Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 4, 2009 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tear-drop mouth is back Σ(゚Д゚)

Honestly i almost forgetten some of the characters but regardless of that it was still enjoyable, especially the teacher visit omiai part.

OP was very late, and ED was really early.. but that's minami-ke i guess.

Great start.
Jan 4, 2009 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
Nooo you beat me. Oh well, not bad for a first episode. I noticed some shifts in animation at the beginning though, but it was still enjoyable.

The new OP was pretty catchy IMO. The ending song was great too with an awesome sequence.

Caup Yakisoba Genshyo
\
Jan 4, 2009 11:40 AM
May 2008
I wonder if it was subbed... I can't find it.
Jan 4, 2009 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
It was exactly the Minami-ke I expected (same studio as S2), was very enjoyable and I found it ended too early.
Uchida was kawaii :) and the whole pen thing was great.

And I'm looking forward to more Hosaka actions :D
Jan 4, 2009 1:51 PM
Jan 2009
Damn now I get beaten here all the time. WHO CARES, I have other place to be with reviews. My two words failed art! what the hell did they do to them? First season was way better then second got a little MEH! Finally this is O_O, anyways I will keep watching because I want WTH is going on in this series still art is BAD! First season still the best.
Jan 4, 2009 2:21 PM
Oct 2008
Second season art was not bad at all. It turned out to be pretty good in the end. Also, about the episode, not bad for the first one, had its funny moments. And I find this opening to be better than the second and first. The song is really catchy and the animation is pretty awesome :3
Jan 4, 2009 3:22 PM
May 2008
Finally found it... awesome first ep! I enjoyed it almost as much as first seasons ep. Animation and art is great! I like how it's a bit closer to Season 1's

Forgot to mention... GARsaka was as GAR as always. ;D
KazungaJan 4, 2009 6:30 PM
Jan 4, 2009 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
Well is as great like always ;)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 4, 2009 8:21 PM
Jan 2008
Nice Episode still hope for a lovestory ^^
Young, a bad english is bad for our life!
Jan 4, 2009 8:25 PM

Sep 2008
artemis22 said:
Damn now I get beaten here all the time. WHO CARES, I have other place to be with reviews. My two words failed art! what the hell did they do to them? First season was way better then second got a little MEH! Finally this is O_O, anyways I will keep watching because I want WTH is going on in this series still art is BAD! First season still the best.

lol, i noticed that the art was different, but it wasnt phail. just really akward seeing them like that =P
Jan 5, 2009 6:13 AM

Apr 2008
HosakaTetsugake said:
Animation and art is great!

Sure is great.

I'm impressed by the renowned asread quality.
Yes, I'm stupid enough to work for the government.
Jan 5, 2009 9:26 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fujibayashi said:
HosakaTetsugake said:

Sure is great.

aaaggh.. my eyes! my eyes!

The art and animation, if continue like this, will beat VK in terms of crappiness.....
wakka9caJan 7, 2009 7:41 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 5, 2009 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't seen it yet... Can't wait to. Still wishing the studio from the first season animated it, but so long as it's Minami-ke, you know it's still good.
Jan 5, 2009 2:26 PM
May 2008
Fujibayashi said:
HosakaTetsugake said:

Sure is great.

at some parts. :|
Jan 5, 2009 7:12 PM
Oct 2007
yes, finally more minami-ke. good ep

cant beleive it too so long for hosaka to unbutton his shirt.
Jan 5, 2009 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Fujibayashi said:
HosakaTetsugake said:

Sure is great.

Currently contemplating whether or not to watch it or just drop it for all that is still good about season 1..
Jan 5, 2009 9:26 PM

Oct 2007
I like that they dropped the two toned hair colors and the black faces (just looked awful), but man, the animation quality was really sloppy to the point of distraction at times. hopefully they'll improve on it.

but putting that aside, i thought it was a legitimately amusing episode. there were a bunch of scenes i liked:
- the cup yakisoba genshou scene
- kana rejecting takeru
- fujioka interrupting takeru and the nurse's match
- and of course, hosaka's 180 fortunes (lol)

it's not season 1 level, but the writing and pacing was much snappier than it was in okawari. and i like the new OP and ED, though they dropped them in weird places. but not a bad idea though, it made the ep feel like it was running quicker.
Jan 5, 2009 10:12 PM

Aug 2008
Art definitely got worse... Learn your basic anatomy, asread.

Oh and also, over here.

Pathetic
IiotokoJan 5, 2009 10:24 PM
Jan 5, 2009 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
Uminekko said:
Art definitely got worse... Learn your basic anatomy, asread.

Oh and also, over here.

Pathetic

I noticed this, and wanted to cry.

Art is really really bad. I love Minami-ke, but I also value not bleeding from the eyes.
Jan 5, 2009 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
OP and ED were better than 2nd season...i never had high hopes for this season
but at least its still entertaining, despite the horrendous art. Still funny but still lacks the charm that the first season had=_=; oh well itll kill time :p

Jan 5, 2009 11:25 PM

Jul 2008
I enjoyed it, yes, but I have to agree that the first season was the best so far.
Jan 6, 2009 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
HOSAKA IS BACK! YEAHHH
Jan 6, 2009 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
wasnt as great as the first but still better than the 2nd. but a little early to decide so i just wait up, but overall the gags were awesome.

Jan 6, 2009 2:20 AM

Apr 2008
Funny how people actually waited this to beat first season. It ain't happening bros, we are only beating second season with this, and it really seems happening.

In comparison with second season, this was quite entertaining and we already got our first dose of HosaGARness. Nice I have to say.

E: Oh yeh about the art, did ya notice how they fused the designs of first and second season to create current design?
AnkkuliJan 6, 2009 2:28 AM
Something.
Jan 6, 2009 2:23 AM
Aug 2008
Well I enjoyed this episode much more then I expected. The art was a bit different then both S1 and S2 but It wasn't bad either, and they brought the teardrop mouth thing which was always great.

The most important thing was that it was very funny. Maybe not quite on the level of S1, but definitely better then S2's. Its only the first episode though so It may get even better.

The one thing that I noticed a lot was how much it seemed Kana and especially Chiaki had matured physically art wise (but not mentally). Also I'm really glad they got rid of the red hair, that reeaallyy annoyed me in S2.

I'll be following this and give this episode 2 thumbs up!
Jan 6, 2009 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
Wah x3 Minami-ke <3
*happy about the next Season*
Well, it was good :3 maybe it'll get better later.
Jan 6, 2009 3:55 AM
Nov 2007
WcDuck said:

E: Oh yeh about the art, did ya notice how they fused the designs of first and second season to create current design?

That's also the same thing come to my mind when I was watching it .

I really enjoy if what I see from the OP that they are going to bring mostly of the characters in season 1 back into the show. But somewhere, I feel there somewhere a missing loop in some of the scene for ppl who only follow the story of Minami-ke through the anime series without reading the manga version.
Jan 6, 2009 4:51 AM

Jan 2008
Art's pretty distracting. Regarding the jokes in the episode, the later half appeared to be better than the first.
Jan 6, 2009 5:29 AM

Jul 2008
I love the pen! wish I have one too :D a pen who could predict things.. how great it will be.

Jan 6, 2009 6:09 AM
Mar 2008
I failed all over myself @ the animation. It feels less like them every series. Last one I got over it after a few eps, but really hoping that happens here too, cuz I love this show. This episode's was just crap. Opening was awesome and the same Minami-ke humor throughout.
Jan 6, 2009 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
The humor is consistent with the other seasons, which is bad because it should be much better in order to compensate for the pepper spray art, the OP and ED go back to the 1st season's style, with some homages in the case of the OP, but as stand alone melodies I still prefer the 2nd season's songs.
Jan 6, 2009 6:32 AM

Sep 2007
They forcefully first-season'd it too much, especially the opening, that's the only thing that bothers me but I love it nonetheless. I give pretty much a DAMN about the animation. As long as it doesn't look like Shin-Chan, I'm satisfied wih nearly everything.
Jan 6, 2009 7:12 AM

Jul 2007
Wow the art was really fail. Thought it couldn't be THAT bad after checking this thread.. but now that I've actually watched Ep1, man. Anyway. I thought the quality of animation was actually quite decent for the most part.
Comparing to Minami-Ke season1 isn't gonna work out, either way, season1 was a one-in-a-year masterpiece, imo. I didn't really like the second season much, so I'm not expecting too much anymore and can just enjoy the funny and good parts, whether they're plentiful, or not!

Oh and.. last but not least.. the Chihiro subs were suck too >_< (Yea yea, still better than no subs, I guess!)
Jan 6, 2009 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm animation and style at the beginning looks really weird. Someone was slacking at work ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 6, 2009 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
Not a bad episode, really liked the Ed
Jan 6, 2009 9:50 AM

May 2008
Great episode. I'm in love again :-)

Yes, the art wasn't as good as S2. But I don't watch Minami-ke for the art. I watch Minami-ke for the characters, the atmosphere (for some reason I often mention Minami-ke and Aria in one sentence) and the comedy. And these are all still great as ever.

BTW, Kana did look a little different when she was still in bed. Guess a comb works wonders on her.

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Jan 6, 2009 10:08 AM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, looks definitely better than the 2nd season. It seems they're trying to find the same style from season 1.
Jan 6, 2009 10:37 AM

Nov 2008
pretty nice first ep.
even though I still havn't see anything that made me laugh like the first. It is better than probably 10 or so eps in the 2nd season.
looking foward to more =D
hi
Jan 6, 2009 10:57 AM

Dec 2007
ZZZZZZZZZZ

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jan 6, 2009 12:23 PM
Jun 2007
Despite the bad things people said about this, I think it was pretty good episode. At least, they changed the hair color and character design. Plus the OP and ED really fits the series, unlike the second season's.

This will definitely be better than the second season as far as I can tell.
giossJan 6, 2009 12:44 PM
Jan 6, 2009 1:11 PM

Oct 2008
For the posts that said the animation was good: what are you smoking and where can I get some? Because I want see what you're seeing.

Overall nice ep. Funny and pacing was ok. As long as they don't try and add a serious character like in S2, I think I'll be pleased with S3.
Jan 6, 2009 1:31 PM
Jan 2009
ironchefflip said:
For the posts that said the animation was good: what are you smoking and where can I get some? Because I want see what you're seeing.

Overall nice ep. Funny and pacing was ok. As long as they don't try and add a serious character like in S2, I think I'll be pleased with S3.

I smoke crypt weed! The best!
Jan 6, 2009 1:56 PM
Dec 2007
OP/ED are worse than the first two seasons and the animation and art are absolutely crappy (like two or three levels under season one), not even worth an anime of the 2000's. Still, the script and jokes felt more dynamic and interesting than season 2, especially with the return of long forgotten characters like Hosaka, but we're obviously not back to the writing quality of the first Minami-Ke. I'm really mixed about this episode, if asread can improve the overall technique, this season will no doubt beat the second, but if not, I don't know... I'm not really in the mood of hurting my eyes each week trying to watch an episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 6, 2009 2:04 PM

Sep 2007
david167 said:
ironchefflip said:

I smoke crypt weed! The best!

Are you retarded or something, angel999?

Saw part of the episode... and there is quite a bit of QUALITY running about.
Jan 6, 2009 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
I don't care about animation and art. Minami-ke is back and it is as enjoyable as before!
Hosaka go for it!
Jan 6, 2009 2:13 PM
Apr 2008
Overall, this episode was OK. Not too much going on, but it was cute nonetheless and good to see Minami-ke for another season. I didn't really mind the OP or ED, it was just the placements of them, right in the middle of the episode. That was just... a bit off.

Personally, I think people need to stop comparing each of the seasons and just look at it as a whole series. I mean, that's what I do and it's actually better to watch like that, I think. But whatever, everyone has their opinions.
Jan 6, 2009 5:20 PM
Oct 2007
Well, I'm just really happy there's another season. Can never get enough of Minami-ke.
Jan 6, 2009 5:43 PM

Aug 2007
well... that was a strange beginning of series, but was fun.

I was like this o.O when I saw the ending at the middle of the episode
minimiauJan 6, 2009 5:47 PM
Jan 6, 2009 8:57 PM

Jun 2007
Comedy +3
Art -3
First impression +1
Total: 1

This episode started out different which was great. Chaki apparently likes Fujioka...or maybe that was just a joke either way it was funny when she pulled him over and sat on his lap and treated him like a chair. The characters are more humorous then the second season...it feels kind of like the first season which is great. The art was pretty bad though. I loved the first season's art, the second season's was bad and this season's looks even worse. The mouthes are so weird lol. Overall I found this first episode way better then the second season's first episode. I'll try and over look the art and pay more attention to the jokes.

PS. also seems like their focusing more on the romance element. The other two series didn't really dabble with this much so it was nice seeing some tossed in the first ep (ie. Nurse and Ojii-san flirting, peen pointing to Fujioka and everyone watching Kana, Hosaka doing what Hosaka does lol.
Jan 6, 2009 9:02 PM
Jun 2007
The animation really is bad, very bad. But I like how it's similar to the 1st season again. Especially the drop-shaped mouth =D
Also, it seems that it's going to be better than the 2nd season, which was just... boring.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 10, 2009

89 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 10, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kraker2k - Jan 19, 2009

60 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Jan 11, 2009

99 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 23, 2009

56 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 21, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

lonehunter88 - Mar 29, 2009

100 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 27, 2023 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.