Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 24, 2013 6:21 AM

Nov 2012
Tokishima, Haruto what a loser...

May 24, 2013 6:32 AM

Nov 2007
I have a random theory regarding Shoko. She maybe an undead already, just that no one (even herself) is aware of.

1. She actually died while trying to save Kibukawa and became an undead. There may not have been an external injury, she might have had an internal injury from the impact that killed her.
2. Since she is the daughter of the JIOR Premium. They might have used her as a Valvrave test subject, let's assume when she was really young. So chances are she may not even know herself. The way this anime has been going, I won't strike that off, considering the fact that it already happened with a certain protagonist in a certain Sunrise mecha anime. (if you know which anime I am talking about, it's all good. No point spoiling others, but it happened.)
3. I think the first death triggers someone to became an undead after being injected by Valvrave. That would explain why she has been growing up like the rest of the people (as she did age) in case she was a test subject when she was really young. This explains for Saki not aging after 200 years (which leads me to believe Saki will die at some point to become an undead, too).

I could be wrong though. ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 24, 2013 6:34 AM

Feb 2011
Hmmm that girl was kawaii , too bad she died . And nice ED song.
May 24, 2013 6:40 AM

Apr 2011
No Aina died :c
I really liked her but I figured out she would die because they foucused too much on her this episode.

Oh and 200 years in the future?I didn't expect that.Let's see what happens.

Eru-Erufu still badass.
Makise11May 24, 2013 7:14 AM
May 24, 2013 6:45 AM

Dec 2012
shanimebib said:
I have a random theory regarding Shoko. She maybe an undead already, just that no one (even herself) is aware of.

1. She actually died while trying to save Kibukawa and became an undead. There may not have been an external injury, she might have had an internal injury from the impact that killed her.

That might be a stretch since injuries from explosion or hard impacts would cause external woods, considering how messed up Aina's body was :(. So even if Shouko had been an undead, blood would have covered her body after the crash like Haruto.

Of course, we cannot rule out this possibility. If Sunrise decided to go this route, they would show Shouko later looking back at her uniform to find a small hole caused by a sharp object that went through her body during the crash xD
May 24, 2013 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Marie isn't getting enough screentime.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 24, 2013 6:56 AM
Aug 2012
Well there goes another episode....a sad one at that. Aina's death was sad at least for me, she was cute and shy and still a very nice character who could comfort and accept Saki and Haruto when they needed it. She was one of the best girls around, i am going to miss her. But her death is going to provide some motivation for Haruto, Saki and Kyuma since they all liked her. At the very least, Shouko will have to realize that they can't go on happy-go-lucky forever.

So we get a flashback of 200 years later............really gives some stuff to think about. So there are seven Valvraves as the enemy mentioned the Golden 7. I am guessing L-elf pilots one of those 2 mysterious/unknown Valvraves later on. Since Kyuma is going to pilot one (Valvrave 5 most probably), it's Raizo's turn next if everything goes by the opening sequence.

NoSounds said:
Am I the only one who dislikes L-Elf?

Why Aina :(

Nope you are not the only one but we are in the minority. I don't even give a damn about what he does after the BS he pulled in episode 3. Either he can see the future or he came back from the future, he can't pull off those ridiculous stunts in any other way. Well at least he has some emotions, not a total freak at the very least when compared to Q-vier.

Well among the other characters, Raizo is starting to get my attention more. It will be awesome when he gets a Valvrave. The student council and the blonde are just dumb and useless as usual. Lastly, Saki is still the best girl and i will still ship HarutoXSaki no matter what. Looking forward to the next episode.

May 24, 2013 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
Is anyone else getting a strong 'Lelouch Vi Britannia' vibe from L-Elf? He's like an athletic version of Lelouch. It's mostly the cue-cards predicting the future that reminded me of him.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
May 24, 2013 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
ERU ERUFUUU~ make this show entertaining.

Well Aina's death is not surprising.. Her death flag is really visible.
May 24, 2013 7:36 AM

Jul 2008
JacobGrey93 said:
Is anyone else getting a strong 'Lelouch Vi Britannia' vibe from L-Elf? He's like an athletic version of Lelouch. It's mostly the cue-cards predicting the future that reminded me of him.

