Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2013 7:36 PM
Sep 2013
MikasaxEren said:
supersquatchy said:
Oh my god.. I FOUND A FORUM TALKING ABOUT THIS!! I CAN STOP ASSAULTING MY FRIENDS WITH MY CRAZY THEORIES lol.

I'm new to this board.. I read as much as I could but I couldn't read EVERYTHING.. I hope I'm not repeating anyone's theory! I've been theorizing for a while and this is what I have.. refined.

**CONTAINS SPOILERS**
However, I think that everyone on this board is either up to date or wants it to be spoiled for them lol...

First.. people are titans.. that's pretty much been established. But when did people start turning into titans and how? I think that it has to do with the ape titan. I think that the ape titan used to be a person and I think he's behind it all. What we know from Ymir is that she was a titan for 60 years.. so it seems as if whatever turns people into titans allows longevity. Something else to notice is that the titan shifters all have exposed muscle and no skin.. however.. Eren and Ymir have skin. I'll get to that in a moment. I think that the titan shifters are part of an elite that were created above the other titans. I don't think that they were normal titans to begin with. Assuming that titans were created by the ape titan (when he was human).. this was purposeful. They mention that the humans were fighting each other before titans came into existence and that the titans have caused humans to have to ally. It seems as if the ape titan (as a human), had some sort of hatred for humans and their fighting.. he had to have been a scientist or something to achieve what he has achieved. I don't think this was an experiment gone wrong, it was completely intentional. He must have created titans to eradicate the human race. How do you spread something like this to SO many people? What does everyone need? Water. He put the virus or bacteria or whatever in the water. The elite (titan shifters) must have been good to him so he spared them from the mindlessness of becoming a normal titan. He either injected them with something special OR gave them a vaccine that counteracts with the bacteria/virus and causes them to become shifters. So the shifters, being an elite that the ape titan spared.. needed a place to live. They were still vulnerable but outmatched all the regular titans when in their titan form.. however... they can't be in that form all the time. This is why the walls were created. It wasn't to protect the humans, it was to protect the shifters, to give them a place to be safe. It makes perfect sense since the wall is made up of colossal titan shifters. However, somehow, the humans made it into the walls or something along those lines and settled. The titan shifters had to find a new place to go (Mind you, the titan shifters also want to eradicate the human race), this is the village that Bertholt and Reiner keep mentioning.

Back to these unusual titan shifters... Everything isn't 100% successful. Ymir was turned into a normal titan and somehow managed to escape it later on. She's VERY old seeing as she can read an ancient language that other people have know knowledge of how to read. She's gained control of her titan ability because __________ (I don't have that figured out yet).

Now.. this brings us to Eren... and tied into that.. Grisha. I have no doubt that Grisha was a titan shifter. However, I think that with him it's one of those beauty and the beast stories. Grisha falls in love with a human, and has a human child, Eren. Now, he isn't going to go around slaughtering humans because of this. He becomes all good and becomes a doctor. The plague he saved people from? The titan virus/bacteria. He knew what it was and how to cure it because he was a titan himself, but part of the elite that obviously have more knowledge. He must have been close to the ape titan.. or maybe the ape titan was possibly his brother??? So.. after all hell breaks loose and the titans break through the walls that first time... he injects Eren with the titan juice to give him a better chance of survival. Eren mentions that he's been acting weird ever since his mother died.. that's because Grisha knew he was in trouble. He was in trouble for betraying his fellow titan shifters.. in fact.. it could be the reason they broke through the walls. That might be why he left.. to keep Eren safe. I also believe that he is dead. Murdered for his betrayal. I don't think that Eren will be reunited with him. Eren is shifter with skin because 1. Grisha created that injection based off of his brother's work 2. Eren is highly compatible with the "titan juice" and that's why Bert and Reiner want him... maybe.

So... that's my theory regarding the whole background of everything. To me.. it seems to fit together pretty well.. scarily well.. though there are some flaws. I'm not sure what's going to happen though.
I'm sorry this was so unorganized.. it's just that everything is SO intertwined it's hard to categorize these things! Honestly... if you read my rambling you're awesome!
All that really matters is who you ship together.......

Not srs, great post. Do you think Grisha did anything to Mikasa? To make her as strong as she is? I can totally see Grisha being a former bad guy who fell in love with Carla and changed his ways. I like your theory on how the walls were created and the true purpose of them, I do think RBA's motives are not that "moral" but just doing what they were told so they can go back home.

About Eren's titan form having skin, it might just be what his body manifests as a titan body. Of it could have been done by the author to make the "rouge titan" fit in with the other titans more, to ty and make the reveal better.

Hmm well I was trying to figure out if he did anything to Mikasa or not. Looking at the timeline.. how they killed those thugs before Grisha took Mikasa under his wing. In that event Mikasa displayed some of her strength.. when she broke the floorboard. That one scene, that one small detail... though it could have just been for a dramatic, dynamic moment... all the small details in this series shouldn't be overlooked. Almost ALL of them have very important meaning or are a very important hint. Like how Reiner, Bert, and Annie all have a Roman nose.. so does that guy in the military police.. the squad that Annie is in.. I think is name is Marlow??? Anyway... so it seems as if Mikasa had that sort of strength on, and before the day her parents were killed. HOWEVER Grisha knew the family and had visited them before.. was he going to check up on how Mikasa's "powers" were doing? I mean, the other strong character in the series is Levi.. but it's his technique that makes him a great soldier. I don't think Mikasa is one of those comedically strong anime girls... there's certainly a reason behind her strength. Grisha would be the most capable person of infusing her with such strength.

