Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2013 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, so I see drama at the beach. Those surfers..

Gotta capture this confidence:

So another confession this episode. Is every route going to have one? I'm guessing so although I'm not surprised at all. Dat tears and hug~
May 30, 2013 11:11 PM

Oct 2012
So rushed.... and its too short if each route (except Haruka) just got 1 - 2 episodes. Its just not balanced.

anyway, its a little bit cliche in here but i love cliche. :3
May 31, 2013 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
After Haruka, we have another case of the heroine working on a MC route (instead of the other way round like the usual galgame). Funny.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 1, 2013 5:08 AM

May 2010
Nice ep and all, had me laugh at some part but this is kinda becoming a littke cut and paste at some part some parts, same route just diffrrent way to get there at some points wish they would change it some, other then that enjoyed the episode

on a side not, Yuuko being that one chick with black hair now that an episode i want to see hope it get shown.
Jun 1, 2013 6:30 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely the best episode so far, heck now I like Nonoka out of all girls the most, a good addition to Saito Chiwa's top tier girls. 4/5.

It seems that the thing with Uchida didn't completely vanish into the background. Can't wait to see what happens there.
Jun 1, 2013 6:34 AM

Sep 2012
I've forgotten when is the last time I got to hear Saito Chiwa's cute voice so this episode is a real treasure!

And it packs some of the most erotic scenes in the series so far, from the flip up of the short pants to reveal the tan line to the running in bikini and of course the "hand bra" moment.

I guess the missing of some characters is the result of cramping the whole arc into one episode - the last two episodes people notice Haruka was missing, and in this episode the MC's fellow club members are prominent by their total absence. It somehow gives an unnatural feel. An the revelation of Uchida's secret is even odder and out of place. My guess is it is a device for a later episode which does not have enough space to accommodate the revelation but has to use the secret for the arc.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 1, 2013 7:02 AM
Feb 2012
Now that's a girl I can get behind (not that way, you perverts). A cheerful and sporty girl with a sexy body and cute face. Nonoka takes the number #1 girl spot for now and I really hope she makes another appearance, however small it may be.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 1, 2013 7:03 AM

Jun 2012
Favorite girl so far for me personally! Always had a thing for girl next door types and both Maeda/Nonoka had some standout moments

Wasn't expecting that Uchida twist
Jun 1, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2008
...I think I only watched Photokano for this episode.

SO WHY ONLY ONE EPISODE FFS.
Jun 1, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2010
This episode was...The best so far:D I love this girl:)
Jun 1, 2013 9:00 AM

May 2010
Hydnlife said:
Nice ep and all, had me laugh at some part but this is kinda becoming a littke cut and paste at some part some parts, same route just diffrrent way to get there at some points wish they would change it some, other then that enjoyed the episode

on a side not, Yuuko being that one chick with black hair now that an episode i want to see hope it get shown.

That's what I am looking forward to the most. They better surprise me!
Jun 1, 2013 9:11 AM
Jan 2013
Oh so sweet a Nonoka arc.
Jun 1, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2013
This by far is my fave episode. And now Nonoka is my favorite out of the rest.... Sporty, sexy, funny, cute, funny and very straightforward. Cant wait for the other eps xD
Tch.
Jun 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2009
Nonoka is my favorite girl among main heroines but her ark was to... strange(but quite fitting fior her personality). But last oone is still the best so far.

And I just hope that they'll give ep. 13 for Yuuko
Jun 1, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Nonoka is the best girl
Jun 1, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2008
Best girl so far.Loved her conffesion of love.

Such a pity it was only one episode. Every arc (after Haruka's) is so rushed...
Blue_QbeJun 1, 2013 9:48 AM
Jun 1, 2013 10:54 AM

Jan 2011
God, no, just no.
This show is really going downhill.
Why did they waste their time at the beginning with support characters and stuff? They only play narrator role at the next episode preview now, lol.
Id never pick this crap up if I knew they would go 1 episode per character route, this is just not nearly enough. Everything looks rushed and lame, with no depth whatsoever. Score down to 5/10.

Haruka's arc looked so much better with only one more episode. Or maybe she was the most natural choise after the said introduction episodes and her route didn't look that out of nothing. Dunno. But the show just took the tropy for me for being the worst anime I am watching and haven't dropped yet. That's something, it managed to overtake Little Busters, I didn't think that was possible :D
AlexGKJun 1, 2013 10:59 AM
Jun 1, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2009
Uchida being the cosplay girl is by far the most interesting thing to happen in this show so far, lol.
Ara ara.
Jun 1, 2013 11:10 AM
May 2013
Have to say this was my favorite episode so far, although they are rushing everything. I wish it was like amagami ss where each girl had at least 4 episodes for each arc. Then there is the issue of how there are seven girls total, theyre on episode 9 now with what will likely only be a 12 episode season. Hope they make another and take more time one each arc.
Jun 1, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
The animation is really impressive for this type of anime.

Biggest disappointment, no Yuuko Uchida arc.
Jun 1, 2013 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
That route was so random, but still fun. I still hope for more Uchida :) especially we know her secret now.
Jun 1, 2013 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
I liked this arc, then again, the fact that they're trying to put each arc in a single episode (except for the main) makes me dislike this a bit.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Jun 1, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2013
That was good epsiode.
Jun 1, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
The hand bra. The best kind of bra there is, well other than no bra. Favorite episode by far.
Jun 1, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2012
A bit rushed like some of these other 1 chapter arcs. I really wish they'd develop the stories better.

Nonoka was a cute girl though. It's hard to believe that's the same seeiyu that did Senjougahara.
Jun 1, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2008
I was expecting something better with this heroine. It felt forced and too over the top. Hopefully next one won't disappoint.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 1, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
LOL I knew it. Uchida was that model.
Jun 1, 2013 3:57 PM

Feb 2012
Lol @ those 2 duds who tried to attack them on the beach, b*tch ass MC, stand and fight for your girl.

Uchida ftw.
Jun 1, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2013
The scene with the two guys harassing them was weird. Yeah, they acted pretty offensive, but there really was no reason to kick the bench in his face this early on and then run away. This part seemed very forced. The rest of the episode was enjoyable, probably the best arc yet. I really liked Nonoka's determination. Finally it's Mai's route next week.
Jun 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
Nonoka is my favorite girl by far, but the feeling that this show could've been so much more keeps gnawing away at me.

Chibi Mai next!

Jun 1, 2013 5:01 PM

Jan 2008
I thought they were going to save the costume discovery scene for Uchida Yuuko? Maybe they had a few minutes to fill in this episode so they borrowed it from her ep.

Seeing the tanned-blonde douchebag combo was as expected. Although I thought Maeda was going to get beat up, and have Nonoka "comfort" him after. Was funny to see the big muscle guy; really gave off an impression "Somebody's going to pay for that......now bend over."
Jun 1, 2013 7:07 PM

May 2011
Wow... a recap of the beginning, and a rehash of a previous scene wastes time for an already short arc. This adaptation is very disorganized; at least Amagami SS was consistent with their arcs. She was one of the more physically attractive ones too... :/ Her arc was crap. Not only was she desperate, the affection came from being nice. I understand story might not be the selling point in Photokano, but seriously, can no one come up with a better idea other than I love her because she's nice!?

OMG MY TWINTAIL LOLI ARC UP NEXT. Please please please be more than one episode.
Jun 1, 2013 7:36 PM

Oct 2012
omg omg Saito uses her Kotori voice!!! This show just got so much more epic!
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Jun 1, 2013 8:46 PM
Aug 2012
Finally get the loli next.
Jun 1, 2013 10:51 PM
Oct 2010
she is fuckin banging. hotness.

what happened withthe swim girl? is it just covering all the girls?

o man gymnast girl next hnnggg
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 2, 2013 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
NEED SOME HAND BRA JEANS
Jun 2, 2013 1:06 AM

Jan 2009
Kurogashi said:
NEED SOME HAND BRA JEANS

NAKED APRON ALLIANCE GO!
Jun 2, 2013 2:04 AM

Sep 2012
I now give you what you lust yearn after !

Jun 2, 2013 2:38 AM

May 2013
Nonoka is really cute. And I like how she says Darts'un.

Challege of Love is pretty awesome. With the whole costumes and effects.

It would be really nice to live in a world where a girl can confess to a guy.
Uchida is actually the famous cosplayer Alice. Wow.

Yay, pictures of Nonoka!

The beach. Maeda really has a thing for beaches. But so do we.
And he scored some points with that table flip.
But Nonoka countered with the legendary handbra!

Mai is up next!
You know, if I didn't know each episode would be a different route, I would say Maeda would be a seven-timing bstrd.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 2, 2013 3:07 AM

Sep 2012
Nonoka is definetely the best girl so far. As usual, the story felt really rushed, and the Uchida revelation in this episode seemed pointless.
Jun 2, 2013 3:38 AM

Oct 2012
. . 果たし状

I looked up the characters used for that piece of paper. It is pronounced "hatashijō"
and, indeed, it means a "letter of challenge". This is specific for challenging someone
to a duel. Breaking the phrase down a bit further, the phrase "果たし" can mean "to
play"*
, and I conjecture that this extends to a "fighting contest". The character 状
has many possible meanings. One of them is "a written complaint". So the overall
logic seems more or less clear. Although in the anime we see the 果たし状 being
delivered by hand, a common alternative is that 果たし状 is the heading for a letter
which gives the details of what the challenger is complaining about. Search on Google
Images for 果たし状 and you will see some beautiful examples. From some other
anime I have seen, I recall learning that one tradition at school is that the 果たし状
could be placed in somebody's shoe locker. Clearly, Photo Kano is expanding on the
traditional concept of 果たし状 in an innovative way.

* Corrected due to Symbv. See his post #48.
okanaganJun 3, 2013 11:07 PM
Jun 2, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
I now give you what you lust yearn after !

:nosebleed: Truly best girl..!! Uchida's secret got revealed bit by bit..
Claude_KennyJun 2, 2013 7:00 AM
Keep moving forward
Jun 2, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2009
Sensational episode!!!

Finally, one of my favourite girl Nonoka is getting her own arc and it was superb with lots of many different scenes and I loved seeing Nonaka trying so hard to master her riser shot and she was able to achieve this with the support of Maeda. That attempted hand-bra at the beach was pretty intense along with the poses she did at the beach and during her softball practice trainings with Maeda. The style in which she confessed was a good change and pretty unique and was very cute through various moments in different scenes and the ending was perfect. Uchida really was a mysterious girl but I never expected her to the cosplayer from the first episode. I still think that the last episode may be fully dedicated to her and somehow reveal several secrets about her and I'm pretty sure that it may have something to do with her stealth ability and camouflaging hair. She may be a potential heroine for Maeda but we have to wait and see how the series progresses.

The structure of this anime is pretty debatable as I can understand that this is a 12-episode series so it may be understandable if they want to do a 1-2 episode for most of the heroines but this will mean that some parts may not be developed in the way they should have been but then again somehow makes sense as the point is made quite clearly in each scene. This happens with nearly every girl with the exception of Niimi and I'm just very surprised how they were able to go from friends to confession which leads to a happy ending for each girl but in the series, it is actually a recollection of the most important events hence in this where they show scenes from the summer and at fall with the cultural festival.

We get to see Sakura Mai who is also one of my favourites so I will be looking forward to see her development with Maeda in the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 2, 2013 2:38 PM

Jul 2011
4-5 episodes of fanservice and now amagami SS structure episodes...makes sense
Jun 2, 2013 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
a girl per episode they put a year in just one episode it feels rushed and didn't he also tell Haruka the he loves her? or is that in hstory and they're going like to like make him love each girl?
Jun 2, 2013 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was cute but my god am I so ready for Sakura's arc next ep.
Jun 2, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2010
Nonoka is such a fun girl I would definitely love to have her as a a girlfriend
Jun 2, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
I looked up the characters used for that piece of paper. It is pronounced "hatashijō"
and, indeed, it means a "letter of challenge". This is specific for challenging someone
to a duel. Breaking the phrase down a bit further, the phrase "果たし" can mean "a
game", and I conjecture that this extends to a "fighting contest".
I never see "果たし" meaning a game. The word can mean "play" in the sense that something "plays" a certain role and it does not mean playing a game.

Anyway, 果たし状 comes from the word 果し合い which means duel or a fight against each other to "fulfill" one's honor (which is another meaning of 果たす). The 状 is just a formal way to mean a letter.

Jun 2, 2013 11:35 PM

May 2012
Nonoka is so freaking cute and the loli next should be good.

btw I'm still not happy about the 1 girl per arc.
Jun 3, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2012
Best episode so far. Some challenge of love is fun.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite girl.

Kanorin - Jun 22, 2013

25 by 0nder_16 »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

104 by Kraum »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:49 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

118 by maaroc »»
Sep 15, 2022 10:35 AM

» I absolutely hate it when shows do this (Spoilers)

DEMOLITION_D - May 24, 2013

18 by RioAl »»
Jun 10, 2022 8:29 PM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

112 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.