Lets see...
- incredibly intelligent as Lelouch? Check!
- born in an Imperialistic nation? Check!
- wants to cause a revolution and change his nation and the world? Check!
- betrayed his nation for the greater good of the world? Check!
- has a princess he holds dear and wants to protect? Check!
- has a Suzaku? Check!
- something happened that allowed him to achieve his revolutionary goal few years sooner? Check!

L-Elf was Lelouch to me since ep3.
May 24, 2013 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
Some additional facts from the novel version:
(not English-speaker so maybe full of grammar mistakes XDDDD)
小説
・基本的にアニメ1話からなぞる。冒頭の飯食い対決が噛みつき対決に変更
based on anime ep1, the eating competition changed to biting...

・入国管理官'珍しいですね転入生なんて''訳ありか適正の高い奴でも見つかったんだろ'という会話
Custom officers had some talks such as"Rare to see transfer students"“Maybe some eligible guys”

・ハムは自らの過ちを思い出して逆上したこと、かつて譲れないものを奪われてそれをいまだに取り返せてないことが悔しい
L-elf recalled mistakes of his own then up headed, he once had beloved things taken away and is regretting this till now.

・ホモはハムを自分のライバルで同時に唯一の友人だと思っていた。赤髪は生きてた白衣を簡単に死なせないよう足元から撃ち込んでいく
A-Drei thought L-Elf is both his opponent and only friend.Red haired guy shot the only survived researcher's ankle to make sure he was not gonna die soon.

・サキさんは幼い頃からテレビで子役を務め中学では女優に歌手と華しい活躍をしていたがなぜか活動を一切休止して入学してきた
Saki has been a child star since very young, then became a quite active actress and singer during junior school. But later she suddenly stopped acting and went to high school with an unknown reason.

・ハムはあらかじめに乗れるのは適正者のみと上官に聞いていた
L-Elf later heard that "VVVs' pilots can only be eligible guys" from his boss.

・地下室の白衣のパイロットは上にいくらでもいる発言
The researcher underground said"Pilots are plenty up there"

・ニンゲンヤメマスカには気づいてたけど意味不明で不気味だったからわざと無視してレバガチャしてたんです。本当です
Haruto noticed the question“Are you going to give up being human”, yet he didn't know its meaning while feeling terrified, so he ignored the notice and turned to controller.

・注射によりロボットの動かし方戦い方という名前が流れ込んできたんです
By injection, the name of VVV, how to control and how to combat is uploaded to you.

・ワイヤードは量子もつれ状態がなんとかでかんとかな現象を利用した超光速通信技術を使ったSNS
Wired is an superluminal communicating SNS based upon some quantum phenomenon.

・書き込まれた言語を自動で使用者個人が設定している言語に翻訳する
Tweets can be automatically translate to the language which user set before.
May 24, 2013 7:56 AM

Sep 2011
Newmn84 said:
Plus, even if they put her into the Valvrave, injured pilots still need to recover from their wounds and the only way we've seen that happen so far is by having them switch bodies.

episode3 they cut Haruto's finger and it healed super quick

Pat_To_Do-List said:
NoSounds said:
Am I the only one who dislikes L-Elf?

Why Aina :(

I know! Why it has to be Aina? She is very kind girl. Well, at least she deserves a better death than that!

Uchihafan25 said:
My boy L-Elf saves this show man! He's easily the best character. Too bad about Aina though.....

Again . . . I know! Why it has to be her?

its because Okouchi Ichiro is a cruel bastard
May 24, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2008
Aina Sakurai - this is called to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway... I can't wait to see this "Light" girl! *.*
May 24, 2013 9:39 AM

May 2013
hodophilaxMay 24, 2013 9:42 AM
May 24, 2013 10:24 AM
May 2013
It is improving, I think that l-elf if you can handle a valvrave, by that do not pass anything with her body piloting =) even though he knew risks.../ I'm sad by Aina, but for some reason I prefer to wait another week to confirm her death / the girl with pink hair could be the sister of l-elf, perhaps? I don't see it as an interest loving sincerely...
May 24, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
Our first major death in the series huh...and for sure I don't think it'll be the last. Dammit, she was our only meganekko girl!!

The 200 year fast forward was interesting...makes me wonder what will happen to all the other characters...most likely an early death.

Still wondering who's the girl with neon-glowing hair.

