Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (15) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2009 7:49 PM
Aug 2009
i'm talking about wine not the sparkling wines you see in 375ml bottles, same with rose'...

as for taste each to their own

for my taste for me to enjoy wine it needs to be cold as drinking them at room temp most wines taste stale to me...

i also the older the wine is the colder it needs to be for its tasting flavour it's pretty big misconception wine needs to be served at room temp.. if you want to sit around smelling wines all day i'm not going to stop, though are made for drinking not there to be looked at and to be smelled at as if you were smelling roses..
Oct 17, 2009 8:13 PM

Jun 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Moonfrost said:
Why would you drink alcohol anyways? It's just the same as smoking cigarettes and weed. It'll just make your lifespan short.

People who drink are all idiots.

You should not speak without even trying it.

There are various reasons while people drink:
1. To get warm. Back in the time there were not central heat services, kids had to go barfoot to school under cold weather. So parents would give them a wonderful breakfast composed with wine mixed with bread (traditional food here) so they gained heat. Same was the function of vodka back in Siberia
2. Because of the taste. Some stuff is really good. You'd probably like some sweet cocktails like Sex on the Beach, Orgasm and Strawberry Shots. Appreciators develop a taste for wine, which tastes wonderfully when it's good, and even destilated drinks like whisky and vodka.
3. The fun. Alchohol frees your mind, allowing your body to do stuff you'd never to sober. And this is a good thing as long as you don't post it on Facebook.

Alchohol is not something that immediatly turns you into a throwing up loser abandoned by their friends in a corner, losing house and job and turning into a smelly beggar. It may turn you into this if you are permanently drunk. Sometimes it would be nice, though. It's not like a glass of whisky will provoke a cirrosis. For one reason it is known to be a chronical disease. It's not two shots once a week that will make you die of hepatitis.

Also, what's with everyone who says red wine is cold. Red wine is not fucking cold. It's to be eaten with meat, how can it be cold? White, green and rosé are cold, indeed, but wine is at the environment temperature.

The important thing is it makes you FEEL warm so if your walking in the snow to school you don't feel like shit all the way there regardless of whether or not it actually makes you warmer. The point is not to scale a mountain in your underwear which I suppose under the influence of too much alcohol could seem a good idea so frostbite prevention is not really a concern. :P
Oct 17, 2009 8:18 PM

Sep 2009
i dont drink sorry xD

Oct 18, 2009 12:57 AM

Jun 2009
I finally had vodka I can tolerate this last week. Pear flavored Grey Goose, for the first time in my life I can say it was worth the price I paid for the bottle. It didn't make me vomit projectiles of funyuns and acid the next day either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 18, 2009 2:46 AM

Aug 2009
FAGBUTT said:
I finally had vodka I can tolerate this last week. Pear flavored Grey Goose, for the first time in my life I can say it was worth the price I paid for the bottle. It didn't make me vomit projectiles of funyuns and acid the next day either.

ever tried flavored burnette's? cherry & strawberry are kickass.
Oct 28, 2009 2:22 PM

Mar 2009
I'm drinking an iced coffee with peppermint schapps right now.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Oct 28, 2009 2:39 PM

Oct 2009
Vodka. Vodka. Vodka.
Tequila isn't too bad either.
BLOWFISH!
Oct 28, 2009 2:49 PM

Oct 2009
Beer
Guinness
Killian's Irish Red
Magic Hat no. 9
Newcastle Brown Ale

Straight
Bailey's Irish Cream
Kahlua
Oronoco
Tuaca

Mixes
coffee mixes
White Russian
Oct 28, 2009 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
Beer is okay, but it sucks cause it makes you gain hella weight. >;

It's cool when you play Beer Pong though.

I prefer to drink Vodka, Gin or Tequila. Either take shots or if I'm lazy and feel like being boring, I'll drink it with a chaser.
Oct 28, 2009 3:18 PM

Oct 2009
Pass me the Crown Royal and Coke please :]
Oct 28, 2009 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
rTz said:
I'm drinking an iced coffee with peppermint schapps right now.

Oh hell, that sounds good, and that's coming from someone who really doesn't like coffee. I wanna try it later. Might I ask what kind of coffee it is? Since we have about fifty variations of iced coffee over here these days.

leopardskin said:
FAGBUTT said:

ever tried flavored burnette's? cherry & strawberry are kickass.

I fucking love cherries. Actually, I just fucking love fruity shit. Will be trying.
Wow. Never thought I'd be getting good drink recommendations on MAL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 28, 2009 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, almost 29% of MALers older than 18 don't drink alcohol at all. Isn't that much? :O
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Oct 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
Looking at the above posts, mentioning Grey Goose.

Reminds me of a party I went to, just a bunch of friends hanging out since one of them was turning 18. One of the bottles we had was Grey Goose. We were saving that one for last, since the guy really liked it.

Later on, about 1am some other people came, some asians that we knew, we greeted them, hugs and all that. They stayed and chatted for a good 20minutes, then they left. These were the gangsta type of asians too(not trying to offend anyone alright), and after 5 minutes we noticed they took our Grey Goose.