As for Eren's apparent abundance of skin (lol).. you're right.. it does sound possible for it to be for the big reveal.. but again.. detail. There is soo much detail. It really does seem possible that it was really just for technical purposes though.

And for the most important thing of all...
I ship..
Eren x Levi.. because really.. look at all that official art.. how can anyone not xD
But everything must have a backstory.. so I say it was Erwin and Levi before Levi and Eren. I also refuse to accept that Eren is 15 and Levi is 30. No. Sorry Hajime Isayama but you're wrong. Eren is 19 or something and Levi is more like 24. Look at Jean though.. he is NOT 15. They're all lying. TT-TT
Sep 17, 2013 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
supersquatchy said:
[

Hmm well I was trying to figure out if he did anything to Mikasa or not. Looking at the timeline.. how they killed those thugs before Grisha took Mikasa under his wing. In that event Mikasa displayed some of her strength.. when she broke the floorboard. That one scene, that one small detail... though it could have just been for a dramatic, dynamic moment... all the small details in this series shouldn't be overlooked. Almost ALL of them have very important meaning or are a very important hint. Like how Reiner, Bert, and Annie all have a Roman nose.. so does that guy in the military police.. the squad that Annie is in.. I think is name is Marlow??? Anyway... so it seems as if Mikasa had that sort of strength on, and before the day her parents were killed. HOWEVER Grisha knew the family and had visited them before.. was he going to check up on how Mikasa's "powers" were doing? I mean, the other strong character in the series is Levi.. but it's his technique that makes him a great soldier. I don't think Mikasa is one of those comedically strong anime girls... there's certainly a reason behind her strength. Grisha would be the most capable person of infusing her with such strength.

As for Eren's apparent abundance of skin (lol).. you're right.. it does sound possible for it to be for the big reveal.. but again.. detail. There is soo much detail. It really does seem possible that it was really just for technical purposes though.

And for the most important thing of all...
I ship..
Eren x Levi.. because really.. look at all that official art.. how can anyone not xD
But everything must have a backstory.. so I say it was Erwin and Levi before Levi and Eren. I also refuse to accept that Eren is 15 and Levi is 30. No. Sorry Hajime Isayama but you're wrong. Eren is 19 or something and Levi is more like 24. Look at Jean though.. he is NOT 15. They're all lying. TT-TT

Eren looks 15 to me, look at his height compared to his fathers, he still has some growing left to do. I know little details are important in this manga, which is what started me shipping Eren and Mikasa, seeing as the last thing she discussed with her parents was having children of her own and then Eren came into her life. That and the scarf, which to me seems an obvious nod to the red string/ribbon of fate - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate - note how it is often referred to in Japanese Manga

I think Mikasa's "powers" is why Grisha was so willing to take her into his family, of course I think Eren would have done something if Grisha didn't, but he suggested it first.
Sep 17, 2013 7:44 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
supersquatchy said:
[

I think Mikasa's "powers" is why Grisha was so willing to take her into his family, of course I think Eren would have done something if Grisha didn't, but he suggested it first.

I always thought that her 'power' was gained because she somehow managed to 'control' her brain to 'unlock' and bring out her full potentials out of despair. No idea if her real extraordinary strength was actually artificial or natural born.
Sep 17, 2013 10:50 AM
Sep 2013
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:
supersquatchy said:
[

I always thought that her 'power' was gained because she somehow managed to 'control' her brain to 'unlock' and bring out her full potentials out of despair. No idea if her real extraordinary strength was actually artificial or natural born.

Oooh the red string of fate! I hadn't caught that! It's actually perfect.. but.. I still don't ship them xD At least there is a very strong base for the ship.

The idea of Mikasa being able to 'unlock' her brain seems like a very interesting idea. Could that make her immune to becoming a titan? Because she's so in control of her mind and body?

Also. They say how she's the last of her kind. I've been wondering about that lately. Is she really? What exactly happened to everyone else of her race? I don't think that will be left untouched. It's got to be a piece of the puzzle.
Sep 17, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
supersquatchy said:

Oooh the red string of fate! I hadn't caught that! It's actually perfect.. but.. I still don't ship them xD At least there is a very strong base for the ship.

The idea of Mikasa being able to 'unlock' her brain seems like a very interesting idea. Could that make her immune to becoming a titan? Because she's so in control of her mind and body?

Also. They say how she's the last of her kind. I've been wondering about that lately. Is she really? What exactly happened to everyone else of her race? I don't think that will be left untouched. It's got to be a piece of the puzzle.