Edit: I just noticed this, but if she was floating in zero-gravity, how is Kyuuma Inuzuka just standing there, and shouldn't moving the beam be a cinch too?
Estoy_GordoMay 24, 2013 11:18 AM
May 24, 2013 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
PhoenixIce said:
I love how Dorssia is Valvrave's Team Rocket.

Except that Team Rocket does not leave dead bodies behind...
May 24, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2010
That twin tail glasses girl would die was obvious from the first episode it was just a mater of how would she die.
The preview part was unnecessary tho might be a indicator for time skipping which might improve this anime some what.
What i disliked most about this episode was to much stereotypes the naive pacifist Haruto the stoic killer L-Elf the surprised raging friend D-Drei and the psychopathic egoistic Q-Fier all in all not very entertaining to watch.

Also have to mention the sexist part of only girls cooking we live in 2013 not in 1813!!
May 24, 2013 11:20 AM
Jan 2011
I officially hate L-elf, I hope his character dies.
May 24, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
Oh my god it's actually getting better.
May 24, 2013 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
I'm glad that Saki will live till the end ^^
May 24, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
Nasty001 said:
I officially hate L-elf, I hope his character dies.

Really? In fact, I think now he is the most interesting one because of the mysteries surrounding him..
Keep moving forward
May 24, 2013 12:28 PM
Aug 2011
This show entertains me for days.
May 24, 2013 12:39 PM
Nov 2007
Just noticed this when I was rewatching the ep.
KuemauricebackupMay 24, 2013 12:42 PM
May 24, 2013 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode
May 24, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2012
I think this episode all but confirmed the Saki x Haruto pairing. At least, I think so.

When Saki was in danger of being captured, killed... who did she call out to for help? Haruto!

That is, in my opinion, a *HUGE* flag for who Saki likes. Especially since Saki is also a "monster"... or perhaps now a "god", I don't think Haruto would hesitate like he would with Shoko (assuming Shoko doesn't become a pilot). As they are both space vampyres, I think Saki x Haruto is now inevitable. The OTP of Valvrave, if you will.
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.
May 24, 2013 1:35 PM
Apr 2013
Haizz, of course she will call Haruto at that time @@. He is the only who can save her and did save her last time.

I oppose sakixharuto, so typical and I feel sorry for shoko @@. Dislike triangle love. All of the 7 pilots will become immortal, saki is not the only one with Haruto :)
May 24, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
tenshimeow said:
Haizz, of course she will call Haruto at that time @@. He is the only who can save her and did save her last time.

I oppose sakixharuto, so typical and I feel sorry for shoko @@. Dislike triangle love. All of the 7 pilots will become immortal, saki is not the only one with Haruto :)

Shoko x Haruto is the typical crap. They get along too well for their relationship to pan out.

And Haruto wasn't anywhere near her that she knew of when she cried out Haruto's name. It was a desperate call for help in a time of dire circumstances. Whether you agree or not, her calling out to him raised a very large flag.

Nobody forced her to do so, Saki did it on her own... she could have been silent and accepted her fate... but nope. She cried out for her vampyre crush and he received her telepathic message.
styrMay 24, 2013 1:45 PM
May 24, 2013 1:47 PM
Aug 2012
styr said:
I think this episode all but confirmed the Saki x Haruto pairing. At least, I think so.

When Saki was in danger of being captured, killed... who did she call out to for help? Haruto!

That is, in my opinion, a *HUGE* flag for who Saki likes. Especially since Saki is also a "monster"... or perhaps now a "god", I don't think Haruto would hesitate like he would with Shoko (assuming Shoko doesn't become a pilot). As they are both space vampyres, I think Saki x Haruto is now inevitable. The OTP of Valvrave, if you will.

200% with you on this one!!!

May 24, 2013 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
styr said:

I've sensed that Saki likes Haruto since episode two by the way she keeps clinging to him. At first I thought she only does that because Haruto is popular after taking on the first Dorssia's invasion. But it turns out that she has been liking him for a while. I can't help but feel mad at how opportunistic she is by doing that right after Shouko was presumed dead. Ofc, one of the reasons why Saki wants to become a "monster" is to be similar to Haruto to take his love. She is a girl that will take what she wants by any means, a strong, but ruthless personality.

