Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2013 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Climbing of the wall. Hikasa-san's character is also experienced in wall climbing. Overcoming fear is also a lesson.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
Funny episode. They climb walls inside the a building huh. It looks scary imo but I think it looks more fun than that. DON'T LOOK DOWN.
May 25, 2013 12:41 AM

Jul 2010
Heh, now we know why this was the unaired episode...
May 26, 2013 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
Elite60 said:
The bare necessities of climbing...

But that aside, another cute episode! Love this show and manga, hope it sells enough for season 2, should by the look of it. Lots more manga to adapt already, 1-2 more seasons.
May 26, 2013 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
Well done fanservice incorporated in a bouldering episode.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 29, 2013 6:59 AM

Jul 2011
So Kaede also were afraid of heights at first. Interesting. They really should make another season so we would learn more about a characters.
OrangeHollow.png
May 29, 2013 7:21 AM

Sep 2012
OrangeHollow said:
So Kaede also were afraid of heights at first. Interesting. They really should make another season so we would learn more about a characters.
This! There are two more books of manga to animate so I predict a second season is coming. Sales have been good enough, better than Teekyuu which is getting a second season this summer, same company Earth Star Comics.
May 31, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2011
where did you watch it?
I can't find it anywhere.
講廢話,被撞到.
May 31, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
Kanorin said:
where did you watch it?
I can't find it anywhere.

I bought the BD of course.
Jun 2, 2013 6:02 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I wasn't expecting all the 'fanservice'. Guess I'm a little disappointed. Ah, well.
Jun 2, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
I wasn't expecting all the 'fanservice'. Guess I'm a little disappointed. Ah, well.
It's all in the manga by the way, that chapter is straight out of it, not anime fanservice just made up for the special episode at all. Not sure what there is to be disappointed in...
Jun 2, 2013 7:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Cratex said:
It's all in the manga by the way, that chapter is straight out of it, not anime fanservice just made up for the special episode at all. Not sure what there is to be disappointed in...
Excuse me for not being a manga reader.

Also, I never said it was filler or made up. I'm simply comparing it to what I saw in the prior episodes and it felt out of place. Thus, my disappointment.
Jun 2, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2010
Amazing episode but the...fanservice caught me off-gaurd. MY ENDING SONG!!!!!! I MISSED YOU!
Jun 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
I demand a second season.
Jun 3, 2013 3:29 AM

Sep 2012
SirMaddy said:
Sales have been good so I predict we will get a second season. There are 2+ books of manga written so there is a full season to animate already.

There are a few more fanservice chapters in book 2 then book 3 is serious and excellent, I can't wait! Book 4 is great too but a bit more light hearted than 3, back more to the first books.
Jun 3, 2013 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
There are a few more fanservice chapters in book 2 then book 3 is serious and excellent, I can't wait! Book 4 is great too but a bit more light hearted than 3, back more to the first books.
So which mountain have they reached by book 4?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 3, 2013 4:07 AM

Dec 2009
Ahh... this episode made me really miss Yama no Susume. :(

hpulley said:
SirMaddy said:
Sales have been good so I predict we will get a second season. There are 2+ books of manga written so there is a full season to animate already.

Oh, there are that many? I thought there were only two! That's great to hear.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 3, 2013 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
Waiting for an announcement about a second season. Pretty please.
Jun 3, 2013 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:
So which mountain have they reached by book 4?

Can't wait! After Teekyuu (which I also bought the manga and BD) got a season 2 with lower sales I have to believe Yama no Susume is getting another season. I buy all the manga and got the disc in the hope of that. Downloading it for free doesn't help them to decide to make more... Teekyuu had much lower production costs I'm sure but I have to believe Yama no Susume made money and is the top seller for Earth Star Entertainment so I think they'll want to keep it going.
Jun 3, 2013 4:35 AM

Sep 2012
^ Book 3 is already xxxxxxx ?! That escalates pretty quickly man... Well, but then that mountain is well known...

Since short anime requires much lower cost, I think the hurdle and the threshold to clear for a 2nd season should be much lower too.

BTW, Tanigawatake is so stunningly beautiful
http://www.yamareco.com/modules/yamareco/detail-304931.html
symbvJun 3, 2013 4:43 AM

Jun 3, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
^ Book 3 is already xxxxxxx ?! That escalates pretty quickly man... Well, but then that mountain is well known...

Since short anime requires much lower cost, I think the hurdle and the threshold to clear for a 2nd season should be much lower too.

BTW, Tanigawatake is so stunningly beautiful
http://www.yamareco.com/modules/yamareco/detail-304931.html
Yes, xxxx-xxx! All 8 chapters of book 3... could be a whole season IMO or heck, if they wanted to they could make 4 12-minute episodes or even full length if they tried. Or they could go at a similar pace to the first season but in that case there is some of book 2 left and book 3 could do season 2. Books 4 and 5 (not yet out) could do a season 3 but I'd love to see book 4 already.

And yes, some beautiful scenery. I think the watercolor backgrounds are a favorite part of the show. The booklet with the BD includes stills of many of the watercolors, I only wish they were bigger. I hope they bring out a "Complete Book of Yama no Susume" with larger versions. I look forward to more mountainous scenery in season two.
Jun 3, 2013 6:55 AM

Apr 2010
Was nice to see this again i hope we will get a second season at some point or fast translation of the manga so i can enjoy this a lot more.
Their climbing session was cute and the learned it fast, i want to start climbing as well now but don't know of any nearby places where i can start climbing.
Jun 3, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2011
ah, I found it. but..

