Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 27, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2011
Well it was a troll ending by the mangaka
very few mangakas have managed to piss off both sides off a ship triangle and so many fans as her. -

with her having one kid with each guy and living together with Zero for a thousand years and then brining Kaname back to life as a human with the two of them gone,.

In some ways it was a threesome ending as evidenced by that group hug.

I didn't take it that Zero was dead but I guess that is how everyone else is reading his family grave and they have a valid point - cause I don't think she would die making Kaname human if Zero was still alive. So if he's dead I guess he was happy being with her and having kids with her, too bad I can't feel truly happy for him, when it seemed like she never made a definititive choice between the guys and sort of took both, which I guess I can see the author was trying to please both ship sets but really succeeded in pissing off both sides.
May 28, 2013 8:49 PM
Jan 2011
I didn't care for it. I think the way they established the YuukixZero was too forced. Kaname basically shipped them and TOLD Yuuki to be with Zero, then Zero begged her. I wasn't rooting for either shipping, but that just felt forced to me. "He loves you, so be with him."

And I hate that Zero ended up raising Kaname's kid (idc what people think, that girl IS Kaname's kid). That is awkward, though the two didn't end on bad terms.

And what the hell Yuuki. I think giving Kaname a second, er, third chance at life was dumb. Kaname was DONE. He lived a long life before, and on more than one occasion he told Yuuki that she was all he was living for. So I'm sure he was done with living and just wanted to kill over.
May 29, 2013 6:03 AM

Mar 2013
I'm actually not surprised by what happened to the ships. There was always the possibility of an "absolute boyfriend" ending. What really surprised me was that Hino-sensei didn't try to at least solve one of the mysteries she created. The fake co-exictense was the most disappointing part for me. Killing or curing Vampires is not co-exictense. O_o
At the end all VK characters were there to decorate Kaname's story. Isaya, Yuuki, Zero and the others just chased his tail. XD
I'm happy that Kaname is alive though. I said this before but, the tragic Yume ending is growing on me. the last chapter was a disaster but full of Yume feelings that warmed my heart some how, but it can't change the fact that the ending was disappointing and that there was no plot.
I'm going to stay positive. Maybe Hino-san learns from her mistakes and next time pays more attention to creating a plot. I'll check her next story. I just love her art to much to give up on her.
May 29, 2013 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
I don't think this has been mentioned so for anyone interested whitelily has translated the fan letters written to Zero and Kaname (plus Yuuki and other characters) with Hino's replies to the letters. Link below!

http://whitelilyscans.livejournal.com/6541.html

Also, thinking about the entire series so far people are completely right when they say that both Kaname and Zero deserved better than Yuuki. Yuuki was never Kaname's equal and both guys deserved someone that loved just one person rather over an indecisive girl who cannot help being in love with two guys at the same time. However if you stop and think about Yuuki's best interests (which readers don't usually do since Yuuki tends to irritate people), Kaname was right to jump ship because he's correct when he says that Zero is better for Yuuki because Zero is the one who is capable of standing next to Yuuki in the light, unlike Kaname unfortunately is stuck in the dark and drags Yuuki down into darkness when she is by his side (the only way to bring Kaname into the light was through Yuuki's death, I'm sure some interesting conclusion besides the love/sacrifice can be drawn from that).
To be honest, re-reading the final chapter I had to laugh at the epicness of Kaname's scheming, even in his final moments he still tries to emotionally manipulate Zero and Yuuki one last time into being together. Not to mention Artemis being destroyed, at that point the anti-vampire weapons are being controlled by Kaname so I have to assume he is the one who lets Artemis fail/crumble. I assume it was because he was sending the message to Yuuki that she can stop fighting now and let her 'Knight' Zero (and Kaname through the Bloody Rose) protect her.
obviouslygeekyMay 29, 2013 8:00 AM
May 29, 2013 6:46 AM

May 2013
kaname (^///^)
May 29, 2013 6:57 AM

May 2013
kaname sacrifice a lot just for yuki T.T
kaname really loves yuki more than his own.....
kaname believe yuki is his light and warmth

kaname said "its not that i didn't receive any happiness because there's light at the end of the journey.""

kaname TT.TT
May 29, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
obviouslygeeky said:
I don't think this has been mentioned so for anyone interested whitelily has translated the fan letters written to Zero and Kaname (plus Yuuki and other characters) with Hino's replies to the letters. Link below!

Also, thinking about the entire series so far people are completely right when they say that both Kaname and Zero deserved better than Yuuki. Yuuki was never Kaname's equal and both guys deserved someone that loved just one person rather over an indecisive girl who cannot help being in love with two guys at the same time. However if you stop and think about Yuuki's best interests (which readers don't usually do since Yuuki tends to irritate people), Kaname was right to jump ship because he's correct when he says that Zero is better for Yuuki because by the end of the manga Zero is the one who is capable of standing next to Yuuki in the light, unlike Kaname unfortunately is stuck in the dark and drags Yuuki down there with him.
To be honest, re-reading the final chapter I had to laugh at the epicness of Kaname's scheming, even in his final moments he still tries to emotionally manipulate Zero and Yuuki one last time into being together. Not to mention Artemis being destroyed, at that point the anti-vampire weapons are being controlled by Kaname so I have to assume he is the one who lets Artemis fail/crumble. I assume it was because he was sending the message to Yuuki that she can stop fighting now and let her 'Knight' Zero (and Kaname through the Bloody Rose) protect her.

Thanks for the link, I was looking for it. \(^__^)/
I completely agree with everything you said. Kaname made the decisions from the start. The more he desired Yuuki the more he pulled her in the darkness and that's when her smile faded and never returned, even though she lived happily with Zero till the day he died.
I'm a big fan of Kaname but I honestly wanted Yukki and Zero to stop his plan. I wanted him to realize his mistakes.
May 29, 2013 8:16 AM

Jun 2009
2rsa said:
obviouslygeeky said:

Also, thinking about the entire series so far people are completely right when they say that both Kaname and Zero deserved better than Yuuki. Yuuki was never Kaname's equal and both guys deserved someone that loved just one person rather over an indecisive girl who cannot help being in love with two guys at the same time. However if you stop and think about Yuuki's best interests (which readers don't usually do since Yuuki tends to irritate people), Kaname was right to jump ship because he's correct when he says that Zero is better for Yuuki because by the end of the manga Zero is the one who is capable of standing next to Yuuki in the light, unlike Kaname unfortunately is stuck in the dark and drags Yuuki down there with him.

