Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2013 7:50 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked how how this challenge was more about working with fellow astronauts than actually winning the tournament. All of the members contributed somehow whether its programming or folding the parachute as Mutta said.

Was surprised to see the callback to Fukuda from the qualification exams!

Mutta is still awesome an awesome protagonist to follow. Coming up with "Pieco" , ecstatic about the number 6 because it has part of his name and placing a lego astronaut on the rover are things only Mutta would do
HybridMBLJun 1, 2013 10:47 AM
Jun 1, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2011
I wish they went with rover title - Team Epic :D
Jun 1, 2013 10:09 AM
May 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked how this challenge wasn't about winning the tournament but working with fellow astronauts. Not winning the challenge only hammered that point through.

Was surprised to see the callback to Fukuda from the qualification exams!

well coz it's SEINEN, so MC not always win or get 1st place

Im surprised too about Fukuda, not because he is the director, but I forgot whether this rocket launcher competition is open for public to participate
Jun 1, 2013 10:58 AM
Jul 2011
I don't remember which opening it was but, the opening where Mutta's the engineer building the rocket for Hibito sort of gave it all away.

Mutta's gonna become an engineer.
deadeaddeadJun 1, 2013 11:02 AM
Jun 1, 2013 11:04 AM

Sep 2008
Love idea about giving rover name and send lego astronaut Hibito-kun with rover!
So sweet!

Fukuda-san! OMG! I didn't expect this!
How nice they bring old characters back, even for a while *.*
Nice too see he's doing well!
Maybe they will show other characters? xD

Great episode!
Love Space Brothers!
Jun 1, 2013 11:44 AM

Jul 2012
Cool episode, i was for them to win though :)
Jun 1, 2013 12:21 PM
Aug 2011
D'awww they named the little lego guy Hibito. Mutta picking and tugging at my heartstrings like always.

Well they didn't win but in the end that hardly seems to matter.

Fukuda-san, he's not getting left behind so easily. That's just great.
Jun 1, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode as usual.

That Lego Hibito was hopefully a foreshadowing that everything will be fine nxt episode :D

Loved the Fukuda moment :)
Jun 1, 2013 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
AnimeFtw1 said:
I don't remember which opening it was but, the opening where Mutta's the engineer building the rocket for Hibito sort of gave it all away.

Mutta's gonna become an engineer.

Nah. He already is/was. After all it'a space brothers.
Jun 1, 2013 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
I knew it was going to be Fukuda on the phone. I really miss him, he was such a great character.

This arc seems to focus a lot on the importance of engineers, as well as the rest of the team in space travel as well as bringing the astronauts/cosmonauts home safely.

I wonder what the next event will be after this engineering competition.
Jun 1, 2013 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
Nice to see the author doesn't forget about his other characters, it was great seeing Fukuda again. Next week probably wont be as tense as the moon arc but i'm pretty sure breaths will be held.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2008
I don't know if it's because of the beer, but when I heard Nanba say "It's been a while, Fukuda-san" I d'awwwwwww'd so hard. This series is just so heartwarming. <3

Pieco/10 to this episode.
Jun 1, 2013 11:35 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode like always..Mutta comes up with a nice idea and next week Hibito returns but the weeks after will be very sad and i'm mostly sure than i'm gonna cry
Jun 2, 2013 12:12 AM

May 2008
Looks like next week will be the week where all of Pico's worries either go away or stay with him FOREVER.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 2, 2013 12:22 AM

Jul 2011
The animation looked a wee-bit different this episode, but I don't mind. I'm a bit sad they didn't make it to the goal, but I'm happy that they brought back Fukuda-san for a few moments.

Mutta has great ideas.

Looking forward to next episode, like always.
Jun 2, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode.
I really enjoy how they're able to come up ways to solve all these problems and advance further, as Vince said, they had the most problems, but were the ones to improve the most.

That phone call took me by surprise though, I had completely forgotten about Fukuda accepted that invitation awhile back with the private company. It was definitely a very welcomed surprise.
Next episode can't come soon enough with the return of Hibito!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 2, 2013 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
Ah, great episode! :O Love how they were able to work through their problems ... like Vince said, they had the most problems, so they improved the most :3
Love the naming thing they did ... Pieco ahaha omg XD Plus the Lego astronaut Hibito! Hopefully that means he's going to come home safely next episode ... and Pico's worries will either go away or well, stay forever I guess :S
How awesome was it that they brought Fukuda back?! I'd pretty much forgotten about him and his private company (sorry! >_<) so it's awesome that they get little cameos every now and again :3 Just goes to show that he hasn't given up on his dreams of becoming a rocket designer either!
Here's to hoping that Hibito and the others return safely! :O
Jun 2, 2013 11:03 AM
Nov 2011
The quality of the animation was quite disappointing in this episode, but I suppose some level of decrease is to be expected when a show has been aired as long as this one has.

