Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2012
Oh, so now I'm old? Fuck you too, Apatch.

In any case, the only problem is that I failed. Won't say how, but it's my first true fail. A God like me, failing.... Pitiful.... Disgraceful.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 26, 2013 5:11 PM

Apr 2008
Immahnoob said:

In any case, the only problem is that I failed. Won't say how, but it's my first true fail. A God like me, failing.... Pitiful.... Disgraceful.

Don't know what you're on about mate, but I seem to have elicited some sort of emotional response, so I win.
May 26, 2013 5:40 PM
Jun 2012
I'm old...Old enough to know what I'm doing, but young enough to do it often still.

In any case, I do miss all the excess energy I had when I was in my teens. Nowadays, A full day out in the sun kayaking can cause me to crash and waste the day away.
May 26, 2013 5:55 PM
May 2013
Well apatch, I am not sure how many history courses you enrolled in during your time spent at University, however, from my time spent as a History major I can tell you I personally feel quite young.

My friends are all slightly younger than myself ranging from 20-24 and each of them speaks much like you do in terms of feeling old. They often reference the "good o'l days" and "remember long ago".

From my point of view I am just a young lad when comparing myself to all those who have lived and the seemingly epic timespan of events in history. I am not sure if any of that made sense but there's my opinion.
May 26, 2013 10:26 PM

Apr 2012
apatch3 said:
Immahnoob said:

Don't know what you're on about mate, but I seem to have elicited some sort of emotional response, so I win.
You win...? At what exactly? My failings are in RL not here.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 27, 2013 4:07 AM

Apr 2008
taka-tanaka said:
Well apatch, I am not sure how many history courses you enrolled in during your time spent at University, however, from my time spent as a History major I can tell you I personally feel quite young.

My friends are all slightly younger than myself ranging from 20-24 and each of them speaks much like you do in terms of feeling old. They often reference the "good o'l days" and "remember long ago".

From my point of view I am just a young lad when comparing myself to all those who have lived and the seemingly epic timespan of events in history. I am not sure if any of that made sense but there's my opinion.

They don't teach us much history on an LLB course apart from the odd bit of legal history.

It's true that when you look at the bigger picture we're just insignificant dots and history will remember us no more than it remembers other unremarkable individuals but I can't look at things from history's perspective. For me my 22 years are an eternity, I cannot fathom a longer period of time.

Why do you think people my age feel old? What makes us speak of the good old days? Is it just nostalgia or did the work actually fuck up somewhere along the line?
May 27, 2013 6:01 AM

May 2013
People who feels old are those people who have had regrets in there past.. something they can't do anymore I believe...
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
May 27, 2013 6:27 AM
May 2013
When attempting to understand my friends, which can be difficult, I believe that they feel old and reflect on past events so often due to a number of things.

For some background, none of my friends have attended University more than a couple years and have not completed a degree program. Each of them has been working in service jobs since age's 15-16. They are all married and most have a child. From my perspective they have already done what many in life seek out from an early age: a career, house, and children. Once they reach this "goal" what is left for them?

Not too many people seem to look forwards and when they do reflect on the past, they tend to not analyze and come to terms but to instead dwell on things that could have been or things they think they should have done with their lives.

So, to try and not ramble on, I think someone in their twenties that feels old either does not sufficiently analyze their past and current position on our linear time frame, or they have not experienced enough of life to realize they are not so old.

If someone, from say age 1 lives to age 17 with the typical schooling and lifestyle as many have (attending school in regular intervals and the attitude that it will be forever before you are in your twenties; where every year that passes feels like a substantial amount of time) and then suddenly from age 17-22 are thrown into a much faster paced world, be it University or getting married and raising children, I would imagine that person would feel suddenly older due to the pace of events. I think this is true more so if they have not taken the time to adequately come to terms with their sudden change in lifestyle.

Maybe you are in some sort of transition phase in your life, or temporary limbo while you come to terms with your past few years where you were thrown into faced paced and demanding schooling. At least, more demanding than you had before perhaps.

My post is too long I think. Sorry about that but I just wanted to attempt to explain what I am thinking.
May 27, 2013 6:29 AM

Mar 2013
pauro19 said:
People who feels old are those people who have had regrets in there past.. something they can't do anymore I believe...

I HAVE NO REGRETS

May 27, 2013 6:50 AM

Aug 2012
pauro19 said:

Really? I thought people feel old when they start to fall behind on (or lose interest in) the latest trends.

And definitely this XD
lolifreak000f said:
I'm 23 and the only difference i see/feel compare to when i was a teen is that my beard grows faster.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 27, 2013 7:34 AM

May 2013
Ghostony said:
pauro19 said:

Really? I thought people feel old when they start to fall behind on (or lose interest in) the latest trends.

That's another thing, and it kinda support what I mean.. fall behind, meaning they can't do it anymore.. lost interest? psychologically speaking it's not, but it is either they don't the latest trend anymore, or they don't like it due to the fact that they think it's tiring to do..
May 27, 2013 7:36 AM

May 2013
Hito-Proxy said:
pauro19 said:

I HAVE NO REGRETS

But you feel old? Or have you felt old when you start reading this thread? Maybe you don't feel old, and wasn't thinking something about this, but just when you've read something about it like this thread...
May 27, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2008
Topic is too generalized; does not encourage interactive discussion. Locked.

I am a banana.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 1 hour ago

7 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 minutes ago

» How many B Vitamin pills can one take a day ?

scarydragon - 3 hours ago

8 by logopolis »»
11 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 9 hours ago

15 by traed »»
12 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

39 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

19 by xthewarwithinx »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.