Thanks for the link, I was looking for it. (^__^)/
I completely agree with everything you said. Kaname made the decisions from the start. The more he desired Yuuki the more he pulled her in the darkness and that's when her smile faded and never returned, even though she lived happily with Zero till the day he died.
I'm a big fan of Kaname but I honestly wanted Yukki and Zero to stop his plan. I wanted him to realize his mistakes.

I feel the same about Kaname, I actually started off disliking him but sometime during the manga I really started to pity him and then started to understand why he was making all these 'mistakes'. Even with Yuuki, I think he genuinely wanted to cherish and always be gentle and kind to her but he couldn't help manipulating her because it is so ingrained in his nature. If he wasn't intelligent and manipulative he would of never survived as a pureblood. He's ruthless and thinks the ends always justifies the means so I can understand people who dislike his behavior but I can see why he believes that his plans/schemes are necessary because ultimately he usually is doing what he believes is for the 'greater good'. I find Kaname to be the most fascinating character in the manga and I actually think Yume is an interesting ship to analyze but at the same time Zero/Yuuki is better/healthier for Yuuki and even with the Kaname biased ending (because that's what it is, final chapter is mostly Kaname, not Yume or Zeki) I feel like Zero was who Yuuki truly wanted to be with :)
May 29, 2013 8:36 AM

Mar 2013
obviouslygeeky said:
2rsa said:
obviouslygeeky said:

Thanks for the link, I was looking for it. (^__^)/

I feel the same about Kaname, I actually started off disliking him but sometime during the manga I really started to pity him and then started to understand why he was making all these 'mistakes'. Even with Yuuki, I think he genuinely wanted to cherish and always be gentle and kind to her but he couldn't help manipulating her because it is so ingrained in his nature. If he wasn't intelligent and manipulative he would of never survived as a pureblood. He's ruthless and thinks the ends always justifies the means so I can understand people who dislike his behavior but I can see why he believes that his plans/schemes are necessary because ultimately he usually is doing what he believes is for the 'greater good'. I find Kaname to be the most fascinating character in the manga and I actually think Yume is an interesting ship to analyze but at the same time Zero/Yuuki is better/healthier for Yuuki and even with the Kaname biased ending (because that's what it is, final chapter is mostly Kaname, not Yume or Zeki) I feel like Zero was who Yuuki truly wanted to be with :)

You're right about Kaname. And I agree ZeroXYuuki is the healthier relationship, but I believe with everything that happened and the many times Yuuki chose to stay by Kaname's side, in the end Yuuki wasn't happy. Of course she loved Zero and he gave her happiness but all this wasn't what she truly wanted hence she could only thank Zero. She had nothing else to say to him. Her silence at Ichiru's grave was deafening. I understand why people hate Yuuki, but with everything that happened I pity her. Zero accepted Yuuki and Kaname's daughter so I believe he found his happiness. Kaname has a second chance now and finally he can embrace Yuuki's warm light which was Yuuki's last gift and what he loved so much. What about Yuuki? I truly believe that she never forgot Kaname and the fact that she couldn't save him. That's why I think she didn't find true happiness and I really feel sorry for her. :'(
May 29, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
2rsa said:

You're right about Kaname. And I agree ZeroXYuuki is the healthier relationship, but I believe with everything that happened and the many times Yuuki chose to stay by Kaname's side, in the end Yuuki wasn't happy. Of course she loved Zero and he gave her happiness but all this wasn't what she truly wanted hence she could only thank Zero. She had nothing else to say to him. Her silence at Ichiru's grave was deafening. I understand why people hate Yuuki, but with everything that happened I pity her. Zero accepted Yuuki and Kaname's daughter so I believe he found his happiness. Kaname has a second chance now and finally he can embrace Yuuki's warm light which was Yuuki's last gift and what he loved so much. What about Yuuki? I truly believe that she never forgot Kaname and the fact that she couldn't save him. That's why I think she didn't find true happiness and I really feel sorry for her. :'(

Well...I think Yuuki did have a great deal of happiness because she states that she had happy times with Zero. However, I think due to Yuuki's bond with Kaname she would of always had sadness when she thought of him. I think in the end though, besides the happiness she found with Zero she also felt happiness when she finally freed Kaname from the darkness and was the one who allowed him to finally be in the light. So yeah, I think she found true happiness. She would of experienced joyful moments of true happiness with her children. There is a panel in the final chapter (page 46?) in which Yuuki appears to have a genuine smile. Before and during the events we saw in the manga Yuuki had moments of happiness, that's why she is able to be a light to both Zero and Kaname. Of course she had intense moments of sadness and grief (as seen in the manga), but that doesn't mean she wasn't happy too. I guess it all depends on what your view of happiness, I personally think even people who lead unhappy lives can find true happiness because even a moment of happiness in your life can mean that you've found it vs the belief that true happiness means being happy all the time. 'The French have a rather pragmatic approach. Their very word for happiness contains it: le bonheur, literally, a good hour. But in America happiness is supposed to be a way of life. We expect it. While the French at best expect a welcome interlude, maybe only a blessed release from pain.'
I think all of the trio found happiness in the end but yes there is sadness for all of them too, Hino did say it was going to be a tragic tale :)
I think the other thing I have a different view on is that while Yuuki was always by Kaname's side that wasn't where her heart really was which was why she kept longing for Zero. I think if Kaname hadn't chosen to give her up Yuuki would of been with Kaname, but it would of been out of a sense of duty and because she felt obligated to as a Kuran, she had been engaged to him from a young age, the happiness they had together as children, the loneliness she knew Kaname would experience without her by his side (also the loneliness she would experience as a pureblood without him as she has to live forever), etc. I think Yuuki did also love him intensely but that her feelings for Zero were also equal in a different way. I see Yume as a really complex relationship and it is necessary to delve deeper rather than looking at the surface layer, as the surface makes it appear like they have this crazy obsessive love where they can't live without each other but if that was true there simply would of been no love triangle because Yuuki would of never needed or desired anyone but Kaname. Anyway, like I said, that's just the way I see it, there is plenty of evidence for either Yume or Zeki depending on how people want to interpret things :)
obviouslygeekyMay 29, 2013 9:51 AM
May 29, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
^^
Hmm...I do agree on a lot of things you said.I'm never going to measure love (nobody can), but I believe Yuuki loved both boys differently, I believe Yuuki felt the exact same way Kaname felt about her. Afterall, Yuuki was the same creature as Kaname. In my opinion she and Zero had a relationship based on friendship and companionship, but since she was a pureblood she wanted more, she wanted Kaname. It reminds me of Titanic. Keeping the distances of course, after Jack, rose married and lived a happy life with her husband, yet in her heart Jack always had a very special place.
Yuuki's goodbye to Zero for me was more like a goodbye to a very dear friend. I think that's why she didn't tell him any words of love and instead, she went to Kaname and called him “愛” -- aisuru anata = you who I love). Maybe a human Yuuki could find true happiness with Zero, but PB Yuuki couldn't and that's why she only thanked him.
This is going to sound crazy, please don't laugh! XD I believe Yuuki chose Kaname even after her death cause she became the light (butterfly) that is going to follow him on his fresh start.
I don't think Yuuki felt obligated towards Kaname. After all he pushed her away all the time. On the other hand Zero tried to win her sympathy saying don't let me thirst forever. Yuuki new all the things Kaname did to Zero yet she stayed by his side. Yuuki was following her heart. I know, I'm a helpless romantic. XDXDXD
But like you said, Hino hinted things but wanted the audience decide. ^-^
2rsaMay 29, 2013 10:16 AM
May 29, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2013
2rsa said:
^^
Hmm...I do agree on a lot of things you said.I'm never going to measure love (nobody can), but I believe Yuuki loved both boys differently, I believe Yuuki felt the exact same way Kaname felt about her. Afterall, Yuuki was the same creature as Kaname. In my opinion she and Zero had a relationship based on friendship and companionship, but since she was a pureblood she wanted more, she wanted Kaname. It reminds me of Titanic. Keeping the distances of course, after Jack, rose married and lived a happy life with her husband, yet in her heart Jack always had a very special place.
Yuuki's goodbye to Zero for me was more like a goodbye to a very dear friend. I think that's why she didn't tell him any words of love and instead, she went to Kaname and called him “愛” -- aisuru anata = you who I love). Maybe a human Yuuki could find true happiness with Zero, but PB Yuuki couldn't and that's why she only thanked him.
This is going to sound crazy, please don't laugh! XD I believe Yuuki chose Kaname even after her death cause she became the light (butterfly) that is going to follow him on his fresh start.
I don't think Yuuki felt obligated towards Kaname. After all he pushed her away all the time. On the other hand Zero tried to win her sympathy saying don't let me thirst forever. Yuuki new all the things Kaname did to Zero yet she stayed by his side. Yuuki was following her heart. I know, I'm a helpless romantic. XDXDXD