How can you not ship them, it's for great justice! (And probably the only way Mikasa can be truly happy once again)
About Mikasa being the last of her kind, I think it is because where the walls are based, obviously somewhere in Europe, so most people of Asian descent didn't make it into the walls and so probably were devoured by titans.
Mikasa herself isn't a pure blood anyway, her father was European.
I think Mikasa "unlocking" her powers, could be herself activating her powers that maybe Dr.Yaeger gave her? Mikasa just seems to superhuman to me to be just "control" of her body. She is already stated to be worth 100 standard soldiers, and she has only just come out of training. Only Mike and Levi, and Eren (in titan form) are shown to be better than her.
it is interesting to note when it comes down to it, Mikasa and Eren are both very similar, in that they are passionate about protecting those they love and achieving their dreams (Living outside the walls for Eren, being by Erens side for Mikasa).
Sep 17, 2013 1:49 PM
Sep 2013
Reasons for not shipping them are pretty simple: You're either not into sibling-lovestories (not gonna call it incest cause they're not related by blood) or you simply don't like one of the two characters or both.
For me it's as simple as not liking Mikasa. Not that I dislike her in the manga, I actually dislike her whole concept cause it seems lazy. Her background is pretty sad and her character would have lots of potential because of that, but in the end she happens to be someone that has lots of feats but almost no personality. So far she's simply Erens obsessed supersoldier-sidekick. If Eren seems to be dead she wants to die, if Eren is alive she wants to stay close to him: Thats her whole personality in a nutshell.
Dunno, to me a lazy concept like that is acceptable in something as stupid as Dragonball or Naruto but in SnK I prefer the characters that have any depth to them (which is pretty much everyone EXCEPT for Mikasa).

As for Mikasas strength. I guess she's just a prodigy. True she's way stronger than most normal soldiers and trainees eventho she's still green but then again Levi is far stronger than she is because he has experience. If Mikasa was experimented on to get so strong, then that'd mean Levi must have been experimented on by Yaeger aswell and that just makes no sense. They are both prodigies and that's all there is to it.

But if I'm perfectly honest: As much as I doubt it'll happen, I'd be very happy if she turned out to be a shifter. Not because she'd be strong, but because that would actually give her slightly more depth. She'd become an interesting character instead of just being the obsessed badass nuisance.
Sep 17, 2013 2:40 PM

Aug 2013
LestrangeHakase said:
Reasons for not shipping them are pretty simple: You're either not into sibling-lovestories (not gonna call it incest cause they're not related by blood) or you simply don't like one of the two characters or both.
For me it's as simple as not liking Mikasa. Not that I dislike her in the manga, I actually dislike her whole concept cause it seems lazy. Her background is pretty sad and her character would have lots of potential because of that, but in the end she happens to be someone that has lots of feats but almost no personality. So far she's simply Erens obsessed supersoldier-sidekick. If Eren seems to be dead she wants to die, if Eren is alive she wants to stay close to him: Thats her whole personality in a nutshell.
Dunno, to me a lazy concept like that is acceptable in something as stupid as Dragonball or Naruto but in SnK I prefer the characters that have any depth to them (which is pretty much everyone EXCEPT for Mikasa).

As for Mikasas strength. I guess she's just a prodigy. True she's way stronger than most normal soldiers and trainees eventho she's still green but then again Levi is far stronger than she is because he has experience. If Mikasa was experimented on to get so strong, then that'd mean Levi must have been experimented on by Yaeger aswell and that just makes no sense. They are both prodigies and that's all there is to it.

But if I'm perfectly honest: As much as I doubt it'll happen, I'd be very happy if she turned out to be a shifter. Not because she'd be strong, but because that would actually give her slightly more depth. She'd become an interesting character instead of just being the obsessed badass nuisance.

Neither one of them refers to each other as brother and sister, Eren even states the opposite "I'm not your son or your little brother" and he would be her little brother, seeing as she is older than him. But nott getting into to much detail on this, well this time anyway

On Mikasa's character, I can understand why some people such as yourself don't like her, its the same reason I like her. I enjoy her simple character, because her motivation is so pure, to protect the person she loves. I'm not sure if I would describe it as lazy because without Mikasa, Eren wouldn't get far, although that goes both ways obviously. Her intense focus on Eren is interesting to me, because it is the source of some of the most powerful emotions in the manga.
Mikasa also has some noticeable interactions with Armin, where he almost seems afraid that Mikasa is going to hurt him when she finds out Eren is dead. That and we recently learned about her rivalry with Annie (Although that was caused by jealousy of Annie and Eren training)

The reason I highlighted her strength is what she did when she was 9, breaking that knife handle and that floorboard, that's some insane strength for a 9 year old. Its just that little details mean so much in this manga, and we see these crazy strength feats and learn that Dr. Yeager visited her as a child, and we know he isn't against experimenting? (Eren's titan form) on children.
Comparing her to Levi, yes he is stronger than her, but he has had years upon years of experience and of course is extremely talented. But to be honest it seems that Mikasa will reach his level soon enough and in the future surpass him.
Sep 17, 2013 3:50 PM
Jul 2013
supersquatchy said:

Well it seemed that way from her monologue at that time. So kinda said after finally realizing that the world was indeed cruel and accepted it, at that time she could completely in control of her body and know that she could make her body do anything. There was an image of electrocuted brain before she crashed the knife or broke the wooden floor before launching.
Well at least that's how I saw it. All humans are potentially have strong power but were limited by the brain so we could only release about less than 10% of our full ability.
Regarding if she had been given extra strength or power by Grisha or if it has something to do with her descent, none had been confirmed.

Probably her mother is the last pure blood oriental that lives on the surface. Who knows if in the underground world, orientals had existed merely as merchandises for the pleasure of perverted rich people. From the talk between the kidnappers it was indicated slave trading had been going on for long and orientals seemed to have much higher value because of their rarity.
Sep 17, 2013 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
yuquall said:
supersquatchy said:

Well it seemed that way from her monologue at that time. So kinda said after finally realizing that the world was indeed cruel and accepted it, at that time she could completely in control of her body and know that she could make her body do anything. There was an image of electrocuted brain before she crashed the knife or broke the wooden floor before launching.
Well at least that's how I saw it. All humans are potentially have strong power but were limited by the brain so we could only release about less than 10% of our full ability.
Regarding if she had been given extra strength or power by Grisha or if it has something to do with her descent, none had been confirmed.

