Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That whip :o

Much more relaxing episode this week than compared to the last imo. Yum, those desserts on the menu:

Hoping for more mecha action next week.
May 30, 2013 8:35 AM

Jun 2012
I liked the character drama between Team Rabbits this week! Tamaki was noticeably more annoying than usual though because I was enjoying the character interactions between everyone on Team Rabbits only for Tamaki to say something retarded and irrelevant cutting the atmosphere.

Do I smell a love triangle between Asagi, Kei, and Izuru? Kei since the beginning of the series has always had a closer relationship with Asagi but from Kei's PoV I think it's platonic. Her words of encouragement though might seem otherwise for Asagi.... We know though who Kei truly has romantic feelings for. The scene by the fountain I especially enjoyed when the fountain changed colors to match the mood

I wasn't expecting to learn the origins of the mystery lady from Izuru's past already. When Izuru lost her at the fountain I thought we weren't going to see her for a while so seeing the two of them meet at the end of the episode was surprising.

Other Thoughts
- That little girl was really cute with the huge suit of armor berating Asagi. Normally I'd find her annoying but her tsundere here worked for me
- Oh my god, Rin-Rin with a whip was easily the highlight of the episode : P (I might become an M for her ) I really need to stop being a seiyuu whore but Miyuki Sawashiro's voice is just too sexy
HybridMBLMay 30, 2013 11:47 AM
May 30, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2010
boring as fuck. 9 episodes and show isnt getting anywhere.

2/5
May 30, 2013 9:13 AM
Aug 2012
Kerozinn said:

2/5

You must be blind.............did you watch the last few episodes? Then again why are you still here if it looks like "the show isn't getting anywhere" to you? Stop whining and move on to another show. Dumb haters..............seriously!!!

May 30, 2013 10:20 AM

Aug 2011
Actually quite a developement..

After searching for a while i found out that...

May 30, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
I don't know why but I felt this episode was a bit of step backwards in the series progress. Nothing of real importance was done in this episode except confirm what many of the audience had already guessed, and to try to give some drama that this show really isn't suited for.

Basically this is the aftermath episode of last week's battle, where after Prince Jiart left Izuru floating high and dry, the Wulgaru retreat despite the fact that they were on the cusp of winning. It is a Pyrrhic victory for the Earth Forces as they end up "winning" but at a great price, losing many soldiers and 40% of their armed forces. The Fail 5 are all trying to process this as their forces were the only ones to have done any damage and therefore the only one to come out of the battle relatively unscathed. The receive both acclaim and censure on their return (some unfairly as in Asagi's case) and have mixed reactions to the battle's conclusion.

In Izuru's case, he is stunned by the identity of his enemy and how it is similar to that of the girl he met a few episodes prior. And that's when this show wants to try to give us some drama by hinting at a conspiracy within the MJP and them showing that they know more about the Wulgaru than they were letting on. The forbid Izuru from revealing anything of his encounter but also refuse to answer his questions. This turns Izuru into your stereotypical emo lead which I have to say he is ill-suited for. The change is so drastic within him from his usual jovial, happy-go-lucky self that it's quite jarring. He has to keep secrets from his friends and is also feeling lost because of the army's secrets and he becomes despondent and distant from everyone and everything around him.

We learn that the army, or at least the MJP, have known about the Wulgaru the whole time, but for some reason have been keeping it a secret. Theoria, our "Lacus" for this show and her servant, are Wulgaru defectors and have not only given the Wulgaru's plans to the Earth Forces but also the beginning designs for the new updated units that the Fail 5 pilot. She also seems to be connected to Izuru's past despite his lost memory, that along with two of them being together in the OP, pretty much seals them as being romantic interests. This is unfortunate for Kei, whose jealousy showed up in the episode. However they also include a nice scene with her and Asagi, so there might be hope for her in the love department.

Needless to say, the show dropped the whole conspiracy act thankfully, as I said earlier that this show doesn't do well with that type of drama. The reveal to the rest of Team Rabbits as well as Izuru about the Wulgaru and Theoria and she will be explaining the situation in more detail next episode. So it looks as if Izuru will no longer be emo next episode, which is a good thing.

Next week looks like some training for the team, Theoria explaining the situation, and more of the Wulgaru who I have to say, are actually the best part of the show thus far. I wonder why Theoria defected and I hope it will be a deeper reason than just because, "What we're doing is wrong". She comes from a civilization where what their doing isn't morally wrong and is expected, why the different mindset? Or am just expecting this show to go deeper than it is able to? I want Theoria to be more than just a Lacus clone, but from what I've seen so far, I doubt if that will be possible.