Yuuki never pushed Zero away though.... I cannot think of one time in the manga that Yuuki ever rejected Zero...?

And I think Titanic was a crappy story. Two teens who meet for a few days and hook up once... ROFL, that is not love. In any case, you cannot really compare the two because the guy Rose marries is not someone she cheated on Jack with.

Yuuki and Kaname had a desperate love, but it wasn't all-consuming. If that were the case, she wouldn't be looking at another man, kissing him, wanting his blood, etc. When you're madly in love, you don't go off lusting after other men...
May 29, 2013 12:27 PM
Jan 2011
obviouslygeeky said:

Also, thinking about the entire series so far people are completely right when they say that both Kaname and Zero deserved better than Yuuki. Yuuki was never Kaname's equal and both guys deserved someone that loved just one person rather over an indecisive girl who cannot help being in love with two guys at the same time. However if you stop and think about Yuuki's best interests (which readers don't usually do since Yuuki tends to irritate people), Kaname was right to jump ship because he's correct when he says that Zero is better for Yuuki because Zero is the one who is capable of standing next to Yuuki in the light, unlike Kaname unfortunately is stuck in the dark and drags Yuuki down into darkness when she is by his side (the only way to bring Kaname into the light was through Yuuki's death, I'm sure some interesting conclusion besides the love/sacrifice can be drawn from that).

I think 'manipulate' is a poor choice of word. Kaname would never force Yuuki to do anything like that, and why would he in his last moments? All he did was pull them in for a hug and said what needed to be said because those two numbnuts wouldn't. He couldn't be with Yuuki anymore, so he was out, and he knew for a long time how she felt about Zero, he even acknowledged it a few times over the series, NEVER did anything to stop those feelings, and all he was doing was saying "Hey, you love this guy, he can give you what I can't, you should be with him." And what does Yuuki do? She runs away because she STILL doesn't want to choose, even if Kaname is dying and can't be with her in the end anyway. I thought that moment was absolutely stupid, mostly on Yuuki's part. Typical Yuuki, she runs off, and pointlessly pulls out Artemis. "Oh no! I have to choose! Time to run away and make a failed attempt to go fight people!"

Kaname was making another last attempt to do things right. He loved Yuuki and he wanted his time with her, you can't blame him for doing and not sending her off sooner. But he eventually learned how it was all going to end, so he got his time with her and in the end, he gave the two his blessing, and so Yuuki wouldn't have to feel so guilty for loving two men.

Sorry it just bugs me when there's a strong bias against Kaname, and more often than not it's because the person is strongly for Zero, thus everything Kaname does is dickery.
May 29, 2013 1:10 PM

May 2013
Kaname wasn't being manipulative then. I can agree.

But, he spent the entire freaking manga trying to manipulate people. He was like the battered, blind, one-legged version of Aizen Sousuke. Everything was "part of his plan" and his plans all SUCKED.

Oh my gaaawd. Hino, girl, I think your characters are so pretty (albeit... the have very large foreheads), but you could not come up with an interesting twist or plan to save your life. Everything Kaname did was over the top stupid.
May 29, 2013 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
kapwned said:
Sorry it just bugs me when there's a strong bias against Kaname, and more often than not it's because the person is strongly for Zero, thus everything Kaname does is dickery.

I used the word manipulate because even though as you pointed out it's not the best word to describe the situation, but it is what Kaname does, he tries to manipulate everyone - only a few chapters ago he intentionally bites Yuuki in front of Zero to get a reaction, what would you call that but a manipulation? I agree that what he was doing in that last scene was because he was trying to right things because for awhile he had known that Zeki was the best thing for Yuuki & that they both needed to acknowledge their feelings but it reminded me of chapter 89 when he says that he should of entrusted Yuuki to Zero earlier and Yuuki tells Kaname off saying that he can't just force Zero to do what he wants. Of course, he can't force anything because Zero and Yuuki will do what they want in the end but it does feel (to me anyway) like Kaname is doing more than just giving them a nudge in that direction, it's a push.
I'm not being against Kaname, like I said, I actually happen to like Kaname, but he has character flaws, he's not perfect. Kaname is a puppet master, he likes to orchestrate things, that and other flaws are actually what makes him so interesting (to me anyway).
I get your frustration because you feel like Kaname is being picked on so sorry for that, as you said, manipulation probably wasn't the best word but I feel like besides Kaname trying to do the right thing there was a hint of Kaname trying to orchestrate things as per usual. I do agree that manipulation is probably too heavy a word but like I said, I used it for a lack of a better word and because it usually is fitting with Kaname's behavior. Anyway, sorry about that, I didn't meant to imply Kaname has less than good intentions in that situation because I feel like he was very much trying to do the right thing.

