Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 23, 2013 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even know what to say! I didn't read it, just looked at the spoilers. Yeah and stuff, We got rooked, and I don't care what fandom you are! Hino needs to just draw, she can actually do that...
May 23, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
I am still completely like "wtf with this ending!"
Was not expecting Yuuki having children... and, the girl is Kaname's child? Did I understand it right? 'Cause she said "to my other father" ??? wtf?
And Kaname living again but as human... I always liked Kaname very much. It was cool of Yuuki giving Kaname a new life without the pain he always had to endure. But why?

Was Hino-san and her team on acids?
May 23, 2013 8:29 PM

Jan 2013
mixordia said:
Yuuki = slut.

Totally agreed with that one and the other replies and reviews.

Wtf is Hino sensei event thinking ??? I was like fu*k when I figured out that yuuki had children with kaname and zero....

Thats it I am burning the whole entire collection.

Overall....Even my little brother could write better than this crap*if I had one*....seriously at first I though it was interesting and all but then It just kept going downhill....
Rage5110May 14, 2014 6:47 AM

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

May 23, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2009
THAT WAS A HORRIBLE ENDING XDDDD
May 23, 2013 9:11 PM

Apr 2013
Oh god, the amount of people getting butthurt with the ending.

Honestly, I couldn't care less who Yuuki ends up with. As long as Shiki and Rima are together, I'm happy. But at the same time, I'm happy to see that Zero got the happiness that he wanted though it made me feel like Yuuki only choose him because Kaname wanted them to be together. I know that Yuuki said before that she also loves Zero but for some reason, I think the manga fails to show it in the end. (Well, that's just me and my opinion) The only thing that she could spit out of her mouth in the last chapter is "Zero gave me a lot of happiness". Hopefully, there will be enough extra chapters to show that Yuuki did love Zero in the end to satisfy most of Hino-sensei's fans who are disappointed with the ending.
May 23, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2009
disappointing
I was ok with Kaname dying....and staying that way.

I'm glad it's over
May 23, 2013 9:46 PM
Jan 2013
WOAH WAIT I AM SOO CONFUSED WITH THE CHILDREN PART.

So two kids right. The one with light hair is Zero's and Yuki's and its a boy and the dark haired one is Yuki's and Kaname's and its a girl. I thought that both kids were Zero and Yuki's..? Or did Yuki beared a child before having the light haired(AND WOW THAT GUY LOOKS LIKE A GIRL. I THOUGHT IT WAS TWO GIRLS BUT WHEN I CAME TO THIS FORUM ITS A GUY WOW.) So basically she freaking had sex with both of them and each both had a child with Zero and Kaname.? I thought that both children was Zero's and Yuki's children cause at the second to last page of the chapter the dark haired girl said to kaname "this is a message to my mother to my other father" the word OTHER . That means that her dad was Zero and shes just saying that kaname would be her other father since Zero is dead..

OMG IM SO CONFUSED. I WAS SHOCKED THAT ZEKI HAPPENED. ITS ALL TOO RUSHED AND AT LEAST ZERO IS HAPPY BUT UGH I DONT THINK EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY AT ALL. EVERYTHING SEEMED SO DULL AND KANAME, I hope you have fun on your third life and this time no more burdens and sorrows <3

I felt sad that Zero died :''''''''''( I cant accept the fact he died even though i know hes gunna die sooner but I cant let it go anasdbjksdb. Hino Im disappointed in the ending because I told you TO NOT MAKE A ZEKI ENDING. ggwp. oh well Zero was happy until the day he died and yuki said she recieved alot happiness from Zero. So im happy.
May 23, 2013 10:09 PM

Jun 2008
Kurokolist said:
I called her getting pregnant. Ugh.

I saw it coming as well. :/

Reminds me of the last book in the Twilight series (I called that pregnancy as well, and my friends thought I was crazy). Both series were painful to read as they went on...to think that Vampire Knight was my favorite series at one point.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
May 23, 2013 10:55 PM
Jan 2013
GUYS IM GOING TO CLEAR UP THE CHILDREN THING.

Okay I have read different translations of the chapter, and this is what I'm going to clear up.

The two children who is light haired and dark haired are BOTH Zero and Yuki's children the dark haired is not Kaname's child.

