Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Dec 19, 2013 5:35 PM
parfaited said:
Subs no question because the English version would lack Miyano Mamoru.

You are doing humanity an injustice if you choose to listen to Okabe Rintarou voiced by someone else.

You are doing humanity an injustice by speaking. Please stop.

Dec 20, 2013 3:52 AM

@^ I like this guy
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.

Dec 31, 2013 3:51 PM
Cant wait for the dub, I thought the guy who voiced abake was perfect, sublime

so currently its predicted that it will take around 1 year to dub it? the date is closing inn

Jan 2, 2014 1:16 PM
bigfoot1291 said:
The dub of Steins;Gate is probably the best dubbed I have heard. It's extremely well done. I SINCERELY hope it gets dubbed with the same VA's.
Best Dub Of All Time. Even better than Cowboy Bebop's English dub. Never thought it was even possible, but there you go.

Not that the sub is bad. Or even worse. The two don't need to be compared, they're essentially the same thing.

-Arvis

Feb 22, 2014 7:01 PM

Arvis_Jaggamar said:
bigfoot1291 said:
The dub of Steins;Gate is probably the best dubbed I have heard. It's extremely well done. I SINCERELY hope it gets dubbed with the same VA's.
Best Dub Of All Time. Even better than Cowboy Bebop's English dub. Never thought it was even possible, but there you go.

Not that the sub is bad. Or even worse. The two don't need to be compared, they're essentially the same thing.

-Arvis
THE ENGLISH DUB IS A FUCKING MASTERPIECE! HOLY SHIT! It's one of the best dubs I've ever heard. EVER.

Mar 7, 2014 3:16 AM

If you guys still think one Okabe was better than the other one. Go to Wikipedia and read the original character description, then decide for yourself which one was closer to the original.
I, myself did enjoy both dubbed and subbed and can't wait for the dubbed movie. Both actors Miyano and Tatum are brilliant, so don't say that either one was terrible. It's a disgrace.

Honestly, Steins;Gate has the best fans ever. This anime is so perfect people have nothing else to argue about except which dub is better.
You, EN dub lovers cannot convince people that dub was better. Same goes to JP dub lovers, so calm down and enjoy whatever you like. It's the same story we ALL love, for god's sake. Peace!

*sigh* All I wanted to know was if someone owned the information about the dub, but I got myself involved with this discussion.

Mar 17, 2014 6:14 PM

bobawesome said:
giraffesyo said:
;w; All you guys getting into an argument over which one is better subbed or dubbed when the OP simply wants to know if there is any info on IF its going to be dubbed.. Seriously.

Sadly, it's an annoying cycle that will forever be repeated at the mere mention of the word "dub".

I agree it's a shame any mention of dub and you get a lot of arguments among anime fans alike.

Mar 17, 2014 6:18 PM

GKage said:
Or
IntroverTurtle said:
scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Pls no dub pls. The last S;G dub gave me cancer.
If that's what it takes for you to get cancer, it would probably the easiest cancer to avoid in history. Ashame you weren't able to avoid it

i agree with this, plus i think on the contrary. maybe its just me but this is one of the very few anime's that i actually enjoyed the dub better then the sub.
It's just you.

Or just you. If you like subs better you like subs, doesn't make the dub bad.
If I like subs more than subs, where do dubs even fit in there?

Mar 17, 2014 6:21 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
GKage said:
Or
IntroverTurtle said:
scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:
If that's what it takes for you to get cancer, it would probably the easiest cancer to avoid in history. Ashame you weren't able to avoid it

i agree with this, plus i think on the contrary. maybe its just me but this is one of the very few anime's that i actually enjoyed the dub better then the sub.
It's just you.

I think what he meant to say was if you like subs better than dubs then you like subs - doesn't mean dubs are bad it's all opinion based.

Mar 21, 2014 6:49 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
GKage said:
Or
IntroverTurtle said:
scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:

It's just you.

Holy shit it was like 9 months ago, let it go.

Mar 21, 2014 6:56 PM

^ He can't, it's the only way to show that he feels superiority over his preference.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.

Apr 5, 2014 12:37 PM
jayss said:
Who cares about dub when Mamoru Miyano is voice acting as the main character

Apr 21, 2014 12:34 PM
So no news on this front, then?

I watched the series dubbed, so I'm afraid that if I watched the movie subbed it would have less impact. Like watching the next Avengers movie with a bunch of lookalikes cast in the main roles. :(

-Arvis

Apr 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Arvis_Jaggamar said:

I watched the series dubbed, so I'm afraid that if I watched the movie subbed it would have less impact. Like watching the next Avengers movie with a bunch of lookalikes cast in the main roles. :(

-Arvis

I've heard nothing. I'm just waiting it out and biding my time.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.

Apr 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Arvis_Jaggamar said:

-Arvis

I did the same thing and it's totally fine... It made me a fan of the sub even more.

