Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 1, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, apparently not L-Elf's little sister, but perhaps still a love interest (or long lost sister, who knows?). As we all know, L-elf is the true protagonist of the show, anyway.

Coffee and sugar? Who the heck comes up with these lines? More bait for the fujoshi after that one where L-Elf allowed Haruto to bite him. Sunrise seems more and more to be merely tweaking their CG formula for this one's story instead of writing fresh material - L-Elf is the genius tactician, and Haruto is the ace mecha pilot. Complete with a 'control' power variant into the mix.

Not gonna be surprised if Satomi ends up attacking or backstabbing Shouko one of these eps. He's starting to feel marginalized and in almost every case it was Shouko who was the key person involved. On the Dorssian side of things... the Colonel seems to be in possession of similar space vampire powers... if he's not possessed himself.

So it really is a new ED, not a one off special for Aina. Not gonna miss the first one, I hated the lyrics for it. This one's better.

Valvrave V finally gets a pilot next ep. Maybe Valvrave III as well. Most likely Kyuuma for Blue, who now has a reason to fight. "Thunder" doesn't need a reason to pick fights, anyway so he's prolly getting Yellow too. inb4 Satomi's potential death becomes the trigger for Akira to also become the pilot of Valvrave VI...
Jun 1, 2013 8:15 AM

May 2012
*yawns*

Eru Erufu's keeping the show watchable.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 1, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Screw the haters, this episode was incredibly amazing!!!
Jun 1, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2012
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

That coffee line was hilarious xD
Jun 1, 2013 10:24 AM

Feb 2013
Newmn84 said:
Yeeeaaaahhhhh, I've long since given up on the whack physics this anime is trying to employ. The whole thing with the ice freezing off the magnets more than likely wouldn't happen. It's more likely that the ice would chip off the magnets but I doubt that would happen as well, if those magnets were meant to capture mechs, I doubt they could be removed by ice shards if they can't be removed by simply lifting them off.

Have you considered the possibility that the boomerangs rely largely on mechanical force to stick on the mech by applying a squeezing force ( no other word comes to mind ) instead of just magnetic force? (which I believe is extremely small) Since freezing a material greatly decreases mallaebility, the material will fail to apply that pressure and will eventually peel off.

If its just pure magnetic force, the mech can just bend the material to move, since magnetic force acts surface to surface. If it bends and squeezes through applying a force however, it'll pin the mech's joints in place.

The place where aina died was not 0 g, it was low gravity. The blood will eventually settle on the ground.

Edit: or even better yet, the electronic components inside the boomerangs (they obviously need them for receiving signals and adjusting the forces) failed to work/ malfunctioned when the temperature dropped below their operational temperature range.
FiveOVERJun 1, 2013 10:58 AM
Jun 1, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Jun 1, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
Another rather boring episode still the amount of fail in this anime is somewhat entertaining in a way guess besides that not much is keeping me watching this anime.

First of all still wondering after which structure Dorssia is trying to be formed it looks like both the German and Russian states during WW2 the main difference is that it seems to be leaded by a emperor or king since this episode showed a princess.
And that building that L-Elf was running around during his escape looked like the Kremlin while other scenes during previous episodes looked more like the situation which you saw in Germany during the war like huge banners and speeches given to huge crowds.
There are other things suggesting that the anime was inspired by this.

Now the small country that the students formed as it's currently going it want be long before it falls and this isn't because of the enemy but because of themselves.
Currently their country doesn't have a leader nor any form of hierarchy they have no crime prevention no army and limited knowledge of their own defence systems let alone the systems they need to keep that colony running.
They also don't appear to have some form of food production or at least someone who concerns themselves about it.
Not to mention that many of the students don't seem to be doing anything at all.
All this factors combined only mean that things can only go wrong.

But well this is anime where physics and logics don't work at all.
Jun 1, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Aversa said:
Another rather boring episode still the amount of fail in this anime is somewhat entertaining in a way guess besides that not much is keeping me watching this anime.

First of all still wondering after which structure Dorssia is trying to be formed it looks like both the German and Russian states during WW2 the main difference is that it seems to be leaded by a emperor or king since this episode showed a princess.
And that building that L-Elf was running around during his escape looked like the Kremlin while other scenes during previous episodes looked more like the situation which you saw in Germany during the war like huge banners and speeches given to huge crowds.
There are other things suggesting that the anime was inspired by this.