Probably her mother is the last pure blood oriental that lives on the surface. Who knows if in the underground world, orientals had existed merely as merchandises for the pleasure of perverted rich people. From the talk between the kidnappers it was indicated slave trading had been going on for long and orientals seemed to have much higher value because of their rarity.

About that 10% of your muscles thing, you use more than that, but not all of their capacity. The reason is that if use 100% of their capacity you tear them up and get injured, so your body limits what you can do.
Sep 17, 2013 6:51 PM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:

About that 10% of your muscles thing, you use more than that, but not all of their capacity. The reason is that if use 100% of their capacity you tear them up and get injured, so your body limits what you can do.

I wasn't saying about the muscles though.
There is a belief that human's limitations are actually caused by the brain itself. We filled it up with fears, pain and maybe other negative thoughts so it only lets 10% of our capability used. This could be the reason why Mikasa appears so emotionless after her power came out, so she could negate anything that might cause her weakness.

But this is only a theory. Japanese like these kinds of myths or superstitions so it is possible.
Sep 17, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:

I wasn't saying about the muscles though.
There is a belief that human's limitations are actually caused by the brain itself. We filled it up with fears, pain and maybe other negative thoughts so it only lets 10% of our capability used. This could be the reason why Mikasa appears so emotionless after her power came out, so she could negate anything that might cause her weakness.

But this is only a theory. Japanese like these kinds of myths or superstitions so it is possible.
But her emotions are the reason for her strength and her weakness, her realisation about the cruel world have her the resolve but her emotion is what gives her the strength she has, which is why it wavers when she believes Eren is dead, and why she believes "she can do anything" whilst she has Eren.
Sep 20, 2013 8:33 PM

Sep 2013
The panels that showed Mikasa's brain doing... something were there for more than just dramatic effect, I think. I mean, Eren's dad was probably doing some kind of genetic testing on her based off what we've seen.
enjoy your friends while they can, they might die in a few chapters
Sep 20, 2013 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
KaguraUzumaki said:
The panels that showed Mikasa's brain doing... something were there for more than just dramatic effect, I think. I mean, Eren's dad was probably doing some kind of genetic testing on her based off what we've seen.

Maybe her strength is he partly because he tested his titan stuff on her? Trying to perfect it before he injected it into Eren? (Just rambling here but it's just a thought)
Sep 20, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
MikasaxEren said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

Maybe her strength is he partly because he tested his titan stuff on her? Trying to perfect it before he injected it into Eren? (Just rambling here but it's just a thought)

It could be that, or she could be some sort of biological weapon. I mean, whatever she IS, she broke a floorboard while running. That ain't normal for a little girl. (or anyone lbr)
Sep 20, 2013 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
KaguraUzumaki said:
MikasaxEren said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

It could be that, or she could be some sort of biological weapon. I mean, whatever she IS, she broke a floorboard while running. That ain't normal for a little girl. (or anyone lbr)

Exactly, Mikasa is obviously superhuman, I mean she is getting close to Levi's level and she is only 15, fresh out of training.
Sep 20, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2013
MikasaxEren said:
KaguraUzumaki said:
MikasaxEren said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

Exactly, Mikasa is obviously superhuman, I mean she is getting close to Levi's level and she is only 15, fresh out of training.

She's only 15? I thought they were 16 for some reason.

And yeah, her skill and raw strength go far beyond the average human. She was also having those head pains at one point?
Sep 23, 2013 12:30 AM
Aug 2013
not relevant to the current idscussion, but adding on to the time travel theory, I think it's possible that the bertholdt, reiner and annie also came from the future. All three of them have worn hoodies at some point in the anime/manga, which is strange because the fashion of the snk universe is olden day/medieval inspired, and I don't think I've seen any other character wearing hoodies. Just a small thing but you never know haha
and also with episode 22 it kind of established a link with episode 1, it was like the eren in episode 1 was dreaming of what happened in episode 22, and when he woke up he asked why mikasa's hair was longer and he was crying because of what he saw (like episode 22 eren).
Sep 23, 2013 3:38 AM
Jul 2013
KaguraUzumaki said:
MikasaxEren said:
KaguraUzumaki said:
MikasaxEren said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

She's only 15? I thought they were 16 for some reason.

And yeah, her skill and raw strength go far beyond the average human. She was also having those head pains at one point?

It's pretty much assumed to be traumas at this point, unless what MikasaxEren suggested is true, which is that Mikasa is a Titan Slayer (my nickname for them superhumans).

promptu said:
not relevant to the current idscussion, but adding on to the time travel theory, I think it's possible that the bertholdt, reiner and annie also came from the future. All three of them have worn hoodies at some point in the anime/manga, which is strange because the fashion of the snk universe is olden day/medieval inspired, and I don't think I've seen any other character wearing hoodies. Just a small thing but you never know haha
and also with episode 22 it kind of established a link with episode 1, it was like the eren in episode 1 was dreaming of what happened in episode 22, and when he woke up he asked why mikasa's hair was longer and he was crying because of what he saw (like episode 22 eren).

Eh, again, I don't think Time Travel suits the atmosphere right now. We don't want another "Cage of Eden" BS. But who knows, if Isayama makes it work, we'll enjoy it. That bastard's been attracting us like honey to bees with his twists. xP

Anyway, kinda off-topic, but still relevant anyway:

• Do you think that a horror story can have a happy ending?