Oh well, we'll see as the show continues, were it goes from here.

I give this episode a 7/10. It was okay, but didn't do much for me.
May 30, 2013 11:23 AM

Jul 2012
Slow episode but really enjoyed it.
Izuru seems to have some relation with Wulgaru or is a Wulgaru.
The only thing that slightly irritated me this episode is that Asagi didn't get any credit or praise for the amazing leadership he showed last episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 30, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
Nice episode. Slow but OK.
I guess next episode will see some revelation
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 30, 2013 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
Series got better.

Btw I couldn't help but notice

May 30, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2013
I am sensing jealousy from Kei.
May 30, 2013 12:08 PM
Oct 2011
A step down from last week's full packed action episode, which I enjoyed. Though, at least there are several factors to think about.

Also they also focused on potential romances this episode too, didn't they? I don't particularly hate Theoria chick but I do hate that she reminds me of Lacus, who I don't like at all. Hopefully that'll change since she's obviously important.
May 30, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
That moment when Izuru got completely flipped though haha
May 30, 2013 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
So this is gonna be a love square?

Asagi>Kei>Izuru>White Hair Girl.

Poor Kei...lol'd at her pouting XD Cute.
Also Asagi punching himself for being stupid and mentioning Izuru XD

Well at least glad that they're not gonna keep it a secret from team Rabbit. It would've lead to unnecessary drama.
May 30, 2013 2:28 PM
Jul 2012
Hmm, slower episode compared to last week, though that isn't much of a surprise after the big battle. Perhaps too slow in some respects, though overall I'd say I liked it.

Seeing Izuru like this was rather odd all things considered, though I suppose knowing what he knew combined with the fact that he couldn't talk about it with anyone including his team could serve to cause a bit of depression. The fact he can recall Theoria despite not remembering anything else also seems to be a weight on his mind.

That said, I'm glad they decided to go ahead and actually tell them some of the info they had, though of course there is still some being held back I suspect in the end.

One thing I'm unclear on is how old exactly is Theoria? Do the Wulgraru age differently then regular humans? Or is her coming a recent matter? I'm a little fuzzy on the timeline here.

One thing they mentioned again this week was the possibility of mass produced AHSMB units, which I'm rather curious about in terms of how effective they would be. Would it be like Gundam perhaps where the original models were super prototypes with the mass produced ones being inferior in some respects including the pilots?

They seemed to be teasing the romance a bit more this episode. Kei of course likes Izuru, who doesn't seem to like anyone quite yet though one could guess it may be Theoria depending on their past relationship. Asagi shows more signs of liking Kei as well. All in all, this seems rife for drama to mess with the team. Oddly, the dynamics remind me of Heroic Age for some reason.

And Tamaki continues to be the most irritating. I don't get her character exactly. Is this a popular type?
May 30, 2013 2:47 PM

Feb 2008
pretty sure they were spliced using alien and human DNA. Kugi pretty much recognized her as a rival...with a certain level of contempt. it will be interesting to see the climax of this rather basic story.
May 30, 2013 2:49 PM

Jan 2009
Barion-Zara said:
So this is gonna be a love square?
Asagi>Kei>Izuru>White Hair Girl.

Slower burning episode but added some meat / revelations to plot as I was wondering how team rabbit and co could compete evenly.

I don't really see team rabbit as emotional druggies though - the enemy do it for the thrill of the hunt, etc
May 30, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2010
I am rooting for KEI X IZURU.
Yes, it does reminds me of Heroic Age
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
Matheine said:
I am rooting for KEI X IZURU.

nah it will end up with
Izuru X Walgaru girl
Asagi X Kei
big boobs girl X nerdy glasses boy

but this episode is mainly about romance undertones
May 30, 2013 4:10 PM
Oct 2010
whys kei got that stink eye D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 30, 2013 4:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Someone kill Tamaki, please. She annoys the hell out of me. A lot of drama in this episode, and it sucks that Asagi (idk about the others?) feels bad for not leading better so that they would have less casualties, because it looked like the fleet didn't do shit during the battle in the last episode. Maybe they did help a little, but it seems like without the Team Rabbits and that other team that starts with a D, Earth would not have won anyways. Poor Asagi, I thought he did a great job as a leader.
May 30, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Series got better.

lol. you don't mean to tell me you JUST noticed?

