Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2013 11:00 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay....that was a bad episode all the way around. I got nothing else.
Jan 27, 2021 1:57 PM
Dec 2019
I mean... I guess in theory it wouldn't be that bad. It's similar to that Ghost in the Shell episode where they thought the tank was going back to kill his parents, and that was alright. But they tried to sell the twist too much that it ended up not making much sense and breaking any of the emotional catharsis they were aiming for. Because he was unambiguously angry and bloodthirsty before the twist. Also it was clearly more than just not communicating. A lot of people including myself have fathers that don't explicitly say what they feel but their actions say a lot. So this guy was just a deadbeat dad, not just one who didn't know how to communicate.

The kids also act like they were saints for coming out to get their dad but they were the assholes for letting their 50 year old dad trek out in a wasteland by himself.
Aug 8, 2022 4:57 PM

Jun 2010
Dolores sure gave herself an impressive bosom in her multi-James dream sequence.

The one-off plot with Issac and Sean was a bit cheesy but I like that it's tied into the show's main theme of a father's bond with his children and Isaac's error raising his son being shallow positivity was somewhat interesting. It was OK.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I Episode 26 Discussion

WolfWood37 - May 27, 2013

4 by Fronzel »»
Aug 18, 2022 5:17 PM

Poll: » Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I Episode 24 Discussion

1 by Fronzel »»
Aug 16, 2022 9:47 PM

Poll: » Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I Episode 23 Discussion

1 by Fronzel »»
Aug 16, 2022 6:47 PM

Poll: » Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I Episode 22 Discussion

WolfWood37 - May 26, 2013

1 by Fronzel »»
Aug 15, 2022 9:42 PM

Poll: » Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I Episode 21 Discussion

WolfWood37 - May 26, 2013

1 by Fronzel »»
Aug 14, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.