Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2013 6:52 AM

Mar 2012
The endings are usually brutally bad IMO. Worst ones are series that don't finish ie Hitman, ippo, D-grey man ( which was biggest let down in anime history). I don't read manga so it's a drag. Opinions?
Common Sense Is Not So Common.

Message me for reccomendations or just to talk anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 28, 2013 6:53 AM

Mar 2011
Ending during the middle of the story is hardly unique to anime.
May 28, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2011
Calling anime animes when anime is the prural

Open ending
May 28, 2013 7:10 AM

Nov 2010
I thought Ippo's was a good ending. D Gray Man on the other hand wasn't that good, ended right when the story and powers were getting interesting.

It happens when you're adapting from a manga. It's best to check a review or ask someone who's watched the anime before. Most of the anime on the front page of the top list have closed endings. And original story anime most of the time have a closed ending.
May 28, 2013 7:11 AM

May 2013
Characters with terrible attitudes (crybaby, whiny, arrogant, bully)

Excessive usage of fanservice (nudity, sex)

Boring plot and terrible ending (confusing, contradicting to anime)
May 28, 2013 7:14 AM

Mar 2012
I didn't like ippos because Ippo wasn't even in the final fight. D-grey mans was just terrible. Bleach up there as well but I'm assuming they will finish it when manga ends.

May 28, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
Tmactown01 said:
I didn't like ippos because Ippo wasn't even in the final fight. D-grey mans was just terrible. Bleach up there as well but I'm assuming they will finish it when manga ends.
Oh you're talking about New Challenger. It ended with him training hardly, that's a good ending and I'm expecting a sequel so it's ok.
May 28, 2013 7:33 AM

May 2013
Gonna have to agree with the bad endings thing. One of the more recent ones for me was Dragon Crisis, in which the ending was "MASSIVE HEART ATTACK!". I mean I was all for the love engage, but they could have had a least a little bit of an actual fight scene -.-
May 28, 2013 7:35 AM

Nov 2010
Dark_Chaos said:
Gonna have to agree with the bad endings thing. One of the more recent ones for me was Dragon Crisis, in which the ending was "MASSIVE HEART ATTACK!". I mean I was all for the love engage, but they could have had a least a little bit of an actual fight scene -.-
Here's something to remember forever. Never expect a good ending for a 13 episode ecchi harem.
May 28, 2013 7:41 AM

May 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Here's something to remember forever. Never expect a good ending for a 13 episode ecchi harem.

True, but I don't remember Dragon Crisis having much echhi to be honest. I only remember Rose being naked in the first ep and the beach episode :/

And although in pretty much almost all harems, the main pair almost never get together, none particularly stand out in my mind as bad, or at least not as bad as "MASSIVE HEART ATTACK!" :S
May 28, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2008
Rather than bad endings, I think people just set their standards too high. I mean there are so much bad endings that they should be 'normal'.

Opening endings for long going series I wouldn't really count unless it's an original ending. It might be an 'anime ending' but it's not the end.
May 28, 2013 7:55 AM

May 2013
I find the best Anime are the shortest ones. That's one thing I hate, not the ending, but when they end.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 28, 2013 8:16 AM

Dec 2007
pralan said:
What I can here to say.

OnT: Unnecessary fanservice and gore (looking at you, Another. That anime is horrible.)
May 28, 2013 8:23 AM

Aug 2012
paper-dreams said:
pralan said:
What I can here to say.

OnT: Unnecessary fanservice and gore (looking at you, Another. That anime is horrible.)

Dammit, I was going to say that -_-

OnTopic:
The worst thing about anime is not with the anime itself, but on the diehard fanboys/haters. I'm not condemning them or anything (I myself is one so...) but some just take it to new extremes.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
May 28, 2013 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
You should read manga. I swear if I had watched Berserk and had the anime left off at the Eclipse, I'd have torn my fucking face off from the anger, frustration and the feeling of being cheated by the most what-the-fuck ending there ever was.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

May 28, 2013 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
i could never get into manga. I tried with Ippo but it wasnt the same..

May 28, 2013 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
Holybaptiser said:
You should read manga. I swear if I had watched Berserk and had the anime left off at the Eclipse, I'd have torn my fucking face off from the anger, frustration and the feeling of being cheated by the most what-the-fuck ending there ever was.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually really liked the ending to Berserk. In fact, for quite a while I didn't want to read the manga for fear of being let down by what comes after. Well, I wasn't.... but I still liked the part where it ended. Not that I can blame people for getting pissed off about the TV series' ending though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 28, 2013 9:37 AM
Feb 2013
pralan said:

Open ending

nuff said'
May 28, 2013 9:43 AM
Oct 2011
Tmactown01 said:
i could never get into manga. I tried with Ippo but it wasnt the same..
Ippo's manga is not a good start if you want to get into manga.

