Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
May 24, 2013 8:54 AM
Does anybody have any info on the English dub of the recent Steins;Gate movie? I really like Funimation English dubs, and I haven't been able to find anything on their site.

May 24, 2013 8:55 AM

Calm yo tits, we don't even have a camrip of the movie (to my knowledge)

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

May 24, 2013 8:56 AM

Lol we are still waiting for the sub and you are asking about the dub?I am sorry to say that but dubbing of movie might take more than 3 years.

May 24, 2013 8:57 AM

Who cares about dub when Mamoru Miyano is voice acting as the main character

May 24, 2013 8:59 AM

If there will be a dub, it will be at least two years away at the minimum.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(

May 24, 2013 9:00 AM

Its better to watch Steins;Gate subbed anyway dude.So just wait for the subbed and forget abt them dubbed!

May 24, 2013 9:01 AM
DB Administrator
Nyaa~☆

Thread moved.
Anime specific threads go into their respective sub-board.

May 24, 2013 9:08 AM
Up to 3 years...? Wow. I will have to re-watch the series with subs :|

May 24, 2013 9:09 AM

TheJuiceboxKid said:
Up to 3 years...? Wow. I will have to re-watch the series with subs :|

Even then, good quality subs won't be out till around the end of this year if everything goes normal.
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(

Jun 3, 2013 11:00 PM

Well, even though it'll be a long ways off, there's probably a good chance Funimation will pick this up right? I guess it'd depend on how well the series sold for them, but with how big a fan J. Michael Tatum was of this series, I'm pretty sure he'll be pushing hard to get this dubbed.

Jun 4, 2013 4:48 AM
i am still wating for the sub version T_T
does it really take so long to sub a movie? :(

Jun 4, 2013 4:50 AM

Pls no dub pls. The last S;G dub gave me cancer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 4, 2013 4:52 AM

RandomPerson3 said:

natssuu said:

Retards.
Modified by Maor, Jun 4, 2013 4:55 AM

Jun 6, 2013 9:21 AM

RandomPerson3 said:
If that's what it takes for you to get cancer, it would probably the easiest cancer to avoid in history. Ashame you weren't able to avoid it

Jun 6, 2013 10:47 AM

AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:
If that's what it takes for you to get cancer, it would probably the easiest cancer to avoid in history. Ashame you weren't able to avoid it

i agree with this, plus i think on the contrary. maybe its just me but this is one of the very few anime's that i actually enjoyed the dub better then the sub.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Jun 6, 2013 10:55 AM

scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:

i agree with this, plus i think on the contrary. maybe its just me but this is one of the very few anime's that i actually enjoyed the dub better then the sub.
It's just you.

Jun 6, 2013 2:43 PM

Auxoran said:
Lol we are still waiting for the sub and you are asking about the dub?I am sorry to say that but dubbing of movie might take more than 3 years.

3 years wtf bro? They dubbedb the show in like 1 year. So the movie will also be dubbed in like 1 year

Jun 7, 2013 5:20 AM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

2cool4fun said:
Auxoran said:

3 years wtf bro? They dubbedb the show in like 1 year. So the movie will also be dubbed in like 1 year

No. Movies are different from a series. It'll definitely take more time to get a dub and also getting the owning rights to sell said movie will take even more time too, I bet.

mangavalk said:
i am still wating for the sub version T_T
does it really take so long to sub a movie? :(

Lol. There's not even a raw up. Also an actual proper release of any movie takes over 6 months sometimes longer.

Jun 7, 2013 1:02 PM

Tyrel said:

No. Movies are different from a series. It'll definitely take more time to get a dub and also getting the owning rights to sell said movie will take even more time too, I bet.

Thats where your wrong, Movies do get dub in a year and FYI, Funimation already have the licenses of Steins Gate, so yep in about a year after DVD release for dub and about 4 months for the dvd to come out

Jun 11, 2013 3:24 AM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

CEMPUNK said:
Tyrel said:

Thats where your wrong, Movies do get dub in a year and FYI, Funimation already have the licenses of Steins Gate, so yep in about a year after DVD release for dub and about 4 months for the dvd to come out

License for Steins;gate, but what about its movie? Just because you get a license for Steins;gate doesn't mean they have a contract for the Movie attached to said contract.

Jun 11, 2013 3:44 AM

Who cares about the dub? It's gonna take ages for something like that to release anyway.