• Do you think that SnK will have a happy ending? (Well, depends on their personal interpretation of a happy ending)

Personally, from me, yes to both. my personal happy ending would encompass these points:

• At least Eren and Mikasa (Definitely married, btw) out of the main trio lives happily ever after.
    (Armin's growing out of his humanity a little bit now, so he might sacrifice himself?)

• At least most of the 104th trainees squad lives. (I'd like to see Ymir banging Historia... wait, did I just type that out? o-o)

• The Titan problem under control. (They might be able to suppress the; rendering them harmless; actually wiping them out of existence; turn them back into humans,...)

• At least 1 discovery of a faction outside the walls.

• At least 1 alliance with said faction which would end in a happy note.
Sep 23, 2013 4:07 AM
Jul 2013
Xinception said:

It's pretty much assumed to be traumas at this point, unless what MikasaxEren suggested is true, which is that Mikasa is a Titan Slayer (my nickname for them superhumans).

I happened to read somewhere in a Japanese review site stating that the author mentioned about Mikasa was merely released her brain limiter at that critical moment.
They showed her brain's surge, her lines about 'having a complete control', her somewhat lack of emotions afterwards (not to count her obsession), and this being a Japanese manga should be convincing enough to believe that was it.

It makes me wonder if Levi hadn't actually done the same thing himself, witnessing his strength and power which is far beyond human's. If he hadn't, I can't imagine how much stronger he could be if he did just that.
Sep 23, 2013 1:51 PM
Jul 2013
yuquall said:
Xinception said:

I happened to read somewhere in a Japanese review site stating that the author mentioned about Mikasa was merely released her brain limiter at that critical moment.
They showed her brain's surge, her lines about 'having a complete control', her somewhat lack of emotions afterwards (not to count her obsession), and this being a Japanese manga should be convincing enough to believe that was it.

It makes me wonder if Levi hadn't actually done the same thing himself, witnessing his strength and power which is far beyond human's. If he hadn't, I can't imagine how much stronger he could be if he did just that.

Wait.... so does that mean we can unlock our brain in real life too? o-o
Sep 23, 2013 6:23 PM
Jul 2013
Xinception said:
yuquall said:
Xinception said:

That I don't know. Maybe after years and years of training and meditation in an isolated temple? Or for a quick shortcut, put yourself in Mikasa's situation then if you're lucky you'll get it.
Sep 23, 2013 6:24 PM
Jul 2013
yuquall said:
Xinception said:
yuquall said:
Xinception said:

That I don't know. Maybe after years and years of training and meditation in an isolated temple? Or for a quick shortcut, put yourself in Mikasa's situation then if you're lucky you'll get it.

Cool, I'll break stuff by just stepping on them.
Sep 23, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
yuquall said:
Xinception said:
yuquall said:
Xinception said:

Maybe rip the limiter out of your head? Our bodies are actually much stronger than our brains would allow (look at Eren's titan form).
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 24, 2013 3:25 AM
Jul 2013
Imma just quote myself, to get this discussion going.

Xinception said:

Anyway, kinda off-topic, but still relevant anyway:

• Do you think that a horror story can have a happy ending?

• Do you think that SnK will have a happy ending? (Well, depends on their personal interpretation of a happy ending)

Personally, from me, yes to both. my personal happy ending would encompass these points:

• At least Eren and Mikasa (Definitely married, btw) out of the main trio lives happily ever after.
    (Armin's growing out of his humanity a little bit now, so he might sacrifice himself?)

• At least most of the 104th trainees squad lives. (I'd like to see Ymir banging Historia... wait, did I just type that out? o-o)

• The Titan problem under control. (They might be able to suppress the; rendering them harmless; actually wiping them out of existence; turn them back into humans,...)

• At least 1 discovery of a faction outside the walls.

• At least 1 alliance with said faction which would end in a happy note.

P.S: Only 1 more week to go mate! Chapter 50!!!!!! And next week, we get that SnK: Before The Fall chapter 1 (the previous one was a prologue) and SnK: Gaiden (The shoujo story with Levi and Irvin).
Sep 25, 2013 3:46 AM
Jul 2013
I have never once thought any ending in a horror movie could be a happy one. It always leaves out some closure, making the viewer wonders even more.

A happy ending of SnK..

The only image that come to mind is :
Levi in a small cottage in his apron and bandana doing his routines, maybe even cooking or baking some food. Then Eren comes over with Mikasa tagging along (married or not, I don't really care, I bet Mikasa would tag along anyway) chatting merrily with Levi while having tea with Mikasa glaring at Levi.

Armin probably somewhere in a government office working with Erwin.
yuquallSep 25, 2013 3:51 AM
Sep 29, 2013 4:58 AM
Jul 2013
Still want a happy ending.
Sep 29, 2013 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
can someone explain to me why Ymir became human again ?? she said that 60years ago she feels like always having a nightmare when she is in titan form ... but when he eat a human with a powder(or something like that)? ...she back in her original form(human as ymir) but can't remember what happened after that...?
Sep 29, 2013 8:53 AM
Jul 2013
YamadaAoi said:
can someone explain to me why Ymir became human again ?? she said that 60years ago she feels like always having a nightmare when she is in titan form ... but when he eat a human with a powder(or something like that)? ...she back in her original form(human as ymir) but can't remember what happened after that...?