It's funny that Shouko does not seem jealous after Saki decleared her affection on Haruto. Shouko cannot be a foolish to think Saki is not serious, so Shouko is either too forgiving, or not liking Haruto enough.

Btw, I think Haruto is better with Shouko :)
May 24, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2008
You know what I really dislike in all these LT with childhood friend and new girl?
That the usually girl always win, and guy forget what kind of relationship he got with childhood friend and now new girl is more important.
Hate this, really...
here there is worse than in other animes because now since first episode
we know they like each other.

So, I don't really like this LT...
Also I don't like idea:
Sorry Shouko, I can't be with you, because now I monster,
so I will be with Saki, because she is like me.

Yeah, nice idea for romance. -.-
LittleStarMay 24, 2013 2:01 PM
May 24, 2013 2:01 PM
Aug 2012
ThangLong said:
styr said:

I've sensed that Saki likes Haruto since episode two by the way she keeps clinging to him. At first I thought she only does that because Haruto is popular after taking on the first Dorssia's invasion. But it turns out that she has been liking him for a while. I can't help but feel mad at how opportunistic she is by doing that right after Shouko was presumed dead. Ofc, one of the reasons why Saki wants to become a "monster" is to be similar to Haruto to take his love. She is a girl that will take what she wants by any means, a strong, but ruthless personality.

It's funny that Shouko does not seem jealous after Saki declared her affection on Haruto. Shouko cannot be a foolish to think Saki is not serious, so Shouko is either too forgiving, or not liking Haruto enough.

I think Shouko is just too naive to understand that. Also i disagree, Haruto is better without Shouko (at least in my opinion)...........he is too much dependent on her. But only time will tell............i wonder whose picture was in that locket Saki had???

May 24, 2013 2:25 PM

Oct 2011
That 200 year timeskip with Saki brings a lot of questions to mind. Golden 7? So there is a secret Valvrave then

I love the L-Elf scenes. Causing some panic with Shouko and friends XD.
Whoa damn L-Elf used Haruto as his meat shield when A-Drel shot him multiple times.
Everyone's prediction was correct. Aina died horribly because she followed Haruto and then A-Quer blew her up. TwT

So Haruto can still pilot his Valvrave even if he switch bodies. L-Elf is a prophet. He predicted the battle outcome. There must be some connection to Lisorette. Either Haruto was crying or L-Elf was( Since Haruto is in his body)

So that means Kyuuma will pilot the blue one because of Aina's death.
AnimeFan500May 24, 2013 2:29 PM
May 24, 2013 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I think Shouko is just too naive to understand that. Also i disagree, Haruto is better without Shouko (at least in my opinion)...........he is too much dependent on her. But only time will tell............i wonder whose picture was in that locket Saki had???

Shouko is not a naive person. She helps resolve some of the conflicts by her spontaneous but calculated actions. Here are some examples:

-The take clothes of scene (the only way to convince people at the time),
-The independent nation scene (very strategic move in my opinion. Her move even beat E-elf)
-The musical suggestion scene (minus that Jingle Bell part XD)
-The Saki gangbate scene (as someone who understands that Saki loves the spotlight)
-And recently the helping of Haruto against the student president scene (use her wit to take down the student president's claim on "democracy")

Shouko is a lot more intelligent than she appears to be. She put on that care-free face maybe to mask what she's actually thinking. You can also notice that she stops for half a second when Saki declares her affection toward Haruto; the same goes for subsequent interactions with Saki.

If you say Haruto is too much dependent on Shouko, wait until he and L-elf works together XD. It's nothing wrong for a couple to depend on each other.

The picture might be of Haruto :)
May 24, 2013 2:31 PM

Mar 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
That 200 year timeskip with Saki brings a lot of questions to mind. Golden 7? So there is a secret Valvrave then

I love the L-Elf scenes. Casusing some panic with Shouko and friends XD.
Whoa damn L-Elf used Haruto as his meat shield when A-Drel shot him multiple times
Everyone's prediction was correct. Aina died horribly because she followed Haruto and then A-Quer blew her up. TwT

So Haruto can still pilot his Valvrave even if he switch bodies. L-Elf is a prophet. He predicted the battle outcome. There must be some connection to Lisorette. Either Haruto was crying or L-Elf was( Since Haruto is in his body)

I also think Aina's last words to Haruto will be *very* important later on. She planted the seed in Haruto's mind that he is NOT a "monster" but is rather a "GOD"!