2rsa said:
It reminds me of Titanic. Keeping the distances of course, after Jack, rose married and lived a happy life with her husband, yet in her heart Jack always had a very special place.

Titanic is really a pretty different situation. The main triangle we see is between Rose/Cal/Jack. And that triangle ends because even though Jack dies Rose makes the choice to no longer be with Cal. I'm sure Rose was in love with her husband but he is irrelevant to the actual love story because there was never conflict over who to love because it's a separate love at a different time. We never even see the husband because he isn't important to the audience. In the end we see Rose reunited with Jack in the afterlife in order to finally give them a happy ending. Also, despite the triangle in that story, it's nothing like the one in Vampire Knight because Rose is never torn between Cal and Jack, it's a love story between Jack and Rose pure and simple, the relationship to Cal isn't one that she wants, it's planned by her mother and part and parcel of the society life that Rose is trapped in.
I don't think Yuuki's goodbye was just to a friend, we see her remembering Zero with his forehead touching hers in what is definitely a romantic moment. If Yuuki only felt friendship for Zero he wouldn't of become her husband. I think the matter of who Yuuki's 'soul mate' is is left up to interpretation but Yuuki actually does make a choice to be with Zero in the end, sure, Kaname pushes her in that direction but she wouldn't be with Zero if she didn't want to be with him. Also, as other people have pointed out, Yuuki was satisfied with Zero's blood during the time Kaname was in the ice coffin and vampires can only be satisfied by the blood of a loved one so in others words Zero is enough for her. Otherwise she would of been going crazy with hunger, the way Kaname was when Yuuki was a human and the way Zero was when he was without Yuuki.
RE the whole butterfly thing - I think it's pretty clear at this point that I'm biased towards Zero/Yuuki so of course I see it differently but I still think that's a really lovely romantic notion, and I did feel like Hino wrote the scene with Yume subtext so since you adore Yume then I get why you interpret the scene the way you did. Shipping aside I thought it was a beautiful scene for Kaname, he experienced a lot of sadness and loneliness in the manga and I wanted him to be happy or at peace in the end :)
obviouslygeekyMay 29, 2013 9:21 PM
May 29, 2013 9:40 PM

Mar 2013
^^
Lol, wow, this time I feel different. I believe there is a reason why Yuuki never confessed anything to Zero. In Titanic we never got to see Roses husband. In VK we got 1 panel of ZeroxYuuki and a Simple thank you. It really does feel like Titanic. Yuuki gave Zero love and a family but gave Kaname her unconditional love, life and bright light. For me Zero and Yuuki never stepped out of the friend zone even though they lived together. Zero became a shoulder to cry on.
And no, the butterfly doesn't have anything to do with Zero! XD
Yeah the last page was just gorgeous. ^-^
SayNOtoIncest
And I think Titanic was a crappy story. Two teens who meet for a few days and hook up once... ROFL, that is not love. In any case, you cannot really compare the two because the guy Rose marries is not someone she cheated on Jack with.
.[/quote said:

OMG, how can you say that! XD
Vk had no plot and ennded in a forced tragedy. Titanic is a masterpiece!

kapwned said:

I think 'manipulate' is a poor choice of word. Kaname would never force Yuuki to do anything like that, and why would he in his last moments? All he did was pull them in for a hug and said what needed to be said because those two numbnuts wouldn't. He couldn't be with Yuuki anymore, so he was out, and he knew for a long time how she felt about Zero, he even acknowledged it a few times over the series, NEVER did anything to stop those feelings, and all he was doing was saying "Hey, you love this guy, he can give you what I can't, you should be with him." And what does Yuuki do? She runs away because she STILL doesn't want to choose, even if Kaname is dying and can't be with her in the end anyway. I thought that moment was absolutely stupid, mostly on Yuuki's part. Typical Yuuki, she runs off, and pointlessly pulls out Artemis. "Oh no! I have to choose! Time to run away and make a failed attempt to go fight people!"

Kaname was making another last attempt to do things right. He loved Yuuki and he wanted his time with her, you can't blame him for doing and not sending her off sooner. But he eventually learned how it was all going to end, so he got his time with her and in the end, he gave the two his blessing, and so Yuuki wouldn't have to feel so guilty for loving two men.

Oh, I agree. He ended up being the hero while other characters were decorative. Most Zero fans won't change their mind though, which is sad cause obviously that's not what Hino wanted. Most people ignore her hints based on their liking.
2rsaMay 29, 2013 9:52 PM
May 29, 2013 11:15 PM
Jan 2011
It's not that I don't think he isn't flawed. But I do think, like you said, it's not something to necessarily hate him for or to make him a bad character or even a villain. Fans blow it out of proportion sometimes. Yes, they were all pawns in his plan, people should have seen that long ago with the chess references being shoved in our faces, but they weren't forcefully manipulated and it was all to protect Yuuki and a result of the artists poor writing. I think it's just Kaname's way and tendency to act as a leader and I think a lot of people assume that that means the leader means the main man.

But seriously, with the conflicts, the war, etc. I felt this part was painfully lacking and it affected how I took the overall storyline. Like Sara. All she did was lay around with her man servant and posse of turned school girls. The parent melodramatically died over her. Then there's the 'war' that breaks out and there is honestly no action. Then when the whole blessing of Kaname happens and Yuuki runs away, Zero's gun also reacts melodramatically. If any of the other night class people's had been around, they probably could've just picked her up and ran her off somewhere. I know it's a shoujo manga and that the war wasn't the focus, but for the arc it should have been, and they hardly touched into that. For the last arc it's basically been "Who's she gonna pick? :D I don't knoooooow, this chapter it looks like Zero, oh, but in the next chapter it looks like Kaname. Zero again, crap she had sex with Kaname..."

Even shoujo mangas need a balance of elements.
May 29, 2013 11:44 PM
Jul 2018
To add to the discussion above. While I too agree that someone with a cleaner past and background as Zero was the healthier choice for Yuuki, it doesn't necessarily mean that she loved Zero more than Kaname from the begining or ended up loving Zero more than Kaname in the end.

Yeah, being with someone like Kaname might be tough and emotionally draining than being with someone like Zero, but I think Yuuki was still happy being by Kaname's side and easing his lonliness. I think their scenes together in ch 89 before the big climax stressed on that. Take Shion/Mokuren (Please save my Earth), Shuri/Sarasa (Basara) and Vegeta/Bulma (DBZ), most people would agree that the other men that vied for the women's love were a much healthier choice than the ones they ended up with, but I guess you can't choose the person you love.