Not yet explained. But keep your questions coming, I'm online ATM. I'll help you fit in as a newcomer from the anime!
Sep 29, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2013
commanderderp.tumblr.com/post/54857874988/eren-theory
Sep 29, 2013 4:00 PM
Apr 2011
My happy ending:

Eren and Mikasa are married. Mikasa is not the stoic yandere anymore. She is now a happy, cheerful person like when she was still a kid. They have 1 child. His name is Eren Jr. The kid's name is supposed to be Armin(named after their friend who passed away) but Mikasa says "No. It should be Eren Jr."
Sep 29, 2013 5:22 PM
Jul 2013
ravagestorm said:
My happy ending:

Eren and Mikasa are married. Mikasa is not the stoic yandere anymore. She is now a happy, cheerful person like when she was still a kid. They have 1 child. His name is Eren Jr. The kid's name is supposed to be Armin(named after their friend who passed away) but Mikasa says "No. It should be Eren Jr."

Why not both a boy and a girl? c:
Sep 29, 2013 6:28 PM
Jul 2013
NewHJ said:
I think it's pretty obvious and someone must be already stated that but, for me, those titans who attacked (with the Ape Titan) were all humans from Connie's village

Yeah, fortunately Connie is a bit slow.
Sep 29, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
While the idea of Mikasa being a Titan shifter sounds freaking AWESOME, I feel like that would make her character way too OP (overpowered). I feel like Isayama's characters and all their personalities serve a purpose:

- Eren - embodies the rage/fearlessness of humanity, as well as its tenacity (multiple characters have commented on his insane and scary ability to keep getting back up against insurmountable odds)
- Armin - intelligence, someone who realizes his own limitations but still tries to do whatever he can to help
- Erwin (Irwin) - leadership, someone who sees the bigger picture and is willing to take responsibility for whatever ungodly sin if it means the survival of humanity (also his fucking arm got bitten off and he barely even blinked)
- Mikasa - spitting in the face of the typical damsel in distress archetype, had the rug pulled from beneath her feet, but isn't a victim. She carries the horrible memories with her (I think those are the headaches she gets, when she remembers the murder of her parents; it's a common coping mechanism for young children to attempt to bury or forget traumatic experiences), but keeps trying to live.
- Levi (Rivaille) - a person from questionable roots (he was part of the Capitol underground before coming over to Irwin's side, which we'll learn more about later) became humanity's strongest; had a team that looked up to him and believed in him, as well as some great one-liners.
- Hanji - let go of her blistering hate for Titans and adopted a different angle, hoping to gain some new insight

I could go on. I just think that other than Eren, having more Titan shifters among the aforementioned characters would be a little too contrived and make the manga less enjoyable (at least for me, lol). The point is that they're human and they're still strong as fuck.

(I do, however, fully endorse an all-out, anything goes battle between titan!Annie and titan!Mikasa; THAT would be super awesome and cancel out everything else I said earlier)
(눈_눈)
Sep 29, 2013 8:35 PM
Sep 2013
Got a bit of a random theory, or rather, prediction here. Since the series if half way done now, we should start seeing some foreshadows coming to pass.

I believe the start of the series (where Eren cries and Mikasa says "see you later") was a premonition to a future event. Since she's still in her military uniform, I'm thinking that it will be an event that occurs some in the middle to near-end of the manga.

Now that Mikasa is hurt and can't fight, she'll need to take some down time, just like Levi, to recover. While she's recovering, Eren and the corps go out on another mission outside the protection of the walls. During their expedition, the ape titan shows up within the walls (since he can climb them, this would be a piece of cake) and attacks the district where Mikasa is recovering. Unable to fight she is turned into a titan, much like the people from Connie's village. Mikasa would be a very powerful titan, but, most likely, she wouldn't be able to control it and goes berserk. Pixis, who is in charge of defence will die in a counter attack at the hands of Mikasa (a "hot lady titan"). News will be relayed to Eren and the corps, and they will race back to the district. Eren is crying because he knows Mikasa is there (or he'll cry when he knows what happened to her). At this point we learn that everything up to this event was actually in the past, and in reality, we are in the middle of a titan brawl between Eren and Mikasa. Only difference is, Mikasa is a person Eren would never hate or want to kill. So this event will force him to perfect control of his Titan so that he can rescue Mikasa. Basically, a major ultimatum for Eren.
Sep 29, 2013 11:26 PM
Apr 2011
Xinception said:
ravagestorm said:
My happy ending:

Don't worry because Mikasa gets preggo again(marital rape by Mikasa) and she names her little girl Erenia.
Sep 30, 2013 2:47 AM
Jul 2013
Shuryou55 said:
Got a bit of a random theory, or rather, prediction here. Since the series if half way done now, we should start seeing some foreshadows coming to pass.

I believe the start of the series (where Eren cries and Mikasa says "see you later") was a premonition to a future event. Since she's still in her military uniform, I'm thinking that it will be an event that occurs some in the middle to near-end of the manga.

Now that Mikasa is hurt and can't fight, she'll need to take some down time, just like Levi, to recover. While she's recovering, Eren and the corps go out on another mission outside the protection of the walls. During their expedition, the ape titan shows up within the walls (since he can climb them, this would be a piece of cake) and attacks the district where Mikasa is recovering. Unable to fight she is turned into a titan, much like the people from Connie's village. Mikasa would be a very powerful titan, but, most likely, she wouldn't be able to control it and goes berserk. Pixis, who is in charge of defence will die in a counter attack at the hands of Mikasa (a "hot lady titan"). News will be relayed to Eren and the corps, and they will race back to the district. Eren is crying because he knows Mikasa is there (or he'll cry when he knows what happened to her). At this point we learn that everything up to this event was actually in the past, and in reality, we are in the middle of a titan brawl between Eren and Mikasa. Only difference is, Mikasa is a person Eren would never hate or want to kill. So this event will force him to perfect control of his Titan so that he can rescue Mikasa. Basically, a major ultimatum for Eren.