Jun 25, 2013 1:03 PM

Why are all of you stating that the subs are better incapable of logical thought? I thought the dub was VERY good. The voice acting was perfect and without it, I wouldn't have loved the anime as much as I did, but that's not the point I want to make... If English is your native language, and you speak English better than Japanese or don't speak Japanese at all, you want to be able to hear English and watch what's happening on the screen. When you're watching subbed, you have to constantly focus your eyes at the bottom of the screen. It just isn't practical.
Is a person's destiny like a cloud moving with an inescapable flow, or can a person choose the flow he wishes?... I still don't know the answer to this. Either way, the destination may be the same in the end. However, by choosing to live like the latter, a person can live and strive towards a goal. I have finally understood those who have that are truly strong. I have but one goal; I want to become stronger... Enough not to lose to anyone. - Neji Hyuuga

Jun 25, 2013 1:36 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:

It's just you.

Agreed. That one infamous scene in particular (everyone should know what I am talking about) was absolutely terrible English dubbed, while the same thing subbed which I first saw in Gigguks review of SG is what got me watching it in the first place. While I don't actually find the dub to be particularly bad other than that one scene, the sub was far better with Okabe's godly voice and Mayuri's tuturu!

Jun 28, 2013 11:23 PM
I know how you feel. I'm willing to bide my time and wait until it's dubbed.

Jun 29, 2013 11:20 PM

I don't care about a dub, I just want Funimation to release it so I can buy it in the US. :/

Jul 4, 2013 10:53 AM

Lol who watches dub...unless it's for Goku (shivers)

Jul 4, 2013 9:58 PM

Srapture said:
If English is your native language, and you speak English better than Japanese or don't speak Japanese at all, you want to be able to hear English and watch what's happening on the screen. When you're watching subbed, you have to constantly focus your eyes at the bottom of the screen. It just isn't practical.

Nowadays we have the option to watch it in anyway we want if you enjoy the dub more then thats perfectly fine I personally enjoy listening to Movies and or Anime in their original language as something always gets lost in the translation.
"------and she said.
If you accept everything, you won't be hurt. Everything you disagree with, everything you hate, and everything you can't acknowledge. If you can accept them without resisting, then you won't be hurt. If you deny everything, you will be hurt. Everything you agree with, everything you like, and everything you can acknowledge. If you can only deny it, then you'll be hurt."

Jul 5, 2013 9:52 PM

_retro_reactive said:

lmao i could not agree more, what were they thinking having a 76 year old woman do the voice of a legendary warrior...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Jul 13, 2013 1:10 PM

Or
IntroverTurtle said:
scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:

It's just you.

Or just you. If you like subs better you like subs, doesn't make the dub bad.

Aug 10, 2013 9:33 AM

We are not going to see a sub until December when the DvD comes out.

Aug 10, 2013 8:01 PM

dodoberry said:
Fuuuuhahahahaha

Sep 11, 2013 6:01 PM

I can't imagine Funimation NOT licensing this, so I'm looking forward to the dub.
This is turning into another senseless sub vs dub thread, so I'll rather not take part of it just because I love the dub.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews

Sep 11, 2013 6:07 PM

The dub for the series was awesome and I expect no less from the movie. As of right now there is no news on when it can be expected.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL

Sep 11, 2013 6:10 PM

MiniSiets said:
The dub for the series was awesome and I expect no less from the movie. As of right now there is no news on when it can be expected.

People hating a dub with J. MICHEAL TATUM as Okabe, the same person who played Isaac from Baccano, is preposterous. Not to say the Japanese version is bad, as it is also excellent.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Sep 16, 2013 9:35 PM
I'd just like to say one thing here. I haven't seen the movie yet, but probably the biggest thing I've seen praise for so far is the voice acting, especially for Asami Imai (Kurisu). It seems that in the movie she outdid Miyano!

So, this is just my opinion, but it's sounding like the movie is gonna be one of those things where you have to at least watch the sub.

Sep 17, 2013 8:17 AM

Link0306 said:
I'd just like to say one thing here. I haven't seen the movie yet, but probably the biggest thing I've seen praise for so far is the voice acting, especially for Asami Imai (Kurisu). It seems that in the movie she outdid Miyano!

So, this is just my opinion, but it's sounding like the movie is gonna be one of those things where you have to at least watch the sub.