I'm not against the Zeki ship or Yuuki marrying Zero some years later, but, I don't know, I've always seen this manga as pro Kaname/Yuuki and I just can't wrap my head around the idea that Yuuki loved Zero more than Kaname XD
removed-userMay 30, 2013 2:45 AM
May 30, 2013 2:58 AM

Jun 2009
kapwned said:
It's not that I don't think he isn't flawed. But I do think, like you said, it's not something to necessarily hate him for or to make him a bad character or even a villain. Fans blow it out of proportion sometimes. Yes, they were all pawns in his plan, people should have seen that long ago with the chess references being shoved in our faces, but they weren't forcefully manipulated and it was all to protect Yuuki and a result of the artists poor writing. I think it's just Kaname's way and tendency to act as a leader and I think a lot of people assume that that means the leader means the main man.

But seriously, with the conflicts, the war, etc. I felt this part was painfully lacking and it affected how I took the overall storyline. Like Sara. All she did was lay around with her man servant and posse of turned school girls. The parent melodramatically died over her. Then there's the 'war' that breaks out and there is honestly no action. Then when the whole blessing of Kaname happens and Yuuki runs away, Zero's gun also reacts melodramatically. If any of the other night class people's had been around, they probably could've just picked her up and ran her off somewhere. I know it's a shoujo manga and that the war wasn't the focus, but for the arc it should have been, and they hardly touched into that. For the last arc it's basically been "Who's she gonna pick? :D I don't knoooooow, this chapter it looks like Zero, oh, but in the next chapter it looks like Kaname. Zero again, crap she had sex with Kaname..."

Even shoujo mangas need a balance of elements.

yeah, I know what you mean, the last arc was very disappointing in terms of actual plot, the purebloods / vampires fighting against new weapons being created were never given names they were just a mob and the war was never given the attention that it deserved. As you said, Sara was a disappointment too, I basically felt like the plot towards the end was just background noise, it was very lacking in substance.
When I heard the manga was ending in a few chapters I thought thank goodness because the story had run out of steam but at the same time there were so many loose ends and the triangle kept going so I felt like the ending was going to feel 'rushed'.
I think Hino is capable of doing more, she probably just needs a better editor to make sure she focuses on the actual plot as much as the romance element. The writing in the first arc wasn't anything amazing but I always felt like there was a plot and Rido was a fairly interesting villain - the first arc makes me think Hino is capable of creating a decent story.
From the little side stories and random stuff in the manga I thought Hino had a pretty good sense of humor so I think it would be interesting if she wrote more of a romantic comedy next time for something different...
obviouslygeekyMay 30, 2013 3:01 AM
Jun 2, 2013 3:39 AM

Dec 2009
this ending is just.... in the end zero was used as a replacement for kaname... thanks hino-sensei, you created so many interesting plot twists but except yuukii nobody actually got their happy endings, as a matter of fact, their lives got screwed around just for yuuki...
Jun 2, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2012
I can't believe this. Zero deserves much better than this.
In the end, he has to live with Yuki and Kaname's child and die.
So much mangaka out there can do this better.

This ending totally makes me speechless.
Jun 2, 2013 7:59 AM
Jun 2013
i agree with pretty much what everyone's been saying about the ending and the whole manga itself.
it did start so, so well! grr! what happened?? was it just me who literally didn't understand ANYTHING that happened after yuuki left the academy?

before she left the plot was pretty solid. it was engaging, fast paced, emotional etc. and i actually LIKED the female protagonist. and then she recovered her memories and became this whinny, co-dependent, pathetic, failure of a girl. where did that fight in her we saw at the beginning go?

and then there's the story itself. the stuff before yuuki left the academy made sense. there was a plot we could actually follow and i couldn't wait to see what happened between her and zero. but honestly i have no idea what the eff happened to the plot when she's with kaname. everything was so confusing and i really struggled to follow the story. plus i feel like character development really suffered as the manga progressed.

anyway, onto the ending itself. like everyone else on these forums, i made my peace with the fact the ending would be rushed. but then, there's rushed and there's THIS. i mean what the hell happened?? why why why why would you give us one couple ending (zero and yuuki) and then bloody slap us in the face by dragging the other guy back in the very last page??? when kaname threw his heart into the furnance i literally punched the air in triumph. FINALLY zero and yuuki would end together! jesus! even if they didn't, i would preferred an absolute ending rather than this bullshite we were given.

sorry but i dont consider yuuki sacrificing herself a logical ending. i thought the whole point of all their bloody struggles and pain was to protect her and prevent her from doing exactly what she does do (ie. sacrificing herself). seems counter-productive to sacrifice herself for kaname when the point was that he sacrificed himself for HER.

rant over. i feel less infuriated now. i think i'll go re-read fruits basket to appease my anger.
Jun 2, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
bloopglop said:
rant over. i feel less infuriated now. i think i'll go re-read fruits basket to appease my anger.

LOL I just started watching fruits basket (the anime) for the first time :P

+ I have heard rumors that when the final volume is released Hino is going to include some more content and also explain the ending. IDK if it's true but if it is hopefully Hino will do something to provide fans with more closure and decrease rather than increase the rage so many fans seem to be feeling...
obviouslygeekyJun 2, 2013 6:29 PM
Jun 2, 2013 9:29 PM
Dec 2011
What the actual heck.
Someone gimme my time on this manga back.
Jun 3, 2013 12:48 AM

Jan 2013
xiie said:
What the actual heck.

+1

For Realz!!!
Jun 7, 2013 2:31 AM

Mar 2011
xiie said:
What the actual heck.
Jun 7, 2013 11:43 PM

May 2010
FireHeart said:
xiie said:
What the actual heck.

Me too!!!!
wtf ending, shit hits the fan...author ran out of material...long time ago.
Jun 9, 2013 1:05 PM
Jan 2011
I guess i'm going against majority opinion again to say i shockingly enjoyed this ending lol.