Now the small country that the students formed as it's currently going it want be long before it falls and this isn't because of the enemy but because of themselves.
Currently their country doesn't have a leader nor any form of hierarchy they have no crime prevention no army and limited knowledge of their own defence systems let alone the systems they need to keep that colony running.
They also don't appear to have some form of food production or at least someone who concerns themselves about it.
Not to mention that many of the students don't seem to be doing anything at all.
All this factors combined only mean that things can only go wrong.

But well this is anime where physics and logics don't work at all.

Almost all those problems can be solved by using the money they received through the donations. Its just that the students can't do much at this point since the time interval between the dorssian's attacks were very short, Remember, all this probably happened within a week or two.
Jun 1, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2007
FiveOVER said:
Remember, all this probably happened within a week or two.

Less than that.

Its less than a day between Ep 7 and Ep8.
Jun 1, 2013 12:21 PM

Nov 2012
vampko said:
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

Agree, that's an interesting couple pairing
Jun 1, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
jose21 said:
vampko said:
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

no l elf x haruto qq
Jun 1, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2007
jose21 said:
vampko said:
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

This all depends on whether princess is alive right now.

If not, L-Elf x Shouko is also a possibility, due to similarities with the princess and possible tragic end of Shouko's death(which is 99% likely i'd say)
Jun 1, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2011
FiveOVER said:
Newmn84 said:
Yeeeaaaahhhhh, I've long since given up on the whack physics this anime is trying to employ. The whole thing with the ice freezing off the magnets more than likely wouldn't happen. It's more likely that the ice would chip off the magnets but I doubt that would happen as well, if those magnets were meant to capture mechs, I doubt they could be removed by ice shards if they can't be removed by simply lifting them off.

Have you considered the possibility that the boomerangs rely largely on mechanical force to stick on the mech by applying a squeezing force ( no other word comes to mind ) instead of just magnetic force? (which I believe is extremely small) Since freezing a material greatly decreases mallaebility, the material will fail to apply that pressure and will eventually peel off.

If its just pure magnetic force, the mech can just bend the material to move, since magnetic force acts surface to surface. If it bends and squeezes through applying a force however, it'll pin the mech's joints in place.

The place where aina died was not 0 g, it was low gravity. The blood will eventually settle on the ground.

Edit: or even better yet, the electronic components inside the boomerangs (they obviously need them for receiving signals and adjusting the forces) failed to work/ malfunctioned when the temperature dropped below their operational temperature range.
Well, considering that they said "magnetic attachment boomerangs" in the last episode, no lol. But that would be interesting. However, in the last episode, the boomerangs emitted some crazy electricity while revolving around the green Valvrave so it's likely it involves electromagnetism more than squeezing force. It could use a combination of both but I'm going to have to rely on the show for once and say that they rely mostly on a magnetic force.

Yeah, I already assumed the hangar area was low gravity. Stuff they said made sense.

Here's the thing about the boomerangs being affected by temperature: even if they were to be affected by the ice, I doubt it would be enough to actually do anything significant. The average temperature of space is a few notches above absolute zero, which would mean that the boomerangs would have to be designed to function properly around such a temperature. While in space, the boomerangs would constantly be radiating heat away from them, making them decrease in temperature at a constant rate (unless they have some kind of internal power source). The temperature of the water would drop dramatically due to the loss of pressure and lack of heat in the surrounding environment causing them to form ice crystals but I doubt it would be cold enough to make the boomerangs stop working if they were already designed to work in the cold of space. I mean, it's possible that the boomerangs got frozen off but I just don't think it's very probable.
Jun 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
How OP can a guy get in an anime......
Jun 1, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2012
Fai said:
jose21 said:
vampko said:
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

If not, L-Elf x Shouko is also a possibility, due to similarities with the princess and possible tragic end of Shouko's death(which is 99% likely i'd say)