I think it's better if you read some series you already like as an anime (other than Ippo, its manga is lifeless compared to the anime) and want to know what happen next, like for example you can try Bleach's manga (start from 480). Or you can try reading Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (it'd be better if you started from the beginning, but if you don't want start from chapter 76 or 77)

And as HolyBaptiser said, you should try and get into reading manga, you're missing a lot of great series.
Candor123May 28, 2013 9:47 AM
May 28, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Noticing one your favorite manga has blood and gore, but the anime just have scratches and bruises

toriko
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
May 28, 2013 9:47 AM

May 2013
SOExclusive said:
Noticing one your favorite manga has blood and gore, but the anime just have scratches and bruises

toriko
Part of the reason I dislike the Naruto Anime but it seemed to have a lot more after the time skip.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 28, 2013 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
Diran-kun said:
SOExclusive said:

toriko
Part of the reason I dislike the Naruto Anime but it seemed to have a lot more after the time skip.

yea thats what made me start watching it again
May 28, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2013
SOExclusive said:
Diran-kun said:
SOExclusive said:

toriko

yea thats what made me start watching it again
I still prefer the Manga. However, Naruto has some of the best OSTs I have ever heard.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
May 28, 2013 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
I would only read a manga that I'm confident isn't getting made into more anime. I was thinking maybe claymore I heard that was good or history's strongest deciple keichi.

May 28, 2013 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
One of the worst, at least for me, is that some stories are dragged out with no purpose but to have more episodes.
Then again, most of the anime I watch are 12-13 episodes, so I usually don't run into this problem that often.
But when I do, I get kind of frustrated.

Speedhoven said:
So many cliches used over, over, over and over again...
Often very poor stories, or poor execution.
Bad endings
Poor dialouges.

I also agree with this.
May 28, 2013 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
One of my biggest pet peeves is when shows typically 12-13 episodes ones have a minor problem solve it get all happy get together take a picture and the camera drifts off into the sky...like c'mon now come up with ANYTHING else that's been done 50000 times.

May 28, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
Tmactown01 said:
One of my biggest pet peeves is when shows typically 12-13 episodes ones have a minor problem solve it get all happy get together take a picture and the camera drifts off into the sky...like c'mon now come up with ANYTHING else that's been done 50000 times.

That's typical in everything
May 28, 2013 10:20 AM
Feb 2013
Fanservice-It shifts the entire plot of the story. It gets annoying especially when the previous story ends on a cliffhanger. (Accel World shifted it's cliffhanger just for 2 episodes of fanservice)

Arcs that drag on too long-It gets too boring as each episode pass. (Reborn, an arc that lasts for ~120 episodes gets really annoying)

Yelling during battles-I get that it can express your emotions, but I'm beginning to see yelling as the ability to increase your power.

Merciful characters-After causing so much destruction an dsometimes death, I get really annoyed when the main character forgives the enemy only to get backstabbed by the same guy he forgave.
LordFishKingMay 28, 2013 10:27 AM
May 28, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
LordFishKing said:
Fanservice-It shifts the entire plot of the story. It gets annoying especially when the previous story ends on a cliffhanger. (Accel World shifted it's cliffhanger just for 2 episodes of fanservice)

Arcs that drag on too long-It gets too boring as each episode pass. (Reborn, an arc that lasts for ~120 episodes gets really annoying)

Yelling during battles-I get that it can express your emotions, but I'm beginning to see yelling as the ability to increase your power.

May 28, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2013
Pathetic MCs

Bad ending (in a manga it happens a lot more because most of them get axed)

Cheesy/overused dialogue or action (best recent example is Kakumei Valvrave)
May 28, 2013 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
Opening endings without a second season.
May 28, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
IntervisioN said:
Opening endings without a second season.

I really hate that.
May 28, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2013
Shrabster said:
Everything, especially the fanbase.

Ya know you're kinda calling yourself trash too ya know. It's ok if you mean the extremists, but it sounds like you mean the ENTIRE fanbase :/

Hell, if you're gonna say everything is bad, why are you even here? 0_0

Clarify yourself perhaps?
May 28, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2012
Shingeki no Kyojin is really good. I was dissapointed with most animes this season and last season really but that is the bright spot.

May 28, 2013 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
Most male anime fans. Irks
Dumb and impulsive characters.
Unrealistic development!!!
Wasting episodes for the sake of bullshit (hi, Suisei no Gargantia)

About manga adaptations: I think original anime ending sucks, but an open ending is not that bad. Of course I'd like more episodes, but yeah, I don't actively dislike it.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
May 28, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
Gon_Killua said:
Shingeki no Kyojin is really good. I was dissapointed with most animes this season and last season really but that is the bright spot.

Personally, this season has been one of the best in awhile...

Shingeki no Kyojin is obviously on top...

There's also Railgun S, Hataraku Maou-sama, and Hentai Ouji.

All very good.
May 28, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
I like Mushibugyou as well but new Hayate is awful and Kareval was a huge let down. As long as Hunter x Hunter keeps going im happy.

May 28, 2013 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
Shrabster said:

Ya know you're kinda calling yourself trash too ya know. It's ok if you mean the extremists, but it sounds like you mean the ENTIRE fanbase :/

Joking, mostly.

May 28, 2013 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
JustALEX said:
Gon_Killua said:

Personally, this season has been one of the best in awhile...

Shingeki no Kyojin is obviously on top...

There's also Railgun S, Hataraku Maou-sama, and Hentai Ouji.

All very good.

Talking about annoying lolis.
May 28, 2013 1:25 PM

May 2013
ak47 said:
Most male anime fans. Irks
Dumb and impulsive characters.
Unrealistic development!!!
Wasting episodes for the sake of bullshit (hi, Suisei no Gargantia)

About manga adaptations: I think original anime ending sucks, but an open ending is not that bad. Of course I'd like more episodes, but yeah, I don't actively dislike it.

Possibly because you know no females? No females that are anime/manga fans I mean of course. I know a few annoying ones myself.

Shrabster said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Shrabster said:

Joking, mostly.

I see. My apologies. Jokes and sarcasm and the like are not translated well over text, as I'm sure you are aware :/
May 28, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
I'm just going to agree with the whole they often have crappy endings thing

other than that, even if I read manga more frequently I wouldn't be one of those people who hates a series because it doesn't follow the original plot 100%

or one of those people who hates a whole series just because they don't like one of the characters or some crap like that
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
May 28, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
qb_cakes said:
Ridiculous and gigantic breasts.

Oh yeah.. I forgot about that one..or maybe I just didn't want to thin about it

It works sometimes but..eh also hate unnecessary censorship (hopefully people get the "unnecessary" part as I don't want to explain it)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
May 28, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2013
ak47 said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Possibly because you know no females? No females that are anime/manga fans I mean of course. I know a few annoying ones myself.

I do know female anime fans, but I'm not talking about "real life people" anyway. Female fans are very annoying, I'll give you that lmao. But better annoying than sexist nerds (I'm saying that in a kind of derogatory way, yes. Perhaps not the best way to phrase it).
Not directed to you specifically, so no offense.

Oh, fair enough :) Even so, only mentioning Male made it sound sexist. Not saying you are, I just think you should be a bit more careful next time so that people like me won't misunderstand :/
May 28, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
Guys over-the-top-perverted-emotional-reactions to sexual innuendos and teasing. Most guys aren't that pathetically dog-like in real life..
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 28, 2013 2:44 PM
Apr 2013
They have to end :'(
May 28, 2013 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
Ghostony said:
Guys over-the-top-perverted-emotional-reactions to sexual innuendos and teasing. Most guys aren't that pathetically dog-like in real life..
this.. I'll use Hentai Ouji as an example.. the dude is the biggest pervert in the anime, he peeks on girls and everything, but when a beautiful women (the older sister) goes on top of him and makes him touch her boobs he freaks out and almost cries.. <- pathetic.
May 28, 2013 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
Gon_Killua said:
The endings are usually brutally bad IMO. Worst ones are series that don't finish ie Hitman, ippo, D-grey man ( which was biggest let down in anime history). I don't read manga so it's a drag. Opinions?

Kamisama Dolls had the worst end...they ended right after starting the next arc.

But that's why I usually dislike anime based on manga (and manga as well). Most manga just never end; and the anime just ends somewhere halfway
May 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Apr 2013
ColinBanks96 said:

Isn't that the best part, so they don't turn into slice of life.
May 28, 2013 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
SlothNamakemono said:
ColinBanks96 said:

Isn't that the best part, so they don't turn into slice of life.

Or "After Stories"....

Sorry, but I don't want to know what "happens next" sometimes.
May 29, 2013 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Worst thing about animes.

Their fandoms.
Salmon is delicious.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
5 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

36 by KenaiPhoenix »»
14 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

37 by ChrisBlitz »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

93 by PostMahouShoujo »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.