My reasons are:

1. It finally ended after 7+ years? So props for Hino for all your hardwork
2. There was no corny scenes of Yuki/Zero or Yuki/Kaname at the end
3. Less melodrama than i expected
4. Kaname get his perfect ending (he wakes up with no memories and no Yuki, Zero, or revenge seeking vampire minions)
5. Zero and Yuki died
6. All in all everything i hoped for, even though it happens 1000 years later. But better late than never :)
Jun 12, 2013 2:12 AM
Jul 2010
obviouslygeeky said:
I'm not too sure why people were expecting that suddenly the writing was going to be amazing and we would get an actual plot after chapters and chapters of fail. This is probably why I'm not disappointed, because I just assumed Hino was going to take one last chance to troll us :D
The only thing I don't get is why people are calling this a 'threesome' ending. To me OT3 would be Zero, Yuuki and Kaname being happy together. In my opinion, even though both ships are canon since Yuuki loved both guys, there is only one endgame ship: Zero/Yuuki.
Basically: Girl gets pregnant by her fiancé (nothing wrong with them sleeping together, they are engaged and in love), due to circumstances they break up and she moves on to the other guy who she is also in love with. She then stays committed to the one guy for the remainder of her life, while raising her children (one of whom is from a former relationship, something not uncommon these days) and then when the love of her life dies she also decides to die and in the act of death gives the fiance who she didn't up with another chance of life.
Even though Yuuki's last act was out of love for Kaname, this isn't a Yume end, to me a Yume end or two pairing ending would of been if Yuuki lived with Zero and then when Zero died she woke up Kaname and then lived with him, that would of been her getting both guys. The spoilers seem to indicate that while she loved both Kaname bowed out and then after living her life with Zero he ended up being the one Yuuki stayed by, when he died she died also, she didn't move on to Kaname next. Yes, it seems that since Hino loves to troll there are moments for each ship in the final chapter, but that doesn't mean that Yuuki didn't make up her mind about who she was going to be with. I say just enjoy the moments your ship gets and the scenes with characters you like because of course the final chapter's plot isn't amazing, there was no way it was going to be after chapters of bad writing. I love Hino's art and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bashing her but I've thought her plot was lacking for 80% of this manga.

I cannot tell you how much i agree 100% The anime did start sucking somwhere in the middle. in fact i just stopped understanding what the hell was going on. the dialogue was all over the place too and it was just - BAD. Although I do feel that is quite horrible for Yuki to make Zero her Kaname - replacement but well.. I'd rather go with your theory about this whole thing because I think I like it more. Buuuut well I am a hardcore Zeki shipper from the very beggining so I agreed with this ending quite a bit. Sorry to say that I wasn't at all that bothered about Kaname sacrificing himself.Ugh I just feel sad though thinking about this: what if Yuki hadn't turned Kaname human? I mean.. I don't think that should've happened.. I know shes quite depressed after everything that's happened but like.. she lived with zero and her son and daughter happily..so why ruin that peace and kill herself, leaving her children behind? hmm if it were the case that she didn't want to live without zero by her side..then well ok i guess. but i still think itwas a selfish move. stay with your bloody children! don't make the same mistakes your parents made!! stay with them! raise them and show them the sunshine and the love and the HAPPINESS that you and zero and kaname always wanted. DON'T REPEAT HISTORY!

but.. well i still enjoyed this hell of a ride i guess. so thanks Hino Matsuri for finishing it, no matter how hastily and made just for our sake, it is. just. THANK YOU I guess. and long live Zeki in heaven <3
Jun 12, 2013 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
Ugh, I'm so glad I haven't been following this series for so long (maybe 1~2 years only).
-pats everyone who's raging right now-
Jun 14, 2013 6:05 AM
Jun 2013
I've re-read it for the 3rd time. Why does Zero have to die?! UGH!
Jun 14, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
I was disappointed with the ending. Like totally. Since the first time this came out, Ive already read it and patiently waiting for the monthly release. and now, it ended like this? I mean, hey?! knock, knock? *sigh!*
oh well, i love kaname though so i guess I can be okay with this.
human kaname woke up. *happy ending...*

a comment i cant keep myself to not tell though:
I DON'T LIKE YUUKI! Of all the heroines i read/watched, she is seriously indecisive. until the end, she did not go with one guy, worse is KURAN KANAME MYLOVE was the one who decided for her, and what's that? Go with the FLOW?! and then in the end, saying something like "TO WHOM I LOVE" to Kaname and how about Zero? Ugh.

The children though, its obvious that the girl is Kaname's and the guy is Zero's.. :) TO make myself happy; I made my own ending where in, Kaname will live both of them and make their lives happy without remembering Yuuki. HAHA. *evil laugh*
Jun 14, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
can't believe it ended this way.. very disappointed
2dh7dzm.png
Jun 16, 2013 9:56 PM

Mar 2011
leez23 said:
I've re-read it for the 3rd time. Why does Zero have to die?! UGH!
Because he's not immortal.
Jun 16, 2013 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
FUCK THIS MANGAAAAAAAAAAAA. Its so bad and its just not what I had expected. *sob sob.
Jun 17, 2013 5:59 PM
Nov 2010
xiie said:
What the actual heck.

LOL I couldn't agree more! Should've spent my time reading stuff that was actually worth it, instead I always kept on giving this manga a chance, hoping that it'd get better. -_-'
Jun 19, 2013 5:26 PM
Jun 2013
OK guys, stop saying Yuuki made Zero her replacement for Kaname because she didin't. She gave Zero a son, and I don't think she could do that If Zero was only a replacement ??

She chose to live with Zero for a thousand years she didin't has to do that. She could have slept with Kaname... Vampires to da that. The can sleep for even for eternity....but instead Yuuki gave her life to Zero.

And why don't you guys notice that after Zero died Yuuki chosed to die TOO. She could have stayed with Kaname and she said she loved him but I think after Zero died she didin't want to stay longer in this world WITHOUT ZERO. So I think she really loved him If she didin't want to live without him.

And those kids AREN'T KIDS ANYMORE... ! They are over 1000 years old...! So don't need to look after them I guess they will be looking after human Kaname , especially If the girl is really his daughter.

I think Hino left us much to our OWN interpretations. She didin't give us full answers and I like that.

And what I think that above all this ENDING IS JUST EXTREMELY SAD. I feel like crying.... first of all that Yuuki and Zero died... and second that Kaname has no longer any memories of Yuukie... after all the've been through....

For Me the perfect ending would be Yuuki Kaname and Zero living together for eternity... :):)
Harutobi89Jun 19, 2013 5:30 PM
Jun 20, 2013 5:41 PM
Jun 2010
i hated the ending!! grrrr :(
yes, I wanted a happy ending with all of them living happily ever after!
I wanted Zero to find happiness and to be with someone who truly and deeply love him!!
I wanted Yuki to be with Kaname forever and to bear his children and give him his long awaited happiness!
I wanted that hunter(yagari sensei) to confess his love to that girl vampire
I'm really sad... Zero had to die! and Yuki has to give her life for Kaname's sake and to let him live again for the 3rd time..but at least as a human being :(
Jun 21, 2013 2:43 AM
Jun 2013
I don't get why everyone is hating on this ending or the final chalters so much. I thought the author ended it beautifully.

For the zeke fans, Zero and Yuki ended up in a solid relationship, getting married, and staying like that for almost a thousand years. Zero died because he wasn't a pureblood vampire, and he died happy.