Since at the second to last page of the chapter the dark haired said this to Kaname "This message is from my mother to my OTHER father" other translations "My mother passed this message to our OTHER father" So meaning that the dark haired child is also Zero's child as well. But I still want to see the coloured version of the two children to see if it is Zeros and Yukis two children. But I'm pretty sure that it is Zero's child to what she said to Kaname.
May 23, 2013 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
What the hell. What a biggest disappointment. Yuuki, aren't you a SLUT? Damn it. Why did Zero have to die? Why must be HIM? I can't take it. Yuuki should be the one who have died here. I don't care about Kaname anymore. Shit. She doesn't deserve anyone. I just want Zero have a happy ending. >____< At least we saw Zero had two children with Yuuki.
May 24, 2013 12:01 AM
Dec 2008
The girl still could possibly be Kaname's child. If that's the case this could explain it. Kaname was never there for her as a father obviously due to the sacrifice that he made. If Zero was always by Yuki's side after the present events (even if she did not reciprocate his love at the time) Yuki's daughter probably grew up seeing Zero as her father/father figure even more than her real dad. So when she says "other" father, she could just mean that even though Kaname is her real dad she has probably never seen him in that way, or ever will due to his memory loss. As a side note, in the scanslation Yuki's daughter is saying "my other father" instead of our, implying that she is Kaname's child. (Remember that this is just my own opinion and i'm entitled to that ^^)
May 24, 2013 12:13 AM

Apr 2013
chikuita0621 said:
What the hell. What a biggest disappointment. Yuuki, aren't you a SLUT? Damn it. Why did Zero have to die? Why must be HIM? I can't take it. Yuuki should be the one who have died here. I don't care about Kaname anymore. Shit. She doesn't deserve anyone. I just want Zero have a happy ending. >____< At least we saw Zero had two children with Yuuki.

Zero isn't a pureblood vampire to begin with that's why he can't live for eternity. Yuuki did die, she gave up her life to turn Kaname into a human. I think Zero had his happiness in the end, spending his life with the one he loves and he even had a child with her.

And this pretty much explains about Yuuki's message to kaname and the girl. (Yuuki's child) Though, I'm not sure where did the blogger got this info or if it is official or not.

http://amnesia-world.tumblr.com/post/51183829931
May 24, 2013 12:18 AM

Dec 2011
Speechless.
May 24, 2013 12:19 AM

Jun 2009
00kiryu00 said:

Okay I have read different translations of the chapter, and this is what I'm going to clear up.

The two children who is light haired and dark haired are BOTH Zero and Yuki's children the dark haired is not Kaname's child.

Since at the second to last page of the chapter the dark haired said this to Kaname "This message is from my mother to my OTHER father" other translations "My mother passed this message to our OTHER father" So meaning that the dark haired child is also Zero's child as well. But I still want to see the coloured version of the two children to see if it is Zeros and Yukis two children. But I'm pretty sure that it is Zero's child to what she said to Kaname.

I had been wondering about this myself, because you like said that they could both Zero's kids. I think though that it is more likely that the daughter is Kaname's daughter because I think that Hino wants to give both YUME and ZEKI something. I also think the translation calling Kaname the other father meaning that he is her biological father (with Zero being her other father, the one who raised her) makes more sense. But I guess this is one of those details which will probably become clearer as we get more info and better translations.

I don't understand why people are still attempting to carry on with the ships wars, I mean, both ships are canon but I think there is a final pairing. Regardless of your opinion on whether or not he is the second choice the ship that sailed in the end is clearly Zeki. When Kaname ripped his heart out and gave Zeki is blessing he left the triangle, he gave up on being a romantic option for Yuuki. Even if Yuuki still had romantic feelings for Kaname when she turned him into a human at that point in the story Yume was no longer possible. A couple can't exist when one person is dead (Yuuki) and the other person (Kaname) doesn't remember the other individual. Yume's relationship ended when he decided to leave her in Zero's care. BTW even though Yuuki isn't thought of highly by many fans, she does have free will, even though Kaname wanted Zeki together she didn't have to go along with the idea, she MADE A CHOICE, there is no way anyone forced her. Yes, what Yuuki did for Kaname in the end was beautiful moment and an act of love (romantic or otherwise depending on your bias), but it does not mean that Yume was the endgame ship.
May 24, 2013 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
The boy calling the girl Nee-sama indicates that she's the older child (and possibly Kaname's child). Her calling Kaname her other father is because Zero was her adoptive father that had raised her.

The ending was actually much better than I anticipated. I could've been happy with Kaname and Yuuki living happily ever after, but this adds a new spin on things. Even though I'm a Kaname/Yuuki fan, I'm not against the idea of moving on after your love's death, and the fact that it was hinted it took Yuuki some years to move on with Zero helped me accepting Zeki. Over years of marriage, Yuuki developed romantic feelings for Zero while keeping on loving Kaname, who she didn't give up on even after hunders of years. Her sacrificing herself to turn Kaname into human was proof of lingering love for him.

I'm glad that Kaname got his happy ending and now can live a normal live without being shackled by his past or identity. While the second half wa poorlywritten I'm okay with this ending.
May 24, 2013 12:46 AM

Jun 2008
00kiryu00 said:

nope. She is Kaname's. That "message" is what Yuuki left to say to Kaname. She told her daughter to tell him when he awakes. Zero was the adoptive father of the girl and Kaname is her "other father" aka, the biological one.