As for the progression of the plot, I don't really have any further comments. Rather, I'm looking forward to the brothers' reunion.
Jun 2, 2013 2:40 PM

May 2011
Aw, that was wonderful, I'm glad how the competition was handled. Bringing Fukuda into the mix was great, I'm happy to see he really is still part of the experience. And the Hibito lego is so sweet. X3 I wonder if someone will recognize it as their figure in the days to come.
Jun 2, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
Actually they did pretty well considering they had the lowest budget to work with (penalty for finishing last on the survival trek). They came second of the AsCan teams and were within 200 meters of the goal. Since only the winning team reached the goal they were probably only a few meters behind the other AsCan team (who finished third overall as opposed to E's fifth place finish). The real goal isn't to win the competition, it's to demonstrate teamwork, problem solving and initiative in order to be chosen for an actual mission. I can't help but think they've raised their evaluations as candidates after this.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Mar 2010
Oh God, Space Brothers. No matter what everyone else say, there's no anime like this one. As expected from it, the last part from this week episode was absolutely fantastic, it moved me, as always.
It's one of those show where tears comes out naturally, both tears of joy or sadness.
Everyone should watch it, even those who doesn't like anime at all.

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Jun 3, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Damn I thought they would win. But this competition demonstrated teamwork. How you handle things with limited budget and time. Wow when Namba was talking to Fukuda I was in tears. Glad to see him back.

I wonder if we will see other characters from the past?
Jun 3, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
More suspense next episode with Hibito coming back to Earth, more mini heart attacks.

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jun 5, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
giusex27 said:
More suspense next episode with Hibito coming back to Earth, more mini heart attacks.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I have love hate relationship with those.

On the side note: there was something off with animation this episode... Mutta didn't quite looked like Mutta in some scenes, the way he run toward that storage door was a bit choppy and in the sequence where the team runs around following their rover they all look awkward, Makabe was particularly disproportional.
Jun 16, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
Definately the best slice of lfe anime
Oct 24, 2013 7:30 PM
Jan 2013
That was an awesome moment. Glad to see the momentary return of Fukuda. I hope he got to talk to the others from his team. :)
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jan 5, 2014 1:05 PM
Oct 2012
Very good episode. By the way, it's really nice to see Fukuda again :)
Mar 18, 2014 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
brb crying

Beautiful competition. I really didn't care that they weren't the best team. Also, when they found out the director of the first place team was lead by Fukuda, I started tearing up. Man, so beautiful this show.
Jul 30, 2014 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
Lol, Pieco. What a cute name. So their rover is a female then I guess D:

I still think they did well though despite not winning. HOLY SHIT, is that Fukuda? That's awesome. It's been awhile since we've seen him again.
Sep 24, 2014 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
I'm glad Team E did well on the competition
Glaring at Amanti to draw the line up was funny

It was nice to see Fukuda again
Nov 5, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
It was nice seeing Fukuda again. Team E did pretty well overall.
Mar 7, 2015 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
I found this part to be highly arbitrary. The challenge is to simulate a space launch and the "impediment" is the rain or weather conditions. An actual space launch would never launch in unfavorable weather conditions.

Japanese are also underestimating Texas, for it to rain conveniently on challenge day, you gotta be fucking kidding me.
Mar 30, 2015 2:05 AM
Apr 15, 2015 5:20 AM

Aug 2010
Oh yeah!!! I guessed it was Fukuda XD

I have a feeling in the future maybe we'll see Mutta riding in Fukuda's rocket or something~
Nov 17, 2015 6:04 AM
Dec 2009
Fukuda!! I didn't expect him to come back into the story so soon. Great to see he's doing well and enjoying his job! Hope we see him or his team again :)

I loved this competition. What a great way for astronauts to learn firsthand how their support team feels!
Nov 21, 2015 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
Hadn't seen him in a while. Makes me wonder how monkey boy is doing.
Dec 22, 2016 10:33 AM

May 2015
Nice cameo Fukuda-san.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 26, 2016 5:07 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 60 - Sea Diver and Space Diver:

Pieco was 200 meters from the finish line.

Team A win the third place (Ascan first) Team E fifth place (Asian second) and the first overall is from a private company.

Fukuda is now in the private company finish off the first manned rocket of Japan.

I wonder if they know the meaning of "Pico" from chile...

4/5
Jul 5, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
Fantastic episode, our team did a great job to achieve a good position.

Seeing Fukuda again made me so happy! I loved this guy, glad to see that everything is going nice in his new job.
Sep 19, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2012
Loved that ending, even if they didn't won they sure did a fantastic job!
Mar 12, 2018 7:41 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, I wasn't expecting to see Fukuda in this arc, really nice.
Mar 17, 2018 3:12 AM

Jun 2017
This competition isn't about the astronauts. It's the engineers. About what kind of burden they have to shoulder. And no one notices. Appreciated this episode for making me realize that. I did know it, but it was just always at the back of my mind and never really processed it. My love for this series is just growing.
Nov 1, 2020 5:38 PM

Dec 2007
though the battery didn't were enough, that was great thinking about overcoming the mud!

didn't expect for fukuda be involved this far in the story, but it let me thought that this arc really resembled that third exam arc.
Aug 8, 2023 1:12 PM

Dec 2018
Awesome idea and bravo, Fukuda-san. Glad to see him again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.