Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Karneval
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2013 1:30 PM
Aug 2011
Oh Yogi. I could just watch him forever.
May 25, 2013 3:03 PM

Sep 2011
soooooooooo cuuuuuuuuutte <3 <3 <3 best episode !!!!!!!!
May 25, 2013 4:58 PM

Jul 2009
Silver!Yogi finally made his appearance! It was short but worth watching. Overall really nice episode. Can't wait for the next week.

Orulyon said:
But Mamoru Miyano is EXCELLENT. His screams are always the best, they make me shiver.

^ My exact thoughts. His laughter is the best as well ;)

May 26, 2013 2:23 AM

May 2010
Yogi 's split personalty is awesome.
May 26, 2013 5:52 AM
Dec 2012
LOL Yukki is so adorable.

Yogi seems S.
May 26, 2013 6:13 AM

Aug 2012
Dat ending.
May 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Feb 2013
While the plot of this series is still elusive and not very fleshed out. I enjoyed this episode more than the previous ones. Yukin and Nai were adorable. Tsukumo was okay, but Yegi was the showcase of this episode and boy does he show out. So I'm guessing he has an ultra powerful secondary personality that's controlled by the patch on his face? Similar to Kyo from Fruits Basket.

I also have a question. I never noticed it before but Hirato and Gareki have the same hair and eyes and countenance even though Hirato smiles a little more and is older. Are those two biologically related? Gareki doesn't state much about his real family other than that they sold him as a child. I would be surprised if the two were brothers or something and only Hirato knows it.

Good episode, I give it a 7.85/10.
May 26, 2013 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
Orulyon said:
Lyyu said:
Nasty001 said:
EEEEWWWWW, Is Yogi having feelings for Gareki?

I reeeeaaaally want that, but I think it's not going to happen :/

Go to tumblr and search for "yoreki". You'll be loved, there is a huge fandom;) me included

And me

Yoogiiiiiii ;___; Stahp right now. Ughdfaksdf. This is the part I've been waiting for for so long. I didn't think they'd actually cover it in the anime but the anime's moving really fast so it looks like they did.

Is it possible that they'll get to Yogi's past arc? I mean, with this speed, we're already at like what, 42 chapters? I've said this so many times on these forums and I don't even care I just want Yogi's past arc ;___; it'll leave me depressed forever but I don't even care I just Yogi ;__;

Also, Yukkin was adorable as fuck. He's also always reminded me of a Pokemon.
LaciieMay 26, 2013 5:25 PM
May 27, 2013 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
SKDJALKSJDLSKJSLKDJADl DEM FEEELS

May 27, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
Orulyon said:
Lyyu said:
Nasty001 said:

Go to tumblr and search for "yoreki". You'll be loved, there is a huge fandom;) me included

And me

Yoogiiiiiii ;___; Stahp right now. Ughdfaksdf. This is the part I've been waiting for for so long. I didn't think they'd actually cover it in the anime but the anime's moving really fast so it looks like they did.

Is it possible that they'll get to Yogi's past arc? I mean, with this speed, we're already at like what, 42 chapters? I've said this so many times on these forums and I don't even care I just want Yogi's past arc ;___; it'll leave me depressed forever but I don't even care I just Yogi ;__;

YOREKI IS LOVED

No. This episode covers chapter 18 in the manga. With 12 episodes, they won´t animate more than 25 chapters. Yogi´s arc/Silver Yogi starts at chapter 60. Impossible to animate that unless they had 26 episodes.

Irenesharda said:
So I'm guessing he has an ultra powerful secondary personality that's controlled by the patch on his face? Similar to Kyo from Fruits Basket.

I also have a question. I never noticed it before but Hirato and Gareki have the same hair and eyes and countenance even though Hirato smiles a little more and is older. Are those two biologically related?

Allow me to say that Kyo is one of my top anime/manga boys, he is so sad, but
, I would compare Yogi a little bit more to Momiji too, due the fact that both are childish blondies who are always kind and joyful but
About your question, no, Hirato is not blood related to Gareki (until now that is).

Now GIVE MORE SILVER YOGI AND HIRATSU. my other otp

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 28, 2013 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
Orulyon said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Orulyon said:
Lyyu said:
Nasty001 said:

And me

YOREKI IS LOVED

No. This episode covers chapter 18 in the manga. With 12 episodes, they won´t animate more than 25 chapters. Yogi´s arc/Silver Yogi starts at chapter 60. Impossible to animate that unless they had 26 episodes.