So Zero lived a long happy life since he is a masochist to be with Yuuki, but I'm okay with that, he was happy, but I would have preferred to see him marry Maria and slowly fall in love with her.

PLOTHOLES TILL THE VERY END. NO EXPLANATIONS. TWILIGHT-IZED CONCLUSION. UGHHHHH.

So at the end it was Zeki/Yume, because even if she didn't stay with Kaname, her heart stayed with him.

What a crap.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 24, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2013
00kiryu00

I agree! ( a little to late for my liking, but whatever) She might not have loved Zero in the beginning, but she had to of grown to love him. ( still haven't read, only spoilers) Why sacrifice yourself at the point she did? She had two children, and if she wasn't happy she could have ended it a lot sooner. I think timing in everything, and to me, her act sounds like Zero was gone, and she didn't want to be without him...
May 24, 2013 12:57 AM
May 2013
really really disappointed in the ending....just broke my heart!!!!
May 24, 2013 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
OMG! The vampire knight translators put this "warning" before the chapter 93 of VK started, Laughed so hard!

May 24, 2013 1:48 AM

Feb 2010
Bring Zero back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuuki wasn't worth Zero's love,damn her
It's kinda hard to believe that this stupid chapter is last x_x
May 24, 2013 2:13 AM

Apr 2013
viciousgirl said:
OMG! The vampire knight translators put this "warning" before the chapter 93 of VK started, Laughed so hard!

I LOL'd so hard at that page too.

Well, for those people who had been following this series for years, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are flipping tables right now.
iFrozeMay 24, 2013 3:00 AM
May 24, 2013 2:34 AM

Aug 2010
Well, I though ending would be much worse xD I think this last chapter was better than the last 20+ so I'm fine with this ending xD
At least Zero was happy, he accepted the fact he loves Yuuki, and she did love him; Kaname can now finally be happy ^^
Overall better ending than expected ;D
May 24, 2013 3:06 AM

Apr 2013
I think that girl is Kaname's child,she told her brother "My other father" if she was Zero's child too,the same as the boy she would have said "Our other father" but Kaname is only her biological father,well that's what I understood.
Also now I read the chapter once again,Kaname did so many great things with his life T__T I'm glad he atoned for his mistakes (he even knew it and it was his intention) that's all I can ask when it comes to him.Also his research! I'm glad it was completed.I'm proud of him and glad he's my favorite character XD like I said before,that last page gives me hope that he will be happy.
May 24, 2013 3:46 AM

Jul 2009
the most f*cking ending of all time -
i want u 2 to be together???
what rubbish >.<
i wasted my lot of time on this *****
u no f*** urself mangaka???
kaname was the best,but u made it all rubbish.
what is that hugging scene even -.-
she should havstay alone waiting for kaname - they meant to be - fuck zero.he should be a loner always
(never with yuuki)
i cant accept it.
kaneme DONT die >.< he is right there,and she gone with zero ....grrrr
then he wake up - and there is 2 girl - one is his???
what kind of messed up idiot story...-.-"
mindf***ed -.-

i was always a yuuki x kaname fan.they meant to be.both of them pureblood vampire.
im happy at least they had a child :) but why the heck she died for that that he can be a human..is he going to be happy liek that?surely not -.-
(but yuki was the biggest s**t ever :P having baby with zero when she always loved kaname,come on girl -.-"

iFroze said:
viciousgirl said:

I LOL'd so hard at that page too.

Well, for those people who had been following this series for years, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are flipping tables right now.

indeed i flip tables while laughing crazy xDD
make a place for me next to the translators in the ward,please xD
Sango_chan_desuMay 24, 2013 3:54 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2013 3:58 AM

Dec 2008
I really have no idea what to think of this final chapter. Why do I feel a sense of relief that it's over?
May 24, 2013 5:00 AM
Mar 2013
Lalalandzz said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Here's come the end of our long journey guys...The last chapter is hereeeee!!!!

Full chapter 93 [RAW]: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2346437468

Translation [This is NOT a direct Japanese-English translation!]: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1028720.html

Full chapter 93 (English Translation): http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/93
(2nd pg cracked me up so hard! LOL)