If the princess isn't alive (pretty positive she is, but trapped in something or other), then I dunno. But Shouko's going with Akira! Shouko was the first to break Akira out of her shell. They were meant for each other~
But I'm pretty sure L-elf has hope left for him. I have a feeling that Dorsia commander guy has to do with L-elf wanting to betray Dorsia
Jun 1, 2013 5:33 PM

Apr 2009
vampko said:
Fai said:
jose21 said:
vampko said:
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

If the princess isn't alive (pretty positive she is, but trapped in something or other), then I dunno. But Shouko's going with Akira! Shouko was the first to break Akira out of her shell. They were meant for each other~
But I'm pretty sure L-elf has hope left for him. I have a feeling that Dorsia commander guy has to do with L-elf wanting to betray Dorsia

l elf x haruto sorry xd
Jun 1, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2012
L-Elf background is very interesting.. i want to know more.
Jun 1, 2013 11:46 PM

Feb 2013
Newmn84 said:

Here's the thing about the boomerangs being affected by temperature: even if they were to be affected by the ice, I doubt it would be enough to actually do anything significant. The average temperature of space is a few notches above absolute zero, which would mean that the boomerangs would have to be designed to function properly around such a temperature. While in space, the boomerangs would constantly be radiating heat away from them, making them decrease in temperature at a constant rate (unless they have some kind of internal power source). The temperature of the water would drop dramatically due to the loss of pressure and lack of heat in the surrounding environment causing them to form ice crystals but I doubt it would be cold enough to make the boomerangs stop working if they were already designed to work in the cold of space. I mean, it's possible that the boomerangs got frozen off but I just don't think it's very probable.

The boomerangs do require an internal power supply to adjust the power output and thus the strength of the electromagnet and also to produce heat to regulate the temperature. The ice shards usurped the heat quicker than it can recover, thus dropping the temperature below its operational range causing the device to malfunction.

Btw, even though space is nearly absolute zero, heat can only be loss through radiation. Heat loss by transferring through a medium(water) is much faster than simple radiation.

Anyway, lets just agree that its possible
FiveOVERJun 1, 2013 11:51 PM
Jun 2, 2013 1:01 AM

Feb 2012
L-elf carrying the show on his back. Despite everything I'm really enjoying the show now.
Jun 2, 2013 1:17 AM

Jul 2009
Even though I want to see Kyuuma as Valvrave pilot, I'm glad the story is better than 'Kyuuma steals yet another Valvrave and saves the day through rage'

Also KYAAAAAAAA~@little L-elf. So adorable.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jun 2, 2013 5:22 AM
Jan 2010
no one gives a fuck about the glasses girl
one episode of screentime won't be enough to make me mourn u dude
Jun 2, 2013 7:18 AM
Aug 2012
wailofthebanshee said:

Nobody cares about you either dude...........show your manliness(?) somewhere else. And for the records some people do like the glasses girl.

Jun 2, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2011
Slightly more interested in ERUERUFU now, even though I still don't care much for him.

Really excited to see the blue and yellow Valvraves in action next episode.

Question: Is Audrey stuck on Module 77 now with his crew? Are they going to use him as hostage or something?
[An incredibly creative signature]
Jun 2, 2013 9:30 AM
May 2013
Kennethgab said:
Did you seriously cry when she died? It can be compared to SAO where we knew a character for one or two episodes, she died and left behind a voicemail. They expect us to make a huge deal out of it with flashbacks and everything. Just like in Valvrave

>Being an unfeeling twat
Thanks I grew really emphatic around a generic glasses girl with 2-3 scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nms3eZGEb3w

was more angry at Okouchi Ichiro for being a sick fuck. You dont have make a huge damn deal and go to the verge of tears about her death. Just a simple "aww thats sad" is fine.
and your welcome ya narcissistic masochist

wailofthebanshee said:

Some people that arent homos actually do give a fuck. So STFU with the "me me me" attitude
Lets see if i can remember what ep she appears... She appears in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 6 i know with Saki start piloting VVV IV... last episode and this... glad you were paying attention you twat
and you have to mourn...
Jun 2, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2013
Exblaster said:
Kennethgab said:
Did you seriously cry when she died? It can be compared to SAO where we knew a character for one or two episodes, she died and left behind a voicemail. They expect us to make a huge deal out of it with flashbacks and everything. Just like in Valvrave

>Being an unfeeling twat
Thanks I grew really emphatic around a generic glasses girl with 2-3 scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nms3eZGEb3w

was more angry at Okouchi Ichiro for being a sick fuck. You dont have make a huge damn deal and go to the verge of tears about her death. Just a simple "aww thats sad" is fine.
and your welcome ya narcissistic masochist

wailofthebanshee said:

Some people that arent homos actually do give a fuck. So STFU with the "me me me" attitude
Lets see if i can remember what ep she appears... She appears in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 6 i know with Saki start piloting VVV IV... last episode and this... glad you were paying attention you twat
and you have to mourn...

Thanks for the compliment bro I wont touch your waifu with no plot interaction whatsoever.

Also I dont like to induct injuries on myself thank you, it's really irrelevant to not liking a character though.
Jun 2, 2013 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
vampko said:
Fai said:
jose21 said:
vampko said:
After this...
Saki x Haruto
L-elf x Princess girl
Shouko x Akira

The princess is still alive. You can see her sitting a room listening to the Dorssian emperor's speech in episode 5. So L-Elf X Princess is still possible.
Jun 3, 2013 3:24 AM

Mar 2013
I never mentioned how much I hate that little red-haired Dorssian psychopath. He's really obnoxious.

L-Elf's past. <3 More please.

I don't want Kyuuma to be a pilot... I really don't.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 3, 2013 3:28 AM

May 2013
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 3, 2013 5:18 AM

Aug 2008
I'm liking where this story is going. It's mixing a lot of elements together. Though Kyuuma's pitiful drive for revenge just screams death flag to me. I'm sure he'll get his Valvrave, but I'm not sure how effective he'll be. Even Saki is only marginally effective against Dorssia, who have to give credit to, despite the fact that they use psychotic murderous kids and teenagers for these operations.

Jun 3, 2013 6:34 AM

Mar 2011
no more boku ja nai :(

Jun 3, 2013 4:54 PM
Jan 2012
What is the name of that princess? If someone know it, please add her to the character list.

And well, it seems that Aki gets yet ANOTHER shot to voice a pink/purple-haired character. There's Chitose, Rin, Inga and this one.

Nikolai_ said:
I never mentioned how much I hate that little red-haired Dorssian psychopath. He's really obnoxious.

L-Elf's past. <3 More please.

That Q-Vier guy is quite a psycho, I agree. And he's voiced by Yuki Kaji, which gives him a more psychotic aura. Man, I got goosebumps when hearing his voice as Q4.
splitshockerJun 3, 2013 4:59 PM
Jun 3, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2012
splitshocker said:
What is the name of that princess? If someone know it, please add her to the character list.

I just finished submitting a character profile for her, now it just needs to get approved. I'm hoping that they put her character profile on the official Valvrave website so that we'd have a high quality and current picture of her.

I'm also hoping that both of the blue and yellow Valvraves will be revealed this coming episode. They've been repeating the "Dorssia attacks! They are defeated quickly and the day is saved by Haruto!" formula for a while now and I'm kind of getting tired of it. Although the insight on L-Elf's back story and other reveals have made up some of it, I want something new.
Jun 3, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
This show did it again.
Man, I'm so entertained every week since it started airing.

L-Elf is like god.
Jun 4, 2013 5:14 PM

Mar 2012
L-Elf is OP with what seems like the ability to predict the future xD I wonder how this will be explained.
Jun 4, 2013 7:51 PM
Mar 2013
the storyline isn't that great... space nazis, typical timid hero =.=

but i have to admit, I do enjoy watching this regardless =)
Jun 4, 2013 8:12 PM

Apr 2013
Nikolai_ said:

^...but if they give him some background I might change my mind. right now he's just not interesting enough.
Jun 5, 2013 4:35 AM
May 2012
PhoenixIce said:
I couldn't stop laughing how L-Elf just gets up from all those belts tying him down, freaking hilarious moment

Seriously, how the hell does that work?! Does he had a super strength ability?! *smh*
JafriZinJun 5, 2013 6:04 AM
Jun 5, 2013 6:37 AM

Feb 2013
JeffreyZin said:
PhoenixIce said:
I couldn't stop laughing how L-Elf just gets up from all those belts tying him down, freaking hilarious moment

Seriously, how the hell does that work?! Does he had a super strength ability?! *smh*

He probably already predicted that he might be tied up using the buckles and meddled with it before hand.
Jun 9, 2013 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
So when will L-Elf break the contract is the question.
Jun 14, 2013 4:59 AM

Jul 2010
Hmm, who will be the blue Valvrave next episode?

