Forum Settings
Forums

Movie for TV Anime 'K' Due in 2014 [Update 12/11]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 2, 2013 5:06 PM

Feb 2010
fable said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
So is this going to be the second season now or a recap or what? I don't want to scroll through all the 'discussions' about undertones and whatnot to find that out in case it is already said somewhere in this thread.

The movie might be the sequel promised instead of the season two. Beyond that, no info is known.

So it could also be a recap movie and we'd still get a second season? Though I guess the other version is more likely, but with people treating it like a fact I thought it was already official.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 2, 2013 5:10 PM
Oct 2012
who else preferred a second season? and WTF 2014!
Jun 2, 2013 11:04 PM

Aug 2009
StrawHat_ said:
-Aku said:
not only this garbage is getting a second season, but also a movie? wow. Japan never ceases to surprise me.

Quite surprised at it myself too. Hopefully the second season, and the movie, will be better.
I kinda doubt that.......
Jun 14, 2013 9:06 AM
May 2012
Ok... I'm in this shit only for the remaining Kings. Shiro should just keep dead.
Jun 15, 2013 7:26 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
-Aku said:
not only this garbage is getting a second season, but also a movie? wow. Japan never ceases to surprise me.

To all people that came here solely to whine and bitch:

If you don't like it, why do you come here to post in the thread about it? You're just increasing thread activity and making people post more, thus increasing attention to the thing you so 'despise' and helping to increase the popularity.

Jun 15, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
I'm waiting for a new season, but a movie is good news
this anime is so cool
Jun 15, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2012
I think making it a movie was the right choice, the TV series should have been a movie too, in definitely felt like an unedited movie.
Jun 15, 2013 6:10 PM
Feb 2013
Nice news. The first season wasn't great, though it was entertaining. Though hopefully the movie will improve on the mistakes of the first season.
Jun 15, 2013 9:06 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Keri said:
Nice news. The first season wasn't great, though it was entertaining. Though hopefully the movie will improve on the mistakes of the first season.

I think perhaps it would've done better as a movie in the first place, but, I still liked it.

Jul 13, 2013 1:35 AM
Jul 2013
Wow. I am so dissapointed by everyone's reactions. Nobody likes this series? Why? I watched a few episodes not expecting much, but it quickly became one of my favourite series for having great character development and characters in this show, like Shiro, and the plot was interesting too.

I thought it seemed quite different from most shows I had watched, and enjoyed that. It might be disappointing to get a movie over a second season, but it could be good and if this series is selling well than I believe there is a good chance for a season 2 after that.

While most of you guys have fun complaining about how much this series suck, I will enjoy watching this movie when it comes out while waiting for Evangelion 4.0. Is anyone at lest excited for that movie?
Jul 13, 2013 4:32 AM
Jan 2012
mattasaurs said:
Wow. I am so dissapointed by everyone's reactions. Nobody likes this series? Why? I watched a few episodes not expecting much, but it quickly became one of my favourite series for having great character development and characters in this show, like Shiro, and the plot was interesting too.?

LOL great character development my ass, the only example you can use is the main character. How far did you lower your standards before watching it? Dude, the only good thing about this series is the animation. Even the music got repetitive.
Jul 13, 2013 4:35 AM

Feb 2012
Will watch. Also Kuroh's new outfit on the cover looks nice
Aug 20, 2013 6:03 AM

Jun 2013
But Suoh Mikoto won't be in it right?
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Aug 20, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
^ You ever heard of a plot device called "flashback"?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 20, 2013 8:07 AM

Aug 2013
I generally found the first season average, very very average in terms of plot and character developments. The only thing to write home about is definitely its powerful visual aesthetic, which none of other shows could even compete with during its airing in Fall 2012. The characters are largely forgettable, the plots plagued by too many inconsistensies, the BGM, while stunning, became too repetitive, and the way the wrapped the entire season 1 still left too much to be desired of (except, of course, the
Quote "no bone, no ash, no soul" which has become somewhat an infamous cult on the fandom)

Which is why i'm very surprised that this average anime gets a movie
Aug 20, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:
Which is why i'm very surprised that this average anime gets a movie
I think the reasons you quoted are the wrong areas to look when it comes to whether the anime gets a movie. Why? Because how good/bad you find an anime should have very very little to do with the decision of whether the anime gets a sequel, no? The place to look should be things like how well the anime sold for its discs or merchandise, or how good other fans (particularly those who are willing to spend money on anime) find it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 28, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 2013
I'm glad, looking forward to it :)
Aug 28, 2013 5:29 PM

Mar 2013
I'm looking forward to it too. It didn't really bothered me cause it's started slowly cause the last episodes catched up.
Anyway, I'm happy about it.
:D
Aug 31, 2013 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
As previously mentioned, the movie seems to be the second season, so don't expect a new season to come out. There are still two kings we haven't even seen, the yellow and green kings, so it seems like we might see them if they decide to make a second season after the movie, but that all depends on how well the movie sells. They can't make a second season without the funds they need, so y'all motherfuckers better buy it.