Main events:
- Kaname will not die after he throws his heart into furnace. He gives his blessings to both Zero and Yuuki before he goes into deep slumber (trio hugs!). [Mostly contains YuMe moments]
- The fight between vampire and hunter is over. The building is crumbled down and all hunter weapons are shattered. (Zero, again saves our heroin's ass because well, Yuuki...is being Yuuki with her shattered Artemis *face-palm*)
- Aidou preserves Kaname's body with his ice and discovers researches on a cure that can turn vampires into humans in Kuran family library (written by Kaname). [Mostly contains ZeKi moments]
- Possibly future pairings!?: The scene captured both KaitoxYori and YagarixSeiren in one panel XD. (Oh God, the scene where Maria looks at Zero with unrequited love makes me cry! To hell with Yuuki!)
- Cross Academy is finally back to normal. The scene shows Grandma Yori is telling her grandchildren about vampires and her old days with Yuuki. It also implied ShikixRima and KainxRuka ending.
=========1,000 years have passed=========
- Yuuki ends up with Zero until his last breath.
- Yuuki bears two children; One girl and one boy. (Probably older sister is Kaname's and younger brother is Zero's or both could be Zero's; we've nothing to confirmed but the girl refers Kaname as 'my other father') [So it could be the former or the latter as many have claimed that because Yuuki is still love both Kaname and Zero, she would, no doubt, let her kids acknowledge that they have two fathers, regardless of who their 'real' father is. There's also the theory why Hino-sensei put the YuMe sex scene in the first place just for this. So, please use discretion.] and takes both of them to visit Zero's grave.
- Yuuki also takes them to where Kaname is still in his deep slumber (Despite Aidou finishing the cure, Kaname's heart, taken back from the furnace, can't withstand the effect of the cure, nor can it even wake him up) and dies THANK GOD! giving her life to turn Kaname into human and left messages for him to her children.
- Kaname wakes up and his human life begins! (with no memories?)

THE END!

i totaly agree with you.......... zero was my favorit character and he ended up like that (i bet his angry too)...i was so angry he seemd used until the end...and yuki she was a stupid little girl until the end..really disapointed :/
May 24, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2012
viciousgirl said:

lol that is hilarious. HILARIOUS. I don't know about the rest of you, but my rating for this series is going down down down
May 24, 2013 5:04 AM

Jul 2010
00kiryu00 said:

True the daugther did say " our"
I believe your comment , I believe Yuuki had a 2children with Zero.
Yuuki did die and sadly Zero ( together forever)
I old careless for Kaname.
May 24, 2013 5:04 AM
Mar 2013
mixordia said:
Yuuki = slut.
hahahahh XD
May 24, 2013 5:07 AM

Nov 2007
Kaname chose to be gone to repent the crime and entrusted Yuuki to Zero. Seems like Aidou found something related to Kaname and completed it. And THE END?! That's too rushed.
tsubasaloverMay 24, 2013 5:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2013 5:18 AM

May 2013
So Kaname will become a single father (lol) ???? Damn it , it's not that funny it's almost sad (T T) but i am sure Aidou will be more than glad to give a helping hand to his Kaname senpai . so it's Kanai (KanamexAidou) end lol .
Who even predicted that ???

Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=603861&show=20#5Tz0lxPdRPWvqEQy.99

-----------------------------------------

This is exactly what I'm thinking right now! Dang! how come the ending is like that?????? I want to cry right now, I'm not satisfied.
May 24, 2013 5:41 AM
Jan 2013
After reading it I felt it was too rushed (the impact of the end wasn't memorable at all) but I don't get Zeki fans bashing the ending since it was ZeroxYuuki end .
Kaname was unfortunately the only one with a tragic ending . Talk about suddenly becoming a memory-less single father (lol) the only thing good that can happen to him now is that he can die . I don't get people being so rude to Kaname and going on about how he may hit on his daughter , he will never do that if he knows that she is his child . He loved only Yuuki and not everyone or anyone who looked or acted like her .
If only Hino sensei didn't create all the senseless plots , the ending would have been received favorbly because it did make sense despite it being rushed . It isnt as bad as people have described it to be in their posts .
Yuuki's children , the boy looks like Zero and the daughter looks like Yuuki and no one inherited the good looks of Kaname ??? That's so mean . Zero's son looks more like Kaien Cross than Zero lol .
It was a decent manga but not good enough to have it in our top favorites .
May 24, 2013 5:58 AM
May 2013
Where to even start with this..

Vampire Knight was by far one of the best animes/manga that i experienced, at first.....
Nearing the end, Hino-sensei left a lot of loose ends and by reading all these forum posts it is clear that not many people enjoyed this ending, but honestly it's better than i expected it to be...
I really thought that she would wind up with Kaname and Zero would be sad, and as I am a HUGE supporter of Zeki, I wasn't completely unsatisfied with how it ended, however he ended up as a substitute for kaname, and even though he got to be happy, i think Hino-sensei should have spent more time on the ending, and let them have more time together, to show that she truly loved zero.
Although Zero did die eventually, Yuuki was with him and had a son with him (and a daughter with Kaname?) and I think that the manga was starting to go downhill and that the ending lifted my spirits a bit, but i was also disappointed.
If Hino-Sensei was able to write a manga similar to this one, that pulled at the heart strings like VK originally did but just fix a few, no... a LOT of errors along the way, I would definitely consider giving her a second chance.
long live Zeki <3
May 24, 2013 6:04 AM

Mar 2013
00kiryu00 said:

So two kids right. The one with light hair is Zero's and Yuki's and its a boy and the dark haired one is Yuki's and Kaname's and its a girl. I thought that both kids were Zero and Yuki's..? Or did Yuki beared a child before having the light haired(AND WOW THAT GUY LOOKS LIKE A GIRL. I THOUGHT IT WAS TWO GIRLS BUT WHEN I CAME TO THIS FORUM ITS A GUY WOW.) So basically she freaking had sex with both of them and each both had a child with Zero and Kaname.? I thought that both children was Zero's and Yuki's children cause at the second to last page of the chapter the dark haired girl said to kaname "this is a message to my mother to my other father" the word OTHER . That means that her dad was Zero and shes just saying that kaname would be her other father since Zero is dead..