Jun 16, 2013 8:03 AM
May 2012
haruto x l-elf , kyaaaaaaaa
Jun 20, 2013 9:14 AM

Feb 2010
That inspiration speech could have only said by the "genius" Hartuo. I srsly couldn't keep a straight face listening to him when he told L-elf "Coffee tastes good when you put sugar in it. If I combine it with your bitterness, we'll get just the right flavor"

Beautiful. So motivational...they definitely ran out of inspirational things to say. xD
Jun 20, 2013 11:20 PM

Jan 2010
EarlCiel said:
That inspiration speech could have only said by the "genius" Hartuo. I srsly couldn't keep a straight face listening to him when he told L-elf "Coffee tastes good when you put sugar in it. If I combine it with your bitterness, we'll get just the right flavor"

Beautiful. So motivational...they definitely ran out of inspirational things to say. xD

Watching that scene again, I actually found that speech kinda ingenious. It actually made some sense, even if it was really stupid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2009
L-Elf is so awesome!! I want to know him more.. I want to see more of him.. his past...
Omg!!! L-Elf for the win!!!~ ^^
Jul 7, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2011
Noooooo Aina. Now Ovan's mad. :(

I didn't notice that the opening has the Tri-Edge mark-thingy in it. It's hard to catch a screenshot of it, though. This is the best I can do:

Not like the best moments of Valvrave compare to .hack's worsts or anything.

I do find L-elf's Mary Sue skills to be slightly amusing from time to time. He's basically any protagonist in an easy game. I just think of all the times early on in Mass Effect 2 that my Shepard kills everyone in the room with nothing but her melee even in Insanity mode. I laugh the ENTIRE time.<3 L-elf does that IRL with a straight face. :\ Even so, I despise him as a character and don't care about his pink-haired gf-thing.

Question - Are hairpins or whatever L-elf's pink-haired gf-thing uses in her hair seriously that sharp? Can you seriously use knives in your hair safely and not fear bumping into something and dying? If they fall out of your hair, do you lose your foot? :s Or is Valvrave just over-exaggerating?

Boy, for getting shot in the eye, A-drei's face looks great! The little scar even looks cosmetic. I mean, for it to be that shape, he has to put on a thick covering of foundation then draw a nice scar on with eyeliner, right? Girls find scars attractive, don't they?
Aug 10, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2012
Decent episode we finally know why he hates the term splitting in half that much... the flashback was nice as well it seems that girl on that photo is someone from royal class or similar?
Nov 5, 2013 11:26 PM

Jun 2011
Amarrez said:
MARK OF CAIN SON

BIBLICAL SPACE VAMPIRES PLOTTING MULTIPLE COMPETING COUP D'ETATS THROUGH THE USE OF SEPPUKU COMMITTING MECHS THAT SEEM TO RUN ON NVIDIA AND ARE PILOTED BY VAMPIRIC IMMORTAL TEENAGERS WITH GOD COMPLEXES WHO ARE GUIDED BY THE GHOSTS OF FRIENDS KILLED BY SPACE NAZIS

Possibly the best summary of this show. Thanks for the laugh.
Jan 6, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
The part with the girl's glasses reminded me of Gintama. That's what they would do if Shinpachi died. However, such behavior does not belong in this anime.
Jan 6, 2014 7:35 PM

Mar 2012
Decent I guess, going to assume the now giant hole that Haruto created was creased over by the water forming into ice...otherwise...sorry...I forgot logic doesn't exist with this one :|

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 19, 2014 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
Another decent episode, shooting the module was a good idea and I liked seeing L-Elf's past a bit. That coffee analogy though...holy god, I felt like Shoko when he said that. "I said that I promised I wouldn't laugh this hard at another Kakumeiki Valvrave episode!"
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.