May 30, 2013 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
Calming episode. It's to be expected after the last one. Not bad.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 30, 2013 6:32 PM

Dec 2012
tingy said:
Someone kill Tamaki, please. She annoys the hell out of me.

This. A thousand times this. She's not even funny, just stupid.

Definitely a much slower episode this time around, but at least the tension remains high.
May 30, 2013 6:46 PM
May 2013
Does anybody else sense the romance with Kei and Izuru? I wonder how that will turn out with the white haried girl now involved. Unless she's a long forgotten sister, there will likely be a love triangle. Personally i'm already rooting for Kei
May 30, 2013 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Not a bad episode
May 30, 2013 9:40 PM

Mar 2013
Izuru harem operations are a go
May 30, 2013 9:44 PM
Aug 2012
Takei_Hisa said:
UnbornMVs said:
Series got better.

lol. you don't mean to tell me you JUST noticed?

Well she only developed in that department..........what can you do? This is just one of those characters that annoys the hell out of you.

May 31, 2013 12:47 AM

Dec 2011
Gahh to many Kei's awesome moments in this episode, the pouting face is too damn cute XD

I really hope Kei will end up with Izuru.... although I knnow the white haired girl is the one who's gonna win....
May 31, 2013 1:43 AM

Sep 2012
So it is just like Space Battleship Yamato - you have a person betraying her own kind and leaked the technology to Earth to stop her own kind invading Earth, and Earth developed on the alien technology to make its own super-powerful machine that far surpasses other weapons they can make so far. Well, at least they did not drag on the "secret" too long and actually revealed it all to Team Rabbit within the same episode. It is hard to see Izuru to stay glum and down-spirited for long.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 31, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Not at the top but a good bet, to show the internal dynamics of the group and to find out any news on what the team riders rabbit hide. The pathos inevitably coves, but the hay was going to happen, maybe we wanted a more exciting atmosphere. Not bad to see the end Theoria before Izuru, Kei who loves Izuru? It would be nice to see couples KeiXIzuru, AsagiXAmane and TamakiXJiato! What fun it would be!
May 31, 2013 10:15 AM

Feb 2009
What was the point of that part in the park with Lacusthe white haired girl running away and Izuru getting flipped over if they were to meet up again later on in a meeting? I suppose it's to somehow set up this romance conflict with Kei and Izuru but they could have done better with that. Oh well.

Slow post-battle episode but had some significant revelations so it's not that bad of an episode.
May 31, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
What was the point of that part in the park with Lacusthe white haired girl running away and Izuru getting flipped over if they were to meet up again later on in a meeting? I suppose it's to somehow set up this romance conflict with Kei and Izuru but they could have done better with that. Oh well.
Not just that IMO. I think it is also to highlight the white-haired girl having some interest to Izuru (not clear in what way though). Izuru wondered why she is there. And earlier the girl mentioned something about she remembers Izuru well even though he forgets about her. I see it is not just a set up for Kei and Izuru but also between the girl and Izuru as well. Which is why the three have to be at the same place at the same time.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 31, 2013 11:17 AM

Feb 2009
^Yes but I just found it weird that she ran away from him when they were gonna meet up again later on. The bodyguard even said to not show herself to him and yet they met for the briefing at the end, thus making that meeting in the park a bit useless except for setting up the relations conflict between the 3. Which is why I said they could have done better setting that up instead of Izuru getting flipped hilariously for chasing the girl and Kei getting some misunderstanding regarding all of this.
May 31, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
^ As you said, the flipping is hilarious. I kind of expected him to be flipped because I am sure he would bump into the bodyguard first after seeing her run round the corner X-D At least I got a bit of amusement there, so I guess it was good enough for me lol

May 31, 2013 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
Good episode!!!

It was not surprising that Team Rabbits knew that they were actually defeated by Wulgaru and couldn't really accept the win gracefully. The mecha teams did their best by supporting them. I liked the scene in the canteen where Kei instantly replied with the space-sized star rose parfait but it certainly does look delicious. Theoria makes another appearance to Izuru and is Kei getting jealous of him chasing her instead of talking to each other but that flip by Theoria's bodyguard was well timed. Seems like more about the AHSMBs are revealed as their technology is actually from the data obtained from one of the leaked information parts. Team Rabbits is about to learn some very important parts about their units as well as the Wulgaru so this will be quite interesting to look forward to and I wonder why Theoria defected in the first place and what is her connection to Izuru!?