OMG IM SO CONFUSED. I WAS SHOCKED THAT ZEKI HAPPENED. ITS ALL TOO RUSHED AND AT LEAST ZERO IS HAPPY BUT UGH I DONT THINK EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY AT ALL. EVERYTHING SEEMED SO DULL AND KANAME, I hope you have fun on your third life and this time no more burdens and sorrows <3

I felt sad that Zero died :''''''''''( I cant accept the fact he died even though i know hes gunna die sooner but I cant let it go anasdbjksdb. Hino Im disappointed in the ending because I told you TO NOT MAKE A ZEKI ENDING. ggwp. oh well Zero was happy until the day he died and yuki said she recieved alot happiness from Zero. So im happy.

Omg I am confused about the kids as well. It was the same with me, I though they both were Zero and Yuki's children and both girls; then I came here and it's a boy and a girl and the girl is Kaname's child?! I seriously don't understand this.

And yeah! I totally agree, it was a rushed ending, Hino-san could have written more 2 or 3 chapters for this ending and have explained it better!
May 24, 2013 6:10 AM
May 2013
bloodandcandies said:
00kiryu00 said:

Omg I am confused about the kids as well. It was the same with me, I though they both were Zero and Yuki's children and both girls; then I came here and it's a boy and a girl and the girl is Kaname's child?! I seriously don't understand this.

And yeah! I totally agree, it was a rushed ending, Hino-san could have written more 2 or 3 chapters for this ending and have explained it better!

I agree, but after doing more research it is most likely that BOTH are zero and yuuki's kids (yay Zeki <3 )
It was a very rushed ending! she could have used a whole other VOLUME to explain all the loose ends and such!
May 24, 2013 6:18 AM

Mar 2013
LollyKills said:
bloodandcandies said:
00kiryu00 said:

I agree, but after doing more research it is most likely that BOTH are zero and yuuki's kids (yay Zeki <3 )
It was a very rushed ending! she could have used a whole other VOLUME to explain all the loose ends and such!

I was reading about that too!
There are still people who say the is Kaname's but... I still don't know what to think... Though I like both pairings (Yuuki and Kaname/ Yuuki and Zero) on this ending I prefer to believe that those are both Yuuki and Zero's children! It's So much better!
Idk but I hope Hino-san makes some extras at least to explain all this!
May 24, 2013 6:25 AM
Jun 2009
Oh well I guess this is the end. It was bittersweet and disappointing. But I never expected a "happy" ending.

As for those of you confused about the children in the Japanese version the girl called Kaname "my other father" which implies that Kaname is her father. Essentially it means that Zero was the father who raised her, but Kaname is her biological father. There would be no other reason for her to say this.
May 24, 2013 6:36 AM

Mar 2010
First of all, I was a huge Yume fan (what later slightly died down because of crappy plot) and I turned into not caring along the way. Though, I was hoping that there wouldn't be a Zeki ending because it would make VERY little sense given the few last chapters. But... I didn't care about this Zeki ending. Honestly, I would be surprised if Zeki shippes genuinely liked it. Why? Because the only thing I saw in this ending was Yuuki taking Kaname's replacement because he told her to. Even when they were together, she was thinking of Kaname. It's clear by those few pages that she kept constantly thinking of Kaname (clearly had several ideas how to resurrect him, even going as far as to send him message and possibly making her children take care of him). Which I find somewhat of a cheat. It's as if the mangaka was too scared to give us a definite ending to the pairing wars and instead tried to brush them off as "and everyone was happy the end". Really? This is what we get for following this for so long? Both Zeki and Yume yet none completely? O_o WTF?

I can't even call this a bad ending or a bad chapter. This chapter was so EXTREMELY mediocre. It wasn't even bad it was just... so... ugh... LAME. I can't express it properly. It lacked in EVERYTHING and it was extremely cheesy and gave me "now leave me alone" vibes. It was SO underwhelming and cruel to all fans. Not to mention all the stuff that make it completely nonsensical and all the stuff that after FEW minutes of thinking turn into a HORRIBLE idea. What is Kaname supposed to do now? What if he regains his memories and realises that everyone is dead. Will he commit suicide again? What about those two kids. Was Yuuki really so obsessed with Kaname that she made them watch her dying? Because that's what it looked like to me. How the hell could Zero be happy with someone so obsessed with someone else that she lets her children watch her dying so that the other person could live? How could he be happy with someone who does everything she can to resurrect his love rival? How could he be happy with someone who most likely sees him as a replacement? Really Hino? Do you truly believe we're THAT stupid? I never liked Zero but even to ME this feels like a punch in the face for what she did to him. He deserved better. He deserved someone who would like him for him not because someone told her to.