Also, why are people that DIDN'T ENJOY the anime in these forums? If you don't like something, don't talk about it, it's as easy as that. We don't care about your opinions, we're here to discuss something that is in OUR interest, if it doesn't match yours could you kindly just off yourselves?

(The source for my statement: http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1369541491)
Dec 11, 2013 4:26 AM

Nov 2007
News Update
The official site announced today that the movie will be premiered on July 12, 2014. The top page reveals a visual of the new character, "Yukari Mishakuji."

Source: Official site
NaruleachMar 23, 2014 6:37 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
Purple king?
[center]
Dec 12, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
OMFG, the movie will be released on my birthday *^*
BEST.PRESENT.EVER!
Dec 12, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2010
VioLink said:
Purple king?

Read on Tumblr that he is Kuroh's senior who also trained under Ichigen and left shortly before Kuroh was taken in. And he was mentioned in White:Black novel.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 12, 2013 10:24 PM

Feb 2013
ainky said:
StrawHat_ said:
-Aku said:

Quite surprised at it myself too. Hopefully the second season, and the movie, will be better.

This. The first season was really disappointing.

may not be masterpiece but it's not exactly garbage (we've seen worse) and there is no 2nd season the movie is a sequel
Dec 13, 2013 3:05 AM
Jul 2013
vongola-undecimo said:
ainky said:
StrawHat_ said:
-Aku said:

may not be masterpiece but it's not exactly garbage (we've seen worse) and there is no 2nd season the movie is a sequel

Might announce a second season if the movie does good enough I guess?
Dec 15, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2012
so until BD version even longer..
but yeah the new character looks really good ~
Dec 15, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2010
silverwalls said:

Thats going to be a long five month wait. ~_~
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 21, 2013 11:34 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Roloko said:
silverwalls said:

Thats going to be a long five month wait. ~_~

~_~ agree

Jan 10, 2014 4:14 AM

Aug 2009
I'm also looking forward to it and I love it so much!!!! It's one of my favourite animes!!! I love everything about it! (*⌒∇⌒*)

Sure everyone has their own opinion, but how about a little respect?!! I don't think it will hurt anybody to accept the fact that we all have different preferences and what seems to be a let-down to one might be a masterpiece to another!
Jan 11, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2010
Kikimorka said:
I'm also looking forward to it and I love it so much!!!! It's one of my favourite animes!!! I love everything about it! (*⌒∇⌒*)

Its one of my tops too. Well when it first aired I'm not going to lie I stuck around more for the eye candy until like halfway through and I cried at the end. I didn't end up obsessed over K until I came across Memory of Red manga and after reading to the latest chapter and looking up little quotes and rants of the Side:Red LN. I then re watched some episodes and I understood what was going on and the characters so much more.

So yeah its an amazing series, but sadly you won't really get whats going on or feel any real attachment to most of the characters unless you read the side material first to gain appreciation for them cause that is where all the development is at the anime is just story driven with little development from the characters.

I really hope for a second season if the movie doesn't tie everything up, but until then I'll stick with Days of Blue and the Project K otome game thats coming out this year. Which I hope Aksys localizes. *crosses fingers*
Jan 12, 2014 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
Xinception said:
vongola-undecimo said:
ainky said:
StrawHat_ said:
-Aku said:

Might announce a second season if the movie does good enough I guess?

hope so...
Jan 13, 2014 3:58 AM

Aug 2009
Roloko said:
Its one of my tops too. Well when it first aired I'm not going to lie I stuck around more for the eye candy until like halfway through and I cried at the end. I didn't end up obsessed over K until I came across Memory of Red manga and after reading to the latest chapter and looking up little quotes and rants of the Side:Red LN. I then re watched some episodes and I understood what was going on and the characters so much more.

So yeah its an amazing series, but sadly you won't really get whats going on or feel any real attachment to most of the characters unless you read the side material first to gain appreciation for them cause that is where all the development is at the anime is just story driven with little development from the characters.

I really hope for a second season if the movie doesn't tie everything up, but until then I'll stick with Days of Blue and the Project K otome game thats coming out this year. Which I hope Aksys localizes. *crosses fingers*

I know what you're talking about! In the beginning it was so confusing for me but for some reason it won my heart!!! No joke!!! Yes, that's right especially since the plot of it is so complicated and detailed! There are so many things that look insignificant at first glance but when you get to know the story in greater detail you realize that everything is perfectly connected! That's why I like it so much! What the authors are doing is absolutely admirable!

It's true that when I watched it for the first time I didn't like Scepter 4 at all, okay at the end I began to understand them better and didn't hate them any longer but now that Days of Blue is out I had a change of heart! When I finished Memory of Red my heart was literally aching!!! T-T GoRA knows how to make you fall in love with someone and take them away from you!!!

Well, they said that the movie will be the second season!!! >.>''' Yes, they have so many projects to release that we won't be bored while waiting for 12/07 to come! ^^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 6 hours ago

2 by _MushiRock11_ »»
9 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

62 by _MushiRock11_ »»
15 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.