Apr 21, 2014 2:08 PM

Arvis_Jaggamar said:

-Arvis

The show does have an amazing dub but what's your problem with sub? Don't be so frightened at listening to the Japanese voices. You make it sound like Japanese cast is the worst in this show.

Yeah, your ears are used to listening to the English voices but I don't think it'll be too hard to listen to Miyano's rarely used deep voice. Kurisu's voice is not as deep as in English dub, but she sounds very soft in Japanese.
Mayuri's voice is cute and not as annoying as people think. Daru sounds like a normal fat guy. The rest of the cast is fine too, I guess.

The movie dub will take a few more months to be done.

Apr 24, 2014 12:34 AM
Why do people complain so much about people who prefer dubs. It's not the japanese voicing thats the main concern. If i want to watch something, i'd prefer to hear it in my own language so that all my senses are focused on whats in front of me, so i can get a better feel of the anime/show. Apart from that, there is the feeling that subtitles are distracting. I just don't like reading while i am watching something.
And i'm not saying that the japanese voicing is ugly, i actually think its cool. I just prefer english because maybe its easier to relate etc etc.

Sep 15, 2014 8:33 PM
Vexalon said:
Why do people complain so much about people who prefer dubs. It's not the japanese voicing thats the main concern. If i want to watch something, i'd prefer to hear it in my own language so that all my senses are focused on whats in front of me, so i can get a better feel of the anime/show. Apart from that, there is the feeling that subtitles are distracting. I just don't like reading while i am watching something.
And i'm not saying that the japanese voicing is ugly, i actually think its cool. I just prefer english because maybe its easier to relate etc etc.

I agree its a lot easier for me to take everything in if its in english, not that i have a problem with subs seeing as I'm watching a few shows subbed (Mahouka koukou no rettousei, Akame ga kill, sword art online 2 etc) but i would much rather watch it in english than subs especially since i watched the series dubbed

Sep 26, 2014 3:03 PM

I normally am a supporter for English dub, alot shows have excellent dubs, but Okabe doesn't sound as crazy in English as the Japanese voice actor, this might just be one of those shows where Japanese voice acting stands out abit more due the comedy used in the show.

Sep 30, 2014 7:05 PM

Ukkoclap said:
I normally am a supporter for English dub, alot shows have excellent dubs, but Okabe doesn't sound as crazy in English as the Japanese voice actor, this might just be one of those shows where Japanese voice acting stands out abit more due the comedy used in the show.

I can't disagree enough. When I hear them, the only thing sub Okabe sounds crazier/more hilariously unhinged in is the laugh. Dub Okabe wins everything else, and even has a great, natural-sounding but still hilariously over-the-top laugh, albeit not quite as funny as the sub's.

Oct 1, 2014 6:34 PM

Miyano sounds crazier, yeah, but does crazier and being over the top always = good acting? See, in my opinion, Tatum actually plays around with the 'crazy rants', adding a little frosting to the cake. Just listen carefully to what he does with Okabe. Tatum actually understands that you don't need to be over-the-top and making majestic shouts to pull off a character like Okabe.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews

Oct 16, 2014 7:44 AM
Soooooo.... still no dub then?

I found this: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/09/home-video-announcements-from-otakon/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Announcements&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Otakon&utm_nooverride=1

At the bottom it says Funimation acquired the license to the Steins;Gate film. I assume that means there will be a dub eventually?

-Arvis

Oct 27, 2014 5:13 AM
RandomPerson6 said:

Oh god, i almost died from laughing. I completely agree with you the Eng Dub was atrocious i can't believe the majority of the community and my friends think its great

That Michael J Tatum guy i guess he did do a few good dubs... but they have to make him voice EVERY good anime; spice and wolf, black butler and now this and i don't think he fit the role in steins;gate especially for okabe, he wasn't enthusiastic enough!! How about feyris, in the dub, where were the nyans, or Mayushi.. where were the tuturu's

Nov 1, 2014 11:03 PM
Eggi said:
RandomPerson6 said:

Oh god, i almost died from laughing. I completely agree with you the Eng Dub was atrocious i can't believe the majority of the community and my friends think its great

That Michael J Tatum guy i guess he did do a few good dubs... but they have to make him voice EVERY good anime; spice and wolf, black butler and now this and i don't think he fit the role in steins;gate especially for okabe, he wasn't enthusiastic enough!! How about feyris, in the dub, where were the nyans, or Mayushi.. where were the tuturu's

Why are people who prefer subs always so selfish?? Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that there aren't people who did. I for one prefer watching anime in my own language so I can understand it, and not have to read. if I wanted to read i'd just read the manga/novel. So I like others wish they do dub the movie. That way everyone can enjoy it not just the sub only selfish fans.

Feb 24, 2015 1:47 PM
bored2death101 said:
Eggi said:

Why are people who prefer subs always so selfish?? Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that there aren't people who did. I for one prefer watching anime in my own language so I can understand it, and not have to read. if I wanted to read i'd just read the manga/novel. So I like others wish they do dub the movie. That way everyone can enjoy it not just the sub only selfish fans.

thats because they're weeaboo elitists assholes, just ignore them

Feb 24, 2015 6:03 PM

Soooo, any news on this yet? It's been a little over 3 years now and I was wondering if anything changed.
Assume nothing, expect everything.