And don't get me started about those children. Did they really live thinking of Kaname as their "other" father? It feels so wrong not just for Zero but also for them. I really can't imagine what their life was like thinking that their mother lived with their father because her number 1 told her to while dying. And it as hell looks like they know. They could learn about it in one conversation. "And that was Kaname, your other father." "But mommy why did you get together with daddy, then?" "Well... you see..." They HAD TO learn about it. O_o WHAT THE HELL HINO? o_O I'm really rendered speechless. Seriously, my habit of THINKING abut what I read is driving me crazy at this point. I have to stop. I... I... I guess I'll go drink something, some alcohol to make me forget. Some VERY hard alcohol.
May 24, 2013 6:48 AM
May 2013
As a side note, anybody knows for sure what Hino implies when she has Kaname say:

"This time, I will protect you till the end." ?

This time?
May 24, 2013 7:03 AM
Feb 2013
Debates about the children thing...Reader discretion required! XD

That's all with the children thing, here's come the rest of my thoughts after I read the full translation of this chapter………(It's LONG, please bear with me *puppy eyes*)

What I LOVE about the ending:

1) Yuuki's speeches:
- Yuuki: "If only I wasn't born…If I never existed.. The you "today" would definitely be a lot more different"
- Yuuki: "But Kaname…I couldn't do anything"
What I feel: Hell, couldn't it be more obvious? Did she just realize that? *gasp* It's alright girl, it's better to realize late than not at all. Ohly s*** I never though this day would come when I want to bless your speeches and giving you a medal for getting smarter, Yuuki! But guess what? You just did! *loud applause*

2) Group hug! (Despite its OOC-ness)
What I feel: It was perfect! (Well if you cut the heroine out I mean) KaZe FTW! *been shot* To me it's kind of funny despite its irony of the situation because I was like O_O wha…what!? Did they just? 92 Chapters of bickering and trolling with who's going to get hook up with Yuuki and they just *snap the fingers* treaty of PEACE!? Seriously, I just don't know what to say.

3) Pairings alert!
What I feel: ShikixRima and KainxRuka!! Hooray!! *dance in absolute delight* Besdies, pairing like KaitoxYori and YagarixSeiren are cool to be shipped! XD

4) Zero FINALLY find his happiness!!! Zero's smile alone reminds me how I manage to put up with the craps in VK this far.
What I feel: Even though I can't put into words how much I despise Yuuki but I guess I just have to deal with it because she happens to be his only source of happiness. I'm glad he finally got to smile from his heart again and live happily ever after judging how much his life has been f***ed up. (His proclamation of love really makes me cry! For the love of God, he deserves WAY better than this! Why can't he find someone who will love him wholeheartedly? *sobbing uncontrollably* MY FEELS!!!)

However, there're things in this final chapter (alone) that are still nagging me: [excluding all the NUMEROUS plot-holes, supporting characters not getting enough screen time and blah blah blah]

1) Is co-existence really working?
Judging from "so both parties are once again struggling for supremacy and will co-exist for a long time" tbh, I don't feel any different from the beginning of this series. It's like they're going back to square one where there's still a cold war and conflicts going on between both sides. Even though the 'treatment' to change vampire into humans is complete, other questions are still arise. What if those existing vampires don't want to turn into human then what's going happen next? Will the hunters try to force them to take the 'treatment' or shoving drugs down their throats or what? Wouldn't that just continue the dispute between both sides? How is this accomplishment from the research leads to any dramatical change at all if the vampires refuse to take it? I just don't see it's getting them anywhere.
2) Will Yuuki actually decides to stay with Zero or even sacrifice herself IF Isaya doesn't disappear?
I mean I wouldn't be surprise if she will spend her life with human Kaname in case Isaya doesn't disappear and would-be-more-than-willing-and-honour to do the sacrifice.
3) Did Yuuki think of any consequences of her action? (Still the same thoughts before full chapter is out lol)
So Yuuki dies IN FRONT OF her kids and leaves them behind? Poor kids. I know parents don't live forever but Zero's son is so young and he's not immortal. Can't she wait a little longer just to see him grows up? I mean it's not like Kaname is going to run away. =[]=" What about Kaname? What if he has no memories? Did she expect Cross to adopt Kaname once he wakes up and hope they'll help each other out to look after her children or what? It's like creating more burdens to those people who are left behind. What will happen in the future if he regains part of his vampire self like she did? What's more, will Kaname be happy to wake up again just to realize sooner or later that his life has been exchanged with his loved one and that he'll be all alone once again? Although he may still got the kids and others, it would never be the same. The guilt and her death will eat him alive! The cycle of anguish will once again continue from where it was left off. At first, I'm kind of happy to see Kaname finally find peace he has been seeking for but when I start thinking about what will he have to deal with after he becomes human…well, I don't think he will find his so-called 'peace' to be like what he always dream of anymore but I guess symbolic of their love, the children, is all that he need?. The worst possibility is the incest thing. *flinch* I saw quite a few readers (from LJ, Tumlr and etc.) expecting some kind of 3rd arc of LT between Kaname, his daughter with Zero's son as his new love rival like those LT of Rido/Juri/Haruka and Kaname/Yuuki/Zero. Hell, just the thought alone already scared me to death. I swear Zero would be rolling in his grave if that really happens. Well, I better stop. *shudder*