Oh, really? Must have gotten my chapters mixed up then, huh. Well, makes sense since I haven't read Karneval in so long. ;__;

Is a second season too much to ask for...?
May 29, 2013 12:38 AM
Mar 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:

If the anime sells well, it will get a second season.
Currently, the first volume is projected to sell 4.5-5k. That may not be superfabulous sales but considering that most shoujo anime nowadays sell less than 2k, that's a lot. And the second volume which will be released in the end of June is currently projected to sell 3k. But the sales for it are steadily rising so it may also sell 4k or so. Which is not bad at all.

The manga went from not ranking on the Manga Best Sellers list(literally, less than 15k to 60k first week. It probably added 10-15k for it's second week.) So I'd say it's not a HUGE boost like KuroBasu but a good boost all the same.

The rest is up to Ichijinsha.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 29, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2013
Cute things that appeared:
Yukkin, the warm snowman!
Nai as a Niji!
Snow sculptures made by Tsukumo!

Gareki X Yogi!!
Nai X Tsukumo!! (Nai with any girl)

The two new Varuga, Kagiri and Kiharu, are better looking compared to the previous ones.

Yogi with silver hair! Could this be another personality with some deep meaning behind it?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 29, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2008
Well now, is Yogi a Kenpachi or something?
May 30, 2013 7:59 AM
Aug 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Well now, is Yogi a Kenpachi or something?

You really want an answer?

phoenixalia said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

If the anime sells well, it will get a second season.
Currently, the first volume is projected to sell 4.5-5k. That may not be superfabulous sales but considering that most shoujo anime nowadays sell less than 2k, that's a lot. And the second volume which will be released in the end of June is currently projected to sell 3k. But the sales for it are steadily rising so it may also sell 4k or so. Which is not bad at all.

The manga went from not ranking on the Manga Best Sellers list(literally, less than 15k to 60k first week. It probably added 10-15k for it's second week.) So I'd say it's not a HUGE boost like KuroBasu but a good boost all the same.

The rest is up to Ichijinsha.

Whats the source for this info and can you please keep us posted with the dvd sales? I'm really interested if could get a second season. What were the sales of shojo like ay, Uta no Prince 100% etc who got a second season?
KarshiMay 30, 2013 8:45 AM
May 30, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2011
Oh snap Yogi's going on a rampage. Awesome.
May 31, 2013 2:18 AM

Oct 2012
I liked the action in the ep. It kept me entertained most of the time unlike the others.
My OTP~

also can anyone summarise all the previous eps for me? I forgot nearly everything. xD
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 1, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang , Yogi gone berserk ;o Looked kind of badass . This series would've been so much better with more fights like this one.

Sadly I have to agree I was expecting more fights. Not that I don't still enjoy watching this anime. Hopefully he gets to go on a rampage before somebody stops him.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 3, 2013 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
Silver-haired Yogi appears!
Yukkin is so adorable. ♥
Jun 4, 2013 10:49 AM
Mar 2010
Karshi said:

Whats the source for this info and can you please keep us posted with the dvd sales? I'm really interested if could get a second season. What were the sales of shojo like ay, Uta no Prince 100% etc who got a second season?

I've posted a comment on your profile replying to this question as it derails off the topic. Check your profile. And sure, I'd be glad to keep you updated.

Karneval volume 1 DVD/BD went on sales on May 28th and till June 2 is 7.3k. That's very good sales. It might add 1k more next week.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 10, 2013 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Yogi at the end... omnomnom
Jun 20, 2013 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
I tought that Yogi was karoku or something after loking that hair, glad i was wrong,,,
Saa,, Pairings assemble!!
Jun 29, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2009
Omg!!! YOGI!!!!!!!! That scream! ^^

Nasty001 said:

LOL! It's very obvious that it's not :P
You're just imagining things. XD
Jun 29, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
apparently said:
SILVER!!!!

and shh, i secretly kinda ship tsukumo and nai haha <:

Me too, XD
Jun 29, 2013 9:51 AM

Apr 2010
Oh. My. God.
Yogi.
Yogi.
Yoooooogggiiii.
A part of me really wanted him to man up and fight seriously- but this, exceeded my expectations. I. Love. It.
Jul 3, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty predictable but very entertaining nonetheless.
For some reason I almost always like shoujo better than shounen, must be because of actual character development and stuff. Random, brainless action is not my thing lol.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 18, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
Omg a silver yogi?! My jaw dropped at his weird battle scream thing omg, can't wait to see what he does in the next episode! I should've finished reading the manga to see what happens next ahaha

AND YUKKI IS SO KAWAII I WANNA CRY WHY CAN'T HE BE REAL AWWW
Jul 18, 2013 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
Nasty001 said:

ugh, not like that -.-
Jul 18, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
Omg, Silver Yogi was AMAZING! it pained me so much to see him get so hurt by Gareki though :c

Yukiin is asdfghjk-ing kawaii <3!!
Jul 25, 2013 10:10 AM

May 2013
Uwaahhh, dark Yogi-tan :O

Them tears doe ;A; poor bby
Aug 11, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2012
Yukkin is going to fuck shit up!

No serious he's damn cute!

So a sticker on his cheek prevented his inner extreme powerful fuckedup self? Pretty interesting character development!
Aug 17, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
Boba_Fett said:
Yukkin is going to fuck shit up!

No serious he's damn cute!

So a sticker on his cheek prevented his inner extreme powerful fuckedup self? Pretty interesting character development!

I noticed that too.

Its not sticker, its band aid. Yup, interesting
Dec 1, 2013 3:28 AM

Jun 2013
NICE ENTRANCE, SILVER YOGI
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I'm creepy, aren't I? xD
Jan 12, 2014 6:23 AM

Sep 2009
woaahhh I knew YOGI is yandere :3

(my fujoshi side is kicking walls with fangirling - Gareki *TSUNDERE x Yogi* YANDERE waaaaaaa)

ok, now back to episode review. great going of story and revealing of Yogi's character *o* and those two are intriguing,. and that box ..

many questions x.x
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
May 5, 2014 11:39 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, so Yogi did turn out to be really similar to Shinomiya Natsuki like I thought when he was first introduced. Split personality and all, haha.

Wait, no Karuko didn't kill Tsukumo-chan, did he? Ehhh?! I hope not. That would suck.

Pretty intense episode. I guess Karuko is on the "evil" side, but I dunno what to think about him. Will he turn out to be a hate-able, overpossessive freak or be a nice guy that's just always looking out for Nai? This anime is getting better by the episode lol.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Aug 10, 2014 10:39 PM

Jul 2014
Yay yay!! Insane Yogi! He's now my favorite, except even more favorable XD
Mar 26, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
WOWOWOWOWOW SILVER YOGI!!!!
Jul 28, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
I thought that blue haired bad boy was hot, red haired one might have been if you could see his eyes.

Is Silver Yogi what he's called? lol. I didn't really expect that crazy transformation. He's like schizo.

I think they have pretty eyes too.

The little snowman was kinda cute like Olaf from Frozen lol.

I can't tell, but it almost seems like Yogi is in love with Gareki lol.
Aug 18, 2016 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
I'm in shock 'cause I didn't read the manga so I don't understand what is going on with my Yogi. ;-; I'm so curious and now go to watch antother episode and then start to read the manga ofc.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Mar 21, 2021 10:18 AM

Jun 2016
A snow focused episode, made me feel cold just watching it. I like how Gareki and Nai are both experiencing that type of climate for the first time. What's going to happen with Yogi? I'm interested in finding out. Last ep might have been filler, but I enjoyed it over this ep. The action scenes, and the art at points looked off.

Highlight: Yogi's sudden transformation/rampage
Ep Score: 2/5

Jun 14, 2023 4:40 PM
Mar 2023
How come they always end on these critical moments and play the super happy go lucky ed as if nothing happened😭😭
                                 cacagorilla will take over
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

120 by senekohan »»
Sep 24, 2022 10:37 AM

» Possibe Season 2 (considered)

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2013

12 by FurkanTurin12 »»
Aug 2, 2022 7:30 AM

» Karneval, why u no have season 2?!

Kitty-Kate - May 9, 2019

5 by Femuwu »»
May 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

60 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:38 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

54 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.