I think this might be plausible, but provided that Mikasa will turn back into human, is alive and will still fight using her 3DMG skills. She's a Titan Slayer (my nickname for them prodigies like her and Levi) for fuck's sake. She doesn't need to transform to kick ass?

ravagestorm said:
Xinception said:
ravagestorm said:
My happy ending:

Don't worry because Mikasa gets preggo again(marital rape by Mikasa) and she names her little girl Erenia.

Femdom....

Dayum.
Sep 30, 2013 6:25 AM
Sep 2013
New to MAL and figured I'd throw in something that's been bugging me since the season finale. The whole intermission scene talking about the miner, now it's crazy enough him and his friend both disappeared but, what about the floor? The passage describes him reaching what seemed to be a bedrock floor. His shovel broke making me think it's some kind of titan material. Seems fishy that the day after he reaches the floor he disappears as well as his hole. Makes me wonder what the hell the walls really are as they certainly weren't built by humans hauling ass from titans.

I am just assuming that anime scene was canon although I have read all the current chapters and don't recall seeing it. So many damn mysteries in this show. Also, whoever came up with the plant theory, I totally agree. While it may be totally unrelated and probably is, in ED2 what looks to be Mikasa drops a seed down the wall and the music kicks in. Could be a nut of some kind though instead of a seed lol
Sep 30, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2008
I usually don't really post.. But I decided to give it a go..

Mind you, this "theory" occurred to me before I actually read the manga

However, the further I got into the series (especially after reading manga) I seriously doubt any of this would actually be the case.
Sep 30, 2013 11:48 AM
Sep 2013
Xinception said:
Shuryou55 said:

I think this might be plausible, but provided that Mikasa will turn back into human, is alive and will still fight using her 3DMG skills. She's a Titan Slayer (my nickname for them prodigies like her and Levi) for fuck's sake. She doesn't need to transform to kick ass?

Right now I believe that there are/were humans in the nape's of all Titan necks. Except, when they lose control of the titan, or the titan takes over, the human body is consumed (kind of like when Eren was fighting Annie). Of course, I'de want this to be a temporary transformation forced upon Mikasa by the ape titan since I think it's important symbolism that the #1 soldier (besides Levi), is a human. Also, if she were a titan all along, and she could heal herself, Levi could just cut her out pretty easily so it would be less interesting a scene.
Sep 30, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
Forgetfulness said:
kokolien said:
I usually don't really post.. But I decided to give it a go..

Mind you, this "theory" occurred to me before I actually read the manga

However, the further I got into the series (especially after reading manga) I seriously doubt any of this would actually be the case.

Probably, since it's said and shown that Titans throw up the humans they eat after they're full

Pretty much, yeah :P
Sep 30, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2013
my theory is that the village where Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie come is where the colossal Titans from the walls come from, many people in that village were slaves and were transformed into, now, the first time humans become titans they seem to lose their intelligence , then the ape titan, a human ally, controlled them to make the walls. Humans then betray and trap him, but when the Wall is destroyed, he escapes. Reiner and Bertholdt just want to free thier people. The strange language may be extinct, and Ymir could read it because she has been living for 60 years, Reiner could read a part of it because his village was taught him some of this language. Maybe one of the Wall titans is important to Reiner’s village, and so he need Christa because she may know where this titan is. Anyway, thats my theory, does anyone agree or want to give me their opinion?
Sep 30, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2013
YamadaAoi said:

she was probably killed as a titan, and when she woke up and transformed again she was concious
Sep 30, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2013
Kunai334 said:
New to MAL and figured I'd throw in something that's been bugging me since the season finale. The whole intermission scene talking about the miner, now it's crazy enough him and his friend both disappeared but, what about the floor? The passage describes him reaching what seemed to be a bedrock floor. His shovel broke making me think it's some kind of titan material. Seems fishy that the day after he reaches the floor he disappears as well as his hole. Makes me wonder what the hell the walls really are as they certainly weren't built by humans hauling ass from titans.

I am just assuming that anime scene was canon although I have read all the current chapters and don't recall seeing it. So many damn mysteries in this show. Also, whoever came up with the plant theory, I totally agree. While it may be totally unrelated and probably is, in ED2 what looks to be Mikasa drops a seed down the wall and the music kicks in. Could be a nut of some kind though instead of a seed lol

when did that happen? in the before the fall novel?where can i read it? thanks if you reply
Sep 30, 2013 5:39 PM
Jul 2013
Joaquin_F said:
Kunai334 said:

when did that happen? in the before the fall novel?where can i read it? thanks if you reply

Episode 25, between the breaks, those "what we can share ATM" thing.

I consider that canon, since it expands on the lore.
Sep 30, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
skittle316 said:
MikasaxEren said:
If Dr Yeager did give all these titan shifters their "powers", the shouldn't Eren have the best titan form, after all he is his son, and from what we see Dr. Yeager does obviously care about Eren. (Maybe Eren's titan form is the best once he learns to control its abilities fully, It has shown the most brute strength for its size, so it might have the most potential.)