Lelouch vi Britannia said:
If the King does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?

Feb 25, 2015 6:48 PM
Yeah same here... The subbed wasn't that bad but I do prefer an English dub. I'm thinking a possible release in the Summer.

Mar 1, 2015 11:22 PM

so like, shouldn't this have been announced by now? It's been over 6 months since Funimation licensed the movie and there isn't a release date announced... I know the subbed version is likely excellent, but the dub VAs were a huge part of what made me love Steins;Gate in the first place.

Mar 13, 2015 4:11 AM

I've been waiting for the dub for ages...

Mar 28, 2015 6:42 PM

I prefer the English dub over the sub because the English dub has outstanding voices

Mar 28, 2015 6:45 PM

DivineArchangel said:
I prefer the English dub over the sub because the English dub has outstanding voices

Both do. I like them equally to be honest.

Apr 24, 2015 7:55 AM
Arvis_Jaggamar said:

-Arvis

I can't believe it has been a FRICKIN YEAR since I posted this. And nothing. Not even an article saying "we're working on it". Heartbreak.

Apr 24, 2015 7:56 AM

I have no idea but I want it so bad! :*(

May 16, 2015 2:51 AM
i love steins gate dubbed and i can't wait for the movie dubbed, so i ignore all the dub haters

May 16, 2015 2:53 AM
Vexalon said:

i agree 100%

Jun 23, 2015 6:26 AM

Man, if this doesn't get dubbed then what about Steins;Gate 0? I picked the wrong series to like the dub.

Jul 4, 2015 11:57 PM

A dub won't be available for a while. Once the subs are out, it'll be at least three months for the dub.

Jul 21, 2015 12:45 AM
Funimation confirmed the dub long ago when they got the rights .. so the dub is coming. Its just a matter of when
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?

Sep 10, 2015 10:12 PM
Mhypnotica said:
Man, if this doesn't get dubbed then what about Steins;Gate 0? I picked the wrong series to like the dub.

Maybe they'll choose to simulcast dub it? That would be cool. I just really hope they dub it and the movie and released the movie soon

Sep 10, 2015 10:15 PM

Miyano Mamoru and Kana Hanazawa at the same time, you can never go wrong.

Mar 24, 2016 8:41 PM
Any update on this? I enjoyed the series, but there's no anime I enjoy so much I'll listen to in Japanese if I like the dub.

Well, maybe if they remade the first Fullmetal Alchemist. But other than that, none.

Jun 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Vox_Populi said:
Any update on this? I enjoyed the series, but there's no anime I enjoy so much I'll listen to in Japanese if I like the dub.

Well, maybe if they remade the first Fullmetal Alchemist. But other than that, none.

I've got no trouble with subbed anime, and there are dubs I straight up hated so much I could not finish them, but I cannot jump between the two. Steins; Gate is locked as an dub only anime in my mind.

Jul 28, 2016 12:07 PM

what taking the dub so long..it should be out already..

Aug 1, 2016 1:31 PM
I'm sitting here wondering if I should just watch the movie subbed or wait for them to release the dub.

I'm trying to think of other shows where I have switched from dub to sub mid series but nothing comes to mind.

Aug 5, 2016 5:49 PM
OceanChild said:
Vox_Populi said:

I've got no trouble with subbed anime, and there are dubs I straight up hated so much I could not finish them, but I cannot jump between the two. Steins; Gate is locked as an dub only anime in my mind.
I feel the same way

Oct 3, 2016 7:47 AM

Skrimish10 said:
OceanChild said:

I feel the same way

Did they actually confirm a dub I've been waiting years too :/
CG Artist 3D Animator
---------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/cra0kalo
http://cra0kalo.com

Oct 3, 2016 2:12 PM
cra0 said:
Skrimish10 said:
I feel the same way

Did they actually confirm a dub I've been waiting years too :/
There will be a dub because funimation bought the rights to make a dub I think but it's put on hold because of all the broadcast dubs they're doing I think.

Oct 31, 2016 8:13 AM

The following is a post from Funimation's facebook page posted on October 29th, at 4:31pm : " “But what about the Steins;Gate movie?!” you ask. We’re excited to announce today that Steins;Gate – The Movie – Load Region of Déjà Vu will be releasing in 2017! Look out for more details at the end of November, the release date of the Steins;Gate 0 game. "

It looks like this is something coming next year, but we won't hear more details until the very end of November. Just a bit more waiting, and we'll have more news.
School Days > SAO

Dec 13, 2016 7:01 AM

It's coming out March 28, 2017.
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/806559052364972032

Also, the official English name is "Steins;Gate: The Movie – Load Region of Déjà Vu".
Interesting choice of name there...

Jan 18, 2:10 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »