god's syndrome receives hates on MAL.
rsc-plOct 4, 2014 1:49 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 30, 2014 6:16 AM

May 2008
+Great animation
+Great background illustration
+Great music

-Boring bland characters
-Very slow paced
-Plot with a lot of unanswered stuff

6/10
Dec 25, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
I'm so disappointed P.A. 3/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 5:41 PM
Sep 2014
rsc-pl said:
8/10
Really good show (as expected from PA Works).
This is a true gem.

So many hates.. I don't understand you people, seriously. Every good show without stupid humour (for grade level people or less) and 'amazing' heroines with god's syndrome receives hates on MAL.

I dont even need to say anything.
I rarly watched shows that are rated over 2000 on mal but i guess im raising the bar to 5000 now since so many gems are hidden here. I understand this show has some problems, but most of shows have them too.
I guess biggest problem in this show is unsatisfying ending. I guess we all wanted to see what happened after the events. Maybe they planned to show us but we all know what happen to shows that dont recive good sales and rating. I hope manga is different.
Jul 29, 2015 6:23 PM
Jul 2015
I'm hoping for more episode i feel the last episode was not the end of the series..... I really love the art and the story... (>_<)
Aug 8, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
I don't get what this anime wants from me.... it's intersting but very ....confused! very ! I'm in episode 7 and what's up with the sibilings ?! =_= someone's help me T_T
Aug 19, 2015 9:52 PM
Aug 2015
I so want to see another season Loved this episode the most because finally the love connection is shown on both of there behave 😏👍
Mar 9, 2016 3:50 AM
Mar 2016
So I love it. But I was hoping she would of told him at the end that she did need him. But I really am hoping for a season 2 to come out or a movie about the rest of it.
Sep 16, 2016 8:52 PM
Mar 2016
-sighs- on the whole i actually liked RDG.......up until i finished ep 12. it did not so much end the story as it ended an arc, the ending quite honestly fell flat for me, which is a shame because the series has beautiful animation coupled with good characters.
Oct 13, 2016 8:25 AM

Oct 2016
I'm upset that it was only 12 episodes and the last episode was kinda on going for me.. they should make more for the romance and partner in crime type theme. Izumiko & Miyuki would be pretty badass like that...
Mar 23, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
The triplets were so obnoxious it almost ruined the anime for me, talk about an unlike-able, selfish group of side characters. At least the main duo were much more bearable and had decent interactions. There were some interesting concepts here but it felt like the anime was trying to do too much at once, and most of the time the execution was half-assed. Takayanagi managed to maintain his pride, even as a dog. He was a good character.
Jun 9, 2017 4:00 PM

Jun 2017
I can't believe I actually finished this. Disappointed... -3-
Dec 3, 2021 4:13 AM
Dec 2018
The story was great and I think if it was better it would have been excellent I don't mean it's bad it's good like that.. 7/10
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM
Jun 2023
asi termina??? no llega a ningun lado, fue un desperdicio de tiempo veresto
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

209 by Stardew »»
Jul 1, 2021 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.