I have seen some theories about how people think Eren was adopted by Dr.Yeager, but they have the exact same eyes so i don't think that is the case. I really do want to know what is in the basement though, maybe information on how to make titan shifter serum? That could explain why RBA are trying to exterminate humanity within the walls, because if they could turn themselves into titans, they could come and destroy their home village?
I still think that Dr.Yeager experimented on Mikasa, her abilities are noted to be exceptional, that and her close connection to Eren, something just makes me feel that Dr.Yeager has had a hand in her strength as well as Eren's.

Eren' titan form isn't similar to a shifter. Which means there is a chance he was a mindless titan but became a shifter through experiments. ince if you look at Bert,Annie and Reiner. There titan forms show muscle tendons while Ymir who used to be a titan and Eren do not. There skin is similar if not the same to other titans minus the abs. Which could also mean that eren has mindless titan DNA with him mixed with his own attributes but he is not a true shifter like BRA.

BRA are destroying life in the walls as a mission, which apparently having more shifters is more important than it.

Grisha probably did seeing how he visited Mikasa for some odd reason,but it could be something orientals posses. Like others said Mikasa's body clearly shows she trained to be as spectacular as she is. It can't experiments because Annie and Levi are just as good as Mikasa combat wise yet they haven't been experimented on. Like Japanese fams have said, Mikasa probably has the best abilities because Isayama wanted her as the last surviving better than all great Japanese.

But Ymir actually was a human who stole something from reiners hometown, wich is probably the vaccine. she is originally a human
Sep 30, 2013 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
I wonder how accurate the translation of chapter 47 is.

When Bert ask Ymir "Did you still remember who you ate?" she answers "was it one of your comrades?" and then they assume Eren should've eaten someone too.

The way she answered make it seems like she instantly understood that she eated one person and so the assumed that eren should've eaten people.

They way that conversation went made me think that titans (either normal ones or special cases) need to eat humans (or certain humans) to become humans again themselves.

But maybe it's just a misconception.
Oct 1, 2013 11:54 AM
Aug 2011
I'm just going to make a new post.

I can't believe no one is seeing the similarity of the Ape Titan & evolution? Homo sapiens or whatever, I forget cause I learned it in the sixth grade lolol. Even if we're at the middle ages and not millions of years back, kind of think about "did humans exist before titans" or "titans existed before humans"? Why is there a church cult? Since science and religion are complete disagreements I think the Ape Titan has something to do with evolution, and is therefore an enemy of the church cult. I do think humans came from Mr. Monkey & somehow humanity manipulated itself into the Titans we know now. We don't know whether or not the Ape has reproductive organs. Even if the two are at war, the religious nobles may praise the walls for having Titans in them, titans as big as the ape and is therefore sacred. But I guess this doesn't add up to the plot, as in why was the Ape destructive towards the people at castle Utgard? Lol
Oct 1, 2013 2:17 PM
Jul 2013
Daisukio said:
I'm just going to make a new post.

I can't believe no one is seeing the similarity of the Ape Titan & evolution? Homo sapiens or whatever, I forget cause I learned it in the sixth grade lolol. Even if we're at the middle ages and not millions of years back, kind of think about "did humans exist before titans" or "titans existed before humans"? Why is there a church cult? Since science and religion are complete disagreements I think the Ape Titan has something to do with evolution, and is therefore an enemy of the church cult. I do think humans came from Mr. Monkey & somehow humanity manipulated itself into the Titans we know now. We don't know whether or not the Ape has reproductive organs. Even if the two are at war, the religious nobles may praise the walls for having Titans in them, titans as big as the ape and is therefore sacred. But I guess this doesn't add up to the plot, as in why was the Ape destructive towards the people at castle Utgard? Lol

So you're saying that....

This is another version of Rise of The Ape Planet?

xD
Oct 1, 2013 3:05 PM

Dec 2012
Vanisher said:
I wonder how accurate the translation of chapter 47 is.

When Bert ask Ymir "Did you still remember who you ate?" she answers "was it one of your comrades?" and then they assume Eren should've eaten someone too.

The way she answered make it seems like she instantly understood that she eated one person and so the assumed that eren should've eaten people.

They way that conversation went made me think that titans (either normal ones or special cases) need to eat humans (or certain humans) to become humans again themselves.

But maybe it's just a misconception.

I think it was about not-remembering. In Trost he didn't remember that he attacked Mikasa, in Stohess he was half-conscious and asked how is Annie. In the fight on Wall Rose he was conscious most of the time, later he was quicker to remember what happened.

Reiner, specifically, displays personality coping issues. Bert seems amnesiac about very specific things that happened to him, but the only one confirmed to eat a human is Ymir. Bert also ate a soldier to take his 3DMG on Rose, but this different, right. I don't remember Annie eating anyone - her biting was part of her defense or counter-attacks.

The mindless titans do munch and regurgitate humans, though. I like the idea of them trying to become humans again, because they are pretty well fixed on chewing and preying upon people, not other living creatures.

Edit: The case of Ymir is indeed curious. If she doesn't remember for years, how does she know that she eats humans and she is in a titan-form. Either I don't get it, or is some sort of Catch 22 for them, too.

Basically, all human-titans share some lagging in consciousness and recall b/w their forms - Annie slept a good time after the Forest offensive, although she looks the most aware in her titan form. Bert perhaps comes next, then Ymir, last Reiner; Eren is under construction so to speak. Oh, and recently Reiner said something about food and sleep being essential for them.
zellamiOct 1, 2013 3:14 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.