Not a happy ending.
Oct 28, 2009 3:33 PM

Mar 2009
FAGBUTT said:
Oh hell, that sounds good, and that's coming from someone who really doesn't like coffee. I wanna try it later. Might I ask what kind of coffee it is? Since we have about fifty variations of iced coffee over here these days.

It's just generic Kirkland (Costco) brand "Sumatra French Roast" coffee beans. The stuff is pretty good, especially since it's quite cheap. Instead of cold brewing (mix grounds with water overnight in fridge + strain), I just brewed it hot. I put in a little bit of Equal sweetener, half-and-half (out of Baileys ;_;), and peppermint schnapps.

Protip: NEVER use ice to make an iced coffee, all you do is end up watering it down and it tastes like shit. Just pour it in a glass and stick it in the freezer until the sides and top of the coffee is frozen.
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Oct 28, 2009 3:39 PM

Jun 2009
rTz said:
FAGBUTT said:

It's just generic Kirkland (Costco) brand "Sumatra French Roast" coffee beans. The stuff is pretty good, especially since it's quite cheap. Instead of cold brewing (mix grounds with water overnight in fridge + strain), I just brewed it hot. I put in a little bit of Equal sweetener, half-and-half (out of Baileys ;_;), and peppermint schnapps.

Protip: NEVER use ice to make an iced coffee, all you do is end up watering it down and it tastes like shit. Just pour it in a glass and stick it in the freezer until the sides and top of the coffee is frozen.

Well being on dorms, I'm not allowed to have a coffe pot. So I've got to use a pre made one, probably from Dunkin' Donuts because it's all we have. I was just curious if it was a specific blend or coffee. Hopefully it works!
Oct 28, 2009 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
i prefer beer although i do like vodka and coke =P i like whiskey too but still prefer beer >:P
Oct 28, 2009 5:29 PM

Oct 2009
OnionKing said:

What I can't ever drink is Gin, it smells and tastes like wet grass to me.

I always got pine needles from Gin, I tried making a dry martini one night...terrible.just terrible.

Anyways I like to keep it simple with Budweiser, no light thank you very much.
Oct 28, 2009 5:39 PM

Dec 2007
The other day a friend scolded me because I "drink too much". I got sad. She said that I get hysterical when drunk but still treat unknown people like a wild animal. Ok, maybe I bit a person once, but it was just because they were scary. T_T I could just stop drinking, but then I'd have to go for hard drugs to hallucinate as well as I like (can do it perfectly fine with just alchohol, blame my fragile girl's liver), and that is a step away from decadence.

And, unlike this friend, I don't run half naked through a camp saying I'm the Queen of Atlantida or try to unbury Maddies corpse out of perfectly normal place of land.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 29, 2009 12:55 AM
Sep 2009
I'm in for a beer.
]
Nov 3, 2009 2:13 PM

Jul 2008
If I ever run into a person from MAL randomly

I will drink whiskey with them
Nov 3, 2009 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
Perposterone said:

I'm in.
Nov 3, 2009 4:25 PM
Oct 2008
What's the longest hangover that someone has ever had?
Nov 3, 2009 6:05 PM

Jun 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Perposterone said:

I'm in.

A MAL drinking party. An event unlike any other the world has ever seen. I can't help but imagine such a congregation, if even only attended by the frequenters of the forums, would wind up involving some level of law enforcement and a possible spot on the six o'clock news.
But why whiskey? It tastes so fail. We should use jager. I think it's just as strong, and it tastes much better.

vk_raistlin said:

A week. Actually, it was more like four or five days, but it ruined the entire week for me even a few days after. Also, inb4 BRO, INC. or coolstory.
Nov 3, 2009 6:12 PM
Oct 2008
I had one for three days. The third day I had to drive ten hours back from the beach. :<

It was scotch whiskey induced.
Nov 3, 2009 6:25 PM

Jul 2008
ladyxzeus said:
Perposterone said:

I'm in.
Count me in as well.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 3, 2009 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
Bakayaro said:
ladyxzeus said:
Perposterone said:

I'm in.
Count me in as well.

cheers mate, it's my 18th today though i can't drink stupid exams:(.
Von_StruthNov 8, 2009 9:09 PM
Nov 3, 2009 6:57 PM
Apr 2009
BEER! :D Mmm!

I really dislike Rum... and Whiskey. Insta-puke!
Nov 3, 2009 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
Im 16 and i Drink beer, wine and champagne.
Although I never got drunk, I only go Sober.
That's what happen if I'm home alone.
Nov 3, 2009 8:47 PM
Oct 2008
lKaireNl said:
Im 16 and i Drink beer, wine and champagne.
Although I never got drunk, I only go Sober.
That's what happen if I'm home alone.