Cratex said:
講廢話,被撞到.
Jun 3, 2013 7:21 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
Was nice to see this again i hope we will get a second season at some point or fast translation of the manga so i can enjoy this a lot more.
Their climbing session was cute and the learned it fast, i want to start climbing as well now but don't know of any nearby places where i can start climbing.
It really is encouragement of climb! I want to climb some mountains now too LOL

Adding to the money for this series, it is sponsored by some equipment manufacturers! So beyond the manga and disc sales it has other income. Again I'd say season 2 is a sure thing, just have to wait for the announcement.
Jun 3, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2011
It was a good special, more of Yama no Susume's goodness. There wasn't a lot of fanservice so I see no reason to be disappointed with it. I really hope there will be a season two of it someday!
Jun 3, 2013 4:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was nice ^^ I learned about wall climbing and the "goals." :O I never knew. Then again, I was never interested in wall climbing since I'm also scared of heights. Props to Aoi for actually being able to have fun and semi conquer her fear! If I was her, I would've literally started crying after realizing how far up I was lol.
Jun 3, 2013 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Cute as always.
Jun 5, 2013 10:45 PM

May 2010
SirMaddy said:
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jun 13, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't care for the fan service. It felt out of place.
Aug 12, 2013 2:11 PM

Dec 2011
Finally got around to watching this.

Aoi is so brave. I could never do one of those things. Then again if it were me I would just stick to the places that you can get to without climbing. Or walking along aretes like the one Kaede is pictured on.

I prefer to stick to my comfort zone. It might not get me onto anything spectacular but that's not what I'm after.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 12, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2012
I tried bouldering recently with my daughter. She made it look easy but wow, I found it harder than it looks! Still, "Encouragement of Climb" did encourage me to do that. 'Climbing' mountains straight up is still something I won't do but the ones that are mostly a tough hike are fun.
Sep 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Oct 2012
Cute episode with some fan service included to go out with a bang. Liked the series once it got going about 3 episodes in. 9/10 for me. Wouldn't mind more.
Dec 16, 2013 9:41 AM
Jul 2013
Loli! Aoi loli!
Dec 19, 2013 6:00 AM

Mar 2012
that fanservice at the end!
Jul 25, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
GarLogan78 said:
I didn't care for the fan service. It felt out of place.
Same. It kicks you out of the sweet friendship 'ganbare' vibe between girls into something out-of-nowhere male-gaze-y. Which would be OK if that was what the first season was about, but it's not. :/

It was strange, too, 'cause the changing room scene 'fanservice' was more incidental and natural until the long, lingering pan up MC's booty body as she showered. Plz. (¬_¬)-3

But other than that, the usual Yama no Susume charm.
Aug 21, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
I just love how energetic Hinata always is. Kaede has reminded me that glasses girls are infinitely cuter without their glasses. Simple and cute just like the rest of the show. This makes me miss when I used to do rock climbing, it's a shame that the wall is the best I can get where I live now.
Aug 21, 2014 10:46 AM
Dec 2013
Yeah, I hate that feeling when you cling to the wall and it feels like your limbs are to tired to keep climbing up or down, so you just hang there worried of the height.

I've been in Aoi's place, including a little girl next to me who could climb faster and higher than I could.
Aug 26, 2014 5:11 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely additional episode, it's just way too cute to see those girls climb that wall!
Aug 29, 2014 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
oo shit we got a little fan service a tthe end not sure how a feel about it XD
was a cute little special
[/quote]
Oct 2, 2014 9:34 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Eh, ok episode. A bit of fan service at the end.

Lol at Aoi. She didn't want to go rock climbing but she ends up going anyway.

Feb 16, 2015 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
The fear of high places came back, was good to see how she dealt with it.

Elite60 said:

Hahah.
Aug 19, 2015 1:26 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Can't be an unaired episode without the fan service!

Anyways, this episode makes me want to do some rock climbing.
Feb 8, 2016 2:38 AM

Nov 2014
Not enough fanservice.

Apr 9, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2015
ExTamplier said:
Not enough fanservice.
Lololol top kek I agree though ._.

I remembering climbing a lot in gym class, suprised they weren't using any equipment though. Those walls look a bit to high to fall and not get hurt. It's also good practice to use a harness, practice knots, and belaying people but whatever it's a anime.
Jun 9, 2016 10:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
An interesting special. At least there are some of "climbing", although the last minute in the locker room was not necessary.

--
Un especial interesante. Por lo menos se ve algo de "escalada", aunque el último minuto en los vestuarios no era necesario.
Apr 12, 2018 6:12 AM

Oct 2007
Enjoyed watching this. I guess wall climbing is a good practice to overcome fear of heights.
May 26, 2018 6:55 PM

Nov 2016
Indoor climbing is hella fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2018 6:59 PM

Jan 2017
The fanservice at the end made the second season happen, probably. o>o
Jul 23, 2019 5:02 PM
Apr 2016
Climbing walls, interesting. Quite a lot of fanservice, I don't really get why'd they put it, especially since it's a kids' anime.
Aug 18, 2019 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
Doesn't Aoi know you Shouldn't look down when you're climbing, that is pretty much a basic! But I liked how Hinata managed to calm her into letting go since the ground was soft anyways! Hinata is a great friend and is my favorite in this series.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.