I don't think it will matter much during this first cour, but in the second cour? I think it will play a humongous role on how Haruto reacts when shit hits the fan - and it WILL - but only time will tell...
May 24, 2013 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
ThangLong said:
It's funny that Shouko does not seem jealous after Saki decleared her affection on Haruto. Shouko cannot be a foolish to think Saki is not serious, so Shouko is either too forgiving, or not liking Haruto enough.

Sorry, I forgot: when did Saki declare her affection toward Haruto..? Was it episode 6 at the shrine?

And I think Shoko x Haruto is a very nice relationship in a "pure love" way, and is something I would root for in a shoujo series... but since this is a mecha life-and-death series I think Saki would make more sense. Saki and Haruto are already a 'sort-of' battle couple, fighting together and helping each other out when the other is in danger...

Meanwhile Shoko is being sidelined =/

I actually like both girls a lot, I just think they fit Haruto in "different" situations.
May 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
styr said:

I don't think it will matter much during this first cour, but in the second cour? I think it will play a humongous role on how Haruto reacts when shit hits the fan - and it WILL - but only time will tell...

Agree, that entirely change his perception. "Monster" and "God" are just two sides of a coin for people with superpower. They can either do good or bad deeds using their abilities. Aina's "inception" turns Haruto's toward greater appreciation of himself. Obviously, perceiving he can be "god" with his power, Haruto are more willing to help L-elf, and even becoming more ruthless.

Has anyone notice VVV-tan only appears on Haruto's Red VVV? That's a clue he is a notch above other pilots even though they can all be vampires now. The extend of this power is unknown.

Edit: I just remember that Red VVV has the heat capacity of 666, while to Saki's Green one has only 100. So that means Red can take more damage and can go berserk at 666.
ThangLongMay 24, 2013 3:03 PM
May 24, 2013 2:44 PM

Oct 2011
styr said:
AnimeFan500 said:

I love the L-Elf scenes. Casusing some panic with Shouko and friends XD.
Whoa damn L-Elf used Haruto as his meat shield when A-Drel shot him multiple times

I also think Aina's last words to Haruto will be *very* important later on. She planted the seed in Haruto's mind that he is NOT a "monster" but is rather a "GOD"!

Agree. Since he will be a savior to everyone or follow GC way. When Shu went crazy after a certain person's death. But maybe after if Haruto does go crazy then he will be back to himself.
May 24, 2013 2:56 PM

Dec 2012
styr said:

Sorry, I forgot: when did Saki declare her affection toward Haruto..? Was it episode 6 at the shrine?

yea, as if any girl would fail to recognize Saki's intention XD
May 24, 2013 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
ThangLong said:
Has anyone notice VVV-tan only appears on Haruto's Red VVV? That's a clue he is a notch above other pilots even though they can all be vampires now. The extend of this power is unknown.

This might be important later on too... but we've only seen Saki activating a VVV so maybe it is just a crap conspiracy....

But... Haruto's VVV unit was the only one with a 'TOS' (terms of service) that came up. Like I said above, we've only seen Saki activate her VVV and they didn't show her accepting a TOS (only the 'forfeit humanity' thing which IS NOT the same!) so I hope when Kyuuma activates the blue VVV we will get a definitive answer: do the other VVV's have the TOS... or not?

Here's the TOS (translated) for those who are interested:

It appeared in episode 1 after Haruto "resigned as a human being" and immediately before the VVV-1 injected him with vampire nanomachines.
May 24, 2013 3:53 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode. Interesting that people can still pilot the valvrave with a different body. There is something extremely addictive about this anime. I've ended up watching episodes again. Lol, Haruto's a weapon and shield for L-elf, the way L-elf just grabbed him to use him as a shield then ignored him after until it was necessary. Kinda felt bad for Haruto, despite the immortality thing, getting shot a few times then caught in an explosion. That's what I call a bad day.
May 24, 2013 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
What the fuck was that 200 years in the future part??? And I guess L-Elf really can predict the future to such a degree that he can plan the course an entire country has to take in order to survive.