Arrgh. Fuck the definition of sober. I give up.
Nov 3, 2009 8:51 PM
Aug 2009
The night before Halloween... oh god. Had 5 beers. Wasn't really in the mood to drink beer. Friend brought out some cheap whiskey. I said "sure why not" since I never drank whiskey before. Few shots later I'm feeling buzzed. Fifteen minutes pass... "shit just got real." I felt so messed up that I could hardly walk. I thought my lungs were going to shut down LOL. I was breathing a little heavy as if my breath was escaping me. Went in the house and went to sleep. Thankfully woke up in the morning and with no hangover to boot!
Nov 3, 2009 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
vk_raistlin said:

college
Nov 3, 2009 8:58 PM
Oct 2008
Perposterone said:
vk_raistlin said:

college

touché.
Nov 3, 2009 9:00 PM

Jul 2008
so three are in?
Nov 3, 2009 9:01 PM
Aug 2009
I'm in.
Nov 3, 2009 9:23 PM

Jun 2009
i have class at eight tomorrow.
but i don't see why a shot or two is a problem. especially since i have four very pretty shot glasses that haven't been used in a while.
Nov 6, 2009 1:02 AM
Jul 2009
sorry if i interrupt the conversation but id have to say wild turkey 101 or wild vines fruitsia any flavor
I am nothing but the shiver down your back,
the shadow on the wall,
the scratching in the attic and,
the howl in the wind.
Nov 6, 2009 2:35 AM

Apr 2009
I recommend you BARTENDER,

I prefer beer and wine.

Have you tried sweet wine?
Nov 6, 2009 3:42 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder what would happen if I was caught drinking.
Nov 6, 2009 4:26 AM

Oct 2007
I'm a rum n coke gal.
I like my malibu too :P

I had some cherry beer in Belgium before, which tasted awesome, but apart from that I don't normally like beer or lager.

I like baileys and ammaretto, and I don't mind red, white or rose wine.

That said, I don't drink very often. Usually once every couple of months.
My boyfriend is teetotal, so I usually avoid alcohol.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 6, 2009 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
*sigh* i personally am a huge alcohol snob T.T. Im a HUGE scotch fan but its gotta be good scotch and preferably aged 15 years or more. I like vodka but only top shelf ( belvedere, Effin, Stoli elite.. Grey goose taste like shit). And im a huge beer fan but its gotta be a dark amber or a nice brown ale.... so yeah.. because all of the things mentioned are extremely expensive and ive wasted TONS of money being picky.... i dont drink much anymroe LOL
Nov 6, 2009 9:47 AM

May 2008
Hi I am 14 can I be a part of this thread anyway?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 6, 2009 10:25 AM

Oct 2009
I love a good cocktail - my favourites are Zombies, Lynchberg Lemonades, Mojitos and and Purple Hazes ^_^

I also like gin and tonic if it has a BIG wedge of lime, jaegerbombs and white white spritzers (with lemonade, not soda water)
Nov 6, 2009 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Shouldn't it be 21 and up only?
I'm back.
Nov 6, 2009 1:23 PM

Oct 2009
You can drink from eighteen in UK :)
Nov 6, 2009 1:29 PM

Mar 2009
Sick_Bastard said:

> from Texas
> thinks every country in the world has the same drinking age as America

lulz

fyi, the only other countries with as high of a drinking age as us are: fiji, pakistan, and sri lanka.
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Nov 6, 2009 3:04 PM

Dec 2007
You can drink from 16 in Portugal. =)

But you can't smoke till you're 18.
Nov 10, 2009 8:08 PM
Aug 2009
rTz said:
Sick_Bastard said:

> from Texas

lulz

fyi, the only other countries with as high of a drinking age as us are: fiji, pakistan, and sri lanka.

>greentexting
>thinks this is /a/
Nov 10, 2009 8:44 PM

Mar 2009
GeneralZaroff said:
rTz said:
Sick_Bastard said:

> from Texas

lulz

>greentexting
>thinks this is /a/

Should I have used bullets? What is this /a/ you talk of, I know of no such thing.

To be on topic: I had a coffee with peppermint schnapps a few hours ago
rTzNov 10, 2009 8:59 PM
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Nov 10, 2009 8:45 PM

Nov 2008
I prefer Vodka, but I also love tequila ( silver, but every now and then I like gold )
Nov 10, 2009 10:53 PM

Feb 2008
I prefer Vodka, Baileys, and coctails (Swimmingpool)

Relunx
Pages (15) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Would you pat or slap the above user? v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Oct 5, 2022

9587 by OniMage »»
35 seconds ago

» Most attractive character from the above favourites ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Moe_Blob - Sep 5, 2018

7627 by Animeistaken »»
44 seconds ago

» The user above is hungry. Give them something to eat. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Kookie- - Oct 1, 2019

4518 by mokkocchi »»
1 minute ago

» Which anime genre is the user above ( 1 2 )

VampireSylphy - Feb 11, 2023

62 by Saeryen »»
2 minutes ago

» Pick Your Favorite Character from the Favorite Character List of the Person Above You v10 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 10, 2023

1247 by mokkocchi »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.