IMO, (deep down inside) I kind of wish there'll be one more bonus chapter like an epilogue or something just so Hino-sensei can AT LEAST redeem herself (even if it's way too late) by filling in the void in her UNCOUNTABLE plot-holes. I don't mean all but at least SOME of it (like what are the children' names? Any major changes after the 'treatment'? We only see ShikixRima and KainxRuka, how about Ichijo and Seiren? Did they end up with anyone after they left Kaname? How about Aidou? AidouxTest tube? Who took the control of the vampires now? What happens after Kaname wakes up? Did he lose his memories? Did he move back to Kuran mansion with the children or get adopted by Cross, enrolled in Day Class and becomes a new prefect or what? Hell, I can list on forever!). On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if there won't be any epilogue or a bonus chapter (it's just that I think readers deserve more answers to their curiosities resulting from limitless plot-holes, that's all XD) and I'm glad this is the end (because who know what more plot-holes she can comes up with the bonus chapter). We don't need to keep worrying anymore about what Hino-sensei might tries to troll on us in her next chapter. Thank God, it has been 8 long and torturous years and now it's finally over. *tears of happiness*

In synopsis, I guess I'll consider VK to be one of those series which has an exceptional start, wonderful arts and intriguing plot during the first arc but then declining dramatically after that in term of everything, especially the heroine except the arts because the mangaka is so focusing on fan-service that she fails to use her well-established imagination to its full efficiency. Hino-sensei's art is no doubt flawless and beautiful but unfortunately her plot is too shoddy and need crucial development if she still wish to create more long-shot stories because the downfall of her plot and countless plot-holes and Yuuki have pretty much ruined the entire series quality even though she had an outstanding lead-off. All in all, it has been a long journey and what I've learned about this series is that it's kind of like an unpleasant dream to me, both contains good and mostly bad parts. So, I'll just keep, cherish and remember those good parts (like MY Zero-chan!) which persuades me to pick up this series in the first place and consider the rest of it as one of my bad dreams/memories and hope I'll be able to forget that they ever occur to me one day. Last but not least, it's a pleasure to be part of this fandom and discuss with you guys. I hope we'll be able to see each other around or PERHAPS in one of Hino-sensei's next long-shot series. *been stabbed repeatedly* (since when did I decide to become masochist? XD). Until next time, ciao~!

"The long and endless journey, you who existed for the sake of Zero's happiness, Kaname's peace and Yuuki's death, may your thirst for these desires be quenched." LOL
May 24, 2013 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
Honestly, I would find it stupid if the daughter was Zero's. She's the older one for a reason. Which is a clear nod to Kaname's & Yuki's one night stand. It could also be an awful way of confusing the readers and again, appeasing the entire fan base. But, we've clearly seen what a horrible job she's done.

I hope to never encounter such a series again.
May 24, 2013 7:16 AM
May 2013
Lalalandzz said:

Best summary comment in the whole thread, imo :)
May 24, 2013 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
Lalalandzz said:

"The long and endless journey, you who existed for the sake of Zero's happiness, Kaname's peace and Yuuki's death, may your thirst for these desires be quenched." LOL

I needed to quote this and say how much it made me laugh. Kudos to ya (and the entire comment, of course)!XDD
May 24, 2013 7:25 AM
Mar 2013
What happen to the cold badass zero ????? he ended up beeing used till the very end and he seemd so desperate ending up like a substitue for "THAT GIRL" D: total disapointmet...it took 9 years to do sunch a great manga....ruined in the last chapter...yeah great job
May 24, 2013 7:26 AM
Mar 2013
RealExtinction said:
Lalalandzz said:

I needed to quote this and say how much it made me laugh. Kudos to ya (and the entire comment, of course)!XDD
hahahah XD
May 24, 2013 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
Lalalandzz said:
I saw quite a few readers (from LJ, Tumlr and etc.) expecting some kind of 3rd arc of LT between Kaname, his daughter with Zero's son as his new love rival like those LT of Rido/Juri/Haruka and Kaname/Yuuki/Zero.