Yuki's children (and whether or not the girl is kaname's seems to be an intentionally ambiguous issue) are grown up, they don't need her any more.

I think the fact that kaname sacrificed himself and his relationship with yuki for the greater good was beautiful. The fact that he wasn't bitter and gave his blessing to yuki and zero was even better.

I'll concede that Aido spontaneously finding a cure was a little trippy and wasn't the best bit of writing I've read - it seems a little last minute.

And then the bit where yuki sacrifices herself so that kaname can live as a human. Yuki had lived a full life with zero, and then zero died, and any person whose spouse has died will tell you that it isn't easy. Yuki's children were grown up, they didn't need her. I think her giving up her life for her old lover, or even just for her brother is poetic and beautiful. Hino finished it off well.

I also loved the bit where she tied up the endings for all the supporting characters - ruka and akatsuki yay! Rima and shiki so cute together. And sayori - my favourite character - she looked happy too.

Oh, and stop calling yuki a slut! She had sex with her fiancé, which, while I as a christian see that as being slightly trippy, really isn't anywhere bad enough for that label. She was with one guy and had sex with him. He then died (or became as good as dead) and so she married another guy. It happens, live with it. Or do you think all remarrying widows are sluts?
Jun 22, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
No...I think we fans have a right to be disappointed in the ending. A lot of people don't like Yuki, so there aren't that many who might be saddened about her death...but I'm sure a lot of fans are mad about Zero's death.

To be honest...I don't really care for the manga much...I actually like the anime a whole lot better...so I'm regretting my decision on reading the manga when I was satisfied with the way the anime ended....serves me right I guess.

Anyways, rather than hating or liking the ending of this manga...it's more of the line that I think a sad/bitter ending didn't really suit this manga. What I mean is, there are manga/anime which a sad ending is perfect for...like Death Note and Code Geass. But a romance manga like this which had a lot of tragic and sad things happen in it, should have had a happy ending. I'm saying this as a writer. If I write a story with a lot of sad things in it, for the readers sake, I'd make sure that they get a happy ending for everything I've put them through...or at least a decent ending that they could be satisfied with.

Okay...even if the mangaka couldn't give this a "happy ending" I think she could have ended it differently. There was so many ways she could have ended this....and more importantly, this still had potential to grow.

Two, three years on this manga and despite the ups and down I received from reading this, I get an ending that made me go "Eh? Whatever." No matter how beautiful the art or the story, if the ending doesn't live up to it, it's just another manga that doesn't leave a deep impression.

Well....anyway, just my opinion about the whole thing. *moves on to the next manga*
Jun 24, 2013 8:13 PM
Jun 2013
Glad I put this manga down around volume 8(US) and never picked it back up.
Jun 24, 2013 10:52 PM
Dec 2011
Simonoz said:
I
For the zeke fans, Zero and Yuki ended up in a solid relationship, getting married, and staying like that for almost a thousand years. Zero died because he wasn't a pureblood vampire, and he died happy.

Yuki's children (and whether or not the girl is kaname's seems to be an intentionally ambiguous issue) are grown up, they don't need her any more.

I think the fact that kaname sacrificed himself and his relationship with yuki for the greater good was beautiful. The fact that he wasn't bitter and gave his blessing to yuki and zero was even better.

I have to agree with this. In the end, they all got what they wanted. Yuki got Kaname and Zero. Had a child from both of them and she got to die right after Zero by giving her life to Kaname. Zero was with Yuki for 1,000 years and Kaname got to fulfill his promise to the woman he loved over 10,000 years ago. Even though there was so much pain involved, they all got a slice of wha they really wanted, rather than having nothing at all. As the saying goes, "It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all".

Maybe I'm biased though, because I'm a big fan of NANA, where Hachi is constantly torn between two men as well, but she doesn't get such a heartwarming ending. Hachi's ending is pretty bitter, with really nothing working out, which is a much more realistic ending IRL.

I guess, I see it as all three of them got happiness in their own way, even if it wasn't infinite and came with pain. Compared to RL, Yuki, Kaname and Zero got it pretty damn good (IMO).
Jun 26, 2013 9:40 PM
Jun 2013
I was wondering are there any yuuki fans left in the world? no? no? well the author is. true feminist. i am sorry i've never read it before or watched the anime. i read all of it at a go but what i get from it is the writer is trying to show us that a girl can have it all. heres what I thought- yuuki really hated kaname and zero because they wouldn't just live in a manage e trois with her.

so, once kaname died leaving her preggers, she decided to go with option number two mr. zero who for the rest of his life played family to his arch rival's child (the girl child is kaname's, only she calls him her other father, not the boy child) and girl. I'm sure leading kaname's life for him was a pleasure beyond measure for zero. (sarcasm) and i'm sure yuuki did not pretend to whine about her irrevocable and unfulfilled love for kaname for atleast 500 of those 1000 years they spent together. (again, sarcasm) that was her f-you to zero. but he was apparently happy so good on you sir zero. your a good man. but yuuki if she really loved zero would have given him his humanity back (something he tried to desperately cling onto) and died with kaname or at least left him alone to find happiness with someone who wouldn't discuss his arch rival for 500 years. but as i mentioned i think both the guys were just a game for her.

now kaname- imo she loved him a little more than she did zero and definitely hated him a lot more than she hated zero. she was ready to die for his humanity even before he sacrificed his heart, something she apparently wasn't ready to do for zero, but she knew that kaname never once cared for humanity for himself. he didnt even know what that was- pureblood and all. all he wanted was her or death. not humanity. but she decided to 'gift' him 80 more years of utter loneliness (as if anyone would want to be with someone who is a 100K years old, has a 1000 year old child and is jaded beyond measure) because clearly he hasn't had enough (sarcasm again). that was her final f-you to kaname.

Moral of the story: you can walk over men who love you, be completely inconsiderate of their feelings and juggle them around according to your fancy but at the end of the day you can sleep with both of them, have children with both of them, and both will sacrifice their life for you. you can eat your cake and have it too. dats the most feminist manga i've ever read for sure. you go yuuki!
Jun 26, 2013 10:12 PM
Jun 2013
oreobunbun said:
Simonoz said:
I

I have to agree with this. In the end, they all got what they wanted. Yuki got Kaname and Zero. Had a child from both of them and she got to die right after Zero by giving her life to Kaname. Zero was with Yuki for 1,000 years and Kaname got to fulfill his promise to the woman he loved over 10,000 years ago. Even though there was so much pain involved, they all got a slice of wha they really wanted, rather than having nothing at all. As the saying goes, "It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all".