Man this show rules.
May 24, 2013 4:28 PM
Oct 2010
why didnt haruto just shot elf and the pirate. jesus fuck i mean dude your fucking invincible and elf just took you hostage and his pirate friend pretty much put you where you are. christ. and then he didnt kill that other faggot in space i mean come the fuck on (╯°□°)╯︵ ugh i cant wait for this series to be over. i can never bring myself to drop anything
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 24, 2013 4:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GensoAsch said:
I thought that Aina would be one of the Valvrave pilot...

Maybe she will ressurect, everything is possible. It's possible that before the explosion she went into one of the Valvrave, got the immortality thing and she will ressurect in the next episode o/

Yeah I actually thought of this too since she looked like she was determined to do something when she saw the bickering (lol) between A-drei, L-elf, and Haruto. But if she's really dead...D: I liked her more than Saki and Shouko...

This episode was actually pretty good, no wtf moments at least. After two weeks, L-elf finally gets more screen time! I'm a little surprised at how much A-drei wants L-elf back, even after being shot in the eye by him. Q-vier is bloodthirsty as always. Btw, loving the new ED, the "boku janai" was repeated too much in the previous ED which made me get sick of the song pretty fast. I wonder why they changed the ED already though?
May 24, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2010
neontaster said:
What the fuck was that 200 years in the future part??? And I guess L-Elf really can predict the future to such a degree that he can plan the course an entire country has to take in order to survive.

Man this show rules.

200 years into the future they are still fighting. Luckily the valvrave grants immortality I suppose. Insignia isn't the one on the dorussian ships now so it's probably some new faction or ARUS. At first I thought it might be that one dude who has a scar on his face but then I realized they don't have it over the same eye.
May 24, 2013 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
skudoops said:
neontaster said:

Man this show rules.

200 years into the future they are still fighting. Luckily the valvrave grants immortality I suppose. Insignia isn't the one on the dorussian ships now so it's probably some new faction or ARUS. At first I thought it might be that one dude who has a scar on his face but then I realized they don't have it over the same eye.

Yeah I got all that, I just mean that it has to relate to the story somehow and I wasn't expecting it to span that kind of time period.

EDIT: Just watched that scene again and it made way more sense. Saki's Valvrave was way overheated and she says to herself: "So that's the limit" - meaning she was remembering the events that occur later in the episode where her Valvrave heats up. In the beginning she cools it off by cracking open some kind of containers with water or some other coolant. The enemy mech is clearly an evolution of the more primitive Dorssian mecha from the "present." I did a screen grab of the emblem on it and I'll clean it up and post it later.
neontasterMay 24, 2013 5:10 PM
May 24, 2013 5:38 PM
Oct 2010
Darkshadow1991 said:
Just noticed this when I was rewatching the ep.

I suppose that latter is from CR?
May 24, 2013 5:44 PM
Oct 2010
neontaster said:
skudoops said:
neontaster said:

Man this show rules.

Yeah I got all that, I just mean that it has to relate to the story somehow and I wasn't expecting it to span that kind of time period.

EDIT: Just watched that scene again and it made way more sense. Saki's Valvrave was way overheated and she says to herself: "So that's the limit" - meaning she was remembering the events that occur later in the episode where her Valvrave heats up. In the beginning she cools it off by cracking open some kind of containers with water or some other coolant. The enemy mech is clearly an evolution of the more primitive Dorssian mecha from the "present." I did a screen grab of the emblem on it and I'll clean it up and post it later.

That does make a bit more sense. TBH I'm still convinced of this show, far from it actually, but I'm hoping it can take a hilarious first few episode and turn things around. This show honestly reminds me of Blood C alot with the way things are happening, it's not near as bad but as a fan of sunrise in general, I can't help but being more pissed off at this.

The most annoying part for me is that the show actually has alot of potential, and adopting a better approach would have made it alot more enjoyable. Sorry for the rant but I just had to get that off my chest again lol.
May 24, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2012
Well the only thing that was surprising this episode was the timeskip, the rest was keikaku doori. Seriously nothing surprising at all except for those first few minutes.

It was still enjoyable, though.

And I must admit I paused the video just as the OP started and exclaimed out loud "what. the. flying. fuck."
Kellhus said:

GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
May 24, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2011
Here is the emblem on the Future Dorssian mecha. I tried to sharpen it because there is text there but I still can't read it. It's in a Gothic/Germanic type font. Anyone in this thread Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.