May 24, 2013 7:58 AM
Mar 2013
HikaruIzumi said:
First of all, I was a huge Yume fan (what later slightly died down because of crappy plot) and I turned into not caring along the way. Though, I was hoping that there wouldn't be a Zeki ending because it would make VERY little sense given the few last chapters. But... I didn't care about this Zeki ending. Honestly, I would be surprised if Zeki shippes genuinely liked it. Why? Because the only thing I saw in this ending was Yuuki taking Kaname's replacement because he told her to. Even when they were together, she was thinking of Kaname. It's clear by those few pages that she kept constantly thinking of Kaname (clearly had several ideas how to resurrect him, even going as far as to send him message and possibly making her children take care of him). Which I find somewhat of a cheat. It's as if the mangaka was too scared to give us a definite ending to the pairing wars and instead tried to brush them off as "and everyone was happy the end". Really? This is what we get for following this for so long? Both Zeki and Yume yet none completely? O_o WTF?

I can't even call this a bad ending or a bad chapter. This chapter was so EXTREMELY mediocre. It wasn't even bad it was just... so... ugh... LAME. I can't express it properly. It lacked in EVERYTHING and it was extremely cheesy and gave me "now leave me alone" vibes. It was SO underwhelming and cruel to all fans. Not to mention all the stuff that make it completely nonsensical and all the stuff that after FEW minutes of thinking turn into a HORRIBLE idea. What is Kaname supposed to do now? What if he regains his memories and realises that everyone is dead. Will he commit suicide again? What about those two kids. Was Yuuki really so obsessed with Kaname that she made them watch her dying? Because that's what it looked like to me. How the hell could Zero be happy with someone so obsessed with someone else that she lets her children watch her dying so that the other person could live? How could he be happy with someone who does everything she can to resurrect his love rival? How could he be happy with someone who most likely sees him as a replacement? Really Hino? Do you truly believe we're THAT stupid? I never liked Zero but even to ME this feels like a punch in the face for what she did to him. He deserved better. He deserved someone who would like him for him not because someone told her to.

And don't get me started about those children. Did they really live thinking of Kaname as their "other" father? It feels so wrong not just for Zero but also for them. I really can't imagine what their life was like thinking that their mother lived with their father because her number 1 told her to while dying. And it as hell looks like they know. They could learn about it in one conversation. "And that was Kaname, your other father." "But mommy why did you get together with daddy, then?" "Well... you see..." They HAD TO learn about it. O_o WHAT THE HELL HINO? o_O I'm really rendered speechless. Seriously, my habit of THINKING abut what I read is driving me crazy at this point. I have to stop. I... I... I guess I'll go drink something, some alcohol to make me forget. Some VERY hard alcohol.
yeah trully disapointed.. i never like yuki :/ and my favoriut character was zero he was totaly ruined in the last chapter..i totaly agree with what you said...at least zero deserved a women who loved him and not see him as a nr 2 replacement and the kids??? now that was somthing unexpected
May 24, 2013 8:20 AM

Mar 2009
I've been a Zero&Yuuki fan since i began reading this series. I wanted them to end up together. Yes they did but wtf?! why do i feel like in then end it's still Kaname&Yuuki? :< Don't wanna admit but feels like Zero is just a replacement. This is not what I'm expecting for them to be NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *fangirl cries T____T * My Zero deserves better than this. Plus the ending seems like it's being rushed. :(
chie_shou13May 24, 2013 8:29 AM
May 24, 2013 8:48 AM
Feb 2013
F***.

That was totally my response to this chapter...

I mean, I guess it started out okay, my hopes actually started to rise, until it turned into a shitball. I mean, alright, I actually managed to feel some sympathy for Kaname, until he was like, "I want you two to be together." WTF, man? The girl whose cherry you just popped is sobbing manically because you're dying, and you're telling her to BE WITH ANOTHER GUY???

And then, Zero saying, "Say you'll go with me," was totally, completely out of character. Zero would NEVER do anything of the sort!!! He is the kind of guy who understands, and I KNOW he would not be rushing to grab Yuuki once her love-of-life *rolls eyes* was dead -_- In fact, I'm positive he would have waited!!!

So yeah, the ending, too, was crap. Even though it is a consolation that Zero was actually HAPPY (seriously, the guy had some peace of mind REALLY overdue) at the end, I was still not satisfied with the ending! The whole PURPOSE of Kaname's life was protecting Yuuki. I don't think he'd be too happy to know what she did. Especially since there is a chance that Kaname will start out his human life with no memories, we might even have a repeat of all the stuff that Yuuki did!

Anyone up for VK 2? Just don't forget to bring your barf-bowls. We'll provide the tranquilizers.
May 24, 2013 8:51 AM
Feb 2013
mixordia said:
Yuuki = slut.

IKR.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.