Maybe I'm biased though, because I'm a big fan of NANA, where Hachi is constantly torn between two men as well, but she doesn't get such a heartwarming ending. Hachi's ending is pretty bitter, with really nothing working out, which is a much more realistic ending IRL.

I guess, I see it as all three of them got happiness in their own way, even if it wasn't infinite and came with pain. Compared to RL, Yuki, Kaname and Zero got it pretty damn good (IMO).

I loved NANA! that was the kind of ending I was hoping for. Hachi's end was painful but realistic and befitting of her situation. decisions have consequences and Yuuki gets off without any repercussions. its ridiculous.
Jun 27, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2012
And so we show that the author created extra characters for the sake of just being random things to occupy panels and delay the story, no plot between them in the end. Whether it be the first night class, the second night class, random purebloods, etc. All that mattered throughout was a few characters to make Zero powerful only to destroy one person. Then that power became basically nothing, reset, and then deviated at the end to close off the largest fight for no reason.

This story was basically a shounin without ever making fights cool. So basically... Shounins are better than this, cause at least side characters are either fodder or useful, not panels to make a 12 page long story into a 93 chapter.

People may disagree, but Sara was the best character in this series. Because she did something rather than sit around the main three hypocrits. To explain, we have "Yeah, I'm just gonna set my goal different ways, then make my last line completely negate everything I've done through this story" Then the typical shounin heroine (now staring in what's supposed to be a romance!). And finally "This girl literally is a ditz that's made me forced to baby her throughout the entire story, let's fall for her despite the fact that she really is no different than a pre-teen crushing on everything in sight"
Jul 1, 2013 11:28 AM
Jul 2013
just finished reading this and a am very glad that the anime is different so far. they have a chance to fix the ending so i don't end up killing the creator of the series. though I'm planning on making a rode trip to japan and slapping him personally for killing zero. seriously though. of all characters to live, they chose Kaname. Yuuki... is a slut... yes i said it. but it's true! i liked her when she was human because at least she had a heart. although I'm happy that zero and Yuuki got together, im upset that she "went all the way" with her brother. yes, i know they were engaged but im still rather disturbed about it. the ending was so bad that i ended up crying because i was wondering if that was really it. i hope that whenever the next series of vampire knight comes out they decide to fix the flaws though im not sure if it's worth watching the rest to get my hopes crushed. one thing that they really didn't cover was if zero went to level e or not. or did he die of old age. oh well. for now i'll just stick with fan fictions that have good endings to it. ha. the ending was so bad that there's a thunder storm currently . i blame the ending lol.
Jul 3, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
The manga went bad after Sara's silly death. There was so much promise before that, however, after she died all curious hints at developing plot threads were gone. As if those plot threads ceased to exist altogether! Instead we got a true deus ex machina: suddenly the metal was spoilt and Kaname had to sacrifice himself to replace it. And that became the new story. Well, if Sara was meant to be a red herring, she did cover up the disappointing 2nd arc pretty well for a while...

Usually when an author abandons all plot ideas and moves onto something else disconnected from the rest, it's called bad writing, so let's hope that Hino was told to finish up quicker and absolutely had to mess up.

This new story about metal going bad was so awful, to boot. No explanation why it went bad was provided, Yuki's attempted memory wipe had no meaning for the story (as if it did not belong and was taken out of a different story plan), finding the cure for vampirism came out of nowhere, a mysterious survival of Aido's father was left unexplained.

The whole new story was incredibly sappy, what with Kaname pretending to be evil to push Yuuki away to spare her pain. He was acting like a child who failed to grasp that what he was doing hurt much more than the truth. I don't find it logical for him to behave like this, he's supposed to be very old and wise.

Neither I found the ending logical. It implies that Kaname's dream was to be a human, but that promotes the idea that he could NOT stomach being a vampire, after all. If that's the message of the manga, then why did Zero embrace his vampirism? The message of the manga is highly inconsistent. Which convinced me that there was no message and we readers were supposed to care only about shipping. My intelligence feels slighly insulted. *doesn't know whether to laugh or cry*
Jul 3, 2013 3:40 PM

Jan 2012
To be honest, even though many people dislike it - this was probably the best ending the authors could have written there. The whole roller coaster of the relationship between these 3 dragged on throughout the whole story, of course it was a pretty abrupt ending though.

Yuuki lived her life with Zero, who couldn't live forever and then exchanged her own life to 'revive' Kaname and give him a human life. It was pretty beautiful and bittersweet at the same time :) Still feels like Kaname was sorta the fifth wheel, getting nothing of the 'cake', even though he wanted her to live with Zero. It's not just that though, the whole story and how it ended up like that was pretty chaotic and confusing to me. Why did he even have to do that? Before he started rampaging and killing people no one was even bothered by his existence.

I still want a 3rd and 4th season of the Anime please!!!
NendzJul 3, 2013 3:46 PM
Jul 5, 2013 12:15 AM
Dec 2011
jino90 said:

I loved NANA! that was the kind of ending I was hoping for. Hachi's end was painful but realistic and befitting of her situation. decisions have consequences and Yuuki gets off without any repercussions. its ridiculous.

Yay! Another NANA fan!
I agree. There was so much pain in the manga, that having the ending with so much more hurt and love just worked well for me. Yuki really does get off easy. Her men are completely understanding of her love for both and they are willing to work around it!

I also agree that the author is a true feminist, if not just a woman with his aspirations. Polyandry, one woman having multiple male partners with consent, is real and practiced today. I feel that Yuki is doing just that. Both Zero and Kaname know that she couldn't decided and they were willing to wait for her. Both men KNEW what they were getting into and CONSENTED to the painful relationship. So yes, people can say "Poor Zero/Kaname, they deserve so much better", but both men loved Yuki so much, they were willing to put up with her indecisive-ness. Of course, I can understand why people feel the men deserve better, but Poylandry/Polygamy is real and does happen.

I liked the ending. I hurt and was so beautiful at the same time. It showed how much love Yuki had for the both of men and how much love both of them had for Yuki. They all choose thier partner to be Yuki and they suffered the (lack of) consequences.

>Again, all my opinion. Just saying how I feel.
Jul 11, 2013 6:32 AM
Jul 2013
Yesterday evening I have read the last chapter
and I was like WTF?
I am so disappointed

I wanted Yuuki and Zero to end up together but not in SUCH way
even if Yuuki stayed with Zero it feels like Yume ending like someone mentioned it here before
so Yuuki never loved Zero? I feel like she treated him as a replacement
and Yuuki all her life was thinking about Kaname, she devoted her life for Kaname
that is really really gay ending

like you guys said before Hino should have made more chapters to explain us better the end of this story
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.