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

May 31, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2011
Very calm episode after that battle. Conspiracy, secrets, lies, and love triangles.

So their mech suits are the same as Wulgaru. Theoria has defected them and told the people of Earth their secrets. Interesting.

I believe Izuru is part Wulgaru. Also Theoria might be his sister or love interest.
AnimeFan500May 31, 2013 3:04 PM
May 31, 2013 4:09 PM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
^Yes but I just found it weird that she ran away from him when they were gonna meet up again later on. The bodyguard even said to not show herself to him and yet they met for the briefing at the end, thus making that meeting in the park a bit useless except for setting up the relations conflict between the 3. Which is why I said they could have done better setting that up instead of Izuru getting flipped hilariously for chasing the girl and Kei getting some misunderstanding regarding all of this.

Maybe at the time that happen Commander Simon had yet to approve about their meeting. Damn, this show doesn't deserved 6 score..
Claude_KennyMay 31, 2013 4:12 PM
Keep moving forward
Jun 1, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2011
Blame the low score on a rather lacklustre start. It seems to have found its footing a bit more over the last couple of episodes. I still haven't warmed up to Izuru but I find Kei and Asagi relatively interesting. And then there are the two horndog comic relief characters....

I think a 6 is probably too low for this one. It's not great, and it doesn't meet the expectations that a lot of mecha fans seemed to have for it, but it should end up with a score around 7.5 when the folks who watch the whole series and hold their ratings till the end weigh in. The people who hated what they saw have already dumped and run. If you miss them you can probably read their comments over on Valvrave or Gargantia where they are still expressing their disappointment with those series.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 1, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
rodac said:
It's not great, and it doesn't meet the expectations that a lot of mecha fans seemed to have for it
Interestingly the mecha fans (at least those in Japan) now increasingly agree that among the three mecha shows this season this show comes closest to meet their requirement of what a mecha show should be list ;-)

Jun 1, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2008
I really want Izuru and Kei to end up together, but I'm thinking the white haired girl will mess that all up won't she.....
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 2, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
Oh the jealousy Kei...

Anyway, as expected, AHSMB was stealing from Wulgaru by HER. Now the question is what is her intention for being here(I hope it is not for just being here to make Kei getting jealous :D)

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 2, 2013 6:52 PM
Aug 2012
SephiriAzure said:
I really want Izuru and Kei to end up together, but I'm thinking the white haired girl will mess that all up won't she.....

*point at kira , athrun and lacus*
Jun 3, 2013 12:57 AM

Feb 2012
I know that feeling. Feeling like you lost even though you technically won. Good episode.
Jun 3, 2013 1:47 AM

Sep 2012
VictorVonDoom said:
I know that feeling. Feeling like you lost even though you technically won.
Pyrrhic victory, that is.

Jun 3, 2013 7:09 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
rodac said:
It's not great, and it doesn't meet the expectations that a lot of mecha fans seemed to have for it
Interestingly the mecha fans (at least those in Japan) now increasingly agree that among the three mecha shows this season this show comes closest to meet their requirement of what a mecha show should be list ;-)

That's good to know. I personally enjoy Valvrave more, but I value MP more as a mecha series. In fact, it's even because of this show that I've come to better terms with my enjoyment for mecha anime and makes me want to watch even more from the genre (I feel like I really need to start Gundam too, lol).
Jun 5, 2013 4:30 PM
Mar 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Kerozinn said:

2/5

You must be blind.............did you watch the last few episodes? Then again why are you still here if it looks like "the show isn't getting anywhere" to you? Stop whining and move on to another show. Dumb haters..............seriously!!!
agree with you
Jun 7, 2013 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
I'm in a minority here but I I'm kinda rooting for Kei and Asagi. ^^
Jun 8, 2013 1:32 AM

Jul 2008
Why do I get the funny feeling that Team Rabbits is the only group that had their memories wiped. I get the funny feeling that they are all Wulguru.
Jul 17, 2013 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
lol @ 18:50 - 19.

Makin a gif for that/ done.
unknownprodigyJul 18, 2013 6:56 AM
Jul 22, 2013 1:07 AM
Jul 2012
Izuru x Kei
Tamaki x Suruga
Asagi x The girl from his pit crew
Theoria dies. xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.