Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2007 12:55 AM

Aug 2006
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
lol what? Nobody keeps up with this manga, that can't be true =P

Anyway, Ed and Al are in a tough spot. I knew their plan against Kimblee would fail, but I thought that it would have stood more of a chance then that...not Kimblee just "knowing" or "senseing" murderous intent. @_@

I hope the manga goes back to Hohenheim soon, I'm more interested in learning about him right now.
Oct 14, 2007 1:52 AM

Jun 2007
running_lemon said:
lol what? Nobody keeps up with this manga, that can't be true =P

I'd have already started a chapter discussion if it didn't look like there wasn't much call for one. This subforum is practically empty.

If Kimbley's played his cards right, Ed's wound shouldn't be fatal. Envy would rip him to shreds if he killed their human sacrifice after all he's survived. Unless this was part of that whole sacrificial deal, in which case Ed's pretty much screwed for the time being.
Oct 16, 2007 6:03 AM

Aug 2007
Well. His wounds may be not that bad (after all he survived loosing an arm and a leg), but he's lying around in a hole without being able to move and the temperature is below 0. I think he's still alive, but it's only a matter of time when he'll die if nobody rescues him. And who will rescue him? Unless there's one of the Humunculi around I don't see a person who could do it.
Oct 17, 2007 5:20 AM

Jun 2007
Tough call, but if the chimeras weren't too badly injured and are able to get out of the rubble, they may help Ed (since Kimblee betrayed them).

So, now I wonder, just when did that jerk get a second stone?? >_< Someone needs to just chop off both his hands. I feel sorry for Ed, with his ideals being torn apart by everyone around him at this point.

*is also looking forward to learning more about Hohenheim right now*
Oct 17, 2007 4:32 PM

Sep 2007
Great Chapter! I'll start a "Donate organs for ED" thread!! XD

Hohenheim taught the Xing people about Alchemy...

I wonder where will they all go after the fight with Kimbley..., cos people from central came to Briggs
Oct 21, 2007 3:21 PM

Oct 2007
It might just be me, but it feels like the manga is coming closer and closer to its end, and this chapter was just more reassurance to me about that theory. A lot of questions have been answered in the recent chapters, and the brothers seem to be entering a phase where time is of the essence for Alphonse/their connection. I wouldn't be surprised if volume 18 ended the series.

Anyway, this chapter was wonderful--though it jumped moods far too often. It's like the chapter has multiple personality disorder and hasn't taken its medication. Too many different things done far too quickly. But still full of valuable information and clues.
Oct 21, 2007 4:43 PM

Jun 2007
AriSky said:
I wouldn't be surprised if volume 18 ended the series.

I would, as that would mean it had ended three chapters ago.
Oct 21, 2007 8:36 PM

Oct 2007
...Yeah, that's me on less than a noteworthy amount of sleep. I meant volume 20... ^^;
Dec 21, 2008 7:30 PM

Jan 2008
The manga is definitely getting better now that more questions are being answered. What I find intersting is that Hoenheim taught the Xing people about alchemy but furthermore, Hoenheim's own past. Gah~ Everything that Edward and Alphonse want leads them right back to their dad. They wanted the Philosophers Stone and their dad is the stone. They want to know all about the Xing alchemy - and their dad taught Xing alchemy. Bleh - they're dad is so intriguing.

Anywho - I'm pretty curious to how Ed's going to get out of his current situation.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Aug 25, 2013 1:30 PM

Nov 2009
Well shit that looks painful.

Anyways is it that if Ed dies then Al will die too? Or is it just a coincidence that Al is destabilizing at the exact same moment? (although I guess they did hint to it while he was going through the snow storm.)
Nov 9, 2015 2:27 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So if something happens to Ed, Al loses his soul?

5/5
Jun 17, 2019 9:08 AM

Jul 2016
Nice to see Kimblee getting a taste of his own medicine.
Sep 2, 2022 10:31 AM

Oct 2015
So........... I thought Xing was based on China, but based on Mei's explanation, they're using japanese words..... Any thoughts?
Feb 5, 2023 3:43 AM

Nov 2020
Oh damn Ed is in a big trouble!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.