What I'm planning to do is watch it subbed the second it becomes available for streaming, then rewatch it dubbed (assuming that it'll become liscenced)
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Sep 25, 2013 1:42 PM

StillSwingin007 said:
Link0306 said:

What I'm planning to do is watch it subbed the second it becomes available for streaming, then rewatch it dubbed (assuming that it'll become liscenced)

Oh it'll be licensed. Tatum mentioned that almost EVERYONE at FUNi LOVED the show. in the That Anime Show podcast

Sep 25, 2013 4:10 PM

Vucker said:
StillSwingin007 said:
Link0306 said:

Oh it'll be licensed. Tatum mentioned that almost EVERYONE at FUNi LOVED the show. in the That Anime Show podcast

That's great to hear! And it's no surprise, really, considering the hype (well deserved hype) of this show.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Sep 30, 2013 6:59 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
IntroverTurtle said:
scweebal said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
RandomPerson3 said:

It's just you.

Agreed. That one infamous scene in particular (everyone should know what I am talking about) was absolutely terrible English dubbed, while the same thing subbed which I first saw in Gigguks review of SG is what got me watching it in the first place. While I don't actually find the dub to be particularly bad other than that one scene, the sub was far better with Okabe's godly voice and Mayuri's tuturu!

you cant judge a dub for 1 scene being not to your liking. objectively that was a very clever way of translating the concept into english. i personally preferred the sub but if you can say with a straight face that the dub is bad then you do not know how to judge a dub so i will tell you. the way you judge a dub is not by comparing the dub to the sub but by looking at each one independently and thinking would i be satisfied by this if i hadnt seen the other one and the dub passes that test with flying colours.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Oct 6, 2013 3:05 PM

Agreed. That one infamous scene in particular (everyone should know what I am talking about) was absolutely terrible English dubbed,
Word to ya mother? =P

scweebal said:
_retro_reactive said:

lmao i could not agree more, what were they thinking having a 76 year old woman do the voice of a legendary warrior...
O_O WHAT?!

Oct 9, 2013 1:12 PM
Don't want to say that it will happen but we could easily get the dubbed version in a year. I mean look at SAO (sword art online) 6 months after the series finished and the dubbed version was already on tv. By the end of this year the diubbed version should be in sync with the Japanese release of SAO and it wasn't even that popular. Where as steins gate managed to become one of the most popular series in anime in just a year, up there with shows like clannad, funimation will rush to get this out just because of its emence popularity in the US and UK. So yeah, I predict we will get the dub in no more than 18 months, if that!

Oct 10, 2013 10:01 PM

;w; All you guys getting into an argument over which one is better subbed or dubbed when the OP simply wants to know if there is any info on IF its going to be dubbed.. Seriously.

Oct 21, 2013 10:19 PM

giraffesyo said:
;w; All you guys getting into an argument over which one is better subbed or dubbed when the OP simply wants to know if there is any info on IF its going to be dubbed.. Seriously.

ha i think that questions ended when we found it was a long time till subs even..which is december 13th!!!! buut ya im sure someone will do the dubs soon...funny you say that tho...
people need to realize its all opinionated. I watch an episode of each and decide from there whats better.

Oct 22, 2013 10:54 PM

giraffesyo said:

Sadly, it's an annoying cycle that will forever be repeated at the mere mention of the word "dub".

Dec 4, 2013 7:43 PM
Safster1999 said:
Its better to watch Steins;Gate subbed anyway dude.So just wait for the subbed and forget abt them dubbed!
Quite honestly I like both the dub and the sub equally. Each performance have a unique charm to them imo. So I think there is no "wrong choice" here.

Dec 4, 2013 8:29 PM

You wanna argue sub/dub? Go here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=294747&show=0
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 5, 2013 7:06 PM

I hope they at least announce a dub soon here. With the sub coming out the 13th officially it sounds possible

Dec 5, 2013 8:27 PM

scweebal said:
I hope they at least announce a dub soon here. With the sub coming out the 13th officially it sounds possible

Funimation loved Steins;Gate. They'll definitely pick it up. When, I don't know. But it'll happen, and if it doesn't, I'll be very surprised.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 14, 2013 6:40 PM

The dub of Steins;Gate is probably the best dubbed I have heard. It's extremely well done. I SINCERELY hope it gets dubbed with the same VA's.

Dec 14, 2013 7:50 PM

Subs no question because the English version would lack Miyano Mamoru.

You are doing humanity an injustice if you choose to listen to Okabe Rintarou voiced by someone else.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »